Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1 - #2

The original "Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1" thread has been closed due to its size.

Please continue the discussion in this thread.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Used2Bfine
Stats: 5'3" 228/216.2/135
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 04/07/2011
Day 6 - Week 1

Hi All,

Tomorrow is weigh in so I will let you know how it goes. I have not been having any trouble with the VLCD, but I have noticed starting yesterday that I am exhausted. Is there anything I can do to help with that???
Used2Bfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2Bfine View Post
Hi All,

Tomorrow is weigh in so I will let you know how it goes. I have not been having any trouble with the VLCD, but I have noticed starting yesterday that I am exhausted. Is there anything I can do to help with that???
Hi and welcome! Yes, I was very tired and weak my first week, too, and many others here report the same. Of course, everyone is different, but after a few days the carb withdrawal made me feel almost like I had the flu.
My clinic suggested that when that happened I could drink a warm cup of chicken broth - that always made me feel better. Also, the weakness will subside once your body levels out, after a week or so. Definitely check with your clinic, though. So glad to hear that otherwise you're doing well!!
AnnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rootette
I feel encouraged, two full days completed, starting 3rd day, very hungry but I just stepped on my scale and lost 4 lbs already... " WINNING "

Last edited by Rootette; 04-14-2011 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: Typo
Rootette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amaraya
Stats: 190/190/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: April 2011
Hi everyone! I just wanted to quickly introduce myself- I'm "Amaraya" and I live in central Florida. I've been working on weight issues since high school and have had plenty of ups and downs along the way. I topped out at 287 in 2006 when I started working on losing weight the last time. Since then I've been doing a lot of different programs- Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc - lots and lots of different things. They all sort of work for awhile and then I get stuck. Thankfully, I haven't been gaining back so over time I've been progressing in the right direction to get me where I am today - sort of hovering between 185 and 190. The problem is I've been hovering for at least 7 months now and nothing seems to get it started again.

While I'm very happy with the weight I've lost so far, I feel like I didn't come all this way to chill out 40 pounds from the finish line. I'm really desperate to find something that will push me to my goal weight - the faster the better. I've been reading through all your entries and I'm hoping this is it. I have my first appointment scheduled for Monday.

One of my main motivations is a theatre audition I have at the end of May (I'm an actress with some local groups). I want to be positively svelte. I've been working out like a fiend (P90X) for about a month and, while I can tell it's making a difference in my strength and endurance, even that hasn't helped drop this weight.

So here goes. I'm looking forward to using these boards as a major support source as I'm doing this on my own (no husband or kids to try to plan meals around, which is a relief!).
amaraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Used2Bfine
Stats: 5'3" 228/216.2/135
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 04/07/2011
6.5 pounds for week one. I will take it. Rough weekend, I have been out of Ketosis since Friday But I am right back in the swing, going back to straight protein until I'm back in. How long does it usually take once you are out to get back in?

I have weigh in again on Wed. and I am hoping that at least if I didn't lose anything that I am not up.
Used2Bfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Amaraya, I see we are in the same small city. Let me know if you want to become weightloss buddies! I am doing the Medi Program for the second time and have about 70 pounds i would like to use.

Good luck on your progress!
butterflytrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tas0118
Stats: 285/278/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinics
Start Date: April 11, 2009
I just finished my first week as well and lost 6.5 pounds. I was hoping for a litttle more but I am very happy with the 8 pounds fat gone!

Sure motivates me more for week two.
tas0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
Amaraya, I see we are in the same small city. Let me know if you want to become weightloss buddies! I am doing the Medi Program for the second time and have about 70 pounds i would like to use.

Good luck on your progress!
I would love to Butterflytrg! Today was actually my first visit to the clinic so tomorrow will be Day 1 of the diet. I did my shopping today and just ate my "last supper". I'm nervous! It would be nice to have someone nearby to work with! I'm on my own in my apartment here so any support would be great!

I'll send a friend request if I can figure out how. Maybe we can get in touch.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katsco
Stats: 215/208/150
WOE: MEDI
I just started the diet on Friday. It's Tuesday and for the last two days I have felt pretty rotten. According to my scales, I've lost 7 pounds. I'm not hungry at all, just occasionally weak and slightly nauseated. Everytime I try to work out, I feel like I'm going crumble- I just don't have any energy.

