Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lucluc42
Stats: 327/315/220
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011
Three days in

Hi everyone, I just started my medi weight loss plan on thursday and here it is saturday. I have a few question for everyone if you don't mind

One, I feel like my stomach feels the same way it did before I started, did anyone else feel this way when they first started or do you think I could be losing in other places?

Two, I am a male 6'1 327lbs and going for 220lbs. I am very worried about excess skin but the doctor said that if I stay hydrated with water and that i'm 25 I have a very good chance everything should shrink down and I shouldn't have that much skin. Anyone else with similar stats that could shed some light on their experience?

Appreciate your time and look forward to hearing some feedback

Thanks!
lucluc42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucluc42 View Post
Hi everyone, I just started my medi weight loss plan on thursday and here it is saturday. I have a few question for everyone if you don't mind

One, I feel like my stomach feels the same way it did before I started, did anyone else feel this way when they first started or do you think I could be losing in other places?

Two, I am a male 6'1 327lbs and going for 220lbs. I am very worried about excess skin but the doctor said that if I stay hydrated with water and that i'm 25 I have a very good chance everything should shrink down and I shouldn't have that much skin. Anyone else with similar stats that could shed some light on their experience?

Thanks!
Hi, and Welcome!

My husband Bill, weighed in at 346 (I think) 6'3" 59 yr old. His skin has shrunk up really well. He is now at about 250 and maintaining, but wants to get down to 230ish. so is getting back on plan.
As far as your stomach feeling the same in 2 days, I'd say it probably does! You're probably still losing mainly water at this point. You WILL lose weight all over, not just in your stomach if you follow the plan. IF you have not already read the thread for the first week of Medi, I would strongly suggest you take time and read through it. Many of us experience the same type of feelings and questions, and it might give you a "leg up" on the program. Here is the link to the original thread, and I'll also post the next part.....it got too large so I think you can only read this one now Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1. Then this is the new part of the thread where you can introduce yourself, ask questions, and meet other new people too! Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1 - #2. We also have a thread for each new month.....Here is the link for May, and then there will be a new one for June! Join us, we'd LOVE to hear how you're doing! **A Magnificent May for MWL! Come Along!**! Be sure to check out the recipe threads too.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucluc42 View Post

Thanks!
First of all, welcome! Second, you are only 3 days in. It took me about 3 weeks (14 pounds) before I really noticed changes and I started at 174. Also, you will lose in many more places than your waist. This weight loss plan is an aggressive one but will still be a slow and steady process. You are making a great life changing decision so be very proud of yourself and don't give up if you don't get the quick results you hope for. I am losing at an average of 2 pounds a week now and I have to keep reminding myself how much it adds up.

As for the skin, you have a huge advantage with your age. It is still extremely elastic at that age.

Good luck and post your questions or concerns!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Mary: You always give such great advice! I'm glad you're here!!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote