Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
I am so proud of myself. I started 4/11/11 weighing in at 205 and today I weigh 175. That's down 30 pounds in just over 2 months and 1 weeek!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Congratulations!! Great Job!!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I am so proud of myself. I started 4/11/11 weighing in at 205 and today I weigh 175. That's down 30 pounds in just over 2 months and 1 weeek!!!!
Good for you! You should feel proud (and skinny!) you've accomplished so much in a short time
Old 06-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Isn't it great!? What a motivation we can get with MWL with large initial loses! Stick with it for the next 50....you KNOW what to do! Congratulations.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hello everyone,
It has been a while. It looks like everyone is doing great. Summer is such a busy time of year for me with the kiddos. I have been on the plan for 24 weeks and have lost 76.4lbs and 16 1/2 inches off my waist. I originally was going to stop once I lost 96. However, now I think I may push it to 100. I have started going to the clinic every two weeks because of kids being home and partly financial. I had got to where I was only losing a small number and most was water. So, I figured i'd try every two weeks. I have been following the plan. However, this week I seem at least according to my scale ( which is normally close to clinic) to have gained weight. I am confused. I haven't done really anything any different and it is not close to the monthly. My ketosis strips say trace (which they have been saying that) even if I go a whole week with no garbs. I am also losing my hair. The clinic told me to take omega 3 and increase my protein. I have been taking omega 3 times a day and 5000mcg of biotin for a while. I did increase my protein by 50 to 100 calories and seemed to stall. So, I went back to the 500 to 600 calories of protein I have been on the whole time. That is all that I eat besides usually an orange and my serving(s) of spinach or broccoli. That is what I have been doing the whole time and losing. I am just concerned by my scale and feeling bigger in waist. Could I be hitting a plateau and if so what do I do to get out of it? I am so close to finally finishing something I started I don’t want to get discouraged now. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry, so long winded.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Hello everyone,
It has been a while. It looks like everyone is doing great. Summer is such a busy time of year for me with the kiddos. I have been on the plan for 24 weeks and have lost 76.4lbs and 16 1/2 inches off my waist. I originally was going to stop once I lost 96. However, now I think I may push it to 100. I have started going to the clinic every two weeks because of kids being home and partly financial. I had got to where I was only losing a small number and most was water. So, I figured i'd try every two weeks. I have been following the plan. However, this week I seem at least according to my scale ( which is normally close to clinic) to have gained weight. I am confused. I haven't done really anything any different and it is not close to the monthly. My ketosis strips say trace (which they have been saying that) even if I go a whole week with no garbs. I am also losing my hair. The clinic told me to take omega 3 and increase my protein. I have been taking omega 3 times a day and 5000mcg of biotin for a while. I did increase my protein by 50 to 100 calories and seemed to stall. So, I went back to the 500 to 600 calories of protein I have been on the whole time. That is all that I eat besides usually an orange and my serving(s) of spinach or broccoli. That is what I have been doing the whole time and losing. I am just concerned by my scale and feeling bigger in waist. Could I be hitting a plateau and if so what do I do to get out of it? I am so close to finally finishing something I started I don’t want to get discouraged now. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry, so long winded.

What I have done when I hit my plateau was to go off plan for a weekend and eat normally. I didn't OVER due it but I ate whatever I felt like but still did not go the fast food thing. After doing this for 3 days I went back on the strict part of Medi (only protein, no carbs, only 550 calories a day) for 4 days and I actually lost 7 pounds! I just had to "trick" my body so that it wasn't use to the restrictions and wasn't trying to hold on for dear life.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went from a size 16 in the Plus department to shopping in the juniors department. I'm really on cloud 9!! Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #158

Gallery: ash-st
Stats: 194/180/120
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: June 3,1011
I just jumped from the newbie board to here... I'm currently on week 4, but I am re-doing week one, because I was kicked out of keitosis due to some wine last week and eating out. But my dr agreed, I made the best choices for what I was offered.

I've lost a total of 12.1 pounds, and I only have 53 more to go!

I went to the movies with my family today, and ate a chicken wrap. Since we were sitting in the dark, I couldn't pick off all of the wrap. First of all, this is a problem due to the fact that I'm gluten-intolerant. Second, the CARBS!

Also, I nibbled on a bit of my sister's fries.

BUT a victory, I did stop when I was full, and did not eat anymore, even though everything was so yummy!

The whole reason I started MWL was 1. I have some pounds to lose and I've tried everything. 2. I found out I am gluten-intolerant and I was having a really hard time cutting gluten out. --- so having a dr help me cut carbs out and then when I can add minimal carbs back in, they can be "safe" ones. 3. I need this weekly weigh in.

So I'm finishing up the last of my water and calling it a night!

-Ash
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Just want to wish congrats to all of you for your great weight loss .Hope you treat yourself to a nice trip to buy a smaller pair of pants or a top, WOW, I look at some of the stats of you all and it makes me feel so encouraged. Thanks everyone for posting your good news.
Cathy
Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
I DID IT! I just weighed in and I hit my goal!!! I'm now officially in Maintenance. Thank you so much to everyone. The support from this forum pushed me through.

I'm so excited because the Dr. said I can have a beer.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Jodi - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You've worked VERY diligently to be where you are today...great job! Just be warned that the hard part starts now, maintenance! I'm so happy for you to be at your goal. If you learn or experience some victories and strength in resolve manuevers please share them with all of us! We are always going to be here to support each other. We all want to get to and stay at our healthiest BMI/weight/size.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I DID IT! I just weighed in and I hit my goal!!! I'm now officially in Maintenance. Thank you so much to everyone. The support from this forum pushed me through.

I KNEW I heard that looouud squeeeaallll from somewhere

Congratulations, girlfriend!! You deserve that beer! You've been so supportive and helpful to everyone else... time for you to shine!!

Have a great day and enjoy your celebration!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hi All- It's been a while....had to go off the medi because of BP. Still fluctuating wildly and can't take any of the supplements. Today is day one. Amazingly I am at the same weight as when I dropped off the planet. Haven't had a chance to check on all the old posts. Missed everyone. Life just got crazy and I needed time for myself-then realized this IS time for myself, taking care of yourself is important. Doing week ONE with no app. suppressents and no fat burner. UGH!
T
Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went from a size 16 in the Plus department to shopping in the juniors department. I'm really on cloud 9!! Good luck to everyone!!!
Congrats!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congratulations on a job well done!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

OMG HURRAY Jodi ! PLEASE keep posting here (as well as on the maintenance board) I'm SO proud of you!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #167

Gallery: ash-st
Stats: 194/180/120
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: June 3,1011
Quote:

Congrats Jodi!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Hi All- It's been a while....had to go off the medi because of BP. Still fluctuating wildly and can't take any of the supplements. Today is day one. Amazingly I am at the same weight as when I dropped off the planet. Haven't had a chance to check on all the old posts. Missed everyone. Life just got crazy and I needed time for myself-then realized this IS time for myself, taking care of yourself is important. Doing week ONE with no app. suppressents and no fat burner. UGH!
T
Your weight loss was going so well with MWL....I know you're dissapointed that you cannot use all the "tools" of MWL. But hang in there, my Sista! You are worth it! A great book to read is Julie Hadden's "Fat Chance."
Old 06-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, all! I am definately staying on these monthly posts. It is where I got all of my support. I have to tell you. I felt sooooo good to eat an english muffin with peanut butter on it today. I think it took me 10 minutes to eat it because I wanted to savor every bite. Doing the research to make sure I stay on track. Keep going everyone!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
I KNEW I heard that looouud squeeeaallll from somewhere

Congratulations, girlfriend!! You deserve that beer! You've been so supportive and helpful to everyone else... time for you to shine!!

Have a great day and enjoy your celebration!
And you did it this week too!!! Very awesome. Let me know if you come up with any good Maintenance tricks.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
OMG HURRAY Jodi ! PLEASE keep posting here (as well as on the maintenance board) I'm SO proud of you!
Thank you, Mary! Thank you for being so inspirational to everyone. You really did inspire me to join the gym and that extra push is what I needed to get here.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-st View Post
I just jumped from the newbie board to here... I'm currently on week 4, but I am re-doing week one, because I was kicked out of keitosis due to some wine last week and eating out. But my dr agreed, I made the best choices for what I was offered.

I went to the movies with my family today, and ate a chicken wrap. Since we were sitting in the dark, I couldn't pick off all of the wrap. First of all, this is a problem due to the fact that I'm gluten-intolerant. Second, the CARBS!

BUT a victory, I did stop when I was full, and did not eat anymore, even though everything was so yummy!

The whole reason I started MWL was 1. I have some pounds to lose and I've tried everything. 2. I found out I am gluten-intolerant and I was having a really hard time cutting gluten out. --- so having a dr help me cut carbs out and then when I can add minimal carbs back in, they can be "safe" ones. 3. I need this weekly weigh in.

-Ash
Ash ... first of all, welcome! You will find the people on this board to be so supportive and honest and that is what has gotten me through the past 3 months. However, just be warned. It isn't going to work if you are going to cheat. And they only person you are cheating is yourself.

Make everyone in your family understand that you just can't eat what they are eating. I don't mean to sound harsh at all. This is a supportive forum... but you can't call it a victory that you stopped eating the stuff you aren't supposed to eat because you were full. It is a victory when you follow the plan despite the pressures to succumb and eat what everyone else is eating. Next time you go to the movies try bringing in your own little snack. I always bring in a little bag of almonds to satisfy my "movie munchies".

I've been in numerous situations where I was the only one without a glass of wine in my hands. People teased me as I drank my water while they drank their wine but I always woke up the next morning with a smile on my face because I knew I stuck it through.

You will have times that you make a mistake... we are all human. But seriously, be true to yourself and stick to the plan. You will see the best results that way and it will shorten the amount of time you spend in the Acute Phase. Nothing but hugs your way, Sweetie!!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:05 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-st View Post

-Ash

Ash,

It can be so hard when you have family and friends not understanding you new way of eating. Hang in there and, I can say Iam not an expert but there have been some nights I just go to bed early to stay clear of trouble. We are all here to support eachother. I post in the energy in and energy out thread and have gotten some great support and ideas for meals there. Welcome again.
Cathy
Old 06-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats Jodi, just in time for the holiday weekend to enjoy a cold beer! Enjoy.

Cathy
Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Awesome victories~

Jodi that's so fantastic that you reached your goal, and INSPIRING!
I'm at a plateau, I think. I've been hanging around 170 for about a month now. I still haven't been able to settle into a normal routine since starting my new job. My new schedule conflicts with my MEDI appointment routine I had established. But, I remain optimistic that I will reach my goal BEFORE the end of 2011!
Welcome back Cheftrish. We missed you!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
I haven't posted in awhile - just checking in. Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and making progress. I, too, am still plugging away - 71 lbs. gone since Feb. 22, 2011. Medi is the one that works!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
I haven't posted in awhile - just checking in. Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and making progress. I, too, am still plugging away - 71 lbs. gone since Feb. 22, 2011. Medi is the one that works!
GOOD for you!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

I MAY be getting a little more of an incentive to get more weight off (besides the cruise we're going on over Thanksgiving) DD and her long time BF are "looking at rings"........WOO HOO I MAY get her married off yet!

Loving the rain we're finally getting! Hoping it helps with all the wild fires buring in Florida/Ga

Keep up the GREAT work everyone, and keep posting....it's what gives us all a little boost!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel and Mary - (Two of my favorites! ) Keep plugging away...you've been so inspirational and you are doing g-r-e-a-t!!

Sue (Peagle) - good to hear from you again! And congratulations of your WONDERFUL weight loss...71 lbs in a little over 4 months....phenomenol!! Woo Hoo!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-29-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:

I am so happy for you! You have been such a ray of sunshine and so supportive to everyone. Enjoy that beer and I hope you'll keep posting here!
Closed Thread