Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Does anyone else have friends who tease them about this diet?

I just got back from a "Hot Dog Extraveganza" party where the main thing on the menu were deep fried chimichonga hot dogs which were followed up by deep fried twinkies and deep fried snickers. I brought chicken which I grilled and drank my water all night.

I kept getting "is that all you are eating?" "Come on you can have a beer." "Seriously, you can drink vodka." "What, you can't eat guacamole and chips either?" When I asked to take a few onions out to be put aside for my salad before they got included with the bacon fat they looked at me like I was being silly.

Last weekend I went to a friend's house and got similar comments and crazy looks when I made special requests to keep my salmon from being smothered in grease and fat.

I was also told tonight that as soon as I "eat normal" I will gain all the weight back. My response was that deep fried chimichonga hot dogs and twinkies isn't normal. I feel like I have to stop "hanging out" with people because I am sick of the snickers at me (no pun intended!). BTW, I had absolutely no temptation to eat any of that garbage tonight.
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
I have had some of the same response. I have been told that it would all come back also when I start eating carbs again. I have also been told by some that they are losing and making a lifestyle change so there's will stay off. The last statement came from someone taking over counter diet pills and she had started exercising. I told her i was proud she had made changes with exercising. But what made her think mine wasn't a lifestyle change. I know that if I go back to eating" normal" the way I was before I will gain it back. I am in this for the long haul. My hat is off to anyone that can lose weight. It is not easy.to lose and even harder to keep off. You should be proud you weren't tempted. I wish your friends were.more supportive. It really does help. However your stats are great. Keep up the hard.work.
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I will! It's just so annoying. One of my friends who was at the party texted me when she got home and said she felt soooo sick.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Jodi,
Great job! Hold your head up high and give yourself a huge pat on the back for withstanding those circumstances. The people who ridiculed you ONLY WISH they had the willpower and determination to do what you are doing.

As frustrating and even maddening as it can be... this is going to happen. My hat's off to you!! Just think... you surely feel better than the friend who ATE all of that "stuff". YUCKO

My adorable little 89 year old Grandmother thinks it a game now to try and talk me into eating Krispy Kreme donuts and strawberry pie smothered in whipped cream... she just giggles and says "awww noww just ONE piece"... but I love her to death!!

Hang in there!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." ~ ~

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
Jodi,
My adorable little 89 year old Grandmother thinks it a game now to try and talk me into eating Krispy Kreme donuts and strawberry pie smothered in whipped cream... she just giggles and says "awww noww just ONE piece"... but I love her to death!!
Oh! That is cute!! But grandmothers are supposed to want to fatten you up. Friends are supposed to be there to support your health. It's weird because prior to be being on this diet if I asked a friend if they wanted to join me for pizza and they said they were on a diet I would ask them if they wanted to go someplace else for lunch or get together to do something that didn't involve food.

On another note, I have had a bad cold the past few days. I went to weigh in today and I was down 2.4 pounds but she told me I gained 3.8 pounds of fat! I haven't been exercising this week because I've been too sick to but gaining 3.8 pounds of fat?? I asked to talk to the doctor about it and he said the scale isn't always accurate for measuring water vs. fat loss. I honestly can't see how I gained that much fat by not exercising so I hope he is right. I could see water gain but not that much fat.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
Start Date: January 5, 2011
I haven't been to the clinic in 3 months. It got to where I just couldn't afford it. I have a set of digital scales here at the house and I weigh same time first thing in the morning. At this point a pound is a pound and 0.6 pounds is what is says. I have no idea if it was fat or water... I just know it went down... LOL.
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
I haven't been to the clinic in 3 months. It got to where I just couldn't afford it. I have a set of digital scales here at the house and I weigh same time first thing in the morning. At this point a pound is a pound and 0.6 pounds is what is says. I have no idea if it was fat or water... I just know it went down... LOL.
Good point, Sherri!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tuesdaygirl
Stats: 5'10" - 216/169/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: 5/2/2011
Most of my friends are supportive, though I haven't shared with everyone.

I was at a bbq on monday though, where the host would not leave me alone about what I was eating - poured me a cup of white sangria (made with malibu rum, champagne, fruit juice and fruit!) after I turned her down several times, and then brought it back to me after I set it down by the sink! Then bugged me for eating a bunless hamburger because she bought *nice buns* for the grown ups! And then busted out a cake - I really wanted to slap her. I wasn't at all tempted, but miffed at having to be so forceful about what I was going or not going to eat. I really wasn't making a big deal of myself. Just having fun and eating what fit in my plan.

Thank god I don't live near my parents - my father has already told me I will quit soon over the phone. Four weeks in and 22.6 lbs lighter, that's just what I needed to hear. Thanks, dad.
tuesdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
Most of my friends are supportive, though I haven't shared with everyone.

I was at a bbq on monday though, where the host would not leave me alone about what I was eating - poured me a cup of white sangria (made with malibu rum, champagne, fruit juice and fruit!) after I turned her down several times, and then brought it back to me after I set it down by the sink! Then bugged me for eating a bunless hamburger because she bought *nice buns* for the grown ups! And then busted out a cake - I really wanted to slap her. I wasn't at all tempted, but miffed at having to be so forceful about what I was going or not going to eat. I really wasn't making a big deal of myself. Just having fun and eating what fit in my plan.

Thank god I don't live near my parents - my father has already told me I will quit soon over the phone. Four weeks in and 22.6 lbs lighter, that's just what I needed to hear. Thanks, dad.
Don't listen to him!!! I am visiting family out of town right now and after 3 days of arguing with them that I really can't have M n' M 's they are starting to get it. It's frustrating! Would someone nag an alcoholic to have a drink if they insisted they didn't want it??

Isn't it annoying that we have to turn to a forum to get support to continue on our diets?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshydler14
Stats: 238/209/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/5/2011
Support is here!

Ladies I feel your pain!
I am only on day 2 but one of my co-workers asked me "what kind of witch doctor I am going to now"...really?? She is obese, pre diabetic, bum knee, bum ankle...give me a break!
At least I am doing something...

This website is where our support is! People will mock things they don't understand. I made a point of telling only people that I know will be supportive, the rest...bite me!

Come here to share your sucesses and get the support we need..
I have tried everything under the sun like most of you..I turn 37 in another month and I am tired of being fat and tired.

So any one that wants to work together for support let's go! This program is so easy, they tell you exactly what to do, what to eat etc. all you have to do is follow it..sounds like a plan to me!

Congrats to all those that can beat off the friends with their fancy foods and cakes etc!

239/235/160 - yes I weighed on day 2..heehee..just needed that boost of motivation
jshydler14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
You all sound like me my first week. Friends and family are incredibly weird aren't they? I quickly learned not to say one thing about what I'm eating, how I'm exercising, where plan I'm on, etc. And god forbid do not say "low carb". lol That's like a fricken hot button for so many people?

And as for "gaining back the weight when you start eating 'normal' again"? Well duh! Seriously, there is no finish line to being thin. Take a look around at thin adults and see how they eat. That was a pivotal moment for me at the children's museum. All of the chubby moms were eating pizza in the deli and all of the thin moms were eating the chicken salad. Hmm... maybe I'm not so cursed with a slow metabolism after all!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

It's been about 6 weeks since I started this thread and I am proud to say that now people aren't criticizing it... they are saying "how the hell did you do that!?" I'm still careful with my responses.

I do have to say this, ketosis was not my friend. It gave me a horrible rash and made me look like a rail in my joints. I am the same weight I was a couple of weeks ago but now that I've been out of ketosis for almost those 2 weeks, my rash is gone and my skin has "plumped up" making me look more healthy.

Still wouldn't change a thing!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shakespeare72
Stats: 328/274/228
Start Date: January 23, 2013
When I started I didn't tell friends and family because I didn't want to hear the negative comments. I figured if it works, they would notice and if it didn't no one needed to know I tried.

Now, after losing over 100 lbs, many of the people who I didn't at first tell have seen my success, listened to my story, and started Medi themselves.
Shakespeare72 is offline   Reply With Quote