Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hello everyone,

It was 49 here this morning. A lot colder than normal to be May and in the south. Needless to say I am freezing. I can't seem to get warm. I weighed in yesterday and was down 1.2lbs overall. I hope everyone has a great start to May.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick421 View Post
So here is where I'm at now-- I had a great weigh in first week, 10.6 lbs but the past 2 weigh-ins have been discouraging. Last week I only lost 2 lbs on the scale and 4 lbs in fat, and this morning's weigh-in was even worse with less than a pound on the scale and 3.5 lbs of fat.
You are doing SO WELL!!! Let me tell you... I had the EXACT same issue on my 2nd and 3rd weeks of Medi. In fact, I marched into the nurse's office and told her I was quitting because I was tired of seeing "fat loss" (and yes, I did use my fingers as quotation marks when I said that) and my actual weight loss being like 1 or 2 pounds. I also said, I could lose that slowly at Weight Watchers and be $80 a week richer.

I promise I'm not that confrontational. It was the appetite suppressant.

Anyway, she laughed at me! LAUGHED! She told me to hang in there and keep doing what I've been doing and I "will start to see big dips on the scale probably starting next week." The body is funny. It loses a little here and there, and then rewards you later. Just stay consistent. It will all pay off, I PROMISE! I think on week 4 I lost something like 4 1/2 pounds or something crazy. Plus you lost over 10 lbs the first week. You have to look at the overall average in this.

Keep up the fabulous work and you will be overjoyed. Who needs that boyfriend anyway. He's probably just nervous that he'll be replaced when you get all hot.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 05-04-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I got a new Shorter hair style to celebrate my 40lbs weight loss! Yippy, will post a pic soon!
40 lbs is awesome! Definitely post pics! I loooove short hair. Wish I could pull it off!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Pics

So... the short hair pic is from yesterday. The other pic is from New Year's Eve. I can really see the difference now. My goal for May is to see 170 on the scale. It may be overzealous, considering I am majorily BLOATED from TOM today, and weigh in is tomorrow BUT, I have been exercising much more, and I hope I can make it happen!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
question for the runners..

Great catching up on everyone! I have not been able to get on nearly as much as I'd like lately. Love the hair Rachel!

A quick question for the runners..A friend just asked me to do a half-marathon in September. I am NOT a runner but I would like to have a goal like this for myself. Is it realistic to think I could start running and actually be able to complete a half by September? I am going to look for some training plans on-line, but curious how long it took you to get to that point.

Thanks,
Barb
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Great catching up on everyone! I have not been able to get on nearly as much as I'd like lately. Love the hair Rachel!

A quick question for the runners..A friend just asked me to do a half-marathon in September. I am NOT a runner but I would like to have a goal like this for myself. Is it realistic to think I could start running and actually be able to complete a half by September? I am going to look for some training plans on-line, but curious how long it took you to get to that point.

Thanks,
Barb
Barb, I never ran before but got an inspiration from the runners who were a "little older" on this board and used the couch to 5 K training program. You can download it from itunes. I followed it for 4 weeks and then realized that I can just run non-stop for 3 miles first and finally ran 5 miles in 48 minutes. I was shocked that I was never out of breath, it was so easy. Did that for about 3 months, 3 times a week and then started noticing a pain in my hip, thought that it was a muscle pain but it was not. I did planed to run half-marathon but my doctor said I should not. I guess all the years of being overweight put a heavy burden on our joints. So I would say try and see if it works for you but be careful.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ckmom15
Stats: 163/163/135
WOE: mwl
Start Date: april 12, 2011
Omg swirve!! You look AMAZING!! I can definitely see a huge difference! Keep up the good work girl!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
So... the short hair pic is from yesterday. The other pic is from New Year's Eve. I can really see the difference now. My goal for May is to see 170 on the scale. It may be overzealous, considering I am majorily BLOATED from TOM today, and weigh in is tomorrow BUT, I have been exercising much more, and I hope I can make it happen!
You look great!!!! The short hair really shows how much smaller your face is. You must be so proud of the way you look. Keep up the great job. I'll post a picture once I hit my goal.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ttpharmd
Stats: 178.5/166.5/155
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Restarted 2/15/13
Swrveegrl-- you look awesome!
That is a very cute hairstyle for you and goes well with your face shape!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Every other week

My body is on a different plan I believe. It's on the every other week weight loss plan . I lose weight every other week. Yesterday at my WI I lost .8 The nurse tells me to up my protein due to my workouts. I have been going to different bootcamps and tried a class that had boxing and TRX. So yes burning a bunch of calories, but the thought of adding more meat is making me sick! I really am at the point where I have to make myself chew up the protein that I eat and she's asking me to double it!

I know I have read on here that several of you have lost your weight with little or no exercise and some have worked out and ran and played sports without ever increasing your calories. im trying not to over think it, but when the scale doesn't move it's discouraging.

Help!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Bottom line: YOU LOOK HOT!!!!!! This is so encouraging!!! Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

Thanks,
Barb
I second Irina's suggestion of C25K program. Like I have said over, and over I have NEVER run for more than a few steps at any one time in my WHOLE life....even as a kid. I started "jogging" a little bit during our walks, only to have the muscles behind my knees tighten up so much I could barely walk (I'm NOT exaggerating). I also tried to time myself to see how long I could jog, and never could do it more than about 45 SECONDS! So when I decided to try this program INSTEAD of walking 6 -7.5 miles four times a week, I wasn't sure I could handle the knee discomfort, or that my lungs could do it either.

That was 5 weeks ago......I feel GREAT! My knees (or the muscles around the knee) hurt when I started, but each time I do what the program tells me to do, it AMAZES me both mentally and physically. I wasn't sure I could run for 3 minutes.....but I did it, then I was SCARED to try to run for 5 minutes....but on Easter morning I did it, then when I saw that I was supposed to jump to running for 8 minutes I wasn't sure.......but yesterday I DID it! BTW my knees still feel a LITTLE stiff, but remember I'm 59, and they actually feel better than they have in years.

I think for me at least, it's MUCH easier to be listening to someone prompt you to "run now" and to listen to your own music (Iphone) until that same prompt says "walk now" than to leave it up to my "mind" which FREQUENTLY tells me "YOU CAN'T":mad:

I'm planning on running my first ever 5K in a couple of weeks....so I'd say GO FOR IT! you CAN do your race in September

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 05-05-2011 at 06:03 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
STUNNING!!!! I hope you donated that beautiful hair to Locks of Love or some place like that. I really LOVE the short 'do. You are GORGEOUS!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
My body is on a different plan I believe.

Remember there are other ways to get your protein in. Try the shakes (Medi or maybe one of the many suggested here) or a protein bar. Just be careful with the bars, my clinic wanted me to use them only 2x a week.
I know I went through a period where I couldn't choke down another bite of chicken and they helped me.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

THANKS TO ALL

Thanks so much everyone for your lovely comments! YES I did donate my hair. I donated 11 inches to locks of love. It was fabulous and rewarding!
I seem to be on the same weight loss plan of every other week, but I try not to get down about it, because it all evens out! Weigh in today
Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
YES I did donate my hair. I donated 11 inches to locks of love. It was fabulous and rewarding!
Good for you!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Swirveegrl: LOVE the hair, you look great! Between the hair cut and the weightloss you look so young! Congrats to you girl! Great job!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Wow! I've been busy! Just finished with my students yesterday. Going tomorrow to youngest DD's, she will graduate from grad school on Saturday; I'll be next with graduation in January! I've got less than 4 months to lose 20 to 25 lbs so back at goal and fitting in my mother of the bride dress eldest dear daughter (bride) and I picked out and purchased almost 4 1/2 months and 17 lbs ago. I think it's so doable to be 140 within 2 months, 161. 7 this AM on home scales. Probably will set up appt with MWL in a week or so to check back in....it's been on hold due to craziness of grad classes and work the past few months. Reading every few days here has been a help! It was great to read Mary T8M and Tiffany (Enigma's) post from the end of April and discussion of short sleeves, running, etc! I miss being in that mindset!!! I'm heading back in that direction! I even changed my cell phone "wallpaper" to have a photo of me doing the 5K in late September when I did by first 5 K with the Race for the Cure!! I'm excited that "School's OUT for summer!!!"

(Thanks Lea for checking in on me....I'm back! Wanna get together sometime this summer, girlfriend?!)

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-05-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:

Thanks,
Barb
Hi Barb,

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this to you, but Hal Higgdon has a good plan for your first half marathon. If you start now I think it would be totally possible. C25K is great to get you started and cool runnings website has a good forum (I mentioned this before) for beginning runners and 200lbplus club- but most people there have lost their weight yet still love posting there
You can search for each of these things I mentioned and their website's will come up.

Good luck with your runs!
Kristine
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
YouTube - mediweightloss's Channel

Just reposting this link of my latest interview on Daytime TV!
Great interview Jerome!! You two are great and I'm sure it's such a motivation to stick with it because you are now exercising and doing the MWL lifestyle together! Shawna looks wonderful! Tell her I said hello! Does she spin with you? Run?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Irina, Mary and Kristine, thanks for the running info. I have read posts about
C25K, but had no idea I could load it onto my phone and get prompted, very cool! That alone makes me want to try it!

I'm going to itunes and will give it a try starting Monday!

Thanks,
Barb
Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Wow! I've been busy! Just finished with my students yesterday. Going tomorrow to youngest DD's, she will graduate from grad school on Saturday; I'll be next with graduation in January! I've got less than 4 months to lose 20 to 25 lbs so back at goal and fitting in my mother of the bride dress eldest dear daughter (bride) and I picked out and purchased almost 4 1/2 months and 17 lbs ago. I think it's so doable to be 140 within 2 months, 161. 7 this AM on home scales. Probably will set up appt with MWL in a week or so to check back in....it's been on hold due to craziness of grad classes and work the past few months. Reading every few days here has been a help! It was great to read Mary T8M and Tiffany (Enigma's) post from the end of April and discussion of short sleeves, running, etc! I miss being in that mindset!!! I'm heading back in that direction! I even changed my cell phone "wallpaper" to have a photo of me doing the 5K in late September when I did by first 5 K with the Race for the Cure!! I'm excited that "School's OUT for summer!!!"

(Thanks Lea for checking in on me....I'm back! Wanna get together sometime this summer, girlfriend?!)
Have a great time at the graduation! Just wanted you to know your posts helped inspire me to start this program and I'm cheering for you! You can do it!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You look amazing! You have really accomplished so much in such a short time. Congrats!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
Start Date: 4/11/2011
I have NEVER ran in my life but on Monday I start the C25K (Couch 2 5K) program. There is a running group in my area that actually hold classes that are 8 weeks long on this. The cost is $80 but at the end of the program, you are prepared and running a 5K (3miles) without stopping. I can't wait until Monday!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

You people are awesome!

All of your kind compliments mean SO VERY MUCH to me. Thank you so much. I did what I dread most every year, bought a swimsuit. It looks great from the waist UP ugghh leg press machine here I come
Setting Sail for the Bahamas May 24- I'm scared about staying on plan, but my clinic seems to think I have the makings of a true success story. I pray they are right! I think the hubby will help keep me in check as well!

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 05-05-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have a great time at the graduation! Just wanted you to know your posts helped inspire me to start this program and I'm cheering for you! You can do it!
Thanks Barbwired! You have been doing GREAT! I love seeing everyone's success on this site!! I will begin week one (AGAIN) on Monday. When seeing DD in KS City she has plans for us for her graduation celebration and then for taking me out somewhere she's planned for lunch Sunday for Mother's Day. I don't want to spoil her fun...so I'll just wait til Monday. Gotta be sure to take quick snacks that I can grab and eat while at work, and choose to drink water instead of diet soda throughout the day. I did week 1 for seven days a few wks ago and lost 10 lbs. I wished I would have stuck with it. Now that class is over I plan to PLAN better and get into the habit of a mealplan that will work for the rest of my life! I definitely plan to get back to reading the book I bought a couple months ago "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkuerst (sp?)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kwag
week 2 weigh in I am down a total 13 lbs! I love reading the post it really helps with the motivation! I was surprised when I weighed in today I lost 4 lbs. I made some not the best food choices this week it was teacher appreciation and the parents spoiled me. This week will be better I know it! Good luck everyone!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwag View Post
week 2 weigh in I am down a total 13 lbs! I love reading the post it really helps with the motivation! I was surprised when I weighed in today I lost 4 lbs. I made some not the best food choices this week it was teacher appreciation and the parents spoiled me. This week will be better I know it! Good luck everyone!
Great job!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!!! And I think teachers should always be spoiled!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
I weigh in today but am only down about a half pound today (I was down another pound yesterday) this follows last weeks only one pound loss. I just don't see how I can keep paying $70 a week for such a small loss. I am only on week five and each week the weight loss has been less. I am happy with the (as of this morning) 12 pound loss but this a lot of money for me and an hour drive each week.

I have kept my carb count really low and have never been out of ketosis since I started. I eat keep my calories in between 700-900 calories, with any extra calories coming from lean protein. I eat about 2-3 Medi bars and about 2 protein shakes a week. No fruit other than a few blackberries. No items off of the plan at all. I am getting very discouraged.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaann View Post
I weigh in today but am only down about a half pound today (I was down another pound yesterday) this follows last weeks only one pound loss. I just don't see how I can keep paying $70 a week for such a small loss. I am only on week five and each week the weight loss has been less. I am happy with the (as of this morning) 12 pound loss but this a lot of money for me and an hour drive each week.

I have kept my carb count really low and have never been out of ketosis since I started. I eat keep my calories in between 700-900 calories, with any extra calories coming from lean protein. I eat about 2-3 Medi bars and about 2 protein shakes a week. No fruit other than a few blackberries. No items off of the plan at all. I am getting very discouraged.
I know that it can be really discouraging because we all expect to lose big every week and I just don't believe our bodies are made that way.

I did week on again for a couple of days this week because I to was only losing 1-2 pounds for a few weeks. I have my weigh-in at noon so I'll update my Stats to see if that helped.

Some comments on the forum is to have a cheat day but only if you have been following the plan. About a month ago I had a cheat day and when I went for my weigh-in I lost 4 pounds that week. Only do it if you have enough willpower to not go overboard too much and won't have a problem going back on plan. Don't give up and just look at how much you've lost so far.
Closed Thread