Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hooray!! For Mary!! so awesome that you did your 5k! And in this Florida heat, wow you ARE an inspiration. So proud of you

Well I'm still on the Medi band wagon, weighed in this week down one pound they asked me to do a little more exercise with weight. Two weeks ago it was to either slow down my workouts or eat more protein when I do workout. I'm still very confused and I to find the perfect balance and formula for my body. So off I go to the gym. Have a pleasant day everyone.

Peace Tiffany
Tiffany, Finding that "magic" formula is a huge obstacle for MANY of us......IF there was just one answer to that illusive question it would be EASY to do this, or any other program.......BUT it's all of the variations of age, height, weight, hormones, past dieting history, etc, etc that makes the challenge more daunting. I've been on this journey FAR longer than I ever intended. My advise is to NOT overthink things! As soon as I THINK I have "the formula" (for me) figured out.......nature steps in and shows me I don't have a clue! So don't worry too much about the little print out from the clinic.......a LOSS, is a LOSS......give yourself a pat on the back, and a high five for every tenth of a pound you lose, and move on to the next tenth of a pound.............any loss is better, than a gain. Now that I'm not at the clinic any more I find I don't even look at the breakdown of fat and water on my scale.....I ONLY look at weight.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and sure wish I would have gone BEFORE I started doing C25K (or at least before the 5K) SOME of the aches and pains I thought were from lack of flexability, turn out to be from my back being out or adjustment.......I feel SO much better!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpharmd View Post
Hi Karla,
I am a pharmacist and I know that there isn't anything over the counter that compares to phentermine or phendimetrazine. You could try Hoodia (an appetite suppressant), that works for some people--just double check for interactions with any medications you are taking.

I hope that helps!
Thank you so much!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Sorry I've been away so long... work and kids has been keeping me BUSY! I'm almost to my goal and can still proudly say I've never cheated.. not even one single bite. I say this with much pride as my lack of willpower has always gotten the best of me in the past. I love this diet and talk about it to everyone which I'm sure drives them nuts. :-) I'm going clothes shopping this weekend because I can no longer pin my 18W/20W and look presentable. It's time. I had a "back of my car" clothing giveaway at work yesterday and am facing a barren closet.
I do love my Zumba!! :-) Going to the beach next week and you better believe I'll be rockin a bikini because I CAN! (and because no one will be there that I know)

I really feel like Medi has saved my life. My physical and emotional life. :-)
Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Sorry I've been away so long... work and kids has been keeping me BUSY! I'm almost to my goal and can still proudly say I've never cheated.. not even one single bite. I say this with much pride as my lack of willpower has always gotten the best of me in the past. I love this diet and talk about it to everyone which I'm sure drives them nuts. :-) I'm going clothes shopping this weekend because I can no longer pin my 18W/20W and look presentable. It's time. I had a "back of my car" clothing giveaway at work yesterday and am facing a barren closet.
I do love my Zumba!! :-) Going to the beach next week and you better believe I'll be rockin a bikini because I CAN! (and because no one will be there that I know)

I really feel like Medi has saved my life. My physical and emotional life. :-)
That is fantastic. I can read your pride in your words. It must feel really great to almost be a goal. Keep up the good job.

Last edited by betty_going_85; 05-26-2011 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Just popping in to say 'HI'! I just got home from Jacksonville, where I finished my first 5K! I didn't run the whole way, but finished 50th out of 125 in MY age group of women! The race was HUGE with 6000 participants.....I think NEXT year it will be even bigger. It was HOT outside, even running on the beach with a nice breeze. I heard it was 92 when the race started! We had been lined up in the heat for an hour while the race sponsers all spoke then everyone started at the same time. We had "chips" on our shoes that recorded when we actually got to the starting line, and again when we crossed the finish line. It took over a minute just to make it to the starting point from where we were in the pack! It was a GREAT experience, and I will keep working on my C25K so the next 5K I do, I'll be able to run the whole way!

We also booked a cruise for Thanksgiving!
Mary you rock! I am so happy to hear that your 5K went so well. Thanks to you and others on this board I downloaded the program you told me about and started week one. So far so good! Keeep up the great work, you are an inspiration
Old 05-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katertot
Stats: 230/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 18, 2011
Down 11.7 for May *yay

Congrats Mary on your 5k! You're my hero since I can't walk to the top of my street without getting flushed and winded. This Florida heat is bruuuuuutal!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
I'm back!

Hello Gang!

June 2nd will be one year since starting Medi. I can say I'm very happy with the program. About 2 months ago I went on vacation and then flu (ugh!) I basically fell back to old habits. I have made an appointment for next week and look forward to sharing and receiving support. This blog plays a key role in the success of the program.

I will finally come out of "just reading" and continue my journey. looking forward to getting to know you all
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I had a successful weigh-in today . The weight loss has definitely slowed down but I'm happy that the number keeps going down. Since joining Dec 28th of 2010 I have not had 1 week where I gained and that is a major accomplishment. I've tried so many diets over the course of my life and this one by far is the best. I have lost 53.8 pounds so far and my blood pressure is good without taking the meds now for 3 weeks.

Anyway, I pray that you all have a safe and great memorial day weekend.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
I had a successful weigh-in today . The weight loss has definitely slowed down but I'm happy that the number keeps going down. Since joining Dec 28th of 2010 I have not had 1 week where I gained and that is a major accomplishment. I've tried so many diets over the course of my life and this one by far is the best. I have lost 53.8 pounds so far and my blood pressure is good without taking the meds now for 3 weeks.

Anyway, I pray that you all have a safe and great memorial day weekend.
WTG! That is something to be VERY proud of! DH is still on BP meds, and probably always will be, but he's taking a lot less, and the ones he takes are doing a much better job of controlling his BP! I hope you have a GREAT weekend as well!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Happy long weekend everybody!

There are new names, returning names, and oldie but goody names (LCF MWL blog members) on this site. I'm so glad you are all here! We need each other!!

I miss the former names too. Susie are you reading? How is your arm post-op? Lea? Erin? Jo? Sono MWL friend?

Hope you all have a wonderful, safe, thankful Memorial weekend!!

Blessings,
Debbie
Old 05-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just checking in! Maintance sucks, but I'm hanging in there! We are busy with end of the year activies. We have 8 more days of school until summer and I can't wait. I love having my girls home with me all summer. We have lots of fun activies plan.

My running has slowed down a but because of the 90 degree weather, but we joined the YMCA so I will be working out indoors and spending a lot of time in the pool.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Just checking in! Maintance sucks, but I'm hanging in there! We are busy with end of the year activies. We have 8 more days of school until summer and I can't wait. I love having my girls home with me all summer. We have lots of fun activies plan.

My running has slowed down a but because of the 90 degree weather, but we joined the YMCA so I will be working out indoors and spending a lot of time in the pool.
Lins:

I hear you on the 90 degree weather! I used to enjoy walking in the morning and now it is even too hot to do that. I cleared the clothes off of my old elliptical and have been using that instead.

I'm looking forward to maintenance.... maybe in July I'll get there. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - I have 90 days til oldest DD's wedding. What would you suggest for the quickest way to lose the 20 lbs I have so that I can fit back in to my mother of the bride dress? I know that you lost about 15 lbs recently when you came back after regaining. Do you have a food blog somewhere?You say that "maintenance sucks" - how has this been so for YOU. I know for me it was just difficult to add in foods and not overindulge. I got tired of counting calories. I've been watching it the past week--did 3 days pretty well and lost 4 lbs and have kept it off. Still have 20 to go!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Deb-I lost 8lbs the first week, when I went back on week 1, so that really helped. I only had 16 to lose, so I was half done in just a week, but I think that was rare. Other than that I don't have any advice. Right now I am in a "do well for a week or two, then get tired of it, gain a few pounds, freak out, and do well for a week or to again" cycle. That's why I say it sucks. I also know that this cycle goes along with another "cycle" of mine, so that doesn't help. I have a hard time just staying level. I gain 5-7lbs, and lose it over and over again. My biggest problem is that when I hit the low 130's I relax and end up eating more junk (mainly sugar cereal....it's my biggest craving). Then I have to go back to an acute style eating for awhile to lose the 5 or so lbs. And then I do it all over again.

When was the last time you were in ketosis? If it's been awhile then I say start there (I know how hard that can be). It wouldn't hurt to go back on an AS for a month or so too. Other than that I say stick to the basics (high protein low fat foods, and avoid salt), and get lots and lots of exercise. And as always make sure to drink lots of water to keep the wate weight at bay.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
My biggest problem is that when I hit the low 130's I relax and end up eating more junk (mainly sugar cereal....it's my biggest craving). Then I have to go back to an acute style eating for awhile to lose the 5 or so lbs. And then I do it all over again.
Stupid cereal is going to be the death of me.

Your whole post is my life. Relax at the low end, eat the junk, get too high, freak out, start all over. And it's the part about eat the junk that I can't stop. I have NOT changed my way of life or my way of eating at all. I did on plan, every single day. And I did on maintenance for a time, but I allowed that piece of cake on my birthday (in SEPTEMBER) and haven't been able to resist the carbs since. I can't tell you how much I wish these foods were out of my life forever, but I keep giving in.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Lins and Lea - It's such a CRIME that strong women can be put down and feel defeated by the stupidest simple carbohydrate!! Grrr!!! We MUST eat. Why don't we just have a world of only the right foods!!??! If we were alcoholics we could lick the habit and never go back. No one HAS to drink alcohol. But people HAVE to eat! It's everywhere....and many times it's free! Just trying to temp us....and when we've reached goal we go back to it with a newfound confidence....but it still has it's lure and makes us lust for the satisfaction of a quick sugar or fat fix. I hate this battle!! I want a different way to do maintenance. I do NOT want to count calories. I'm so sick of calories!

Has anyone done the Weight Watchers system lately? Unfortunately, again it's counting...but points, which I don't understand.

Does anyone have a simpler solution? Susie?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Lins and Lea - It's such a CRIME that strong women can be put down and feel defeated by the stupidest simple carbohydrate!! Grrr!!! We MUST eat. Why don't we just have a world of only the right foods!!??! If we were alcoholics we could lick the habit and never go back. No one HAS to drink alcohol. But people HAVE to eat! It's everywhere....and many times it's free! Just trying to temp us....and when we've reached goal we go back to it with a newfound confidence....but it still has it's lure and makes us lust for the satisfaction of a quick sugar or fat fix. I hate this battle!! I want a different way to do maintenance. I do NOT want to count calories. I'm so sick of calories!

Has anyone done the Weight Watchers system lately? Unfortunately, again it's counting...but points, which I don't understand.

Does anyone have a simpler solution? Susie?
Boy, does that sound like me!! I've said a 1,000 times, I wish I had an addiction to something - ANYTHING - that I could walk away from forever. Food can never be eliminated. And it's really hard to make the right choice every day, several times a day, day in and day out for the rest of our lives. I'm so sick of the daily struggle. And Deb, I'm with you - why does there even have to BE these crazy, addictive foods? WHO INVENTED LUCKY CHARMS???? Aaaaaaaargh! I hate the simplicity of these foods. They're so yummy, so quick and easy, so tempting and so dang bad for you. With two kids AND a husband who love these foods, it's impossible not to buy them and then be tempted. A quick inventory - cereals in the cabinet RIGHT NOW: Lucky Charms, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran Crunch, Cocoa Pebbles, Reese's Puffs, Eggo Waffles, Oh's, Honey Bunches of Oats Strawberry, and over on the rights, Fiber One original and Special K Protein Plus.

Yeah, open that cabinet when cereal pops into your head and ALWAYS reach for the Fiber One or Special K. Stupid cereal.

Last edited by tydreamer; 05-29-2011 at 01:28 AM..
Old 05-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Boy, does that sound like me!! I've said a 1,000 times, I wish I had an addiction to something - ANYTHING - that I could walk away from forever. Food can never be eliminated. And it's really hard to make the right choice every day, several times a day, day in and day out for the rest of our lives. I'm so sick of the daily struggle. And Deb, I'm with you - why does there even have to BE these crazy, addictive foods? WHO INVENTED LUCKY CHARMS???? Aaaaaaaargh! I hate the simplicity of these foods. They're so yummy, so quick and easy, so tempting and so dang bad for you. With two kids AND a husband who love these foods, it's impossible not to buy them and then be tempted. A quick inventory - cereals in the cabinet RIGHT NOW: Lucky Charms, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran Crunch, Cocoa Pebbles, Reese's Puffs, Eggo Waffles, Oh's, Honey Bunches of Oats Strawberry, and over on the rights, Fiber One original and Special K Protein Plus.

Yeah, open that cabinet when cereal pops into your head and ALWAYS reach for the Fiber One or Special K. Stupid cereal.
I'm still in the acute phase so I am reading this with anticipation for what is to come! I too have a problem with "if it is in my house I want to eat it". I have a 5 year old and I've decided that junk isn't what she should be putting in her body either. I'm starting to think it is going to be harder to switch her out of it then me. Has anyone tired to get their kids to eat more like we are? Not so low carb but just eliminating things like Lucky Charms and Eggo Waffles?
Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Thanks to all who have been sharing their challenges. I for one have been treading water at my current weight for almost two months --- up a couple down a couple. I wanted to get to my goal quickly, feel good and start adding foods back. But the reality is, I have not been as careful as I should be and that's why I'm not losing. I'm learning that this journey is not going to have an end date for me. Food will always be my challenge.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Hello To All

I posted a couple of times, but wanted to just jump back in to give you all an update. First I love to see how everyone is doing and it helps to read the issues some of you face with the up 5lbs then down and so on. I am on my 6th week of Medi. I am doing on my one (can't afford). Iam on 550 cals a day sometimes 600, walk 2miles 3x week, 20 min workout 2-3 times a week. I am now at 151 it has been slow for me I dont know what the heck it is. I have tried to go bace to week 1 last week and still seem to be moving slow. I would like to know from you experts what else I could do to help me along. I do drink at the low end 100oz and on a good day over 130oz of water. Please Please Help. Thanks Everyone! Oh the big news I went over yesterday with bbq to 1000 cals. YIKES. Iam beating myself up but, I do know what is done is done. Ready to move on and get some HELP
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I'm still in the acute phase so I am reading this with anticipation for what is to come! I too have a problem with "if it is in my house I want to eat it". I have a 5 year old and I've decided that junk isn't what she should be putting in her body either. I'm starting to think it is going to be harder to switch her out of it then me. Has anyone tired to get their kids to eat more like we are? Not so low carb but just eliminating things like Lucky Charms and Eggo Waffles?
I have it easier than many of you because DH and I are both eating low carb, and lower fat, plus we don't have kids at home, so we don't have to constantly battle what they see on TV, or at their friends homes. That said,
I remember as a young overweight Mom that I was NOT popular with my kids, because I would NOT buy my kids sugared cereals EVER (I limited other pre sugared things too), or the Lunchables that they wanted to take to school for lunch (I felt that there was just WAAAAY too much packaging, and I was really into ecology). I was VERY aware of what my kids ate, because I didn't want them to repeat MY life.....especially the yo-yo dieting. Looking back now I see we still didn't always cook as healthy as we could have, but we DID cook at home......REAL cooking, not just opening a package and heating. I was appalled by nasty things like Pop-Tarts, Hamburger Helper, and instant oatmeal. My kids drank water, low fat or skim milk, instead of soda.......BUT I didn't set a good example.....I stopped drinking milk when the Dr. told me to buy only 1% or skim milk, and started drinking more soda (changing to diet, but still too much soda and not enough water). They saw me with an attitude of "I'll lose weight NOW, then I can eat what I want"! I always had a reason NOT to exercise, yet I encouraged them to take part in sports. I put everyone else first, and that is the wrong message to send!

Now my kids are adults, and both have, or are struggling with weight. My DS is a little overweight, doesn't exercise, and they eat out or get take out more than they cook at home (MUCH more). He believes that being popular with his kids is a good thing (of course he doesn't say that)......I believe that he needs to be a parent FIRST and foremost and that doesn't mean buying/giving/feeding your kids everything they want.......I want HIM to be the adult, and make choices that will impact his childrens health.......children don't have the capacity to make these choices. He does what makes HIM feel good in the moment, not what is best for his kids (by giving into their DEMANDS)! Kids SHOULD NOT always come first! (JMHO) That is NOT real life. YOUR child (or in this case MY grandchildren) are NOT the end all, and be all of the whole world! We are in charge of teaching our children to be adults, and we can't GIVE them everything, then expect them to magically fit into the world where they have to WORK.....that means in school, or the work place. WE have to choose what is best for our kids to learn, and to teach them that all they have to do is WANT something, and they get it is NOT helping them! I LOVE my son, but I'm not sure where he came up with this parenting style.

DD is working HARD to change her life, to become healthy. Her life had spiraled downward, for the past couple of years. She had started eating out a lot, drinking a lot, started to smoke, was not exercising, and gained weight, became depressed, and angry. Now she has taken control/responsibility of her life. She stopped eating all of those take-out meals, or dining out, and has started cooking "REAL" food. She doesn't drink or smoke, has started exercising, and so far has dropped 40 pounds. She is no longer depressed, and is much happier. She finally CHOSE to give up her beloved Pop-Tarts ! Last weekend she told me she couldn't believe she ever put them into her body! Hurray She isn't doing REAL low carb, but at least has given up sugar!

Be STRONG!! look out for your childrens health.....IMHO that is YOUR job, if it's not healthy for you to put sugar into your body, it isn't healthy for your kids either. YOU are the one with the money, YOU are the one buying this stuff, YOU choose what your 5 yo eats! Even if you say your child won't eat anything except this or that.......believe me when they get hungry enough that apple, or those strawberries, or grapes taste mighty good!

OK, I'm getting off of my soapbox

Last edited by Mary T8M; 05-30-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Mary:

Thanks for sharing that! I completely agree with you. I don't allow the sugary cereals, pop tarts, soda, etc... in my house because I don't want my daughter to eat them. This was prior to me dieting. When she goes to school they give her gummy bears as treats and have had several occassions where they make the kids cotton candy. I am always so proud when her teachers tell me that she said she isn't allowed to have that stuff.

When I grew up we had all that garbage in my house and I've been struggling with yo-yo diets my entire life. We didn't drink water as a beverage, we drank Pepsi! Ironically, I can not stand drinking sodas and have no trouble drinking my 128 ounces of water.

My daughter made me so proud a few hours ago when she requested a banana for her 10am snack. When she was done she asked for a plate of broccoli! YEAH!!! She sees her friends eating Cheetoes and Twinkies and doesn't understand why we don't have them in our house. The biggest trouble I am having is explaining to her friend's parents that I don't want her to eat that stuff when they offer it to her. I get strange looks like "why not? they enjoy it."

I feel like the most important thing I can do at this age is help her to make healthy choices when I am not there to explain to her that I am not buying her a bag of Cheetoes. I wish the schools would be more receptive to healthy snacks for the kids too. I pack her lunch and I've packed snacks before but they forget about the snacks and she eats cookies and junk as snacks.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

It's all around us....I remember being in 7th grade and mom "hid" the prepackaged treats she'd put in lunch boxes in a canvas zippered and locked suitcase. Such a bad kid, I got my 6 year old younger sister to stick her hand in the unzipped but still locked suitcase and pull out treats for us four kids. I talked to my mom about this (confession!) about 5 months ago....she said she NEVER knew! That sweet, salty treat has become such an ingrained "right" in the minds of Americans. And sneaking around to get that treat then made/makes it easy for me to lie to myself about it's lure all the rest of my life!

What is YOUR earliest memory of getting your fix for bad eating met? This is not to celebrate bad eating. But, rather, to be realistic that we lie to ourselves about our willpower "next" time with the foods that we have a past bad history with. It's TRUTH telling. Today is Memorial Day. Let's think of this war on food, be realistic, and tell ourselves the truth. To those that have served our country (like my Dad, USAF for 27 years)...thank you, thank you for your service to our Nation!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Moving from Energy In/Energy Out...

Quote:
Lea and Lins,
I too have a fridge full of strawberries, grapes, oranges, apples, and dried fruit. Oldest DD is coming to town on Thurs, Jun 2nd, then I go with her to Tx to move her into a new place for her new job. So, I'll be coming back home on Sun and will start week one on Monday, June 6th. Hold me to it! Between now and then I'll try to avoid emotional eating [huge commitment!] and not try to lose but make pretty good choices. I've been riding my bike. 2 miles yesterday, 2 miles today.
I'm going to start week one officially on Wednesday. I started Medi on a wednesday so like the idea of a restart on that day, PLUS, it's June 1st and THAT sounds like a good day for a restart. So far today I've only had protein, but will have fruit as the day goes on. Debbie, I AM going to hold you to starting anew on June 6th. The best thing to do until then is exactly what you have planned - making good choices.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Good, Lea! Thanks!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What is YOUR earliest memory of getting your fix for bad eating met? This is not to celebrate bad eating. But, rather, to be realistic that we lie to ourselves about our willpower "next" time with the foods that we have a past bad history with. It's TRUTH telling. Today is Memorial Day. Let's think of this war on food, be realistic, and tell ourselves the truth. To those that have served our country (like my Dad, USAF for 27 years)...thank you, thank you for your service to our Nation!
I don't remember an exact moment since it was just allowed in our house. My mom said that when she was a kid she had to eat what her mom made her and there were no other options. She said that she vowed not to do that to her kids so if she made chicken and veggies for dinner and I didn't want it I could have a bowl of cereal if that is what I chose. She meant well. She passed away a few years ago and my father has lost about 70 pounds since because he lives with my brother now who makes healthier food and believes in portion control. I miss her so much but my memories of her usually involve food.

On another note... yes, THANK YOU so much to all that have served and are serving our country!!! The make sacrifices for us daily so that we can enjoy our freedoms!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Well, I am proud and upset with myself at the same time. I was able to lose 23 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then Friday I got a stomach virus and decided to eat some carbs that would help "coat" my stomach. With Memorial Day weekend here, it was a segway to go back to my normal eating patter BUT I must add I still had no sodas and no sweets. Just a little bread and grits. Anyways...now I am getting myself on track to do week one again this week. I'm on a mission and can't let this detour me!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's all around us....I remember being in 7th grade and mom "hid" the prepackaged treats she'd put in lunch boxes in a canvas zippered and locked suitcase. Such a bad kid, I got my 6 year old younger sister to stick her hand in the unzipped but still locked suitcase and pull out treats for us four kids. I talked to my mom about this (confession!) about 5 months ago....she said she NEVER knew! That sweet, salty treat has become such an ingrained "right" in the minds of Americans. And sneaking around to get that treat then made/makes it easy for me to lie to myself about it's lure all the rest of my life!

WOW this is taking some thinking on my part.....as a really small kid I was, well..... SMALL......I had Rheumatic Fever, and was tiny. My Mom struggled to get me to gain weight. I was restricted from running or doing anything that would stress my heart. My Mom didn't allow sugary stuff, because SHE didn't like it. I never even TASTED a chocolate chip cookie until I was in 4th grade (Honest). We lived in a tiny town in Nebraska, and there was NO fast food.....NO pizza for many years. I had my first "pizza" (I later found out it was not what most pizza tasted like) when I was in first grade, and didn't like it. My Mom used to bake when my brothers were little and she stayed home, but my dad died when I was 3 and she went to work, so never baked much after that. I think that made anything she baked such a treat that I CRAVED it.......and baked things are STILL my downfall. By high school I was around 130 (needed to be around 115) so that started my yo-yo dieting. I LOVED all food. We still didn't have baked stuff around the house, or chips, or sweets......but I COULD, and DID buy them once I started working. I weighed 158-159 when I got pregnant with both kids, but lost weight after to get back to about 130. I discovered Ding-Dongs in nursing school (I was married, with 2 kids by then), so they became my favorite breakfast washed down by a regular Pepsi! I decided to "get healthy" during my 3rd yr of school, and once again got down to about 130, but when my Mom died I balooned back up.

I'd probably have to say anything baked like cinnamon rolls, cake, pie, cookies are my achilles heal
Old 05-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

sorry I didn't check my spelling.....I should have written HEEL, not heAl
Old 05-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilAnn
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/140
Start Date: 4/05/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
Hi April, everyone loses at different speeds. I do carb up sometimes. My dietician laughes at me because I come in and say "I ate too many carbs" only to go on to tell her I had "Special K" or a something similar. My "cheats' are not macaroni and cheese or fettucini alfredo...I just eat a balanced meal, but substitute my usual breakfast or dinner with something "carb healthy" meaning not fatty or high in sodium.
On the other hand, I am exercising regularly and when I do extra I am able to burn off those carbs.
Thanks Baysidegal. I appreciate your response. I think it was hard to be told to cheat when I've been trying so hard NOT to! The "carb healthy" idea makes a lot of sense.
Closed Thread