Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
So I haven't been around much this week...things have been crazy with concerts and school year nearing a close!! I wanted to congratulate MARY on her first 5k!! Go you!

I have been trying, still to get below 200, but my body won't give it up right now. I just did a 5k today. I haven't done a race since Nov so this was a big one for me, now being 20+ lbs lighter then I was back in Nov. I am proud to say that my goal was to be at least a minute faster than my best time prior to weight loss and ......I DID IT!!! Surprise too because the start of the race was crazy and crowded. I kept trying to run and find spots to break out.

I did the 5k in 31:15! My best time yet. Woohoo. All this and still weighing 200lbs...crazy! And...not having much carbs either.

I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow..after running the race this morning and then having a wedding to go to in the afternoon...I am beat. Goodnight all Medi-folk!
Kristine You are my HERO, and INSPIRATION all rolled into one!
Please tell me you are only 29 yr old (I got that from your name Kristine29) I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to run that fast I'm blaming it on being "older"
Mary T8M is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
So today was a pretty great day! I had been reading something a friend sent me yesterday, about that you should NOT say you are "losing weight" because your brain will continue to give you weight to lose. It was all about the two parts of our brains.......so instead you are supposed to say you are "releasing" your excess weight to get to your healthiest weight, so that signals your brain that you no longer need to hold onto weight for whatever reason.....I'm sure mine was fear.
I finally have come to grips that I've been afraid of failing at the new things I WOULD try IF I was at my healthiest weight.....so instead I have said right out loud that I'm no longer afraid to try new things because I MIGHT fail......AND I asked for help in only having positive things to say to myself. So today when I woke up I was actually excited to go run.....I told myself I CAN do anything I want to do, and sure enough my run today was EASY! I'm SO looking forward to running on Tuesday, because that's the day I WILL be victorious over the mental block I have about being able to run for 20 minutes!

On top of that I made a new yummy summer treat....I made popscicles out of my "doctored" coffee (SF Vanilla Coffee Mate, and Splenda) I bought the molds at Walmart for under $2.00

I've also been trying to use mainly food out of my freezer, and pantry. I then supplement with fresh fruits and veggies. I'm really doing great at that too. I made "my" version of chicken cacciatore (using only chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces) I used up the last of a few grape tomatoes that were starting to shrivel, a half of leftover onion, and green pepper, then put it all over the last of my Miracle Noodles (need to order more)!
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Kristine You are my HERO, and INSPIRATION all rolled into one!
Please tell me you are only 29 yr old (I got that from your name Kristine29) I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to run that fast I'm blaming it on being "older"
OH Mary...you are so sweet I am 34. 29 is my birthdate. and you will be able to get faster...it takes time. THe fast that you are actually excited about running is a great thing. Means you got the "bug"!

You CAN DO IT...and you ARE doing it. I was telling my boyfriend about you and how you would walk and then start running! That's how it all begins.
Keep up the great work! Sign up for another 5k...let me know

Last edited by Kristine29; 06-05-2011 at 07:01 PM..
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Mary: So true! A positive attitude works wonders.

Kristine: Great job!!

I don't know why but I am afraid to run. It's always hurt my knees so bad in the past. I walk a lot but I don't run. Maybe I should start with jogging on a treadmill??
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
OH Mary...you are so sweet I am 34. 29 is my birthdate. and you will be able to get faster...it takes time. THe fast that you are actually excited about running is a great thing. Means you got the "bug"!

You CAN DO IT...and you ARE doing it. I was telling my boyfriend about you and how you would walk and then start running! That's how it all begins.
Keep up the great work! Sign up for another 5k...let me know
I started looking for another 5K, and I got an email (guess I signed up for notification when I registered for the Beach Fest) It's also in Jacksonville, and it's RUN FOR THE PIES OMG that's what I need.... PIE! I think I'll pass on that one, mainly because it's on the 11th, and we already have plans, but also because I sure don't need the temptation of PIES!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Mary: So true! A positive attitude works wonders.

Kristine: Great job!!

I don't know why but I am afraid to run. It's always hurt my knees so bad in the past. I walk a lot but I don't run. Maybe I should start with jogging on a treadmill??
Jodi Do you have sore knees because of an injury? When I started running (after I'd been walking for months) my knees hurt so bad (behind the knee mainly, but I also had some swelling and pain around my knee) that I could barely WALK.....no exaggeration. I KNEW I had never injured my knees, and X-Rays a few years ago showed they are healthy, so I figured it was just that they weren't used to that movement. I wish now I would have gone to the chiropractor at that point, but I started doing some stretches and found out my IT Band, & Hamstrings are stiff. Once I started doing C25K, and started stretching AFTER the run (now I'm wishing I would have been stretching all along after each time I WALKED too) and then I went to the chiropractor, so everything together I can't believe how good my legs/knees feel!
I can't speak about a treadmill......wish I had one, so I wouldn't have to run in the Florida heat. I've never tried to run on a treadmill
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Jodi Do you have sore knees because of an injury? When I started running (after I'd been walking for months) my knees hurt so bad (behind the knee mainly, but I also had some swelling and pain around my knee) that I could barely WALK.....no exaggeration. I KNEW I had never injured my knees, and X-Rays a few years ago showed they are healthy, so I figured it was just that they weren't used to that movement. I wish now I would have gone to the chiropractor at that point, but I started doing some stretches and found out my IT Band, & Hamstrings are stiff. Once I started doing C25K, and started stretching AFTER the run (now I'm wishing I would have been stretching all along after each time I WALKED too) and then I went to the chiropractor, so everything together I can't believe how good my legs/knees feel!
I can't speak about a treadmill......wish I had one, so I wouldn't have to run in the Florida heat. I've never tried to run on a treadmill
Mary: I've never had an injury. Maybe it is the movement. I have an elliptical at home which is a life saver because as a single mom it's hard for me to get out to exercise some times. When I can't go do it I have the elliptical to fall back on. When I started using the elliptical one of my knees was sore but it is getting better the more I do it.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jodi A - You have had great weight loss success for only two months! I hope to re-lose my gained weight in about the same amount of time! Good job!!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Jodi A - You have had great weight loss success for only two months! I hope to re-lose my gained weight in about the same amount of time! Good job!!
Thanks! You can do it!!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member
 
secret_smile85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 31
Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
I forgot to post my weigh in results from last Thursday. I lost 5.8 lbs Almost all of it was fat!!!! My weigh in before that was awful, but I'm so glad I continued and this last weigh in just shows me what really staying true to the plan can do for you. I hope to keep continuing losing and staying true to the plan. I haven't noticed any changes in how things fit, but i'm only 9 lbs down from where I started. I'm also bloated from it being that awful time of the month, so that may be a part of it. I was afraid that I would have cravings and have a hard time like I normally do during this time but I haven't and that makes me feel pretty good too. You all are an inspiration.
secret_smile85 is offline  
Old 06-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_smile85 View Post
I forgot to post my weigh in results from last Thursday. I lost 5.8 lbs Almost all of it was fat!!!! My weigh in before that was awful, but I'm so glad I continued and this last weigh in just shows me what really staying true to the plan can do for you. I hope to keep continuing losing and staying true to the plan. I haven't noticed any changes in how things fit, but i'm only 9 lbs down from where I started. I'm also bloated from it being that awful time of the month, so that may be a part of it. I was afraid that I would have cravings and have a hard time like I normally do during this time but I haven't and that makes me feel pretty good too. You all are an inspiration.
Yeah! That is a great non-first week weigh in! Update your stats to reflect the 9 pounds you lost. I look forward to updating mine every week because it makes it feel more real to me.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Day three of week one eating and I'm already in small ketosis! WAHOOOOO!
Hi Lea, Just wanted to see how your eating week 1 went? I hope well.
I wanted to let you know I did weigh myself and Iam down 1 to 149
Haven't seen that number on the scale in 3 years, I hope to keep it going even if it is at a slow pace. I know you said slow and steady.
marverboston is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 68
Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
re-start week one

Hello Medi friends,

I have finished week one...again. My loss for the week is 9 lbs!!! I'm so happy with that. looking forward to week two. Only 8 lbs away from my medi lowest. Thanks to all you bloggers who help me (and others) stay motivated.

Drink up! (water)
Cheers
Sally
sally1 is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 127
Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Haven't posted in awhile but thrilled to come here and see how great everyone is doing! So much success!!!! I've been plugging away on my own, and so far, keeping the weight off! I walk every day and am pretty much still in Acute with my food plan. I have to admit I eat way more fruit than is allowed though, but I think because I exercise every day, it hasn't seemed to have a negative effect! Also, the fruit really helps with overall digestion issues, if you know what I mean! :blush: So, my treat pretty much every day is a cup or so of strawberries and some fat free Cool Whip!

My problem is I have really no idea how to move from Acute to Maintenance. I haven't had an actual clinic visit in weeks, so I don't have the literature on how to start transitioning to eating one serving of "good" grains, etc. or whatever the limits are. I would love to have some brown rice, or a slice of bread eventually! Is there a way (besides going to the clinic) to get a general idea of what the first weeks of Maintenance should look like??? Thanks!!!! And great job everyone!!!
chocolatefan is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 34
Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Haven't posted in awhile but thrilled to come here and see how great everyone is doing! So much success!!!! I've been plugging away on my own, and so far, keeping the weight off! I walk every day and am pretty much still in Acute with my food plan. I have to admit I eat way more fruit than is allowed though, but I think because I exercise every day, it hasn't seemed to have a negative effect! Also, the fruit really helps with overall digestion issues, if you know what I mean! :blush: So, my treat pretty much every day is a cup or so of strawberries and some fat free Cool Whip!

My problem is I have really no idea how to move from Acute to Maintenance. I haven't had an actual clinic visit in weeks, so I don't have the literature on how to start transitioning to eating one serving of "good" grains, etc. or whatever the limits are. I would love to have some brown rice, or a slice of bread eventually! Is there a way (besides going to the clinic) to get a general idea of what the first weeks of Maintenance should look like??? Thanks!!!! And great job everyone!!!

Chocolate Fan,
Great job! Try going to one of the maintenance threads. People there are all in maintenance and will have more info for you!
Good luck!
butterflytrg is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I see I posted in the wrong place! I put what I wanted to post here over on the "Energy in exercise out" board Sorry
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Haven't posted in awhile but thrilled to come here and see how great everyone is doing! So much success!!!! I've been plugging away on my own, and so far, keeping the weight off! I walk every day and am pretty much still in Acute with my food plan. I have to admit I eat way more fruit than is allowed though, but I think because I exercise every day, it hasn't seemed to have a negative effect! Also, the fruit really helps with overall digestion issues, if you know what I mean! :blush: So, my treat pretty much every day is a cup or so of strawberries and some fat free Cool Whip!

My problem is I have really no idea how to move from Acute to Maintenance. I haven't had an actual clinic visit in weeks, so I don't have the literature on how to start transitioning to eating one serving of "good" grains, etc. or whatever the limits are. I would love to have some brown rice, or a slice of bread eventually! Is there a way (besides going to the clinic) to get a general idea of what the first weeks of Maintenance should look like??? Thanks!!!! And great job everyone!!!
Chocolate Fan: Good to see your post again! I was wondering where you went. Congratulations on making it to maintenance. I will be joining you next month but I'm not sure what the protocol is. I asked last week about it and they told me that I would be at about 1300 calories and start adding back foods. Like the idea of checking out the maintanance thread. Let us know how you are doing.

Jodi
Jodi A is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 227
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Secret smile -- Congrats! That's awesome. It all pays off in the end.

Sally -- Glad you had such am amazing week one!

Chocolatefan -- Great to see you back!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Good morning fellow medi warriors
I am happy to report another drop in weight. I ran home and checked out my stats on the medi site and realized that this really works, if you work it. The RN at my my clinic told me my stats and said that I had 37lbs more to go to get to my goal. It stopped me for a second. I was like no wait that can't be right, I always have 50 or MORE to lose.....check again.
It's so funny how things hit you like that. Like how in a department store I still gravitate to the plus size department. Or even when I'm in the right department I always grab the largest size only to have to go back for the next size down or the one lower than that! It's like teaching an old dog new tricks

So I'm learning that when you say WOE it's also a new WOLife. Training your brain and your heart to believe that you are not as big as you once were. I catch myself in a mirror or in a window sometimes and I still think "holy geeez is that really me!?"

I wish everyone a very pleasant day
__________________
Peace Tiffany
Enigma is offline  
Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Good morning fellow medi warriors
I am happy to report another drop in weight. I ran home and checked out my stats on the medi site and realized that this really works, if you work it. The RN at my my clinic told me my stats and said that I had 37lbs more to go to get to my goal. It stopped me for a second. I was like no wait that can't be right, I always have 50 or MORE to lose.....check again.
It's so funny how things hit you like that. Like how in a department store I still gravitate to the plus size department. Or even when I'm in the right department I always grab the largest size only to have to go back for the next size down or the one lower than that! It's like teaching an old dog new tricks

So I'm learning that when you say WOE it's also a new WOLife. Training your brain and your heart to believe that you are not as big as you once were. I catch myself in a mirror or in a window sometimes and I still think "holy geeez is that really me!?"

I wish everyone a very pleasant day
You're SO right.....It seems like I was always more surprised in the past when I was at my heaviest.....I KNEW I was overweight, but not THAT overweight! Now when I see myself I LOOK like ME! I'm not saying that I don't have trouble "guessing" what size I need when shopping, but more often than not, I pick clothes in a too small of a size

DH is more like you. He really can't believe that he SHOULD be wearing an XL, so is constantly trying on 2XLs only to be surprised (over and over again) that it's too large!

KUTGW you're doing great!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8
Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Hi Everyone,

I am struggling with posting this right now, seeing everyone with their positive attitudes and support for each other is only making it harder--

Since I started Medi about 7 weeks ago, I was feeling a pain underneath my ribs and lower back pain. I ignored it for weeks until last Thursday when I drove myself to the ER from the pain. They did a full work-up (EKG, Blood, Ultrasound etc etc) I explained to the Dr. the diet and he did some research on the Appetite Suppressants, explaining that are in the same family as pills thats cause permanent heart damage. After the tests were run, they found a problem with my liver (I hardly ever drink and have no previous issues with my liver) He said I need to go to my primary care doctor, and get a referral to do some tests to find out why my enzymes are so elevated. And of course recommended I stop the pills immediately (He did give the green light for all other aspects of the diet) He also mentioned that I should do research on Splenda and Sucralose, and any other artificial sweetener--OMG this stuff is so dangerous!!!) He said both the pills and the increase in artificial sweeteners could be attributing.
I am devastated.
I joined Medi and it has worked so great BC of the pills. No other diet has ever worked for me, because plain and simple, I am hungry. I don't eat because I'm sad, I don't eat because I'm lonely...I eat because I'm hungry. These pills have given me freedom from food for the first time in my life.

For the past 5 days I have been PATHETIC. Not only walking around defeated, but as I'm writing this, I'm eating pasta. Walking into the clinic weekly, spending 7 mins and handing over $70 was worth it in my mind because of the AS and because it all WORKED.

I don't know what to do...
Snick421 is offline  
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member
 
secret_smile85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 31
Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Weighed in today. Despite my being bloated and feeling crappy from it being that TOM I lost 2.4 lbs. I was pretty happy with that considering i expected to either have stayed the same or gained a couple like I usually do then. I'm going to keep it up!! I was really worried about cravings with that TOM but none. Keep it up ladies and gents!
secret_smile85 is offline  
Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Hi Snick421,

I don't even know what to say. I agree that this diet is awesome but your health is the most important thing here. Yeah, weight contributes to a lot of health problems as well so could the problem have already existed and the diet just made it worst? I don't take the AS, I take the Stay Slim because of my blood pressure and I find that I'm not hungry. Also, when you cut out a lot of carbs your cravings go away and you are not hungry. I believe that you can do this and be successful without the pills. You have to realize that it really isn't the pills that have reduced your appetite but the way you are eating.

The first thing should be having the test done on your liver to see what the issues are and go from there. I pray that every test result will come back good.

Just don't give in and go overboard with your eating. Just remember what you've accomplished so far.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Good morning fellow medi warriors
I am happy to report another drop in weight. I ran home and checked out my stats on the medi site and realized that this really works, if you work it. The RN at my my clinic told me my stats and said that I had 37lbs more to go to get to my goal. It stopped me for a second. I was like no wait that can't be right, I always have 50 or MORE to lose.....check again.
It's so funny how things hit you like that. Like how in a department store I still gravitate to the plus size department. Or even when I'm in the right department I always grab the largest size only to have to go back for the next size down or the one lower than that! It's like teaching an old dog new tricks

So I'm learning that when you say WOE it's also a new WOLife. Training your brain and your heart to believe that you are not as big as you once were. I catch myself in a mirror or in a window sometimes and I still think "holy geeez is that really me!?"

I wish everyone a very pleasant day
Congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the good job.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am struggling with posting this right now, seeing everyone with their positive attitudes and support for each other is only making it harder--

Since I started Medi about 7 weeks ago, I was feeling a pain underneath my ribs and lower back pain. I ignored it for weeks until last Thursday when I drove myself to the ER from the pain. They did a full work-up (EKG, Blood, Ultrasound etc etc) I explained to the Dr. the diet and he did some research on the Appetite Suppressants, explaining that are in the same family as pills thats cause permanent heart damage. After the tests were run, they found a problem with my liver (I hardly ever drink and have no previous issues with my liver) He said I need to go to my primary care doctor, and get a referral to do some tests to find out why my enzymes are so elevated. And of course recommended I stop the pills immediately (He did give the green light for all other aspects of the diet) He also mentioned that I should do research on Splenda and Sucralose, and any other artificial sweetener--OMG this stuff is so dangerous!!!) He said both the pills and the increase in artificial sweeteners could be attributing.
I am devastated.
I joined Medi and it has worked so great BC of the pills. No other diet has ever worked for me, because plain and simple, I am hungry. I don't eat because I'm sad, I don't eat because I'm lonely...I eat because I'm hungry. These pills have given me freedom from food for the first time in my life.

For the past 5 days I have been PATHETIC. Not only walking around defeated, but as I'm writing this, I'm eating pasta. Walking into the clinic weekly, spending 7 mins and handing over $70 was worth it in my mind because of the AS and because it all WORKED.

I don't know what to do...
I SO agree with Betty don't go crazy here (meant in a LOVING way).......1st I'd be calling the MEDI office and talk to the DOCTOR......he/she is a medical DR, and is qualified to do these tests. Your HEALTH is THE most important thing. Being an RN I know that the medical mainstream doesn't always REALLY know what nutrition is all about.....they know pills (I know the AS IS a pill) I frequently think that ER docs are a little on the "fringe" and tend to scare people needlessly in order to get them to follow-up with their regular dr. My Medi Dr and I talked about the Phen-Phen heart problems years ago, and our AS IS one of those "Phens".....but you are being prescribed it to be used alone, not with the other med. I'm NOT saying to take it without talking to your Medi DR, but I'm just saying what my dr said.

Reading about Splenda and other "fake" sweetners can be scary, but again read the whole study for yourself.......some I read were done on rats, and those rats were forced to injest HUGE amounts of the stuff for their weight.....I don't have exact numbers here, but it would be equal to us putting POUNDS of it into our bodies daily instead of the few packets we all use. ALL of these studies are done with an agenda in mind, but you need to talk to your DR and make your own choice.

I worked for Gastointerologists and from what I learned it is far more dangerous for your liver for you to be overweight (do a google search for Fatty Liver). Do you still have your gallbladder? You might ask your DR about if he/she thinks you are having signs of gallstones....what you discribe is pretty much what I learned as signs and symptoms of gallbladder problems/stones.

PLEASE call your medi dr today (if you haven't done so) drink your water and hang in there. We are all here for you and so are the people at the clinic

Last edited by Mary T8M; 06-10-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8
Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Betty and Mary,

Thank you so much for the warm words. I will call my Medi on Monday (I promise!)
When you give people the ammunition they've been waiting for, they take full advantage; "I knew that diet was dangerous" and of course "I told you so". (It's hard to hide an ER visit from the world lol)
You're both right, that the bigger picture is about a healthier self, inside and out.
I was running around work today (I work in retail and am on my feet 10+ hrs a day) and something hit me...I started Medi due to a culmination of things...my dad being diagnosed with Diabetes, watching my boyfriend (and me) grow faster than a weed, and among other things, the constant pain from Plantar Fasciiatis. When the pain first started a year ago, I read the number one way to ease the pain was to lose weight...and that not much else could be done. Here I was walking today in practically a limp from my pain and it hit me--THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY ME STOPPING THIS DIET IS FAR WORSE. And it's much more than a pain in my heel. No, I don't think I've gained the 25 lbs back in a week, but I do think it happened for a reason.

