Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
It was just my local place Stephany not a health food chain. I would recommend going on the website for the company (lean on me baking. com ) and then you can find a store near you that carries it. THey have a link to that there. (Find a store near me)
You can also view the nutritional information and see other products that they have.

You can also order, from this other website for gluten free people, online- BUT since many of the products require it to be frozen when shipped, they charge you an extra $20 for a product that is only : $3.15-3.97. I would try to find it locally if possible.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Kristine29; 05-12-2011 at 06:39 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
I had my week 4 weigh-in this morning and I was down 4.6 lbs yayy! It was all fat which was awesome, but that also means I'm STILL struggling with water weight
Today she recommended I closely monitor my sodium intake (Which I admit, I haven't been doing enough, I looove beef jerky!) But she also recommended water pills. (Expecially the couple days before TOM)
Since you have all been so helpful, what do you think about taking water pills? I've heard mixed emotions on this site so I'm confused
Has anyone had any success with them? Or even any horror stories?

Oh, this week's weigh-in brought me into the 190's...first time in over 6 years I've seen that number...
Congratulations! 4.6 and all fat is fantastic! I am having the same problem with the water. I lost 3.8 of fat this week but only 2.4 pounds because I gained a pound of water. I'm going to ask about water pills next week.

BTW, I just went to D'Lites (they have a couple in Tampa) and it was soooo good. Got a small ice cream with 50 calories and 4 grams of carbs. It was a good pick me up.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Do any of you have advice for how to stay on plan during vacation? I am eager for some advice!
Love You all here, You all are such wonderful supporters and I admire your willigness to share your struggles, highs, and lows
Just remember this... it tastes so good for the minute or 2 that you eat it, but afterwards you feel sick and wish you hadn't. They sick regret feeling last a lot longer than the blissful eating moment.

You can do it!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I woke up to a very pleasant surprise this morning! After such a long time of being at 148 (I got a new scale that weighs me 3 pounds heavier) I didn't change my stats until I hit 147 on the NEW scale which I did YESTERDAY (so I had REALLY lost 4 pounds by that time)......THEN today when I weighed I was at 146!! I was SO excited I even had Bill come in and look at it! I can't remember the last time I was 146! It's SO great to have the scale start moving in the right direction again!

For those of you in Orlando tell me where I can find a really good/great seafood restaurant. I'm NOT looking for decor, just GREAT food.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I had my weigh-in today and it was ok. At least I lost some weight so I'm happy about that. I'm now under 200 pounds so I'm REALLY happy. Total lost to date is 50.4 pounds. I wanted to be under 200 by my birthday and I've made that.

So have a nice weekend all and let's keep reaching our goals. Sometimes the going gets tough but we have to stay positive!!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I woke up to a very pleasant surprise this morning! After such a long time of being at 148 (I got a new scale that weighs me 3 pounds heavier) I didn't change my stats until I hit 147 on the NEW scale which I did YESTERDAY (so I had REALLY lost 4 pounds by that time)......THEN today when I weighed I was at 146!! I was SO excited I even had Bill come in and look at it! I can't remember the last time I was 146! It's SO great to have the scale start moving in the right direction again!

For those of you in Orlando tell me where I can find a really good/great seafood restaurant. I'm NOT looking for decor, just GREAT food.

Congrats to you Mary. You are an inspiration because you never give up. That is something that I need to learn.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Congrats to you Mary. You are an inspiration because you never give up. That is something that I need to learn.
Thanks Betty......you're no slouch yourself

It really IS a good day all around. My Netrition order also arrived. I didn't order much this time, because I was pressed for time when I ordered. I got 2 little bottles of the EZ Sweetz (liquid Splenda) I love it....all the sweetness none of the carbs that are found in regular Splenda. I bought my Syntrax vanilla Protein powder (I think this is called "sweets") 100 calories for 1 full scoop, and again 0 carbs. Then I also bought the Konjac glucomannan powder. (it's what Miracle Noodles are made from) I found several recipes on the LCF recipe board. I think I'll use it in shakes (it's supposed to be LESS slimy than some other thickeners), and maybe try it to make gravy. Some people use it as straight fiber to give them a full feeling.....I probably won't use it like that, but it's always a possibility.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
I had my weigh-in today and it was ok. At least I lost some weight so I'm happy about that. I'm now under 200 pounds so I'm REALLY happy. Total lost to date is 50.4 pounds. I wanted to be under 200 by my birthday and I've made that.

So have a nice weekend all and let's keep reaching our goals. Sometimes the going gets tough but we have to stay positive!!!!!
50 POUNDS!!!! That is AMAZING!!! Great job Betty!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Thanks Betty......you're no slouch yourself

It really IS a good day all around. My Netrition order also arrived. I didn't order much this time, because I was pressed for time when I ordered. I got 2 little bottles of the EZ Sweetz (liquid Splenda) I love it....all the sweetness none of the carbs that are found in regular Splenda. I bought my Syntrax vanilla Protein powder (I think this is called "sweets") 100 calories for 1 full scoop, and again 0 carbs. Then I also bought the Konjac glucomannan powder. (it's what Miracle Noodles are made from) I found several recipes on the LCF recipe board. I think I'll use it in shakes (it's supposed to be LESS slimy than some other thickeners), and maybe try it to make gravy. Some people use it as straight fiber to give them a full feeling.....I probably won't use it like that, but it's always a possibility.
Congratulations, Mary on your loss! I was watching you sticking to your eating plan (reading your postings about what you ate) and not giving in to temptations for all these weeks without single pound loss. I admire you - for the life of me - I cannot do it. If I am not seeing a result of my efforts in a week or so - I get so dsicouraged and just binge, then get upset that I binged and start the diet again and vicious cycle continues...

How do you do that? What do you tell yourself?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Seafood in Orlando

Quote:

I find that High Tide Harrys has really fresh seafood at reasonable prices. It definitely isn't fancy - but yummy!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

Congratulations, Betty.You are half way through but do not think about it - One day a time. I needed to lose 100 lb too and it seemed like an impossible task but I did it in 9 months, acually lowered my original weight goal as I was approaching 100 lb mark. Yes, it was difficult at times but doable. Happy birthday - this is the best gift that you can get - losing 50 lb. Be proud, stay positive, you will get to your goal!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Mary,
When will you be in Orlando? I will be flying there Wednesday to see my sister-in-law and niece!
Debbie
Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Mary,
When will you be in Orlando? I will be flying there Wednesday to see my sister-in-law and niece!
Debbie
Oh darn we won't be there for a couple weeks....On Wednesday we'll be on our way to Jacksonville for our 5K on Saturday. How long will you be staying? I'd love to meet up with you.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
I find that High Tide Harrys has really fresh seafood at reasonable prices. It definitely isn't fancy - but yummy!
Oh I forgot all about this place! We ate there once....had GREAT grilled red snapper! Thanks for the reminder
Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Congratulations, Mary on your loss! I was watching you sticking to your eating plan (reading your postings about what you ate) and not giving in to temptations for all these weeks without single pound loss. I admire you - for the life of me - I cannot do it. If I am not seeing a result of my efforts in a week or so - I get so dsicouraged and just binge, then get upset that I binged and start the diet again and vicious cycle continues...

How do you do that? What do you tell yourself?
WOW You've had such GREAT results......I STILL haven't gotten to goal and it's been over a year! I can't attest to what it will be like when I REALLY start maintenance......I spent several months NOT losing (much anyway) so I changed my thinking, and told myself I WAS in maintenance. Now I think my body has adjusted to the new weight and is willing to let go of more pounds! At least that's what I'm hoping, so I'm back to the acute phase!

As far as sticking to my eating plan goes, I have it pretty easy. Since Bill has been on this journey with me, I don't have the temptation that a lot of other people do. We just don't have much carby foods in the house. I can avoid almonds fairly well (unless we're traveling by car, then I want to nibble for the whole trip) so what I have to watch is serving sizes.

I TRY look at things on a bigger scale. IF I screwed up, I screwed up, but I get over it, and get right back on plan. I do focus on how I physically feel AFTER I eat sugary things.......and it isn't good.....no energy, bloaty, sleepy. but I'm a firm believer in giving myself a break.......I have worked REALLY hard at shutting off negative talk in my head....it doesn't always work, but I try! I'm proud of how I look, and LOVE how I feel.....I'll never do anything to jeopardize what I've done......You've done SO great, be proud of you too, and don't beat yourself up.....that never works anyway! it only makes you want to eat more!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Do any of you have advice for how to stay on plan during vacation? I am eager for some advice!
Love You all here, You all are such wonderful supporters and I admire your willigness to share your struggles, highs, and lows
Rachel,
I spent last weekend in New Orleans at a huge family wedding. I was scared my willpower would not hold out! All in all, I think I managed pretty well. My biggest piece of advice is... don't beat yourself up about stepping off plan once or twice. My two indulgences were a slice of the bride's cake and a beignet at the Cafe Du Monde in the French Market. I stayed on plan otherwise. For instance, gumbo without rice was still awesome.

It's your vacation. Enjoy! You will do great!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
I wanted to share this quick recipe with you all. I made it up today. I took silken tofu (only 2 carbs) and put it in a blender with unsweetened cocoa powder, and 2-3 splenda packets, some cinnamon, some vanilla, and mix. Delicious! Could be a thick chocolate shake or pudding if you let it sit long enough. Very satisfying.

Actually you can mix the above with cream cheese and then you have created a sort of cheesecake.

Last edited by Kristine29; 05-16-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Finally Down 40 Pounds!!!!

I'm almost there! Two more pounds till my goal weight!!! However, now I think I should actually lower it. I just started out thinking: 40 pounds. That would get me 20% of my body weight and hopefully lead to better overall health--maybe lower my blood pressure and help avert diabetes! But I would LOVE to see the 150s in my lifetime again!!! I have not been this weight in YEARS AND YEARS!!! I actually RAN for about two blocks of my walk today! I NEVER run! Medi and all of you have been so great and inspirational! Thanks everyone!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post
Rachel,
I spent last weekend in New Orleans at a huge family wedding. I was scared my willpower would not hold out! All in all, I think I managed pretty well. My biggest piece of advice is... don't beat yourself up about stepping off plan once or twice. My two indulgences were a slice of the bride's cake and a beignet at the Cafe Du Monde in the French Market. I stayed on plan otherwise. For instance, gumbo without rice was still awesome.

It's your vacation. Enjoy! You will do great!
I loved reading your success story! THANKS a lot!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
It was just my local place Stephany not a health food chain. I would recommend going on the website for the company (lean on me baking. com ) and then you can find a store near you that carries it. THey have a link to that there. (Find a store near me)
You can also view the nutritional information and see other products that they have.

You can also order, from this other website for gluten free people, online- BUT since many of the products require it to be frozen when shipped, they charge you an extra $20 for a product that is only : $3.15-3.97. I would try to find it locally if possible.
Hope this helps.
Thank you Kristine
Old 05-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
I'm almost there! Two more pounds till my goal weight!!! However, now I think I should actually lower it. I just started out thinking: 40 pounds. That would get me 20% of my body weight and hopefully lead to better overall health--maybe lower my blood pressure and help avert diabetes! But I would LOVE to see the 150s in my lifetime again!!! I have not been this weight in YEARS AND YEARS!!! I actually RAN for about two blocks of my walk today! I NEVER run! Medi and all of you have been so great and inspirational! Thanks everyone!!!!!
Hooray for you!!!! I need to catch up :blush:
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Peach Pinapple Chicken Recipe

I haven't been on here for a week but I am so happy to see so many great results. Everyone is kicking butt!!

I just made something for lunch and wanted to share it. It was delicious and so easy.

Ingredients: Chicken tenderloin strips (white meat boneless and skinless)
Garden Fresh Gourmet Peach Pinapple Salsa (you can get at Publix)
Allegro Original Marinade (you can get at Netrition)

Directions: Put 2 chicken strips in bag with marinade and put in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side. Serve with 2 tablespoons of salsa.

Garden Fresh Peach Pineapple Salsa has 10 calories and 2 grams of carbs for 2 tablespoons

Allegro Original Marinade has 10 calories and 1 gram of carbs for 1 tablespoon
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Yeah -- that's a major milestone! Congrats!
~Roni
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
I am just trying to check in with everyone. I am trying to find time to check in everyday. It has just been really busy with school coming to an end. I hope everyone has a great day.

Dionne
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Well, today is my birthday and although I didn't reach the mini goal that I sat for myself I am still proud of what I accomplished up to this point. I wanted to be 190 but for the last 6 weeks my body fought me every day. But I'm really HAPPY that I am not where I was last year this time.

So, today I'm celebrating life and I'm happy. I'm happy for God blessing me to see another year. I'm happy because I found medi weightloss and that I'm feeling good about myself. I'm happy that I finally know what I need to do to get healthy and I've learned to have patience during this journey. I'm happy that I found this forum and all of you because you all provide encouragement when it seems that this thing just isn't working.

Any last but not least I am happy that I have a beautiful family that has been so supportive of me during this process.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilAnn
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/140
Start Date: 4/05/11
Cheat meals???

Hi everyone! I'm needing some advice. I am in week 7. I do 500-600 cal. protein, no cheats. Exercise is spin 3 times and C25K 3 times a week. (I sometimes skip one of those things per week.) I have had very small losses the past few weeks. Only half a pound each week. I am at getting super frustrated. My clinic keeps told me to have cheat meals to boost my metabolism. This scares me. What do you all think of this idea? Have any of you had low numbers and used cheat meals to boost weight loss? I'm confused and annoyed with myself!!! I guess I want or expect a few pounds every week, and I know that doesn't always happen... I just don't feel like my clinic is taking it seriously. They keep telling me to look at my first week loss. I don't care about my first week! I care about this week! I've lost less in the last 5 weeks total than I did in my first week.
-April
Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
Well, today is my birthday and although I didn't reach the mini goal that I sat for myself I am still proud of what I accomplished up to this point. I wanted to be 190 but for the last 6 weeks my body fought me every day. But I'm really HAPPY that I am not where I was last year this time.

So, today I'm celebrating life and I'm happy. I'm happy for God blessing me to see another year. I'm happy because I found medi weightloss and that I'm feeling good about myself. I'm happy that I finally know what I need to do to get healthy and I've learned to have patience during this journey. I'm happy that I found this forum and all of you because you all provide encouragement when it seems that this thing just isn't working.

Any last but not least I am happy that I have a beautiful family that has been so supportive of me during this process.
Happy birthday, Betty! And, congratulations on your weight loss!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
Happy birthday, Betty! And, congratulations on your weight loss!
Thanks Peagle.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrn grl View Post

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Thanks Suthrn grl!!!
Closed Thread