Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilAnn
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/05/11
I've been reading all the posts on food and family. I have 2 kids with cystic fibrosis, so they are on the opposite diet as I am! They eat super high calorie and high fat. On Medi I am always eating something totally different than they are. I think making myself go without carbs, detoxing I guess, helped me not want those chips and pop tarts etc. as much. It is still hard to have them around though. I think I need to put a sign up by them. "Not worth it! Refocus!"

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I'm actually thinking of eliminating these foods in my house all together. Both of my kids AND my husband eat them, but none of them need this stuff. My husband can buy them if he wants, but my kids like healthy foods too, and can just as easily reach for something healthy as junk. Maybe I'll start eliminating one or two of their favorites each week by just not buying them. That would sure help me!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Getting ready

Hello Medi fans!

Today is the weigh in... I started Medi one year ago tomorrow. I have had much success but have gone back to some old habits as life got stressful. I am trying to nip it in the bud. So, I will update my weight and continue this journey with all of you.

I have some work to do. I have issues with food! I look forward to feeling better.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Best of luck Lea! I am having a protein only day today. I am doing things one day at a time. It's too overwhelming to think of it in terms of weeks, so I just think "today" will do protein only and I'll decide what I want to do tomorrow.

As far as my kids go. My girls are 8, 5, and 3. And they all eat better than I do.......lol I have just stressed the importance of making healthy choices so our bodies work the best. I don't tell them anything is "bad", and I do allow sugary stuff on occasion, but they know it's a treat. The fridge is always filled with fresh fruits and veggies that are cut up into bite size easy to grab pieces. Anytime they are hungry they can eat that. Our "snacks" are nutragrain bars, or granola bars. I don't buy cookies, chips, or crackers at home, but I do allow them when we are away from home (like yesterday we were at the science center and I got them a bag of chips with lunch). I do this so that they know it's okay to eat them every once in awhile, but most of the time we should eat heatlhy foods so it's best to not keep them in the house. So because of this my kids are happy with a salad with chicken on top. I do'nt fry anything, they eat homemade whole wheat waffles (I make them and freeze them), and oatmeal for breakfast. I pack their lunch for school every single day, which has lots of fruits, veggies, and a protein. And for dinner we have veggies, protein, and fruit for dessert.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

I wanted to add about my husband. He has problems with his blood sugar, he has been tested for both diabetes and hypoglecemia (pardon my spelling), and both were negative. Basically his diagnosis was "super high metabalism". Gotta love that. He weights about 135lbs, and is 5'9 He eats ALL the time. He never has liked sugary foods. His doctor told him to eat high calories, and high protein. So he eats what I eat but LOTS of it. He does keep some snacky foods in his office at work, but not at home. So we work really well togther. I don't think I've ever seen him eat a cookie, or eat a bowl of sugar cereal.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Lea,
I have found that not buying it and keeping it in the house helps me greatly!
I could not have done this diet a couple of years ago when all three kids were still at home. But, in January our last college student left the "nest" and it was the perfect time for me. With the awesome support of my DH and my commitment to NOT buy things I cant resist... it has worked well.

I know this doesn't help alot because your situation is with young children at home...but maybe you can gradually change their habits over time. We diagnosed my daughter with type 1 diabetes when she was 10 years old... so, our habits had to change drastically and fast (and she was "raised" on pop-tarts and sugar cereals...however, not the cause of TYPE 1).

You can do this...just give it some time and plan how you are going to ease out the old and introduce the new!

Wishing you blessings and much luck!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." ~ ~

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I'm actually thinking of eliminating these foods in my house all together. Both of my kids AND my husband eat them, but none of them need this stuff. My husband can buy them if he wants, but my kids like healthy foods too, and can just as easily reach for something healthy as junk. Maybe I'll start eliminating one or two of their favorites each week by just not buying them. That would sure help me!
Do it!!! I like Lins' idea. It's not that they can't have it but it is a treat for them when you are away from home. My daughter likes ice cream so I let that be her treat if we are out somewhere is she is being super good. However, I had her try the D'Lites ice cream since we have one in Tampa and she loves it so that is a plus. I just have them put sprinkles on hers.

Out of sight out of mind. Wean them down baby!

I do agree that there has to be a happy medium though. If they are completely forbidden they will just want it more later.

On another note, I hit 30 pounds lost today in 2 months!! YEAH! I've never done that before. My daughter is out of school this week so I took her with me to the appointment and when we left she said she was proud of me!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

I will add that on their birthday they get to pick whatever cakeish thing they want, and eat it everyday until it's gone. And on holidays like Christmas they each get to pick one dessert that they help me make. So I allow it at home on occasion, but it's always a special thing. This is also true of white bread. I don't have any "white" food in my house (bread, pasta, rice......) they don't know the difference.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Do it!!! I like Lins' idea. It's not that they can't have it but it is a treat for them when you are away from home. My daughter likes ice cream so I let that be her treat if we are out somewhere is she is being super good. However, I had her try the D'Lites ice cream since we have one in Tampa and she loves it so that is a plus. I just have them put sprinkles on hers.

Out of sight out of mind. Wean them down baby!

I do agree that there has to be a happy medium though. If they are completely forbidden they will just want it more later.

On another note, I hit 30 pounds lost today in 2 months!! YEAH! I've never done that before. My daughter is out of school this week so I took her with me to the appointment and when we left she said she was proud of me!
WTG 30 pounds in just 2 months is GREAT! KUTGW
Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
WTG 30 pounds in just 2 months is GREAT! KUTGW
Thanks, Mary! It feels good! One of my best friends told me today that he thinks I should stop now because I look so great. Nice to hear a compliment from a man who doesn't have to compliment me! However I am going to keep on going. I think I may lower the goal from 135 to 129 just to be in the 120's.

You've inspired me with the marathon you ran. Last year I wanted to do the Suan Komen 3 day walk for breast cancer but I knew my body wouldn't be able to handle it. My mom died of breast cancer a year and a half ago and I want to do it for her memory. Maybe this will be the year. It is at the end of October so if I start working at it now maybe I can do it!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilAnn
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/05/11
Yes Jodi! You have done/are doing SO great. Way to go!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Congratulations to all the losses this month! Hurray!!!!!

Come on over and join us in the June thread! It is up and running!

**Jubilantly and Joyously, We Welcome a MWL June**

Jo
Closed Thread