Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suchissteph
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/2011 restart 2/26/13
Having trouble taking in 500 cals a day

A trend is starting in the pst several days for me that it gets to be 7pm and I've only consumed about 400 calories for the day. I'm not hungry and don't want to eat since I've already had dinner. A couple of nights, I have forced myself to eat something to put me at 500 especially if I'm at my carb limit.
What are the consequences of not getting to 500 cals a day? I finish week 2 tomorrow. I really don't want to be eating chicken breast at 9pm to get my 500 in.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas. I obviously won't continue to do this, but am finding that week 2 was more of an adjustment than I anticipated.

- My 2 yo just ripped off my Capslock key. ha!
suchissteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
If you do not get enough calories, it can slow your metabolism down and cause your body to start holding onto the fat or go into "starvation mode". Even after eating 500 calories after a while, your body will get use to that and you may have to up it from time to time to "jump start" your metabolism.

One thing I have found is to add items in places you may not even realize. For example, if we are having dinner and I make a small salad with the meal, I may add some turkey bacon or an hard boiled egg in the salad for extra protein. Or I may crunch up a protein bar and add it to some carb control yogurt for a snack or dessert.
kbhayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
The "starvation mode" thingie happened to me in early April. I had to pick my calories up a little bit. I went from 700/day (which is where my clinic started me...not 500) to about 900/day. This somehow "jumpstarted" my metabolism and the weight began to come off again. Talk to your clinic about this. I am no longer going to my clinic and had to "figure this out" for myself. These boards and a little research helped me ALOT!!
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shar82
Stats: 183.5/163.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center (WP, FL)
Start Date: 4/26/11
So funny you posted this...I was going to ask something similar. I did great my 1st week, good my 2nd week, and my 3rd week weigh in was only 1.5 lbs and I was really upset. They said I needed to up my calories b/c I wasn't taking enough in. I'm really hoping that on Tuesday I'm back to losing again b/c I'm not paying a ton of money for 1 lb a week!!!
Shar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday they told me to try taking 1/2 the phentermine instead of the whole thing. I tried it and it really helped me yesterday. I was able to get in all my protein cals and added the veggies to the delicious steak my hubby grilled. I'm gonna try that for the rest of the week.
I didn't realize how big of an adjustment it would be to simply add veggies. It helps if you actually go to the store and buy some
Old 05-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchissteph View Post
Yesterday they told me to try taking 1/2 the phentermine instead of the whole thing. I tried it and it really helped me yesterday. I was able to get in all my protein cals and added the veggies to the delicious steak my hubby grilled. I'm gonna try that for the rest of the week.
I didn't realize how big of an adjustment it would be to simply add veggies. It helps if you actually go to the store and buy some
I was not able to take the full AS in the beginning either. I never made it past day 2! I cut it back to 1/2 twice a day... then by the third week or so I stopped taking them.

Tell ya what.... when this southern girl can sit and stare at a plate of beef tips and gravy, fried chicken and biscuits and think she is gonna barf (my hubby was eating this).... something is WRONG!! (I guess they were working too well)
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Southern Girl, you are so close to your goal.... that is awesome. When you hit it make sure you post and tell us!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Southern Girl, you are so close to your goal.... that is awesome. When you hit it make sure you post and tell us!
Jodi, There may be no need.... you may hear me "holler" all the way down there in Tampa!!!

Thanks so much!!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Lol southerngirl! You've got a lot of willpower to look that meal in the eye and decline
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
Jodi, There may be no need.... you may hear me "holler" all the way down there in Tampa!!!

Thanks so much!!
I'm looking forward to it! We are used to hearing "sonic booms" in Tampa from the space shuttle but I'll know it is you girl!!!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote