Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Hair Loss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/721796-hair-loss.html)

ferrarimomof3 05-17-2011 02:10 PM

Hair Loss

I wanted to know if anyone else is losing their hair. I thought I had seen something on this before. However, I am not able to find where to search on here. So, I thought I would ask again. I am losing about two handfuls a day. My hair is getting really thin. I recently started taking biotin. I have increased it to two a day. I want to loose this weight but not at the expense of my hair. Can someone please give me some advice? The top of my head is now so thin I get sunburned on my scalp. I have always had thick hair. But, right now I am scared.

Thanks,
Dionne

Mary T8M 05-17-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 (Post 14657610)
I wanted to know if anyone else is losing their hair. I thought I had seen something on this before. However, I am not able to find where to search on here. So, I thought I would ask again. I am losing about two handfuls a day. My hair is getting really thin. I recently started taking biotin. I have increased it to two a day. I want to loose this weight but not at the expense of my hair. Can someone please give me some advice? The top of my head is now so thin I get sunburned on my scalp. I have always had thick hair. But, right now I am scared.

Thanks,
Dionne

Yes this is fairly common, and there is a thread on this. I started losing a LOT of hair early on, so started taking about 5000 IU (I THINK that's the way it comes) of biotin a day as well as the Omega 3 oil, and mine has really filled in again.....in fact with all the protein and the vitamins/supplements I take daily I'm needing haircuts more frequently again! Hang in there your body should adjust....talk to the people at your clinic to see what they suggest too

ferrarimomof3 05-18-2011 07:14 AM

Thanks Mary. You are always an inspiration and wealth of knowledge. I will bump my biotin up and I think increase the omega 3 to three times a day. I will also talk to the clinic. Thank you again. Have a great day. And I am glad to see the scale moving again for you. You are doing a great job.

irabeslim 05-18-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 (Post 14657610)

Thanks,
Dionne

I was losing my hair too in the beginning and started taking Omega and it improved greatly. It even became me curly:)

ferrarimomof3 05-19-2011 04:43 PM

I have been taking omega 3 twice a day since the beginning. I think I am going to up it to three times a day.

barbwired 05-19-2011 06:18 PM

I've been freaking out about this too! I lose a handful every time I shampoo. I've even stopped blow drying my hair. I take biotin and omegas but have not noticed a difference. My weight has even levelled off for the last month, but the hair is still falling out. It's making me crazy..:mad:

Mary and Irene, how long did it take for your hair to start growing back?

irabeslim 05-19-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbwired (Post 14665129)
I've been freaking out about this too! I lose a handful every time I shampoo. I've even stopped blow drying my hair. I take biotin and omegas but have not noticed a difference. My weight has even levelled off for the last month, but the hair is still falling out. It's making me crazy..:mad:

Mary and Irene, how long did it take for your hair to start growing back?

I noticed that my hair really impoved after taking Omega for 9 months (I continue to take it daily) and after 2 months of not losing anymore.