I am still frustrated--because I seem to be the only person with this type of reaction, because I went 6 weeks with not 1 piece of junk in my body and was truly proud, because I want to continue this, but don't know how, because I hate pity-partys more than anything, and now I'm the host!

Thank you again for the support ladies, it seems unless you are in the company of someone who had struggled with weight loss they just don't "get it". It's more than a physical change, the emotional change that comes along with the journey is greater than the dress sizes you drop.

I will end with this "If you really want to find a way to do something you will. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -J.R.
No more excuses...
Snick421 is offline  
Old 06-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Betty and Mary,

Thank you so much for the warm words. I will call my Medi on Monday (I promise!)
When you give people the ammunition they've been waiting for, they take full advantage; "I knew that diet was dangerous" and of course "I told you so". (It's hard to hide an ER visit from the world lol)
You're both right, that the bigger picture is about a healthier self, inside and out.
I was running around work today (I work in retail and am on my feet 10+ hrs a day) and something hit me...I started Medi due to a culmination of things...my dad being diagnosed with Diabetes, watching my boyfriend (and me) grow faster than a weed, and among other things, the constant pain from Plantar Fasciiatis. When the pain first started a year ago, I read the number one way to ease the pain was to lose weight...and that not much else could be done. Here I was walking today in practically a limp from my pain and it hit me--THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY ME STOPPING THIS DIET IS FAR WORSE. And it's much more than a pain in my heel. No, I don't think I've gained the 25 lbs back in a week, but I do think it happened for a reason.

I am still frustrated--because I seem to be the only person with this type of reaction, because I went 6 weeks with not 1 piece of junk in my body and was truly proud, because I want to continue this, but don't know how, because I hate pity-partys more than anything, and now I'm the host!

Thank you again for the support ladies, it seems unless you are in the company of someone who had struggled with weight loss they just don't "get it". It's more than a physical change, the emotional change that comes along with the journey is greater than the dress sizes you drop.

I will end with this "If you really want to find a way to do something you will. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -J.R.
No more excuses...

Like the other ladies say your health first so stick with your monday call. Once you know what the doctors orders are then go with it and know there are so many wonderful people on this thread that have been through alot of different issues. I really am still new here and I have gotten nothing but kind words, helpful tips. We are all thinking of you hang in there! I will be thinking of you.
You are right it is so much more than the physical it is the mindset you have to embrace with the new and healthy way to look and eat food. It is a journey.
marverboston is offline  
Old 06-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 282
Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Hi Snick421,
I had the similar issue last year and had several blood work done to check my liver enzymes levels. After a few months of tests, they just normalized. I didn't stop taking the AS.

Have you been exercising? I too had am experiencing a constant dull pain below my rib cage that goes to the back. I was told by 2 doctors that it was Costochondritis, an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). It causes sharp pain in the costosternal joint — where your ribs and breastbone are joined by rubbery cartilage. I must of injured myself during one of the functional training sessions.

Good luck and try to stay calm until you hear something from your doctor. But please don't give up, this only means it will take you a little longer to get to your final goal. The first 6 months I did great but then I was hit with so many things. I just take a short rest and continue as soon as I can.
__________________
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Determined Gemini is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Cold Cereal Substitute

DH really isn't a huge fan of eggs, and has been a little "pouty" for the last two days, so no matter what I suggested for breakfast he didn't want it (does this sound like a five year old or what?) Finally he said he misses cold cereal, so after a little thought I poured 1/2C of the dry TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) "granules" in a bowl (they look a lot like GrapeNuts) added Splenda, and a little Almond Milk, and he LOVED it! It wasn't quite as crunchy as GrapeNuts, but really worked! BTW I bought it from Netrition

It is 80 calories for 1/4 C dry
0 Fat
7 total grams of Carbs
4 G Fiber
12 Grams of Protein

Last night I made a "Stuffed Green Pepper" casserole using the TVP as a rice substitute
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
losing in Ftm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 140
Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Has anyone else been waching the 'The Hungry Girl' on the Food Network? I've checked out the website before but I am really enjoying the show. Some of the tips are more Medi compliant than others but I like alot of her ideas. Now I just have to try some.
losing in Ftm is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.