Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
**A Magnificent May for MWL! Come Along!**

May is here! Flowers are blooming, the grass is green, and birds are singing their song! Can we do any less? What a lovely month to get going outside, and making those MWL goals a reality! No rush here, just nice and easy. Slow and steady wins the race!

Are you with us?

You can own it, you can do it!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
What a BEAUTIFUL start to May! The weather here is great! I got off to a little bit of a late start to do Week 5 Day 1 of my C25K program, and almost didn't go, but I'm SO glad I did! It was my BEST day yet! I drove to an industrial park.....and with this being Sunday it was empty. The streets are nice and smooth, and there was lots of nice landscaping to look at. It was just one week ago that I was SCARED to even TRY to run for 5 minutes, and yet when I looked to see what todays program was, and it said alternating 5 minute runs, with 3 minute walks.....I thought "Cool, I CAN do this".....and I did! The next one is 8 minute runs ......yet I'm much more confident I can do it now!

I've left my stats unchanged, but have gotten a new scale that reads 3 pounds MORE than my old scale....I'm SURE it's probably the correct weight , so now I've LOST another 3 pounds, so now I weigh 148 on my new scale....

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Good morning, Friends.

I'm here at my desk digging out my binder of all of Medi info from the acute days. I've successfully maintained my weight for nearly a year but I'm here to tell you... it has not been easy for me. Acute was wonderful. I'm controlling by nature and the program is so calculated that it was almost a source of comfort. For once, I felt like my addiction to food was being managed and controlled with clear boundaries and rules. I could finally "deal". But maintenance... oiy. That's a totally different animal all together.

Anyway, I want to thank you all, like I always have, for the continued activity on the LCF board because just spending a few days reading has been such a source of comfort. I love knowing that you are all on this ship with me and that I never have to be alone.

So, in short, I am starting back in acute to shed a few fat pounds (no, this is not water weight unfortunately) and get rid of the blasted cravings.

Here's to a great week!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
I can't believe we are on May's thread, didn't we just start Aprils? WOW! My goal is to lose 7 pounds this month. Well, atleast the realistic one. I really would like to lose 10 this month but we will see. I started week one again today. Wen't to a family gathering yesterday and although I didn't do BAD, I came out of ketosis. So, week one again it is. Maybe this week will get me into the 80's. OMG, I SAID THE 80's!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

What a great interview! Your wife is beautiful too.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I can't believe it's May already!?! My goal in May is just to maintain the low 130's without too much trouble. I didn't do so well with this part last fall. I don't want to gain 15lbs again, I don't want to do this rollercoaster thing. So I hope to stay fairly even through the whole month.

I am joining the YMCA today. Mainly because we want to use the pool this summer while the girls are out of school, but it will also help me get exercise in on days that it's too hot to run outside or it's raining.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
I finally got on the scale this morning. Almost two weeks after my surgery and I am up 5 pounds. I know that it is from lack of exercise and not being able to prepare meals for the family and relying on them to fix things for me.

Now that I am finally feeling like myself, I have started week 1 in hopes of getting off the 5 pounds. My daughter's high school graduation in the middle of June, so I am hoping to be down a total of 15 more pounds (including the 5) by then.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
My daughter and I had our Seaworld day yesterday. What a beatuiful day it was! I rode every ride including Manta 3 times and walked the whole park several times. Before I would have been exhausted and dreading the 3 hour drive home. But instead I was just tired. Got up this morning and am heading to my ball class in 45 min. I am so glad I am not hauling those extra 70lbs around with me. Especially when my daughter gave me a hug on the way to the car and said what a wonderful time she had with just the two of us. In the past I always made sure we brought a friend or cousin so she had someone to ride the rides with.
(True confession though Kraken did almost do me in. That was my one and only time for THAT ride!)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
KBHayward: It is hard to come back after surgery, so be gentle with yourself, and best wishes as you lose those five pounds!

Eptexy: I'm still in acute, but have worries about the same in maintenance. Lots of great conversation on this board about that issue.

Mary and Lins: Awesome exercise, Mary!! Lins, great about joining the Y.

After gaining two pounds previous week, I was down 4.5 on Friday. Now under 150 pounds---at 148! Exercised last weekend and this, and am meeting with a trainer starting this week. I have no gym experience and lots of anxiety, so am taking this step to learn how to do things at the gym. Drank some wine and ate a little dessert at a work dinner/dance...so working hard to be very disciplined this week. Felt nice to dress up and wear a smaller dress size, though.

I will be away from my home for two months this summer, in a state with no Medi-WL Clinic offerings, so I am going to have to be proactive in terms of figuring out how to switch from AS to the Medi tablets, and how to substitute something for the injections...to approximate some of those good B vitamins... And weigh-ins? Not sure what I'll do... Want to incorporate lots of exercise. Ideas? BEST TO ALL!!! --Lbeetle
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
154 this morning and I'm adding some more carbs back in today. I can honestly say my sugar cravings are gone again. Thank goodness. Now that's not to say that I don't WANT all that crazy crap, but at least the true cravings are gone and I'm not planning to give in to them again. Stupid Pop Tarts.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
154 this morning and I'm adding some more carbs back in today. I can honestly say my sugar cravings are gone again. Thank goodness. Now that's not to say that I don't WANT all that crazy crap, but at least the true cravings are gone and I'm not planning to give in to them again. Stupid Pop Tarts.
You go girl!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
You go girl!
Thanks, buddy!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

You're inspiring me, Lea! Keep going!!

Me, on the other hand, woke up lower on the scale but higher in fat. Yay.

I really need to get back into the gym. 4:30 comes so dang early though. Then I saw J's wife say they hit the workout that early so I guess I have no excuse. lol I need a good workout partner that will keep me committed.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
so remember from April the question about telling people...well I got an email from a co-worker who asked if I wouldn't mind sharing the diet with a fellow struggler.
I sent her the stuff my mom sent me from her friend.
Oh I wish there were a clinic near me because I am certain my weight would be coming off faster if I had someone else looking at my diet and tweaking things for me.
Ah well...

Great work everyone...keep those losses off!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
KBHayward: It is hard to come back after surgery, so be gentle with yourself, and best wishes as you lose those five pounds!

Eptexy: I'm still in acute, but have worries about the same in maintenance. Lots of great conversation on this board about that issue.

Mary and Lins: Awesome exercise, Mary!! Lins, great about joining the Y.

After gaining two pounds previous week, I was down 4.5 on Friday. Now under 150 pounds---at 148! Exercised last weekend and this, and am meeting with a trainer starting this week. I have no gym experience and lots of anxiety, so am taking this step to learn how to do things at the gym. Drank some wine and ate a little dessert at a work dinner/dance...so working hard to be very disciplined this week. Felt nice to dress up and wear a smaller dress size, though.

I will be away from my home for two months this summer, in a state with no Medi-WL Clinic offerings, so I am going to have to be proactive in terms of figuring out how to switch from AS to the Medi tablets, and how to substitute something for the injections...to approximate some of those good B vitamins... And weigh-ins? Not sure what I'll do... Want to incorporate lots of exercise. Ideas? BEST TO ALL!!! --Lbeetle

Lbeetle,
Do you have a good relationship with your primary care physician? If you do and they see the progress you are having with the weightloss, they may prescribe you the pills for the two months you will be gone.
My doctor is so pleased that he has been prescribing them for me and also the B12 injections to do myself and it all has been costing me about $20 a month. He said that is his "gift" to me and to use the money I save to buy new clothes. I am still working the program and using this board for motivation but just saving lots of money. I'm not saying leave the program. This is just a way to make the program work for you while you will be gone for 2 months.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
A friend of mine's husband (who I use to work with), asked me today what I did to lose my weight. He has a lot to loose so I really hope he takes my advice. I love giving out the Medi info to people that I think will really benefit and use it. "It's the one that works"

I did fine on eating protein/fat/carb wise (I'm in maintance), but I ate too much sodium and I'm feeling it tonight. So I drank a 32 oz powerade zero and now I feel sooooo bloated. I know the powerade will help but I think I drank it too fast. YUCK! On the other hand. This is my usual snacky time and I am feeling so bloated and full of powerade I have no desire to eat anything.....hehe
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
I was happy with my results for April about 8 lbs down. When I weighed in today I had gone down 3.5 lbs, but my fat % went up 2% and water went down so I'm not sure what the loss was then. I'm going to not have fruit for a few days at least and see what happens next week. That dreaded bathing suit weather is quickly approaching! Good luck to all in May
Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Lins, I do the same thing. Only give the specific information to people who I think might be receptive. Most are not. I think the word "Medi" really throws people because they think of the medi fast shakes that have been around forever. I have to clarify every time I bring it up. I also have to follow it up with the fact that I've been maintaining for a year to validate the program. It's sad when the hcg thing is more mainstream and acceptable than Medi?

I'm on a great start to getting the control back. I've had 1 pretty good day and 1 really good day and this morning I went back to the gym for the first time in months. Feels so good!

Oh and reebs - don't pay TOO much attention to the numbers. Adjust a little and I'll bet you'll see twice the loss in fat next week. That happened to me a few times.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ttpharmd
Stats: 178.5/166.5/155
Start Date: Restarted 2/15/13
Hello everyone!
I lost 2.2lbs this past week. My 1st month total is 18.2lbs! yay!
It would've taken me 2-3 months to lose this much weight in the past on other weight loss plans (and I would've been feeling hungry every minute of the day).
I originally thought my goal of 145 was unrealistic but now I feel that it may actually be possible if I stick to it!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Ladies

I've plateau'd. Because Im no longer getting those injections, my energy levels are lower than they were and I've been too tired to workout after work save for a few zumba classes. And I cant even do those this week--Zumba is wrecking havoc on my ankles. Dr said no Zumba for a week

To those doing this on their own--what are you supplementing for the injections? I am still taking the multi-vitamin, Omega-3, Calcium and Fat Burner (until I run out in which case ill will be supplementing with what Kristine29 suggested.

Looking for some hints/help/support/motivation. I need somethin
Old 05-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Yay TTP! So happy for you and I love your positive energy. I really need that right now!

Tricia, I lost 40 pounds very quickly and consistently with NO injections. After 2 rounds, it was determined that I was highly allergic to whatever preservative they use in the shots and the omegas so it was totally out for me. Instead, I took a different omega capsule and took the sublingual b12 from Costco.

The fat burners gave me energy because of the caffeine. After 2 bottles of the medi ones, I switched to the Mega-T ones and I like those better actually. The appetite suppressant also helped a lot with energy. (Can you get a prescription from your doctor for that?) Exercise and plenty of water also helped. So in short, maybe you should look at other things that might be causing your energy to be low rather than the shots. You truly do not need the shots for weight loss.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Tricia- I also take siblingual (under the tongue) b12 since that's what my mom's friend said the shots had. Plus b12 is good for energy and metabolism. I agree with Erin- do some research and see what works for you.
I take this: b12, cayenne capsules, the lean factor and termafactor that I told you about, and vit d cause I am some how low on that one no matter my love for yogurt and cheese

Hang in there- it takes time. If you can t do Zumba maybe try just walking around your neighborhood or a track to get some exercise.

Last edited by Kristine29; 05-03-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katertot
Stats: 230/150
Start Date: April 18, 2011
10lbs to lose in May ~ 10lbs to lose in May!!!!!!!!
I can do thisssssss!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Ladies

I've plateau'd. Because Im no longer getting those injections, my energy levels are lower than they were and I've been too tired to workout after work save for a few zumba classes. And I cant even do those this week--Zumba is wrecking havoc on my ankles. Dr said no Zumba for a week

To those doing this on their own--what are you supplementing for the injections? I am still taking the multi-vitamin, Omega-3, Calcium and Fat Burner (until I run out in which case ill will be supplementing with what Kristine29 suggested.

Looking for some hints/help/support/motivation. I need somethin
I've been on my own for a weeks now and haven't had any injections. I also stopped taking the fat burner, but I may go back to them since I have a few left. I think I've plateaued a bit too, but not sure since I haven't stepped on a scale. I do know that I have gone in and out of ketosis over the past couple of weeks. I admire folks who try Zumba!! It sounds like fun. However, I've gotten this flab off by simply walking around my neighborhood for at least 45 minutes a day. If it's cold out (which it still is some mornings!), I will go to my gym and get on the treadmill for the same 45 minutes, but I jog for some of it. I've been struggling with cravings lately--had to ditch the almonds and I really, REALLY, REALLY just want some popcorn or a freakin' slice of bread!! I can't believe I haven't had a piece of bread since February 7!!! My biggest fear is that since I have stopped going to the clinic, I am not exactly sure how to incorporate the one or hopefully two servings of actual carbs/starches we are allowed in maintenance (?). I still have some more to lose before I even get there, but I may have to go back to the clinic for a week or two when I finally do reach my goal. I will say that if there is any way to get a workout in BEFORE work, that sometimes helps. I find that when I try to get the walk in during the afternoon or early evening, my legs feel like lead! But in the morning, I seem to have more energy and actually don't mind going on out there.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilAnn
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/140
Start Date: 4/05/11
Hi! I'm new to the boards and Medi. I started in early April. At my weigh in today, I am down 18 pounds! Yay! I found the first few weeks to be pretty rough, but it is getting better. Last week I started Couch to 5K with spin classes on the off days.

Jerome, I watched the video of you and your wife. Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate the boards and the support you all give each other. Those of you holding strong in maintenance are inspiring me!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Enjoying reading all of the informational posts. I appreciate all of the stories regarding the difficulty of maintaining goal. I think this is helpful, and encourages my compliance with Acute phase. I will say I find it difficult when eating out. I do my best to choose MEDI compliant foods, and skip dressings, marinades, etc. because I don't really know the ingredients, and I don't want to set off any cravings. THANKS for the testimonies.

I got a new Shorter hair style to celebrate my 40lbs weight loss! Yippy, will post a pic soon!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Hello everyone! I have been reading all of your stories for over 3 weeks now. I promise I wasn't stalking--ok just a little!
But reading all of your goals, achievements and even your problems and frustrations has given me motivation and much-needed company during the past 3 weeks. I have little personal support during this journey, my boyfriend wants no part of it, and I really want to surprise my family when I see them next (They live in another state) Although my clinic is great, I don't feel like I get tons of support from them.

So here is where I'm at now-- I had a great weigh in first week, 10.6 lbs but the past 2 weigh-ins have been discouraging. Last week I only lost 2 lbs on the scale and 4 lbs in fat, and this morning's weigh-in was even worse with less than a pound on the scale and 3.5 lbs of fat. I know it's great to be losing fat, but the scale is not moving!!! I asked the clinic what I should do, and she recommended more water and the B6 shot. I drink MINIMUM of 100 oz of water every day (3 large Smart waters)
I thought I would breeze through these first few weeks with weight loss, then start slowing down and plateauing, I didn't expect it to be this frustrating, this early. I could really use some words of wisdom right now...

Sorry this was so long, thanks for listening
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ckmom15
Stats: 163/163/135
WOE: mwl
Start Date: april 12, 2011
I REALLY LOVE reading everyone's stories!

I started April 12 and on the first of May I was down 10.4 lbs!! We ended up having to get a whole new A.C. for my house (which totally blows!!) So unfortunately yesterday was my last appt at the clinic for a while. They were VERY supportive and told me to call if I had questions and if possible to come back when I reach goal to be transitioned. (?) I am hoping to lose AT LEAST 10 lbs in May. We shall see! I have started an exercise schedule and am trying REALLY hard to stick with it. At the clinic yesterday, they told me I can add in fruits now if I want or I can wait if the cravings aren't too bad. So I think I'll hold off for a bit. I'm scared of doing this on my own But I'm hoping with the help and support on this board I will be able to do it

Thanks everyone!! I wish you all GOOD LUCK in May!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Snick421, Don't get discourage. I've been on Medi since 12/28/10 and there are just weeks when the scale is not moving as quickly but believe the total lost adds really fast. You have to be of the mindset that no matter how small a lost is a lost. As long as you are doing everything you are supposed to do it will all work out in the end. Keep going and don't give up.

Last edited by betty_going_85; 05-04-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Hello everyone! I have been reading all of your stories for over 3 weeks now. I promise I wasn't stalking--ok just a little!
But reading all of your goals, achievements and even your problems and frustrations has given me motivation and much-needed company during the past 3 weeks. I have little personal support during this journey, my boyfriend wants no part of it, and I really want to surprise my family when I see them next (They live in another state) Although my clinic is great, I don't feel like I get tons of support from them.

So here is where I'm at now-- I had a great weigh in first week, 10.6 lbs but the past 2 weigh-ins have been discouraging. Last week I only lost 2 lbs on the scale and 4 lbs in fat, and this morning's weigh-in was even worse with less than a pound on the scale and 3.5 lbs of fat. I know it's great to be losing fat, but the scale is not moving!!! I asked the clinic what I should do, and she recommended more water and the B6 shot. I drink MINIMUM of 100 oz of water every day (3 large Smart waters)
I thought I would breeze through these first few weeks with weight loss, then start slowing down and plateauing, I didn't expect it to be this frustrating, this early. I could really use some words of wisdom right now...

Sorry this was so long, thanks for listening
Snick421, We will be your support system here. What do you mean your boyfriend wants no part of it? Does he think you don't need to lose weight or does he not like the program. Put your weight on your profile so we can see your progress and keep you encouraged. Also, you will be able to see the numbers every time you log on. Just think of how good you will feel when you see your body's transformation and how proud your family will be when they see you!
Closed Thread