Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Craving Corner: What's Your Weakness and How Do You Deal With It?

Hey Everyone: I'm really having a hard time with almonds lately!!!!!! I actually asked my husband to hide them because I kept going back to get more! Then, I had about a week where I didn't have any because they weren't in the house. But today... I really needed SOMETHING salty and crunchy! So, I bought more almonds and vowed to just have a few... Well, let's just say I've asked my husband to take them out of the house again!!! And I walked an extra 30 minutes, hopefully to counteract the slip up!! So, I'm really wondering how you all deal with crazy cravings??? What do you really crave and then what do you do?? For me, it's been to simply remove the offending item from my home. What works for you? Do you have great substitutes for that piece of chocolate? A neat idea when the nacho-craving hits?? Please share!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
I have two that just won't let go of me.
The first is presweetened Lipton Tea Mix. I started to use it just a smidge in a glass of water in college to mask how off the water tasted. Needless to say, I made it stronger and stronger over the years. I am addicted to it. The only way to deal with it is to brew my own Lipton iced tea, plain and keep it really cold in the fridge, not even artificial sweeteners. If I keep it ice cold and plain I can get past the craving for the sugar laden version.

The second is sub or hoagies rolls. The only way I can deal with that is to use Ezekial bread a few times a month to make cheesesteaks, etc and that does it. The texture of that bread gives me the chew and it doesn't stall me at all. It has been a lifesaver.
StyngerIsAScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
Mine is Peanut Butter. And like you I have my husband hide it. But I always seem to find it, or is it finding me
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I am horrible with almonds too!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Mine is chocolate. I have learned over the last couple of months that it is truly an addiction. Most of it is in my mind... the feeling of momentary elation when it goes in my mouth proves it. It really bugs meto feel like this. But, I am working on it
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'll second it for Peanutbutter. Instead of opening a jar, I've done two different things......one is I bought PB2 from Netrition. It's not totally like real PB but does the trick on celery or an apple. The other thing I found now that I'm closer to goal is the individual servings of Jif To Go has worked. I bought it mainly so I could have some PB without opening the whole jar.......not so much for me, but for DH....IF the jar is open it's like it's HIS job to EMPTY it!

You MIGHT try something like a WHOLE dill pickle to munch on when you have any craving. My center suggested this early on when I read something about a suggestion of "a few dill pickle chips" on one of the printed sheets I picked up. My "nurse" said to buy a WHOLE Dill pickle and just pick it up and munch away. She said using ALL of your senses whould help with the cravings. She was right! Seeing it, Holding it, smelling it, hearing the crunch, tasting it, wiping up the juice really helped. I bought a HUGE jar at Sam's, and I'm NOT really a "pickle person" That may be one of the reasons it works! I've tried SO many things I'd never eaten before!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ERINLYNN
Stats: 304/231/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 04/02/2011
I have such a hard time staying away from peanut butter and chocolate!!!! I miss funy bones so much LOL .... I totally wish I wasn't some who lived to eat and just ate to live but I am definitely no!!!! i just plain love food But i am working on it.....
ERINLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote