Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hair Loss

I wanted to know if anyone else is losing their hair. I thought I had seen something on this before. However, I am not able to find where to search on here. So, I thought I would ask again. I am losing about two handfuls a day. My hair is getting really thin. I recently started taking biotin. I have increased it to two a day. I want to loose this weight but not at the expense of my hair. Can someone please give me some advice? The top of my head is now so thin I get sunburned on my scalp. I have always had thick hair. But, right now I am scared.

Thanks,
Dionne
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
I wanted to know if anyone else is losing their hair. I thought I had seen something on this before. However, I am not able to find where to search on here. So, I thought I would ask again. I am losing about two handfuls a day. My hair is getting really thin. I recently started taking biotin. I have increased it to two a day. I want to loose this weight but not at the expense of my hair. Can someone please give me some advice? The top of my head is now so thin I get sunburned on my scalp. I have always had thick hair. But, right now I am scared.

Thanks,
Dionne
Yes this is fairly common, and there is a thread on this. I started losing a LOT of hair early on, so started taking about 5000 IU (I THINK that's the way it comes) of biotin a day as well as the Omega 3 oil, and mine has really filled in again.....in fact with all the protein and the vitamins/supplements I take daily I'm needing haircuts more frequently again! Hang in there your body should adjust....talk to the people at your clinic to see what they suggest too
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mary. You are always an inspiration and wealth of knowledge. I will bump my biotin up and I think increase the omega 3 to three times a day. I will also talk to the clinic. Thank you again. Have a great day. And I am glad to see the scale moving again for you. You are doing a great job.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post

Thanks,
Dionne
I was losing my hair too in the beginning and started taking Omega and it improved greatly. It even became me curly
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I have been taking omega 3 twice a day since the beginning. I think I am going to up it to three times a day.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I've been freaking out about this too! I lose a handful every time I shampoo. I've even stopped blow drying my hair. I take biotin and omegas but have not noticed a difference. My weight has even levelled off for the last month, but the hair is still falling out. It's making me crazy..

Mary and Irene, how long did it take for your hair to start growing back?
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
I've been freaking out about this too! I lose a handful every time I shampoo. I've even stopped blow drying my hair. I take biotin and omegas but have not noticed a difference. My weight has even levelled off for the last month, but the hair is still falling out. It's making me crazy..

Mary and Irene, how long did it take for your hair to start growing back?
I noticed that my hair really impoved after taking Omega for 9 months (I continue to take it daily) and after 2 months of not losing anymore.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote