Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Do you think a 10 pound range for someone of my height/weight/frame is acceptable? I keep saying that I'm either gaining or losing and I'm wondering if it isn't more of my body's natural fluctuations from day to day that I'm seeing on the scale. I can easily go up or down 10 pounds in a week. That's GOT to be water retention, right? I can see 158 one day and three days later, it's 153. Then two more days and it's 156. I keep flipping out because I want to consistently be 150, but that just doesn't happen every day. I've seen as high as 160 only to have five pounds disappear over nite. So do you think a range of 150 to 160 is okay? Or should I say 145 to 155? Altho I haven't seen 145 since November right after hitting goal. I still wear the same size clothes whether I'm at 145 or 160 - probably because I'm so tall that the weight is distributed over a larger area! Help!
Lea - I have a definite fluctuation dayto day....when it's been good days right in a row I am 156-158, but then the next day can very easily be 162/163. I know when i go over 160 it's that i need to get back in check (not so much that I am eating poorly, but not enough water and too much of the right foods -almonds, fruit (my huge weakness right now!). I was 162.4 this morning, which is from the bowl of vanilla Greek yogurt with granola, the crackers dipped in hummus, and the very little water I drank yesterday. (and ok, the York peppermint patties that I ate 4 of!!!). Yesterday was just a bad maintenance day, and I know it. Today has been better, but I know it will take 2-3 days to get my weight back to under 160. What amazes me is that it can jump up overnight, but then takes a few days to leave!!

I also notice the more I am trying to run and strength train, the more my weight can fluctuate. I am assuming that my body must hold on to water when I do those things.

I know you keep talking about finding the zone that your body is comfortable at - I can maintain 155-158 with minimal struggle. I keep trying to dip below
155 and I have to fight to stay there. I talked to my clinic last time about
this, and they keep urging me to stay between 155-160. Even when I am
below that, I still wear the same size in clothes. I need to just realize that it's
got to be how my clothes fit that I use as my judge, and not the scale.

It's a huge mind game, good luck!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Do you think a 10 pound range for someone of my height/weight/frame is acceptable? I keep saying that I'm either gaining or losing and I'm wondering if it isn't more of my body's natural fluctuations from day to day that I'm seeing on the scale. I can easily go up or down 10 pounds in a week. That's GOT to be water retention, right? I can see 158 one day and three days later, it's 153. Then two more days and it's 156. I keep flipping out because I want to consistently be 150, but that just doesn't happen every day. I've seen as high as 160 only to have five pounds disappear over nite. So do you think a range of 150 to 160 is okay? Or should I say 145 to 155? Altho I haven't seen 145 since November right after hitting goal. I still wear the same size clothes whether I'm at 145 or 160 - probably because I'm so tall that the weight is distributed over a larger area! Help!
Lea I'm certainly NO expert, but like Keri says when she isn't drinking enough water her weight is UP......as well as when she is exercising more. I was just telling DH that when I either don't drink enough, or drink too much "other" calorie free things (Diet soda, crystal light) instead of plain water, I KNOW I will be up several pounds! How are you doing on drinking all of your plain water? BTW I found that ENOUGH water for me is waaaay more than I was told at Medi!

When I was trying to decide on a goal weight (which as you can see I STILL have NOT attained) they told me to pick a weight I though I could maintain without a struggle. I wanted to put 115 (I'm only 5'2") but even as a teenager I struggled when I was at 115, so I upped it to 125.......even in my 20s I weighed 130ish, so I may need to revise my goal I'd say stay where your body is comfortable, then after 6 months or a year if you want to drop more, maybe try again. JMHO

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 05-10-2011 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi Mary,
Hey, are you running EVERY day?! When I did the C25K (my own version) from April til Aug last year, I just ran 3 times a week. Then after a while, on some of the opposite days I rode my bike. I also got in my car and "mapped" out a 2 mile route....that way I didn't go so much by time when I got past the 8 minutes of jogging and a little walking. My route has areas of incline too, so I like that challenge. I just aimed for a distance, got there, walked 30 to 90 seconds, and then ran to the next distance. It wasn't too long til I cut out the intermittent breaks. I really had only done my 2 mile route for several weeks before I then upped and did my first 5 K. I had only ran the 2 to 2 1/2 miles at a maximum in my training. BEING in a 5 K itself is motivation to get it finished....you just get encouraged with the crowd and that you don't have to figure out the distance, you just go til it stops!!

Toning and getting my maintenance/lifelong eating down will be my project this summer!!!
Deb It's SO great seeing you again.....I've missed you No I'm only running 3 days a week, like the program says. I did GREAT up through running 8 minutes at a time....THEN the program jumped up to 20 minutes with NO walking (for one time).......I managed 15 minutes, but that about killed me. The next session went back to 8 minutes but today I screwed up and had my phone set on the wrong day, so I was expecting to run 10 minutes each time, but had it set on the NEXT one, and that one will have me running 25 minutes! I guess I THINK too much because making that mistake really threw me off......mentally I've been a negative mess the rest of the day! I KNOW without a doubt I'll be able to finish the 5K (May 21) even if I have to walk......I can do 3.1 miles walking in my sleep.....but I really wanted to run all or at least MOST of it.

I ate cottage cheese with a few strawberries (maybe 4) in it.....so it wasn't a heavy breakfast, and I'd probably try eating again before running, but I read that you really need to eat 60-90 minutes BEFORE running to get the most good from the food, and I don't want to get up any earlier

We broke down and booked a cruise over Thanksgiving, with DD, and her SO's family. I'm paying for it with Ebay sales so I REALLY know what you mean about working toward a goal! I'm so glad we can work together on it
Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Thank you Deb, Keri and Mary! I knew I could count on you guys! If you'll remember, my original goal was 160. Then I lowered it to 155, then to 150 then to 145. The clinic told me 155 was plenty low enough and gave me a BMI of 22. I'm not really sure WHY I kept lowering it - probably because I've struggled with body image and eating disorders and no matter how thin I am/get, I always see myself as bigger and still fat. So when I got down to 145 (and quite a bit lower in October and November), my BMI was under 20. I truthfully could not maintain that low weight. It's been really hard to admit that I shouldn't be that weight because I WAS that weight and feel like if I did it once, I should be able to do it again. But I don't want to yo yo and I want to be at a HEALTHY weight that I can maintain with moderate eating, exercise, and occasional treats. Even at 155, my BMI is 22.56 which is still really healthy, right? Even tho 155 seems really heavy to me. This struggle is mostly in my mind. No one can even see a change with 10 or 15 pounds on my frame. No one except me, that is. I wish I hadn't taken my weight loss so much lower than my original goal because it's really hard to get out of that mentality. 145 and even 150 is just really too low for me to maintain healthfully. I think I'm going to change my RANGE from 150 to 160 with an ideal of around 155. Anything over 160 will be my hint to drink more water, eat more protein, cut back on the carbs and pay closer attention for a few days.

Thank you again, for responding, and thanks for letting me share my feelings so intimately! Love you guys!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
[QUOTE=Swirveegrl;14631414]Seems like most are doing well these last few days. Lots of jogging discussion taking place. Anyone else doing other exercises that they are seeing good results with?

Swirveegrl - I have an exercise bike that I do for 40 minutes, 4 to 5 times a week and usually average 8 miles each time. My goal is to do 45 minutes/10 miles each day, than increase the intensity. I also golf 2 to 4 times a week, and last week, I incorporated strength training into my routine. I have a long, long way to go to reach my goal, but I'm so motivated with my progress to date and physically feel so much better, that I'm committed to see it through. As a former athlete, my knees no longer will allow me to run/jog or even do a treadmill for that matter, so the bike has been my best alternative. Low impact, easy on the knees! You're doing great and I'm sure you'll find an exercise routine that suits you.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
back down to 192! Hooray for being right for once! Yay water retention!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
I had my week 4 weigh-in this morning and I was down 4.6 lbs yayy! It was all fat which was awesome, but that also means I'm STILL struggling with water weight
Today she recommended I closely monitor my sodium intake (Which I admit, I haven't been doing enough, I looove beef jerky!) But she also recommended water pills. (Expecially the couple days before TOM)
Since you have all been so helpful, what do you think about taking water pills? I've heard mixed emotions on this site so I'm confused
Has anyone had any success with them? Or even any horror stories?

Oh, this week's weigh-in brought me into the 190's...first time in over 6 years I've seen that number...
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
I had my week 4 weigh-in this morning and I was down 4.6 lbs yayy! It was all fat which was awesome, but that also means I'm STILL struggling with water weight
Today she recommended I closely monitor my sodium intake (Which I admit, I haven't been doing enough, I looove beef jerky!) But she also recommended water pills. (Expecially the couple days before TOM)
Since you have all been so helpful, what do you think about taking water pills? I've heard mixed emotions on this site so I'm confused
Has anyone had any success with them? Or even any horror stories?

Oh, this week's weigh-in brought me into the 190's...first time in over 6 years I've seen that number...
Re: water pills -- I have kind of an issue when I travel in that I cant apparently stay regular while on travel and I retain SOOOOOOO much water, especially if i fly. I tried diurex for a weeklong trip to colorado visiting my in-laws family once and all it did was make me thirsty to the point of cotton mouth (which is the worst feeling ever IMO) and kept the water retention at bay kind of--i was still very puffy, just not extremely so. I was really disappointed. I find the only thing that helps is MORE water, maybe the clinic's water goal for you isnt enough?

P.S. Congrats to you! and welcome to ONEderland!!!

Last edited by grfxgrl; 05-11-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
I have to say that running is difficult on this diet due to the lack of carbs. I find that now I am running faster, but can't go the distance that I used to pre-medi.

Mary I was reading your post and Debs regarding this and what I try to do is eat, if I can, a power crunch bar before I head out. I would also recommend a tbls or two of almond butter. If you can eat a banana, that's always a good choice too.

Rest days are important. I am glad to hear you are running 3 days a week! That's awesome.

Great weight losses and exercise regimens. I hope everyone is getting out in the beautiful weather
Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Re: water pills -- I have kind of an issue when I travel in that I cant apparently stay regular while on travel and I retain SOOOOOOO much water, especially if i fly. I tried diurex for a weeklong trip to colorado visiting my in-laws family once and all it did was make me thirsty to the point of cotton mouth (which is the worst feeling ever IMO) and kept the water retention at bay kind of--i was still very puffy, just not extremely so. I was really disappointed. I find the only thing that helps is MORE water, maybe the clinic's water goal for you isnt enough?

P.S. Congrats to you! and welcome to ONEderland!!!
Thank you Tricia, ONEderland--I like that!
Don't be disappointed by retaining water when you fly, I'm sure it comes right off you when you are back at home
I'm flying to MA the first week in June, I'm wondering if I'll have the same problem with excessive water retention (My luck, I'm sure lol)

Is there a water fairy? Like If I leave a bottle of water under my pillow I wake up the next morning down 5 lbs in water weight?? I won't mind the lump from the bottle, I promise...
Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Thank you Deb, Keri and Mary! I knew I could count on you guys! If you'll remember, my original goal was 160. Then I lowered it to 155, then to 150 then to 145. The clinic told me 155 was plenty low enough and gave me a BMI of 22. I'm not really sure WHY I kept lowering it - probably because I've struggled with body image and eating disorders and no matter how thin I am/get, I always see myself as bigger and still fat. So when I got down to 145 (and quite a bit lower in October and November), my BMI was under 20. I truthfully could not maintain that low weight. It's been really hard to admit that I shouldn't be that weight because I WAS that weight and feel like if I did it once, I should be able to do it again. But I don't want to yo yo and I want to be at a HEALTHY weight that I can maintain with moderate eating, exercise, and occasional treats. Even at 155, my BMI is 22.56 which is still really healthy, right? Even tho 155 seems really heavy to me. This struggle is mostly in my mind. No one can even see a change with 10 or 15 pounds on my frame. No one except me, that is. I wish I hadn't taken my weight loss so much lower than my original goal because it's really hard to get out of that mentality. 145 and even 150 is just really too low for me to maintain healthfully. I think I'm going to change my RANGE from 150 to 160 with an ideal of around 155. Anything over 160 will be my hint to drink more water, eat more protein, cut back on the carbs and pay closer attention for a few days.

Thank you again, for responding, and thanks for letting me share my feelings so intimately! Love you guys!
Love you too LEA! It's great being able to have the time to post again!! I'm on Day 3 of week one again....no ketosis yet but my belly feels so much better and I feel the cellulite lumpiness disappearing in my arms...though they are still the same size. Darn cellulite! My BMI Monday at the clinic was 28.3 at 164 lbs. . On 2/24/11 it was 26 at 151.6 lbs. The lowest I've seen it was 23.4 when I weighed in at 136.4 lbs on 8/30/10. My goal is to get back to my 9/23/10 range and maintain it (140.6 lbs and BMI 24.1). I've got some work to do!! Again, my maintenance limit calorie wise is 1300 at the max, so I need to stay at the reduced calories for a while...or eat more and really rev up my exercise again!! It's all part of the Energy In/Energy Out formula....there are no magic pills!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
I have to say that running is difficult on this diet due to the lack of carbs. I find that now I am running faster, but can't go the distance that I used to pre-medi.

Mary I was reading your post and Debs regarding this and what I try to do is eat, if I can, a power crunch bar before I head out. I would also recommend a tbls or two of almond butter. If you can eat a banana, that's always a good choice too.

Rest days are important. I am glad to hear you are running 3 days a week! That's awesome.

Great weight losses and exercise regimens. I hope everyone is getting out in the beautiful weather
Kristine I think you, and Deb must be my "Running Angels"......I can't express how much your posts have helped me! I found individual cups of peanutbutter a couple of weeks ago, and had decided to buy them........I LOVE peanutbutter, but when I open a jar it's like DH thinks he's getting PAID to eat it! In order to save him from himself I have refused to buy another jar......so I think these little containers would be great.....I went to WinnDixie yesterday, only to find that they no longer have them I haven't bought any protein bars, but I think I'll break down and try a couple.....I think that may just be the answer!

Today we just "walked the bridge".....no running, just a nice leisurely paced 5 miles........it was WONDERFUL (except for the love bugs). There was a beautiful breeze coming off of the ocean. We saw a pod of 6 or 7 dolphins, and at least 1 manatee! We watched them for a few minutes before continuing on.......gotta love it!

Another positive......I've been battling my NEW scale.....it weighs about 3 pounds heavier than my old scale, so now I'm down 4 pounds....all though I will only change my stats to reflect another 1 pound off, since I already was at 148.....today I weighed 147!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Lea-I have a 5-7lb range myself. I am right around 135lbs most days, sometimes a few pounds lower but that is somewhat rare. If I get up to 140lb, I do a "protein only" day and make sure to drink lots of water, and I am usually right back down a day or two later. The clinic told me that it's totaly normal. Add in hormones, and the crazy heat we have in Florida, and I know that it's water. There is no way you can put on 5+lbs of FAT in a week, unless you were just eating JUNK all day long everyday.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

I just realized that today is my 1 yr anniversary of joining Medi..it's amazing what a year can do!!

Just wanted to share that....
Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Awesome Keri! Did you ever really believe you could accomplish your goal that fast !?!?!?!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
okay I need to share this find today while out at the health food store....
lean on me baking company and it's this personal carrot cake that is delicious and low carb!!!
120 calories, 8 fat, 12carb- 4 fiber- 6 sugar alcohol= 2 carbs!!!
Protein 5

I bought one to try and am mad that I didn't buy the other one because I went back to the store and it was gone!! Can you imagine...how dare someone else like this product so hopefully the store will get more in because I am excited that I actually have a treat to have...and the personal size is great. Also try artic zero ice cream...it's alright, satisfies the craving and good mixed with some nuts.

Enjoy!
OMG I just checked their website...they have cheesecake too!!! Just 7 carbs!..really 5 after subtraction. and quiches and cakes....

Last edited by Kristine29; 05-11-2011 at 05:10 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Lins - question for you, I think you had mentioned before you do c25k on an iPod....do you? If so, which podcast is it? I tried looking at them today because I would love to have the program on my iPod with music, but had no idea which one(s) were good. Any input would be great!

Rachel - Thank you, and your right - I had no idea one year ago where my I would be now....not only weight-wise, but mentally. This is definitely not just a physical journey!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Lins - thanks for your reply. I'm already down about 6 pounds and am feeling pretty good about the new range thinking. Sounds like it's working for many of you, so I'll try to follow suit. Also, Keri asked about the ipod app for C25K and I'd be interested in that answer too. Last year when I was trying that program, I was trying it with a watch - it would sure be a lot easier to download to my ipod. (duh) I've never downloaded anythng but music. I'll be checking the board for your reply! Thanks!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I just realized that today is my 1 yr anniversary of joining Medi..it's amazing what a year can do!!

Just wanted to share that....
Wow!!! That's awesome!!!! Such inspiration!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
lean on me baking company and it's this personal carrot cake that is delicious and low carb!!!
Protein 5

I bought one to try and am mad that I didn't buy the other one because I went back to the store and it was gone!! Can you imagine...how dare someone else like this product so hopefully the store will get more in because I am excited that I actually have a treat to have...and the personal size is great. Also try artic zero ice cream...it's alright, satisfies the craving and good mixed with some nuts.

Enjoy!
OMG I just checked their website...they have cheesecake too!!! Just 7 carbs!..really 5 after subtraction. and quiches and cakes....
Just went to their site and the closest store for me is a 3 hour drive! I'm going to call and see if they take online orders...I don't think they do!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lins - thanks for your reply. I'm already down about 6 pounds and am feeling pretty good about the new range thinking. Sounds like it's working for many of you, so I'll try to follow suit. Also, Keri asked about the ipod app for C25K and I'd be interested in that answer too. Last year when I was trying that program, I was trying it with a watch - it would sure be a lot easier to download to my ipod. (duh) I've never downloaded anythng but music. I'll be checking the board for your reply! Thanks!
There are several C25K programs for different phones, the program I use is NOT compatible with DH's IPod. I use the one from Itunes that has a brown square with a big 5K on it. I have an IPhone, so at the bottom it has a tab for music, so while you're doing the program you can listen to your own music, a podcast (thanks Kristine) or an audiobook. The program "interrupts" to give you your prompts. DD's SO has another phone, so the program he uses has music (not really his taste) already programmed in
Old 05-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

May the month of Memories

Hi all! I've been reading daily, just not having enough time to write as often as I like! I'm really enjoying reading all of the motivation, support, and suggestions being offered here. I go in for weigh in today in about an hr! I'm actually excited and not this time
This month is jammed packed for me. My husband and I are going to a formal graduation party for his school Tuesday night. I'm very excited to get all glammed out! My last day at my current job is Tuesday as well Then we have graduation Friday & Saturday, and then we set sail on our Bahamas cruise May 24th for 5 nights. I start my new job May 31st.
SO in a nutshell, there is a HELL of a lot of good stuff and stress going on right now! I'm really excited about vacation, but I am terrified about being able to stay on plan. The same thing happened to me last May when we went on vacation. I had lost about 12lbs prior to vacation, and then I lost all motivation while on vacation gained weight I had lost and then some just a few months later. I am for self control. I hope and have faith that I will be able to overcome the desire for belgian waffles, donuts, and all of the other GLORIOUS= EVIL foods onboard.
I've already asked my husband to please help keep me in check. He is a agreeable, because he is so happy to see the positive changes in me physically and emotionally. Do any of you have advice for how to stay on plan during vacation? I am eager for some advice!
Love You all here, You all are such wonderful supporters and I admire your willigness to share your struggles, highs, and lows
Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Hi all! I've been reading daily, just not having enough time to write as often as I like! I'm really enjoying reading all of the motivation, support, and suggestions being offered here. I go in for weigh in today in about an hr! I'm actually excited and not this time
This month is jammed packed for me. My husband and I are going to a formal graduation party for his school Tuesday night. I'm very excited to get all glammed out! My last day at my current job is Tuesday as well Then we have graduation Friday & Saturday, and then we set sail on our Bahamas cruise May 24th for 5 nights. I start my new job May 31st.
SO in a nutshell, there is a HELL of a lot of good stuff and stress going on right now! I'm really excited about vacation, but I am terrified about being able to stay on plan. The same thing happened to me last May when we went on vacation. I had lost about 12lbs prior to vacation, and then I lost all motivation while on vacation gained weight I had lost and then some just a few months later. I am for self control. I hope and have faith that I will be able to overcome the desire for belgian waffles, donuts, and all of the other GLORIOUS= EVIL foods onboard.
I've already asked my husband to please help keep me in check. He is a agreeable, because he is so happy to see the positive changes in me physically and emotionally. Do any of you have advice for how to stay on plan during vacation? I am eager for some advice!
Love You all here, You all are such wonderful supporters and I admire your willigness to share your struggles, highs, and lows
What a wonderful bunch of good things going on in your life! I KNOW you can keep eating things that are GOOD for your body even while on vacation. We're going on a cruise over THANKSGIVING of all times, for a whole week, so I share your anxiety to a point! I have learned that I don't need to throw the whole program out the window, that I CAN go out to eat, (even if others are pigging out on high carb foods) and stick to my WOE and NOT feel deprived.....I eat what is good for my body, and what keeps me feeling energetic, instead of groggy/sleepy. I don't get "gassy" any more or feel bloated like I used to. I will admit I over eat at "special" times but what I over eat is extra protein, or veggies/fruits.......Use the exercise area while on board the ship. Remember....YOU have brought all of these positive changes to yourself...YOU, no one did it for you, YOU did it, and YOU will keep bringing positive things into your life!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amayrial
Stats: 271/263/140
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/7/11
Hi, I'm new

Good Morning!
I just wanted to say hello, I'm very new to this group and to medi-weightloss. Tomorrow is my first week official weight in. I'm very excited. This past week wasnt as hard food wise, but man drinking 8 bottles of water is very very difficult for me.
I think I will do well, if I have some support. I don't have much anywhere else.

Thanks, and TTYL

Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayrial View Post
Good Morning!
I just wanted to say hello, I'm very new to this group and to medi-weightloss. Tomorrow is my first week official weight in. I'm very excited. This past week wasnt as hard food wise, but man drinking 8 bottles of water is very very difficult for me.
I think I will do well, if I have some support. I don't have much anywhere else.

Thanks, and TTYL

Welcome! The water is difficult to do, it gets easier. Just dont do what i do sometimes and realize at 5pm i havent been drinking my water then Im up all night going to the restroom

Good luck to you! and i am glad to hear your first week was not very hard, I know we cant all say the same, especially me!

Cant wait to hear how your first weigh-in goes!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Man. I am feeling pretty good about myself today now that i lost my cheat weight *strut*

What a difference water makes! Completely amazing! Sure hope this will be a good month for me
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
we set sail on our Bahamas cruise

I don't know what line you are taking but I have found most to be helpful with special diets. Tell your waiter the first night that you don't want, for instance, bread or desserts brought to you. Talk to the staff when you check in to let them know about diet restrictions. You might even ask the doctor at the clinic to provide you with a letter stating that your restrictions are for 'medical' reasons in case you have any problems.

You were asking about different fitness ideas earlier, this is a perfect opportunity to explore them. They are sure to have a wonderful workout room with personal trainers whose brains you can pick. They also have really interesting and challenging classes available throughout the day, so you can experiment. Remember some one wrote earlier that snorkeling burns a ton of calories too.
Have a great time.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Mary thanks a LOT! I needed to hear that! You are exactly right! I love the way I feel now. I don't feel sleepy after I eat, I hardly every have a "stomach ache", and I have ENERGY! What a better motivation, to avoid the waffles, than those things! I will remember them. Maybe I should write them down, and look @ them every morning BEFORE breakfast :blush:

So I am happy with my weigh in, but that DAG ON tanita scale is playing with my mind today. It reported I had gained 2lbs of fat!?! BUT lost 4 lbs of water R U KIDDING ME The NP told me not to fret, that most likely the impedance is off, that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to lose 4 lbs of muscle mass in 1 week, etc. etc. OK so I want to believe her, but I hate mind games. I'm trying to let it go, and chalk it up to the scale. At times I really love that scale, like when I only have a 1 lb wt loss, it breaks down the fat loss. BUT TODAY I HATE IT!

Ok I feel better now
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 05-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Swiveegrl, look at it this way, you lost 2 pounds. If you were weighing yourself on a regular scale that doesn't break out all that detail you would be celebrating. So, rejoice in your loss and keep up the great job. You weigh 175.5 pounds and look great so don't fret all those numbers on the scale. Look at the total picture and strut your success.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Protein 5

Enjoy!

Do you mind telling us what health food store you went to? I would love to see if these things are available where I live too.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread