Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Alternative Meds (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/719714-alternative-meds.html)

MattProducer 05-01-2011 01:21 PM

Alternative Meds

Hey Everyone,

This might be a thread elsewhere, but I haven't seen it yet, so I figured I'd put my question up here:

Obviously, when doing Medi there are vitamins that are taken daily (Vita Super, Fat Burner, Calcium, etc). Does anyone know where to find generics or other brands that might be cheaper? Or does Medi actually have the cheapest stuff for what we need to be successful?

Also - I heard that while going in and out of Ketosis, you're supposed to be taking something to protect your liver... I was told to chek out GNC's Liver Support... is there anything else that can be recommended, or is it even needed?

Thanks!

Mary T8M 05-01-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattProducer (Post 14608061)
Hey Everyone,

This might be a thread elsewhere, but I haven't seen it yet, so I figured I'd put my question up here:

Obviously, when doing Medi there are vitamins that are taken daily (Vita Super, Fat Burner, Calcium, etc). Does anyone know where to find generics or other brands that might be cheaper? Or does Medi actually have the cheapest stuff for what we need to be successful?

Also - I heard that while going in and out of Ketosis, you're supposed to be taking something to protect your liver... I was told to chek out GNC's Liver Support... is there anything else that can be recommended, or is it even needed?

Thanks!

Gosh seems like there WAS some talk of alternatives a while back, but......I always took my own Calcium, and Omega 3 supplements. My clinic supplied the multivitamins as part of the fee, so I used theirs. I thought I read somewhere that people used a Mega Green Tea from Sam's. I am no longer going to the clinic (due to purely financial reasons) so I take Fat Transporter from vitamin shoppe and Citrimax that I think you can get from Netrition.

I'm not aware of any liver support sorry

irabeslim 05-02-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattProducer (Post 14608061)
Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

A lot of us did this in and out of ketosis thing but I have never heard that it could somehow damage your liver. Scary. Did our clinik tell you to get that Liver Support? I never heard about it.

I have never used any other meds except what clinic sells/gives out as part of the regimen.