Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Betty and Mary,

Thank you so much for the warm words. I will call my Medi on Monday (I promise!)
When you give people the ammunition they've been waiting for, they take full advantage; "I knew that diet was dangerous" and of course "I told you so". (It's hard to hide an ER visit from the world lol)
You're both right, that the bigger picture is about a healthier self, inside and out.
I was running around work today (I work in retail and am on my feet 10+ hrs a day) and something hit me...I started Medi due to a culmination of things...my dad being diagnosed with Diabetes, watching my boyfriend (and me) grow faster than a weed, and among other things, the constant pain from Plantar Fasciiatis. When the pain first started a year ago, I read the number one way to ease the pain was to lose weight...and that not much else could be done. Here I was walking today in practically a limp from my pain and it hit me--THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY ME STOPPING THIS DIET IS FAR WORSE. And it's much more than a pain in my heel. No, I don't think I've gained the 25 lbs back in a week, but I do think it happened for a reason.

I am still frustrated--because I seem to be the only person with this type of reaction, because I went 6 weeks with not 1 piece of junk in my body and was truly proud, because I want to continue this, but don't know how, because I hate pity-partys more than anything, and now I'm the host!

Thank you again for the support ladies, it seems unless you are in the company of someone who had struggled with weight loss they just don't "get it". It's more than a physical change, the emotional change that comes along with the journey is greater than the dress sizes you drop.

I will end with this "If you really want to find a way to do something you will. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -J.R.
No more excuses...
Please let us know what they tell you today! We are all thinking about you.
Jodi A is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 283
Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Has anyone else been waching the 'The Hungry Girl' on the Food Network? I've checked out the website before but I am really enjoying the show. Some of the tips are more Medi compliant than others but I like alot of her ideas. Now I just have to try some.
I am and I love it! I got on just before the new season started and I now record it.
Determined Gemini is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 68
Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello! Hope all is going well.
sally1 is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
back in the saddle

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Well, I decided to suck it up and go back for an official weigh in tomorrow. It's been a long time, but I just want to get to goal and find out about how to do maintenance. In the past when I lost weight I always fizzle out before reaching the end. This time I want to see it through and follow the process for reintroducing carbs. On my scale I am down a pound from my last official weigh-in, so we'll see. No after dinner snacks for me tonight!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 272
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi all

Hey fellow MEDI troops! For the most part, it seems like June is turning out to be a rewarding month for most. I know these past 4 weeks have been jammed-packed, super-duper crazy busy for me!
I am still following my MEDI way of life. I have not had much luck with the weight loss on my own for the past 3 weeks. I HAVE NOT GAINED ANY but have only managed to see 171 on the scale intermittently. I also just stopped taking my birth control pills, after seeing all of the awful press regarding YAZ (which is what I was taking).
I do have to admit that I have enjoyed feeling like I'm on maintenace
I haven't been counting, measuring, and I know that I have been eating too many calories/carbs of my MEDI approved foods for the ACUTE phase of the program. Of the 2 weddings I have been to, I have not had 1 BITE of cake, 1 sip of punch, 1 cracker, 1 piece of pasta... SO I am elated with my stick-to-it capabilities! I was even out of town, all by myself last week for work, and I didn't even cheat, eventhough I was super scared because there would be no witnesses to any of my bad behaviors! So I'm giving myself a HUGE pat on the back! I will confess that I have indulged in a few of the Bryer's carbsmart ice cream bars (only 1/day), on some of these super hot days we've had here in RVA.
During the summer, it's so easy to just do as you please with all the trips to the amusement parks, outings with friends, weddings, etc... I will say that over this last week I have noticed a huge drop in my energy level. My husband has noticed it as well, and said for me to stop worrying about the $$$$ and just go back to clinic to get my injections, and support So I have an appointment scheduled for Friday
I'm contributing my decreased energy level to lack of exercise, new job which is primarily sedentary thus far, no injections, too many carbs, and abruptly discontinuing my birth control. These are solely my theories, so I will have to wait and see if getting back on the ACUTE phase fixes me :blush: And I plan to return to my exercise routine, guess I will have to renew my membership!
I wanted to share my story to say this, MEDI does work. I have not been starved, deprived, or in any situation where I wasn't able to eat. I can see that maintenance does work, as long as you choose not to return to old habits, pasta, cookies, chips, and all of those other things that keep you fat and tired As mentioned earlier, I haven't been diligent about counting, measuring; however, I have still lost (although slowly), and most importantly not GAINED. I really can not emphasize the importance of drinking enough water. The days that I have felt the most tired equate with the days that I have not drank enough of mother nature's life sustaining beverage I also recommend to keep tabs on caffeine intake, my decreased energy also seems to coincide with too many diet/caffeinated beverages!
I hope this was helpful, and I feel more motivated already. I love this board it is absolutely priceless, and such a valuable asset when used daily
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 06-15-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
It's GREAT hearing from you Rachel Wedding cake (not just ANY cake, but Wedding cake specifically) is my weaknesses.....I'm not sure I could pass it up UNLESS I had LOTS of weddings to attend, and could convince myself I could sample the "next" one! WTG

I heard that one of the gyms across town is running a special where you can join without paying for a big contract, and only pay a tiny amount monthly. I think I'll check into it today, since it's so blasted H-O-T here, and will be until October or November I would like to see if I could run on a treadmill. I did W6D2 of C25K (again) today, since there was a nice ocean breeze, and it was hazy when we went out. It's ONLY supposed to be 91 today!

I'm trying some new recipes using Glucomannan Powder (the same thing Miracle Noodles are made of) I'll keep you all posted
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hope everyone is having a great week!

Well, I decided to suck it up and go back for an official weigh in tomorrow. It's been a long time, but I just want to get to goal and find out about how to do maintenance. In the past when I lost weight I always fizzle out before reaching the end. This time I want to see it through and follow the process for reintroducing carbs. On my scale I am down a pound from my last official weigh-in, so we'll see. No after dinner snacks for me tonight!

Barb
Like you Barb I have also always fizzled before reaching goal. I'm heading down that same path now. I need to pick myself up and get back on track. So, much stress these past few weeks have caused me so much sorrow. I want to turn to my old comfort foods but thank God I have not but it has been so hard. I'm going to get back to the clinic and back on acute because i really want to reach goal.

Lets continue to encourage each other because it's needed. Keep it up and good luck on getting to where you want to be.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Happy to see you back. You can do this. You have come to far and you're too close to give up. Good luck
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Like you Barb I have also always fizzled before reaching goal. I'm heading down that same path now. I need to pick myself up and get back on track. So, much stress these past few weeks have caused me so much sorrow. I want to turn to my old comfort foods but thank God I have not but it has been so hard. I'm going to get back to the clinic and back on acute because i really want to reach goal.

Lets continue to encourage each other because it's needed. Keep it up and good luck on getting to where you want to be.
Betty, One of the BIGGEST things for you to keep telling yourself (IMHO) is that YOU, are in control.....FOOD is no longer in control.....Food is no longer an enemy....it's ONLY there to nourish you. Don't give your POWER away to a negative message in your head! YOU are a strong woman, and can (and will) deal with whatever is thrown at you. You don't need unhealthy food to "make you feel better"! You have proven THAT to yourself already by NOT giving in to those old urges.....You're AWESOME, and I hope you start TELLING yourself how great, and strong you are! SHUT out those negative thoughts that tell you, that you NEED junk to eat.....you DON'T! Keep up the good work, and we're here for you at any time!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Betty, One of the BIGGEST things for you to keep telling yourself (IMHO) is that YOU, are in control.....FOOD is no longer in control.....Food is no longer an enemy....it's ONLY there to nourish you. Don't give your POWER away to a negative message in your head! YOU are a strong woman, and can (and will) deal with whatever is thrown at you. You don't need unhealthy food to "make you feel better"! You have proven THAT to yourself already by NOT giving in to those old urges.....You're AWESOME, and I hope you start TELLING yourself how great, and strong you are! SHUT out those negative thoughts that tell you, that you NEED junk to eat.....you DON'T! Keep up the good work, and we're here for you at any time!
Thanks so much Mary. I think that you are the greatest because I see your tenacity and it shines oh so brightly. You are correct that I don't need the bad food because in the end eating it would make me feel even worst. Your words are greatly appreciated. Have a fantastic weekend.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
I've been having a rash on my arms and legs for the past 6 weeks. I spoke with my Medi Dr. about it and he said it doesn't look like the rashes he has ever seen which are reactions to the Fat Burner or B12 shots so he recommended I go see a dermatologist. I went yesterday and told her all about the plan and she didn't think it was related which was a huge relief because I was afraid she was going to tell me to stop doing it for a while. They biopsied a piece of it and I should know in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime she gave me a steriod cream to apply to it and some antihistamines to take at night since it is more itchy in the morning. The good news is that it didn't itch this morning but the bad news is I AM OUT OF KETOSIS!! I have been at the moderate level since I started. I haven't changed by food intake at all so it has to be the antihistamine. Needless to say that I am not taking it again. I'll just stick with the topical cream.

Has anyone else had a similar situation with any medications? I'm wondering if I should go no fruit and veggies for a couple of days. I am way too close to Maintenance for this!!!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member
 
dodgern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Matthews,NC
Posts: 217
Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Jodi.....

Just a thought...have you been putting suntan lotion on??? Especially in the last 6 weeks???
My hubby has developed a reaction to suntan lotion that has PABA in it!!!
Also,you're out of ketosis probably due to the steroid cream!!Steroids can do that to people sometimes. I wouldn't stop anything that is making you more comfortable
I am an RN so these are my thoughts...hope it helps!!!

By the way...you're doing awesomely well on this program!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!


cindy
dodgern is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hi Jodi.....

Just a thought...have you been putting suntan lotion on??? Especially in the last 6 weeks???
My hubby has developed a reaction to suntan lotion that has PABA in it!!!
Also,you're out of ketosis probably due to the steroid cream!!Steroids can do that to people sometimes. I wouldn't stop anything that is making you more comfortable
I am an RN so these are my thoughts...hope it helps!!!

By the way...you're doing awesomely well on this program!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!


cindy
Cindy... thanks! Really, the steriod cream? I wouldn't think it would make a difference because isn't going in your body just on it! Thanks for that feedback!! I have been applying sunscreen and quite often since I live in Florida.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Cindy... thanks! Really, the steriod cream? I wouldn't think it would make a difference because isn't going in your body just on it! Thanks for that feedback!! I have been applying sunscreen and quite often since I live in Florida.
I agree with Cindy 100% on BOTH ideas. My DD is VERY allergic to many brands of Sunscreen (also living in FL). As far as the steroid cream goes.....your skin does a GREAT job of absorbing the medication into your body!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Today was the first day using my NEW membership at a gym. ($20 to join, and $10/mo, with NO contract) It has just gotten too blasted H-O-T here to run outside.....even going out early....which I'm not fond of doing many days

I did Week 6 Day 3 of C25K on the treadmill and I have to say it was a SNAP!! I'm sure having the TVs in front of me (all though I didn't have my ear buds plaugged in to hear any of them, but listened to my own music, and C25K instead) and all the people around gave me a lot more distractions too. Tomorrow we plan on working out on the machines.

After we got home and had lunch I got in the pool and did about 30-45 minutes there...........I'm so glad the pool is finally warm enough for ME to get in, and not freeze!

We got salads at Subway today for lunch. I had forgotten that they will make any sandwich into a salad for $5.00. I had the turkey. I ate about 1/2 of the lettuce, but all the rest of the veggies, and turkey, and it was wonderful.....I won't forget that little treat again!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member
 
dodgern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Matthews,NC
Posts: 217
Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Jodi....

My hubby is a type 2 diabetic and he takes a zyrtec equivalent (generic) that doesn't affect his blood sugar...helps with his allergies a lot!!

We use neutragena sunscreen that is PABA-free but there may be more out there. Just look for PABA free on the label!!!!

Glad I could assist you


cindy
dodgern is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1
Gallery: cedixon0
Stats: 269.6/224.4/180
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/21/10 through January 2011 - restart 5/20/11
So, I've never posted before, but I don't have a lot of people to talk to about my weight loss journey, so I thought I would share with you guys, since I know you all understand.

I've lost almost 40 pounds . . . and although I know it's made a huge difference (i.e. going from a tight size 24 to a too big size 20, etc), I've never been able to *see* it. I can in pictures, I can see that my face is thinner, and I know my clothes are not as tight . . . but I guess I've been so big for so long that I just didn't see a difference. Of course, looking back at pictures of myself from a year ago, I also didn't see how big I was, but that's a different issue.

This morning, for the very first time, I was able to look at myself and *SEE* the changes that these (almost) 40 pounds have made. It was . . . well, it was amazing. I've really been struggling since I restarted the program a month ago. I haven't been able to break 230 this time or the last time I was on the program, and I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to do it. I just didn't have the motivation. But seeing myself, how I am now, really seeing it . . . well, today I have felt like I could take on the world!!!!

I just wanted to share that in case there are others out there who are struggling to find motivation. There is a difference in all of us. We may not see it, we may not see how much of a difference . . . but one day, you're gonna look in that mirror and just think "Wow. That's the *new* me!" It's worth it.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by cedixon0; 06-18-2011 at 04:41 PM..
cedixon0 is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
after dinner snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hope everyone is having a great week!

Well, I decided to suck it up and go back for an official weigh in tomorrow. It's been a long time, but I just want to get to goal and find out about how to do maintenance. In the past when I lost weight I always fizzle out before reaching the end. This time I want to see it through and follow the process for reintroducing carbs. On my scale I am down a pound from my last official weigh-in, so we'll see. No after dinner snacks for me tonight!

Barb
Hi Barb,
I hope your weigh in went well. I know you are way ahead of me in getting into maintenance. But hope you can help. Do you think after dinner snacks make it slower going on losing weight? I have been posting daily on the energy in and energy out thread and I always think I might be overdoing it, with the night time 1/2 cup greek yogart and sometimes almonds. Just wondering if cutting those out would help or moving them to the mid- afternoon. I get in between 500-600 cals a day w/ jillian michaels shred as exercise daily and do drink all my water.

thanks Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hi Jodi....

My hubby is a type 2 diabetic and he takes a zyrtec equivalent (generic) that doesn't affect his blood sugar...helps with his allergies a lot!!

We use neutragena sunscreen that is PABA-free but there may be more out there. Just look for PABA free on the label!!!!

Glad I could assist you


cindy
I'm going shopping for a PABA-free sunscreen today. I am back in ketosis so I am a happy camper. I didn't use the steriod cream or antihistamine yesterday so it must have been one of them. The antihistamine she prescribed made me feel so cloudy headed that I don't want to take it for that reason alone. Thanks for all your help!!!!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member
 
secret_smile85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 31
Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
I weighed in on Friday again. I was down 3 lbs, and all 3 were fat!!! I've had a lot of emotional stuff going on this past week and a half so I'm trying to think before i eat. I have to go through okay am I hungry? no, okay then why do i want this? to calm me down, okay what else can I do to keep my mind busy? They switched the pills on me on Friday from phendametrizine to the phentermine, which so far I don't like, they don't seem to work at all. Somehow it seems I'm hungrier with taking that pill. I am working so hard, and with some of the things going on right now in my life i will get waves of "why bother, who really cares, i should just give up" even though I've been doing well, and I'm having to concentrate harder and harder to keep going. I think if things were going well in other areas I wouldn't have to concentrate so hard. Oh and for some stupid reason I thought weight would come off even quicker than it is. I still can't fit into my jeans that I could fit into before last pregnancy even though I'm at the same weight I was before my last pregnancy and that's just awful too. I know It took me 4 babies and 6 miscarriages to get where I am, and all in 4 years, so I know I shouldn't expect it to all just fall off, but I would like to be able to wear my shorts or my jeans from before my last one at least by now. So 4 weeks into medi- 15 lbs lighter, but mentally heavier than ever. I hope my head gets screwed on straight soon
secret_smile85 is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 14
Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/20/2011
Don't think that way, Secret_Smile!

I care! I'm sure your little ones care! You sure do care, don't lie to yourself
Just imagine how WONDERFUL you will feel when you hit that goal, girl, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Those of us with hormonal weight gain (that's what I call it -- when you've put on weight due to pregnancy/miscarriage/menopause/hysterectomy/other hormone-related illnesses or surgeries or syndromes) have it a little harder than others, I think. The way I see it, the weight got on a little differently -- it wasn't JUST food and lack of exercise, it was helped along by crazy-body-chemical-science-evil! Ha ha. That's my way of thinking of it. So, sometimes, your body tends to work against you. We weren't meant to lose weight, we are meant to survive, so our bodies don't know what we're doing when we try to lose weight sometimes. Especially women's bodies!

First and foremost, you have gotta pull yourself out of this slump. I know it's hard, and I can't say 100% that I know exactly what you're going through -- but I know you're going through hard times and really having a rough go of it lately. So, lean on the boards for support. Vent, talk, ask questions, let it out! But don't undo what you've done -- I want you to get into those awesome skinny jeans, and I KNOW you do too!
MrsPalombi is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Hi Barb,
I hope your weigh in went well. I know you are way ahead of me in getting into maintenance. But hope you can help. Do you think after dinner snacks make it slower going on losing weight? I have been posting daily on the energy in and energy out thread and I always think I might be overdoing it, with the night time 1/2 cup greek yogart and sometimes almonds. Just wondering if cutting those out would help or moving them to the mid- afternoon. I get in between 500-600 cals a day w/ jillian michaels shred as exercise daily and do drink all my water.

thanks Cathy
Hi Cathy,

It went ok, I was down more than 3 pounds from my last official weigh in, so I can deal with that. For me, eating at night was a problem, so I just cut it out completely. I only have tea or decaf coffee after dinner. I figured if I use the calories earlier in the day I have more time to burn them off. Not sure if there is really anything to that, but that's just the way I did it. Maybe you could try shifting the calories to earlier in the day and see if you notice a difference? I love the shred workouts! Good luck and let me know how things go.

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 34
Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Soooo proud of ME! (did I say that?)

When I started the program 4/11/11 I was wearing a size 16. Yes, 16 as in the Plus section. Well, this weekend I went shopping and you will not guess where I got my clothes...go head...guess...well I'll tell you...the JUNIORS department!!!!!!! I am wearing a large in Juniors, but it's still Juniors and I'm in my mid thirties!! I was even able to wear junior dresses and jeans!

If you are feeling depressed or like you want to give up...DON'T! You can do it! If I can do it with advanced metabolic Polycystic ovarian syndrome then you can do it too!!

I feel soooo sexy now!!
butterflytrg is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hi Cathy,

It went ok, I was down more than 3 pounds from my last official weigh in, so I can deal with that. For me, eating at night was a problem, so I just cut it out completely. I only have tea or decaf coffee after dinner. I figured if I use the calories earlier in the day I have more time to burn them off. Not sure if there is really anything to that, but that's just the way I did it. Maybe you could try shifting the calories to earlier in the day and see if you notice a difference? I love the shred workouts! Good luck and let me know how things go.

Barb
Barb, Great news on 3 pounds gone! I like the idea of cutting out the after dinner snack and moving up earlier. I will give it go and keep you posted. Shred level 3 is what I have moved into since yesterday(14 days total) and I do love it, too! I just haven't really figured what Iam really burning for calories so, I just say about 170 per workout and I do not add it into my daily account of calories. I have been going down 1 pound per week. Hope this level can bring it to maybe 2. We will see.
Thanks,
Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPalombi View Post
Don't think that way, Secret_Smile!

I care! I'm sure your little ones care! You sure do care, don't lie to yourself
Just imagine how WONDERFUL you will feel when you hit that goal, girl, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Those of us with hormonal weight gain (that's what I call it -- when you've put on weight due to pregnancy/miscarriage/menopause/hysterectomy/other hormone-related illnesses or surgeries or syndromes) have it a little harder than others, I think. The way I see it, the weight got on a little differently -- it wasn't JUST food and lack of exercise, it was helped along by crazy-body-chemical-science-evil! Ha ha. That's my way of thinking of it. So, sometimes, your body tends to work against you. We weren't meant to lose weight, we are meant to survive, so our bodies don't know what we're doing when we try to lose weight sometimes. Especially women's bodies!

First and foremost, you have gotta pull yourself out of this slump. I know it's hard, and I can't say 100% that I know exactly what you're going through -- but I know you're going through hard times and really having a rough go of it lately. So, lean on the boards for support. Vent, talk, ask questions, let it out! But don't undo what you've done -- I want you to get into those awesome skinny jeans, and I KNOW you do too!
I agree... mind over matter!!! You can do this.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_smile85 View Post
I weighed in on Friday again. I was down 3 lbs, and all 3 were fat!!! I've had a lot of emotional stuff going on this past week and a half so I'm trying to think before i eat. I have to go through okay am I hungry? no, okay then why do i want this? to calm me down, okay what else can I do to keep my mind busy? They switched the pills on me on Friday from phendametrizine to the phentermine, which so far I don't like, they don't seem to work at all. Somehow it seems I'm hungrier with taking that pill. I am working so hard, and with some of the things going on right now in my life i will get waves of "why bother, who really cares, i should just give up" even though I've been doing well, and I'm having to concentrate harder and harder to keep going. I think if things were going well in other areas I wouldn't have to concentrate so hard. Oh and for some stupid reason I thought weight would come off even quicker than it is. I still can't fit into my jeans that I could fit into before last pregnancy even though I'm at the same weight I was before my last pregnancy and that's just awful too. I know It took me 4 babies and 6 miscarriages to get where I am, and all in 4 years, so I know I shouldn't expect it to all just fall off, but I would like to be able to wear my shorts or my jeans from before my last one at least by now. So 4 weeks into medi- 15 lbs lighter, but mentally heavier than ever. I hope my head gets screwed on straight soon
Secret_smiles, I know how you are feelling because I too have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately. It's just not worth giving up. You've made accomplishments in your weight loss so please don't just give up on that.

Yes, we as women are a ball of emotions and they can cause all types of problems. If you are an emotional eater you look for comfort in food but search within yourself and find something else that would make you feel better. I have found talking to someone about something other than my situation really helps. When I'm overwhelmed with the problem I pick up the phone and call someone that I enjoy speaking to just put me in a different place. I also have been diligently reading a scripture every morning and that has also given me great amount comfort.

Get rid of those negative feelings because they will destroy you. Love yourself and be proud of what you have done and pray to God for the strength to work through the stress and to just say no to negative thinking. You can do this and we care.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hi Cathy,

It went ok, I was down more than 3 pounds from my last official weigh in, so I can deal with that. For me, eating at night was a problem, so I just cut it out completely. I only have tea or decaf coffee after dinner. I figured if I use the calories earlier in the day I have more time to burn them off. Not sure if there is really anything to that, but that's just the way I did it. Maybe you could try shifting the calories to earlier in the day and see if you notice a difference? I love the shred workouts! Good luck and let me know how things go.

Barb
I too have this problem with evening snacking/eating - that contributed into my struggle with maintenance during the past 6 months or so. I absolutely have to have a cup of tea with something. It is usually a Medi-friendly stuff but calories add up, I guess, and I cannot shed 10 or so pounds that I gained during my foot surgery recovery.

My problem is I get hungry. What do you do if you are hungry in the evening? Just a cup of tea would not cut?
irabeslim is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I too have this problem with evening snacking/eating - that contributed into my struggle with maintenance during the past 6 months or so. I absolutely have to have a cup of tea with something. It is usually a Medi-friendly stuff but calories add up, I guess, and I cannot shed 10 or so pounds that I gained during my foot surgery recovery.

My problem is I get hungry. What do you do if you are hungry in the evening? Just a cup of tea would not cut?
Honestly, I do still get hungry sometimes at night. A couple of nights last week I just went to bed early to avoid eating anything more. A couple of years ago I saw on Oprah that if you do nothing to change your diet except stop eating at a set time, say 7:30, you will lose weight. After dinner I clean up, turn off the lights an shut down kitchen for the night. I wish I were the kind of person who could just have a little something with my tea at night, but once I start...well, I just keep going!
barbwired is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Secret_smiles, I know how you are feelling because I too have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately. It's just not worth giving up. You've made accomplishments in your weight loss so please don't just give up on that.

Yes, we as women are a ball of emotions and they can cause all types of problems. If you are an emotional eater you look for comfort in food but search within yourself and find something else that would make you feel better. I have found talking to someone about something other than my situation really helps. When I'm overwhelmed with the problem I pick up the phone and call someone that I enjoy speaking to just put me in a different place. I also have been diligently reading a scripture every morning and that has also given me great amount comfort.

Get rid of those negative feelings because they will destroy you. Love yourself and be proud of what you have done and pray to God for the strength to work through the stress and to just say no to negative thinking. You can do this and we care.
Hi Betty,
I loved your response! Wish I had your phone # to call when times are tough this next 10 weeks prior to oldest DD's wedding, and losing 20 lbs!! I don't have anyone consistently in that role living around here. You could PM me your personal email address if you too would be interested in this and we could be accountabililty partners!
Mary, same with you!!
Thanks,
Debbie

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-21-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Hi Debbie,

I sent you a PM.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.