Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
For the ladies: Any water rentention before that time of month?

I started MWL 3 weeks ago and I'm super happy with the results. I lost 9 pounds the first week, 3 pounds the second week and weighed in today and lost 2.2 more pounds. However, in week 2 I lost 4 pounds of fat and retained .6 pounds of water. In this week 3 weigh-in I lost 3.8 pounds of fat and retained 1.2 pounds of water. The first week (when I lost 9 pounds) was the only time I lost water weight. I lost 3.4 pounds of water and lost 4.4 pounds of fat.

My period is supposed to start next week and I was wondering if anyone else had similar results during that time of month? If so, did you see a considerable weight loss during the weigh-in after your period to compensate for the retained water?
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Yes, I always (and still do now in maintenance) retain water the week prior to my period...anywhere from 2-4 lbs. Now I go right back to my normal weight as soon as my period starts, but in acute I always saw good results. Good luck!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Yes, I always (and still do now in maintenance) retain water the week prior to my period...anywhere from 2-4 lbs. Now I go right back to my normal weight as soon as my period starts, but in acute I always saw good results. Good luck!
Thanks for the response, Keri! So, it may be possible that I make up that 1.8 pounds of water rentention after my period in addition to the fat I may lose in the next week?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Yes, definitely possible. It might take 2 weigh-ins to lose all of the water weight though, depending on where your weigh ins fall with the TOM start. I was notorious through my acute where I would have 2 average weigh ins, 1 not so good one, then one great one....all throughout it was like that.

I now weigh about 156-157 daily....but the week before TOM I weigh 160ish....then within the first 2 days of my period starting I go back to my normal weight. I really used to panic about it, but my clinic really helped me figure out this is my norm for my body. Time will only help you figure it out, try to track it for a few months and you'll know!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your help. Your stats are truly inspirational!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Anytime! And thank you!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I do the samething. I am always up water weight the week prior to, or the week of my time of the month. But yes a week or two later it is all gone, and the cycle literally starts over again......lol Make sure you drink all 128 oz of water the week prior, sometimes that helps.

One time they took my waist measurment one week, and then the next week I was up water because of my time of the month, and I had them measure my waist again. I gained 1.5 inches in my waist that week, but 2 weeks later I was back down those inches. I know it was due to the lovely monthly visitor.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prathima
Stats: current 150,5"5 and half ,goal 130
Start Date: 8/5/2011
ketosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Yes, definitely possible. It might take 2 weigh-ins to lose all of the water weight though, depending on where your weigh ins fall with the TOM start. I was notorious through my acute where I would have 2 average weigh ins, 1 not so good one, then one great one....all throughout it was like that.

I now weigh about 156-157 daily....but the week before TOM I weigh 160ish....then within the first 2 days of my period starting I go back to my normal weight. I really used to panic about it, but my clinic really helped me figure out this is my norm for my body. Time will only help you figure it out, try to track it for a few months and you'll know!
do you fall out of ketosis on your TOM? i fell out of ketosis teh week prior , but i went back to acute and then my TOM started i retain like 5 pounds of water weight usually during TOM, but i dont see the ketosis on the strips, its not negative but its the lightest shade after negative(5), im worried , i dont see weight loss not does ketosis appear on the sticks, i only have 15 pounds to loose but i workout like crazy, i dont see a reason i shouldnt lose weight, and im unsure when i can ad veggies, its over 1.5 weeks ive been in acute now to get back to ketosis.are my expectations correct? am i doing something wrong in the diet?
prathima is offline   Reply With Quote