Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
I was only down a half pound so that is 1.5 pounds in two weeks, I just can't afford to that for very long. I had a long talk with the director Nd she was very helpful. They changed my meds and she told me to work really hard this week and see how it goes and if I don't lose any I can cancel my appointment if I want. I can also come back any time within the next 6 months without penalty. I really want this to work so I will be extra careful with my eating and am going to ramp up my exercise to make this work.
Lisaann is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 127
Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaann View Post
I was only down a half pound so that is 1.5 pounds in two weeks, I just can't afford to that for very long. I had a long talk with the director Nd she was very helpful. They changed my meds and she told me to work really hard this week and see how it goes and if I don't lose any I can cancel my appointment if I want. I can also come back any time within the next 6 months without penalty. I really want this to work so I will be extra careful with my eating and am going to ramp up my exercise to make this work.
The exercising really will help. I think it is what helped me lose more quickly. I have been going it alone for the past few weeks primarily because of the money so I know how you feel. I think the "cheat day" really has merit as well. I think we need to trick our bodies into the process sometimes. The key is will power to keep it to the one day. Or the one extra piece of fruit--that's what I have done and it hasn't seemed to hurt. Good luck and hang in there!! You can do it!!!!!!
chocolatefan is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I lost 2.5 pounds this week. 1 pound away from 50 pounds. I wanted to be under 200 this week but the water retention for the last month is derailing my efforts. I'm not going to give up because I've come too far and that same advice that I give to others I need to apply to myself.

Have a great Mother's day to all the mothers. Have a great weekend to everyone.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
I lost 2.5 pounds this week. 1 pound away from 50 pounds. I wanted to be under 200 this week but the water retention for the last month is derailing my efforts. I'm not going to give up because I've come too far and that same advice that I give to others I need to apply to myself.

Have a great Mother's day to all the mothers. Have a great weekend to everyone.
Betty, You have such a great attitude and that's why you're doing so well. Keep it up, you'll get there soon and we'll all be celebrating with you
barbwired is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
new here, hello to all

i wanted to say hello, iam just starting my journey and i will say you all have such great advice. I do have a question. I really want to know if you are not able to get in your 500/600 cals a day what is the worst that can happen?? I am on the mid of week2 and I find it hard to make sure I eat enough, Iam also hypothyroid being treated but, wonder if that too is a reason for not being too hungry. Any help out there...
marverboston is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Need a distraction

I had a LESS than stellar day doing my C25K program yesterday. It was the first time I did not complete the workout as programmed, but instead I let my own negative self talk defeat me It was week 5 day 3, and my first time running 20 minutes with NO walking! I didn't go out yesterday morning, but instead went out early evening, and while the temperature was comfortable, I just let my mind take control.....it kept telling me to walk, and at about 15 minutes into the 20 minute run, I did just that! I only walked for less than 30 seconds (and I paused the program) but I COULD have done the full 20 minutes, IF I hadn't listened to my mind. I had music on, but couldn't focus on that, or the scenery.......only my negative mind! I'm not quite sure what to use as a distraction....I thought about asking DH to ride his bike with me, so he could "talk" to me, but sometimes he just irritates me more :blush:

To the runners out there: where does your mind go when you run? especially if you just "aren't INTO running" that day.

I will repeat Week 5 day 3 tomorrow, and hope it goes better
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 34
Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
i wanted to say hello, iam just starting my journey and i will say you all have such great advice. I do have a question. I really want to know if you are not able to get in your 500/600 cals a day what is the worst that can happen?? I am on the mid of week2 and I find it hard to make sure I eat enough, Iam also hypothyroid being treated but, wonder if that too is a reason for not being too hungry. Any help out there...

Welcome Marverboston,

If you do not eat all of your calories, you run the risk of losign no weight and possibly gaining. You body thinks it's in starvation mode and holds on to whatever it gets for energy later. So...Eat all your calories!
butterflytrg is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Hey everyone....looks like have a lot of reading to catch up on!! So glad to "see" Erin and Lea back, I love hearing their maintenance struggles too. I am battling cravings so much right now - even though my weight is staying the same. I have a 3 lb window that I constantly seem to stay at, which means my exercise is enough to maintain my weight even when I let myself cheat, and cheat, and cheat. Right now i am on a very slippery slope, and need to get back in check.

Rachel - your hair looks so cute! The change in you is astounding! I just told DH last night that I feel as if a good chop is in order, my hair is just about at my shoulders but think maybe chin length might be a good change for summer! If I can only keep the courage up when I go to the salon in 2 weeks!

I am so proud of everyone's losses....keep up the great work!

Those of you on c25k - I am thinking of starting. I right now jog about 1 3/4 miles (18-20) minutes at the start of my hour long "walk"....then my mind wins and I walk. For some mental reason, I can't get beyond that - no matter what I tell myself. Do you think c25k will help me? Should I start at the beginning or further into it?

Ok, I am off to read and catch up!
__________________
~Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Thanks

Thanks butterflytrg.
I am doing better today getting in 300 so far still have dinner,chicken and spinach salad so I should get at least 600. I will keep that in mind about not losing:blush:
Has anyone else had slow moving weightloss on week 2?? Just wondering.
marverboston is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Hello everyone! I have been reading all of your stories for over 3 weeks now. I promise I wasn't stalking--ok just a little!
But reading all of your goals, achievements and even your problems and frustrations has given me motivation and much-needed company during the past 3 weeks. I have little personal support during this journey, my boyfriend wants no part of it, and I really want to surprise my family when I see them next (They live in another state) Although my clinic is great, I don't feel like I get tons of support from them.

So here is where I'm at now-- I had a great weigh in first week, 10.6 lbs but the past 2 weigh-ins have been discouraging. Last week I only lost 2 lbs on the scale and 4 lbs in fat, and this morning's weigh-in was even worse with less than a pound on the scale and 3.5 lbs of fat. I know it's great to be losing fat, but the scale is not moving!!! I asked the clinic what I should do, and she recommended more water and the B6 shot. I drink MINIMUM of 100 oz of water every day (3 large Smart waters)
I thought I would breeze through these first few weeks with weight loss, then start slowing down and plateauing, I didn't expect it to be this frustrating, this early. I could really use some words of wisdom right now...

Sorry this was so long, thanks for listening
Snick421: I live in Tampa too and I am going to the clinic on Kennedy. Is that the one you are going to? Your weigh-ins sound like mine. I just keep chugging along though and after 5 weeks I am down 19.6 pounds. Like someone else said, they add up! Plus, after that first fantastic week you wish they could all be like that.

Personal support is important but you wanting it for yourself is even more important! I had lunch the other day with a friend who bashes the diet everytime she sees me but my old clothes are starting to fit now so I don't care. Let me know if you need a local "buddy".
Jodi A is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
I lost 2.5 pounds this week. 1 pound away from 50 pounds. I wanted to be under 200 this week but the water retention for the last month is derailing my efforts. I'm not going to give up because I've come too far and that same advice that I give to others I need to apply to myself.

Have a great Mother's day to all the mothers. Have a great weekend to everyone.
WOW! Awesome, you rock! I bet you are at 50 now.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7
Gallery: Sweetkasper
Stats: 266.5/253.6/150
WOE: Medi Weighloss
Start Date: May 4 2011
Hi all you rock stars! I am new to all of this and it is amazing to read all the inspiration and support here! Day 4 for me today, feeling better than days 1 and 2 and I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I am reading all these wonderful stories. Problems I'm running into: drinking enough water (I find myself feeling very sick from attempting to drink the amount required), very bored with the food already , HEARTBURN!!!! I mean, I have had a little heartburn here and there in the past but it is everyday now since starting this diet, I used to just be able to drink a small glass of milk to get rid of it but can't do that now. Any suggestions?
Sweetkasper is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I had a LESS than stellar day doing my C25K program yesterday. It was the first time I did not complete the workout as programmed, but instead I let my own negative self talk defeat me It was week 5 day 3, and my first time running 20 minutes with NO walking! I didn't go out yesterday morning, but instead went out early evening, and while the temperature was comfortable, I just let my mind take control.....it kept telling me to walk, and at about 15 minutes into the 20 minute run, I did just that! I only walked for less than 30 seconds (and I paused the program) but I COULD have done the full 20 minutes, IF I hadn't listened to my mind. I had music on, but couldn't focus on that, or the scenery.......only my negative mind! I'm not quite sure what to use as a distraction....I thought about asking DH to ride his bike with me, so he could "talk" to me, but sometimes he just irritates me more :blush:

To the runners out there: where does your mind go when you run? especially if you just "aren't INTO running" that day.

I will repeat Week 5 day 3 tomorrow, and hope it goes better
Mary- what you are experiencing is totally normal. You should, first, congratulate yourself for your jogging efforts thus far and for not stopping for 15mins! That's awesome....and to think before you thought you could barely jog a minute non-stop!

Okay it's natural that the mind takes over and tells you to stop- first thing, try to assess things. Is your body hurting? Are you breathing hard? If no to these - you are okay and you just need to find a focus point. I try to find markers along my route, when I am feeling like I want to stop, and I say, okay I am going to run to that stop sign ..or what- have- you. Also having a mantra, something that you keep saying when you feel like you want to stop is helpful. Like, "I can do this", "Losing weight, feeling great" whatever you come up with to help push you the extra mile/minute.

There's a great podcast that I listen to and they have such helpful tips for the things you are struggling with. Marathon training academy. You should check it out. I like the mantra that I heard on there and from the movie, Clash of the Titans- "Release the Crakin!"

Hope this helps.
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetkasper View Post
Hi all you rock stars! I am new to all of this and it is amazing to read all the inspiration and support here! Day 4 for me today, feeling better than days 1 and 2 and I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I am reading all these wonderful stories. Problems I'm running into: drinking enough water (I find myself feeling very sick from attempting to drink the amount required), very bored with the food already , HEARTBURN!!!! I mean, I have had a little heartburn here and there in the past but it is everyday now since starting this diet, I used to just be able to drink a small glass of milk to get rid of it but can't do that now. Any suggestions?
As many know I'm an RN who worked for Gastrointerologists. So a couple of things that studies have found that work: #1 AS SOON as you feel ANY heartburn chug a glass (at least 6 ounces) of COLD water.....or pop a piece of gum in your mouth and chew, chew, chew. Stay upright (as in don't lay down) for at least an hour after eating. MOST people report that heartburn improves with a low carb diet. You're still really new to Medi. and week one is rough, but stick with it. I had to "play games" with myself at first to drink enough.....like telling myself after I drank 40 ounces of plain water, I could have a diet Pepsi. Or adding crystal light to my water. Now I get MORE than enough water and other fluids in a day, but it wasn't alwasy this easy.....it WILL get better...I Promise! IF need be you could try one of the over the counter acid reducers like Pepcid AC....but my guess is IF you start drinking more you'll have less heart burn. Your body is used to producing a lot of acid to help digest all the food you've been eating......you'll be amazed how GOOD you are going to feel REAL SOON. I'd also suggest calling your center on Monday if you still aren't feeling good, just so they can reassure you. Be sure to talk to the people at your center when you go in for your weigh in....even IF you have called them.

Last edited by Mary T8M; 05-08-2011 at 10:07 AM..
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Mary- what you are experiencing is totally normal. You should, first, congratulate yourself for your jogging efforts thus far and for not stopping for 15mins! That's awesome....and to think before you thought you could barely jog a minute non-stop!

Okay it's natural that the mind takes over and tells you to stop- first thing, try to assess things. Is your body hurting? Are you breathing hard? If no to these - you are okay and you just need to find a focus point. I try to find markers along my route, when I am feeling like I want to stop, and I say, okay I am going to run to that stop sign ..or what- have- you. Also having a mantra, something that you keep saying when you feel like you want to stop is helpful. Like, "I can do this", "Losing weight, feeling great" whatever you come up with to help push you the extra mile/minute.

There's a great podcast that I listen to and they have such helpful tips for the things you are struggling with. Marathon training academy. You should check it out. I like the mantra that I heard on there and from the movie, Clash of the Titans- "Release the Crakin!"

Hope this helps.
Thank you SO much! I talked to DD this morning (for Mother's Day) and she said her SO had almost the exact problem, at this same spot in the program. He did NOT repeat the day, but moved on, so I did the same. I did week 6 day 1 today, and even though it was HOT already this morning, I completed this part of the program (run 5 min, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5). I tried to focus more on my surrounding, but that must not have worked because I have NO idea where I was when I got to the half way point (I had planned on measuring distance, but didn't have a clue) I'll see if I can find that podcast. I also thought maybe I'd try listeneing to an audiobook. I'll TRY the thing mantra again.....I tried it the other day, but ended up in an argument of sorts between my mantra of "I am powerful....I CAN do this" and my mind saying "WALK, Walk, walk"
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8
Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Snick421: I live in Tampa too and I am going to the clinic on Kennedy. Is that the one you are going to? Your weigh-ins sound like mine. I just keep chugging along though and after 5 weeks I am down 19.6 pounds. Like someone else said, they add up! Plus, after that first fantastic week you wish they could all be like that.

Personal support is important but you wanting it for yourself is even more important! I had lunch the other day with a friend who bashes the diet everytime she sees me but my old clothes are starting to fit now so I don't care. Let me know if you need a local "buddy".
Hi Jodi!
I actually live in Brandon, so I go to the one here on Bloomingdale. I work in Tampa however, so I would love a buddy! I go for my week 4 weigh in on Wednesday, I'm really hoping for a decent weigh-in. 5 weeks and you've lost almost 20 pounds already...thats fantastic!
I had a few people give negative opinions at first, as well so I have stopped sharing it altogether lol. People can be such downers sometimes! (Especially when they don't know or understand what they are judging)
I hope we can motivate and inspire each other to hit our goals
Snick421 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8
Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
Snick421, We will be your support system here. What do you mean your boyfriend wants no part of it? Does he think you don't need to lose weight or does he not like the program. Put your weight on your profile so we can see your progress and keep you encouraged. Also, you will be able to see the numbers every time you log on. Just think of how good you will feel when you see your body's transformation and how proud your family will be when they see you!
Butterfly,
I'm sorry for the late response, I just figured out how to respond with your old post attached lol.
First, thank you for being my support system!!
My boyfriend is fine with what I am doing, but he doesn't want any part of it for himself. Though he really could benefit from it, even if only for his overall health at +300 pounds, I get worried sometimes. I think he's mostly upset that I don't have dinner waiting for him like I did most days in the past. I was raised this simply...Food=Love. Trying to get past that mindset is more difficult than I thought.
I will figure out how to put my weight soon (hopefully) but my last weigh in I was 200.00 on the dot. which is only 12.6 pounds from week 1. I'm staying positive for this weeks weigh-in though!

Thank you again for all the encouragement!

Also, thanks to betty going 85 for the positive words,(I needed them!) I really do think this is going to be my new favorite place for support...both venting and celebrating.
Snick421 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7
Gallery: Sweetkasper
Stats: 266.5/253.6/150
WOE: Medi Weighloss
Start Date: May 4 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
As many know I'm an RN who worked for Gastrointerologists. So a couple of things that studies have found that work: #1 AS SOON as you feel ANY heartburn chug a glass (at least 6 ounces) of COLD water.....or pop a piece of gum in your mouth and chew, chew, chew. Stay upright (as in don't lay down) for at least an hour after eating. MOST people report that heartburn improves with a low carb diet. You're still really new to Medi. and week one is rough, but stick with it. I had to "play games" with myself at first to drink enough.....like telling myself after I drank 40 ounces of plain water, I could have a diet Pepsi. Or adding crystal light to my water. Now I get MORE than enough water and other fluids in a day, but it wasn't alwasy this easy.....it WILL get better...I Promise! IF need be you could try one of the over the counter acid reducers like Pepcid AC....but my guess is IF you start drinking more you'll have less heart burn. Your body is used to producing a lot of acid to help digest all the food you've been eating......you'll be amazed how GOOD you are going to feel REAL SOON. I'd also suggest calling your center on Monday if you still aren't feeling good, just so they can reassure you. Be sure to talk to the people at your center when you go in for your weigh in....even IF you have called them.
Thank you so much, I plan on trying those for the heartburn!
Sweetkasper is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Jumping in to update. I'm hanging in with this maintance thing. I weighed-in today at 135lbs, so I'm doing okay. It's hard, expecially around holiday's like Mother's Day and my anniversary is this week. But day to day I've got down for them most part (TOM always throws me off). Blessing to all of you.
lins is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Betty, You have such a great attitude and that's why you're doing so well. Keep it up, you'll get there soon and we'll all be celebrating with you
Thanks so much Barbwire. You have done exceptionally well and it's reading all of other's accomplishments that keep me going.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
WOW! Awesome, you rock! I bet you are at 50 now.
Thanks Jodi, I pray that I am there and by Friday it'll be even more. You are also doing very well. Keep up the great job.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Marathon Training Academy

HI Mary,

While I was out running today and listening to marathon training academy I thought of you. The podcast was talking about overcoming adversity and that mental chatter. If you go to the website you can listen to it straight from there. But I must say that I really do enjoy downloading it and listening to it while I run- it really helps me keep going. It isn't just for someone training for a marathon- it's for ALL runners. Anyhow just thought it would help you, especially since this recent podcast spoke to what you have been dealing with. OH one thing I heard on it was a group of people who wear "Team 412" (hope I have that scripture # right). Sort of their mantra- "Through God I can do all things."

Anyhow...great to hear you made it through your next day without a hitch. You CAN DO THIS
************************************************** *******

On a side note...today I just realized, since the start of my weight loss and fitness journey, which began about 8 years ago (I think)..through divorce, through a half-marathon, through several ups and downs of non-weight-loss years.......I have lost nearly 98lbs!
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 272
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Marvelous May

Seems like most are doing well these last few days. Lots of jogging discussion taking place. Anyone else doing other exercises that they are seeing good results with? Really enjoying shopping, primping, and embracing the new thinner me How liberating!?!? Actually fitting into a size 12 shorts! Can't believe this is possible in just 3 months! I was squeezing, sucking, and pouring into an 18 1/1/11. I think I'm certain that 2011 is my year
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
grfxgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 154
Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Seems like most are doing well these last few days. Lots of jogging discussion taking place. Anyone else doing other exercises that they are seeing good results with? Really enjoying shopping, primping, and embracing the new thinner me How liberating!?!? Actually fitting into a size 12 shorts! Can't believe this is possible in just 3 months! I was squeezing, sucking, and pouring into an 18 1/1/11. I think I'm certain that 2011 is my year
I have been doing Zumba and I love it! It is a serious calorie burner... something like 500 cals an hour???? I am having to take a break from it because of my stupid ankle but Swirve, if you have any local YMCA's or something that do those classes you should definitely check it out! The moves involve a lot of hip shaking and "sexy" moves which is why I think I like it so much :blush: makes me feel SEXXXAAAYYY.

I too have moved down sizes. I was in 18's and had to retire those poor jeans. I realized one morning that my inner thighs had rubbed holes in the jeans when I lifted my leg to tie my shoe and riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! yikes

I now fit into my size 14 shorts, it is a tight fit, but they fit! and they are super loose in the thigh area--the last time I wore these shorts was they day we moved into our new house here in Charlotte -- 4 years ago!

I am wearing size 16 jeans and they are really loose but the 14's dont quite fasten yet. I hope to downgrade again in a few weeks!

I fell off the diet horse last week, totally and completely and somehow only gained 3 lbs which I am positive is water weight. If there's one thing I can do well, it's retain water. I am mad at myself for falling off but with a renewed sense of motivation and reading all of y'alls successes I am back. With a vengeance *rarrrrrrrrr*

Here's to this week's successes!!!
__________________
Tricia
grfxgrl is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
what was i thinking? LOL

I got P90X for mother's day, chin-up bar and all! I've been wanting it for so long but didn't want to spend the money to buy it. I was so excited when I opened it, but after watching the intro video, I must admit, I'm a little scared!I'm going to start with the lean version, geared to weight loss. Has anyone tried it and lived to tell?

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I start tomorrow!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
tydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 451
Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Weight RANGE

Do you think a 10 pound range for someone of my height/weight/frame is acceptable? I keep saying that I'm either gaining or losing and I'm wondering if it isn't more of my body's natural fluctuations from day to day that I'm seeing on the scale. I can easily go up or down 10 pounds in a week. That's GOT to be water retention, right? I can see 158 one day and three days later, it's 153. Then two more days and it's 156. I keep flipping out because I want to consistently be 150, but that just doesn't happen every day. I've seen as high as 160 only to have five pounds disappear over nite. So do you think a range of 150 to 160 is okay? Or should I say 145 to 155? Altho I haven't seen 145 since November right after hitting goal. I still wear the same size clothes whether I'm at 145 or 160 - probably because I'm so tall that the weight is distributed over a larger area! Help!
__________________
Lea
In maintenance: 8/1/2010
tydreamer is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
Hi Jodi!
I actually live in Brandon, so I go to the one here on Bloomingdale. I work in Tampa however, so I would love a buddy! I go for my week 4 weigh in on Wednesday, I'm really hoping for a decent weigh-in. 5 weeks and you've lost almost 20 pounds already...thats fantastic!
I had a few people give negative opinions at first, as well so I have stopped sharing it altogether lol. People can be such downers sometimes! (Especially when they don't know or understand what they are judging)
I hope we can motivate and inspire each other to hit our goals
Maybe we can hook up for lunch. I have found a few places that I can make work. I usually get a salad and a piece of fish. Let me know if you want to meet up.

I just weighed in this morning and I am down 22 pounds now. I lost 3.8 pounds of fat this week but gained 1 pound of water which seems to be a pattern with me. But the fat is what I want gone so I'll take it!

Good luck tomorrow!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
HI Mary,

While I was out running today and listening to marathon training academy I thought of you. The podcast was talking about overcoming adversity and that mental chatter. If you go to the website you can listen to it straight from there. But I must say that I really do enjoy downloading it and listening to it while I run- it really helps me keep going. It isn't just for someone training for a marathon- it's for ALL runners. Anyhow just thought it would help you, especially since this recent podcast spoke to what you have been dealing with. OH one thing I heard on it was a group of people who wear "Team 412" (hope I have that scripture # right). Sort of their mantra- "Through God I can do all things."

Anyhow...great to hear you made it through your next day without a hitch. You CAN DO THIS
************************************************** *******

On a side note...today I just realized, since the start of my weight loss and fitness journey, which began about 8 years ago (I think)..through divorce, through a half-marathon, through several ups and downs of non-weight-loss years.......I have lost nearly 98lbs!
Kristine WOW what a journey you've had! I have to say how touched I was to read that you thought of me! Guess I don't hear that very much! I WILL check out the podcast for sure.

Today was another NOT good day I just wasn't "feeling it" from the get go, but I had told DH I was going to try a couple of new things.....#1 since it's quickly turning into summer here, I wanted to try to go earlier (I USED to be a REAL morning person, but I don't think I am any more ), and #2 I wanted to eat a little bit of protein about an hour to 1.5 hours before I run...........neither of those things worked very well. AND DH really pressured me to get going, and I HATE that......guess I'll go back to my old routine of taking my time in the morning, having 2 cups of coffee, and not eat first (my program is only around 30 minutes).....and run alone!

On top of that I had a vague deep ache in my low back.....AND I didn't have the right day of the C25K on, so that "threw" me off too......WOW what a pack of excuses!!! Once I got home, and had a second cup of coffee I felt better right away! I may go back out this evening......

Thank you again for ALL of your support and encouragement! I WILL succeed! after all, I AM a runner.....
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Kristine WOW what a journey you've had! I have to say how touched I was to read that you thought of me! Guess I don't hear that very much! I WILL check out the podcast for sure.

Today was another NOT good day I just wasn't "feeling it" from the get go, but I had told DH I was going to try a couple of new things.....#1 since it's quickly turning into summer here, I wanted to try to go earlier (I USED to be a REAL morning person, but I don't think I am any more ), and #2 I wanted to eat a little bit of protein about an hour to 1.5 hours before I run...........neither of those things worked very well. AND DH really pressured me to get going, and I HATE that......guess I'll go back to my old routine of taking my time in the morning, having 2 cups of coffee, and not eat first (my program is only around 30 minutes).....and run alone!

On top of that I had a vague deep ache in my low back.....AND I didn't have the right day of the C25K on, so that "threw" me off too......WOW what a pack of excuses!!! Once I got home, and had a second cup of coffee I felt better right away! I may go back out this evening......

Thank you again for ALL of your support and encouragement! I WILL succeed! after all, I AM a runner.....

Hi Mary,
Hey, are you running EVERY day?! When I did the C25K (my own version) from April til Aug last year, I just ran 3 times a week. Then after a while, on some of the opposite days I rode my bike. I also got in my car and "mapped" out a 2 mile route....that way I didn't go so much by time when I got past the 8 minutes of jogging and a little walking. My route has areas of incline too, so I like that challenge. I just aimed for a distance, got there, walked 30 to 90 seconds, and then ran to the next distance. It wasn't too long til I cut out the intermittent breaks. I really had only done my 2 mile route for several weeks before I then upped and did my first 5 K. I had only ran the 2 to 2 1/2 miles at a maximum in my training. BEING in a 5 K itself is motivation to get it finished....you just get encouraged with the crowd and that you don't have to figure out the distance, you just go til it stops!! As far as what I'd be thinking of....the initial times when I was jog/walk alternating, I decided to memorize Bible verses. So I would read them when I walked, then kind of say them aloud or in my head as I jogged, that kept my mind on a goal other than just physical! I wore two digital timers. One on my left hip or in my left pocket set for the time to run (i.e. 90seconds), and then I set the one at my right belly or right pocket for the time to walk (i.e. 30 seconds).....I just clicked on, off, reset, over and over again between the two. I didn't have to think about it! It's what worked for me. Also, I found that if I went after eating something that had a bit of carbs or fat then I had the energyto get completely done. I'd go after eating my carbmaster's yogurt and a couple of nuts. I wouldn't eat a lot of carbs because then my body wouldn't burn the fat. But to get started, my brain needed a few carbs (carbmasters has 4 carbs in the serving). I would totally STOP if my body had NO breakfast! I don't know that you should be doing that. That may be recommended on fitness/running websites, but they are thinking of those people who are EATING otherwise too....not people in the acute phase of low carb/low calorie MWL!
I'm on day 2 of week one AGAIN (after youngest DD graduation from grad school Saturday, and Mother's Day at The Cheesecake Factory in KS City SUnday (the 4 of us shared one dessert)....so rich. There would be no way one person should try to eat all that!! Diabetic coma producing simple sugar!! (EVIL! )
I have less than 110 days til oldest daughter's wedding. I have 18 lbs to get off so at weight when we bought my Mother of the Bride dress....but the inches...yikes! Toning and getting my maintenance/lifelong eating down will be my project this summer!!!
__________________
Debbie
May 2014 Up to 203 lbs
Current:197.3/196.5/196/195/194/193/192/191/190/189/188/187/186/185/184/183/182/181/180/179/178/177/176

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-10-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Do you think a 10 pound range for someone of my height/weight/frame is acceptable? I keep saying that I'm either gaining or losing and I'm wondering if it isn't more of my body's natural fluctuations from day to day that I'm seeing on the scale. I can easily go up or down 10 pounds in a week. That's GOT to be water retention, right? I can see 158 one day and three days later, it's 153. Then two more days and it's 156. I keep flipping out because I want to consistently be 150, but that just doesn't happen every day. I've seen as high as 160 only to have five pounds disappear over nite. So do you think a range of 150 to 160 is okay? Or should I say 145 to 155? Altho I haven't seen 145 since November right after hitting goal. I still wear the same size clothes whether I'm at 145 or 160 - probably because I'm so tall that the weight is distributed over a larger area! Help!
Hey girlfriend,
I do the SAME thing! I know that when I eat carbs I'm like a SPONGE...I puff up/out and retain fluids. I think I'm going to loosen my goal weight to be 140 since 137 lasted like 4 days. I will allow a 7-8 lb range, so between 137-145. But for now, the goal is to be 140 and toned. As soon as I went to 150 my mind played games with me and said, "well, 152 is pretty close to 150"....and then it went into excuse and "tomorrow" mode! I too wear most of the same clothes from when I was 140 even when I got up yesterday AM to 164...because I gain ALL over, but a little more in the buttocks area. (After 1 day of week one yesterday, 510 calories, 23 carbs...I lost 4 lbs). I just know that over this past weekend being in KS City I could not allow myself to go to a public bathroom because I wouldn't have a bed to lie on to get my pants zipped again! Pitiful!! Down at 137 I was in size 6....I haven't tried those jeans on again since December. I'm mostly in 8 and 10's....and these were what was needing to be zipped horizontally! Lesson learned! Also, this is short sleeve season and I've gained one INCH in each arm since the mid November when I was 141... NASTY! My "going downhill" time started after Thanksgiving when my one kitty died, and when the running/biking outdoor weather turned frigid. Like you, I want to figure out how to be STEADY and no longer yo-yo. I just went to the clinic again yesterday....I despise having to pay acute fees all over again for weight numbers that I had previously conquered!! This will work...I know Medi works. I now have the time in the week to PLAN and to get outside/exercise. We CAN do this!!!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-10-2011 at 12:37 PM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.