Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
OK, all you night time eaters. Let's make a pact to log into LCF when we are feeling the craving to eat something after dinner. If we shift our focus maybe that will work. It worked for me tonight!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Agreed Jodi! I do it too, but sometimes find myself stalking the food recipe threads lol
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebs View Post
Agreed Jodi! I do it too, but sometimes find myself stalking the food recipe threads lol
Oh no!! We should create a thread called "I feel like total crap when I eat at night!" and everyone can write about how sick they felt afterwards!!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Hi Debbie,

I sent you a PM.

Betty
Betty and Mary,
THANKS for the PM and contact info!! I emailed you back!
Blessings,
Debbie
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Love the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
OK, all you night time eaters. Let's make a pact to log into LCF when we are feeling the craving to eat something after dinner. If we shift our focus maybe that will work. It worked for me tonight!
Jodi, what a great idea !!! I have been having the same problem like most here with that darn night time feeling of needing or wanting just a little something. I have not given in but, boy it is hard. We will just have to remember our friends here who are feeling the same. We all can do this with some solid support. Have a good day
Cathy
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Honestly, I do still get hungry sometimes at night. A couple of nights last week I just went to bed early to avoid eating anything more. A couple of years ago I saw on Oprah that if you do nothing to change your diet except stop eating at a set time, say 7:30, you will lose weight. After dinner I clean up, turn off the lights an shut down kitchen for the night. I wish I were the kind of person who could just have a little something with my tea at night, but once I start...well, I just keep going!
When I was getting "hungry" after dinner........I'd take my book, or Sudoku puzzels, glass of water (or maybe a bottle of diet flavored water, if I wanted something sweet) and take a bath untill the "hunger" passed........I figured being naked in the tub, would keep me out of the kitchen! :blush:
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/20/2011
I have been drinking Vitamin Water Zero as my "electrolytes" for the day -- just one 20oz bottle daily. I have leg cramps today, and had arm cramps yesterday -- maybe it's unrelated to the MWL diet? Hm... Or does anybody have any suggestions for a higher-potassium 0-cal 0-carb option?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Mrs. Palombi- try a can of fat free broth. Sometimes you need sodium and this fits the bill nicely
Old 06-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Hello all,
I'm back! It has been a crazy 2 months but I started week one yesterday and I am recommitted. I have AS left for 22 days of on my own then I will reevaluate and see if I need to spend the money to hold me accountable. I need to get to goal and figure out maintenance.

I fell of the wagon hard in the beginning of April when we decided to try to get pregnant with #3. I knew I didn't want to be on the AS and didn't feel comfortable staying in ketosis. Well, lets just say it didn't take long. Once the prego hormones and nausea kicked in, there was nothing low carb about my diet though that was my intention going in. I gained 10-12 lbs in one month only to find out that the pregnancy wasn't viable. I had a D&E last week and spend the next week shoving food in my face to feel better. Yes, I did eat an entire 1400 calorie Ben and Jerrys at one sitting.

My D&E took place the day before I graduated with my Master's degree which I have been working on for 3 1/2 years. To say it was an emotional roller coaster would be an understatement.

So... here I am. I have more time and less stress now that I am finished school. I have been getting back in the swing of the gym over the past few weeks and I am finally getting some muscle tone back. I really hate the way these 12 lbs feel and none of my size 10's that I bought over the past year fit.

It's so good to see familiar faces here and meet some of the newbies. This is a great program and this board has been super supportive.
Erica
Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/20/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Hello all,
I'm back! It has been a crazy 2 months but I started week one yesterday and I am recommitted. I have AS left for 22 days of on my own then I will reevaluate and see if I need to spend the money to hold me accountable. I need to get to goal and figure out maintenance.

I fell of the wagon hard in the beginning of April when we decided to try to get pregnant with #3. I knew I didn't want to be on the AS and didn't feel comfortable staying in ketosis. Well, lets just say it didn't take long. Once the prego hormones and nausea kicked in, there was nothing low carb about my diet though that was my intention going in. I gained 10-12 lbs in one month only to find out that the pregnancy wasn't viable. I had a D&E last week and spend the next week shoving food in my face to feel better. Yes, I did eat an entire 1400 calorie Ben and Jerrys at one sitting.

My D&E took place the day before I graduated with my Master's degree which I have been working on for 3 1/2 years. To say it was an emotional roller coaster would be an understatement.

So... here I am. I have more time and less stress now that I am finished school. I have been getting back in the swing of the gym over the past few weeks and I am finally getting some muscle tone back. I really hate the way these 12 lbs feel and none of my size 10's that I bought over the past year fit.

It's so good to see familiar faces here and meet some of the newbies. This is a great program and this board has been super supportive.
Erica
First off -- I hate what you've had to endure these past couple of months, and I'm so sorry that things seem to ALWAYS snowball that way; everything all at once!! Although I can't say I've been through that particular scenario, I definitely understand the snowballing effect... and it makes it HARD as heck on us mentally & emotionally... which of course affects our weight or weight loss endeavors!

Secondly -- Welcome back!! I'm one of those newbies, and I'm proud of it! But I'm glad to "meetcha" I'll be hanging on your ever word, learning all I can from you, if you don't mind :-p
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all,

Erica
Erica, so sorry to hear about this. Don't feel guilty about indulging, you are allowed! Congratulations on the Master's degree. I know it must have been bittersweet. Keep smiling and know that we are here for you!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPalombi View Post
I have been drinking Vitamin Water Zero as my "electrolytes" for the day -- just one 20oz bottle daily. I have leg cramps today, and had arm cramps yesterday -- maybe it's unrelated to the MWL diet? Hm... Or does anybody have any suggestions for a higher-potassium 0-cal 0-carb option?
Mrs. P -- I get BAD leg craps. I started drinking 32 oz of Poweraid Zero but I still get them. It has to be related.

I just started drinking the Atkins Advantage shakes which have 790mg of potassium and that has helped a great deal. Plus it is a great protein source. Apparently the different flavors have different levels of potassium so check that if you chose to go that route.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amayrial
Stats: 271/263/140
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/7/11
Hi everyone!

I have been having a TERRIBLE time ... I was great, until my world came crashing down. My daughter graduated from high school, and then eloped, and I went on a trip to Hawaii. I only lost 1.2 pounds over the two weeks I was not at the clinic. Since I've been back this week, I've had the bloody hardest time sticking to any where NEAR 500 calories and getting back into Ketosis. My focus is shot to heck. And now I feel like I'm whining to boot. I guess I need to buckle down and just start over again. I just hate sitting down with the doctor and having her say so.. whats going on that your not losing weight? Makes me feel like such a looser and not in a good way.

Forgive the whine. I'm just trying to keep the hand to mouth disease down right now.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Joy

Down 1 pound more Now at 146, just wanted to share this with this group of wonderful people. I know some of you are at a low and some at a high, but know we are all here trying to support and get eachother through
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Down 1 pound more Now at 146, just wanted to share this with this group of wonderful people. I know some of you are at a low and some at a high, but know we are all here trying to support and get eachother through

Congratulations! I suggest you change your middle number to 146 so Newbies (and others) can be encouraged! Sometimes I look at the other MWL/LCF's starting number, compare to their current number, and get excited to see how close they are to goal....then look at the date they started and WOW that's encouraging, cuz MWL IS the ONE THAT WORKS! And, thanks for all your support of everyone. It takes alot of encouragement from those that we trust to make this lifestyle change, especially when we are assaulted with commercials, family/friends/coworkers carb indulgences, and our own self sabotage s! Keep with it, you are doing great!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello all,

Erica
Hi Erica!!

I've missed you!! So glad that you are checking in here with us, we are here for you friend! I agree with the note above: don't be hard on yourself for the 10-12 lbs...you had a lot going on and were looking forward to safely be pregnant. I'm sorry that didn't work out at this time, so difficult I'm sure You caught yourself in time and didn't go back up the scale so far that it seems overwhelming. I too went up and I'm heading back down, so I know that frustration of feeling frustrated to have to start at acute phase again . What a blessing that we both have the time (this summer) to be away from grad school and able to focus on ourselves for a change. CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your Masters!!! I'm jealous! This will be me in January! I KNOW you are jumping up and down in light of that freedom! So does that change where you will be working or what you plan to do?

It's SO great to have you back here Erica!! I hope you check in with us frequently!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayrial View Post
Hi everyone!

I have been having a TERRIBLE time ... I was great, until my world came crashing down. My daughter graduated from high school, and then eloped, and I went on a trip to Hawaii. I only lost 1.2 pounds over the two weeks I was not at the clinic. Since I've been back this week, I've had the bloody hardest time sticking to any where NEAR 500 calories and getting back into Ketosis. My focus is shot to heck. And now I feel like I'm whining to boot. I guess I need to buckle down and just start over again. I just hate sitting down with the doctor and having her say so.. whats going on that your not losing weight? Makes me feel like such a looser and not in a good way.

Forgive the whine. I'm just trying to keep the hand to mouth disease down right now.
Don't kick yourself for being human! Besides you LOST weight. You didn't gain it. You aren't a loser and don't be afraid of anyone judging you.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Deb- It's good to be back. I feel refreshed about medi. As for school, it doesn't feel real that I am finished. I think once I pass boards and start working as an NP, it will sink in. I will be keeping my weekend L&D job until January and working part time (3 days/week) as an NP with a newly solo OB/Gyn. I'm very excited!

Day 3, at a few more calories than I wanted to but I did do more exercise than one is supposed to during week 1.

My scale is down 6lbs already! Woohoo!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Congratulations! I suggest you change your middle number to 146 so Newbies (and others) can be encouraged! Sometimes I look at the other MWL/LCF's starting number, compare to their current number, and get excited to see how close they are to goal....then look at the date they started and WOW that's encouraging, cuz MWL IS the ONE THAT WORKS! And, thanks for all your support of everyone. It takes alot of encouragement from those that we trust to make this lifestyle change, especially when we are assaulted with commercials, family/friends/coworkers carb indulgences, and our own self sabotage s! Keep with it, you are doing great!!
Deb,
Thanks for that! I did change my numbers, even my goal. I wanted 125 but, I want to keep it a real goal. So here we go. I hope you are doing well with your goal. Thanks again. Lets keep the support going.
Cathy
Old 06-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'm FINALLY am in ketosis (very small) again............I haven't checked for a very long time, because I was pretty sure I wasn't, but I've added more consistant exercise (weight training as well as running) and have increased my calories (fat) a little. My weight this week is unchanged but some of that may be due directly to the weight training (muscles hold fluid while building size/strength).

I'm going to drive up to Jacksonville (3 hr) today and will spend tomorrow with DD. I just need to make sure I drink my water.......that's the hardest part for me when I travel

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 06-24-2011 at 07:02 AM..
Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I'm FINALLY am in ketosis (very small) again............I haven't checked for a very long time, because I was pretty sure I wasn't, but I've added more consistant exercise (weight training as well as running) and have increased my calories (fat) a little. My weight this week is unchanged but some of that may be due directly to the weight training (muscles hold fluid while building size/strength).

I'm going to drive up to Jacksonville (3 hr) today and will spend tomorrow with DD. I just need to make sure I drink my water.......that's the hardest part for me when I travel
I drove to S.C. (8 hours) and it took me 9 because I had to keep stopping to go! My daughter kept saying "Mommmm, again?"

Congrats on the ketosis!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Deb- It's good to be back. I feel refreshed about medi. As for school, it doesn't feel real that I am finished. I think once I pass boards and start working as an NP, it will sink in. I will be keeping my weekend L&D job until January and working part time (3 days/week) as an NP with a newly solo OB/Gyn. I'm very excited!

Day 3, at a few more calories than I wanted to but I did do more exercise than one is supposed to during week 1.

Woohoo!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Congrats on ketosis Mary but you were losing anyway.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Doin' the Happy Dance!!!!!

WOO HOO... doing the Happy Dance!!! I made GOAL this morning!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 125caldance.gif (28.4 KB, 72 views)
Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
sherri, that is fantastic.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Congratulations on your MANY successes! Woo Hoo!! I am so ready to have the Fall 2011 semester finished! It's going to be a buggar!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
WOO HOO... doing the Happy Dance!!! I made GOAL this morning!!!!

Yea. Congrats to you. Hope you keep posting letting us know how it is to mantain. The more we learn the better or at least, I know I need all the help I can get. I look at your date Jan2011 start and here we are in June, did you exercise along with your eating change???
Enjoy and be proud.

Cathy
Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi folks,

Just checking in. It has been a long time since I've been on, but life has dealt my family a series of challenges. I am finally in therapy after a serious injury I sustained to my right wrist which resulted in 3 surgeries and 3 months in a cast. My father-in-law is in the end stages of cancer. My father had a massive stroke last week and my mother has Alzheimers. I have wonderful in-laws and parents and I have been blessed to have them around for so long. Up until 2 weeks ago my father was going strong at 85. I know this stage with my parents is inevitable, but it is hard just the same. I will keep moving forward and I refuse to give up or give in.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Hi folks,

Just checking in. It has been a long time since I've been on, but life has dealt my family a series of challenges. I am finally in therapy after a serious injury I sustained to my right wrist which resulted in 3 surgeries and 3 months in a cast. My father-in-law is in the end stages of cancer. My father had a massive stroke last week and my mother has Alzheimers. I have wonderful in-laws and parents and I have been blessed to have them around for so long. Up until 2 weeks ago my father was going strong at 85. I know this stage with my parents is inevitable, but it is hard just the same. I will keep moving forward and I refuse to give up or give in.
Susie,
I just read this and I truly want you to know that you are a truly strong person. I take care of my mom who also has Alzheimers and it is a total role reversal and Iam glad to be able to be there for her and my dad is 82 and who also hope and pray for him to continue with good health. Your in-laws again blessed to have them be a wonderful part of your life and you with 3 surgeries and have such a strong determination to keep on moving forward. God Bless you and your family. I can say you too have been someone I have followed and read some of your threads for help with medi and you have and continue to be. I love alot of the recipes you have posted, along with advice about exercise so Iam glad you are still here! I look forward to having you back to keep us posted. I will be thinking of you in my prayers. I always say keep on keeping on.

Cathy
Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Hi folks,

Susie - SO good to hear from you again and yet not good to hear your news. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!
Closed Thread