I have to say that I am so pumped!! I've tried all of the other programs and never seen this type of result. I'm counting on my energy returning soon- when that happens, look out! :0)
Katsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katertot
Stats: 230/150
Start Date: April 18, 2011
Hi all! I'm new to LCB and have re-started my program with Medi, yesterday 4/18. This site seemed like it provided a lot of information, recipe's, and motivation that I hope to keep me on my path to success.

About a year ago I originally started medi but I wasn't serious about it. Now, I have less than 5 months till I marry the guy of my dreams and not only do I want to look fabulous on that day but I want to feel amazing too. This time around I am determined to lose the pounds that are weighing me down!

Today is day 2, I did my shopping over the weekend so I was prepared for Monday's appointment and things are going well. I had the WORST "no-caffeine" headache last night. To make matters worse we were in the bowling alley (FH and I are on a league)when it struck me and I had to pull through 2 more games before we were homebound and I could pop open the Motrin.

My Keytones are between the small to moderate levels - YAY!
Katertot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ttpharmd
Stats: 178.5/166.5/155
Start Date: Restarted 2/15/13
This is a short article about a study they did of people on low-carb diets vs low-fat diets. I hope it's reassuring to the newbies who think they will never be able to stop the carb cravings!

Food cravings: Eliminating some foods may also elimate cravings for them - latimes.com
ttpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mh128
Stats: 258/258/170
Start Date: April 21, 2011
First Day

New to LCF, I live here in Central Florida and I am going to my first appointment this afternoon, and then to the store and to clean out the fridge. I have tried other diets but nothing seems to work, need to loose about 70 lbs. I have been reading this forum for a few days and can't wait to post my successes. Wish me luck, a little nervous.
mh128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I have a question for you guys. I have a slight problem with memory related to a car accident and have a question. My office is closed until Monday so hopefully someone here can help me. Seeing that this is my second go around with Medi I should remember this but...oh, well. On week 2 and ongoing, I know I have 500 calories from PROTEIN. However, the 25 carbs that I'm allowed, is that asside from the carbs in the 500 calorie protein? I know I can have 2 cups of vegies or 1 cup vegie and one cup fruit. I have been counting the 25 carbs as part of my protein and since they are lean protein, I never get near 25 and I seem to be eating less then I did last go around.
Also, I have been in ketosis continuously but haven't lost ANY weight in the last 4 days. Could this be to me getting the numbers wrong and not eating enough?
Please Help!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Amaraya, I am having difficulty navigating this site as well. Feel free to e-mail me at Seduuuctive@gmail.com and maybe we can become walking buddies.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blm207
WOE: Medi Weight
Start Date: 4/20/11
Greetings,

Hello All,

My first visit here. I have an initial visit on tuesday to start program. I am not sure what to expect. I have to succeed in this program or I might not be around to see the things one expects to see in ones life, namely marriage of my beautiful daughters or my grandchildren. I am 48 divorced and have gone through some tough times in the last five or so years. I am currently weighing in at 380 at 6'3, with complications with type II diabetes, blood flow problems to my legs and cholesterol reading off the chart. My occupation is a truck driver and I may not qualify to drive if I dont improve soon. So any support will be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

Shane
blm207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011

You will find LOADS of encouragement and super ideas/input here!
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blm207
WOE: Medi Weight
Start Date: 4/20/11
THANKS!!!!!
blm207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Made it through Day 1

This first day was not as bad as I thought it would be until about 6:30 tonight, I started getting real hungry, but I stuck with it. I was real worried about how my Diabetes would be affected today without eating any carbs. Good news is everything was fine, I checked my blood at least 4 times today and it was in the normal range all day! Has anyone else with Type II diabetes gone through week 1, and if so any problems?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mmcarter
Stats: 234/234/138
WOE: Medi Weightloss
First Day

I think my first day will be tomorrow, and it's mostly because of the sincere and strong encouragement I've found on this forum. I was doing some research on Medi and came across this site. I have to say it is certainly more helpful to have someplace to get information and insight from those who've been there and done that. I say that tomorrow may be my first day because I only scheduled a consult, but now I'm hoping that they'll see me for a first appointment. Thanks to all of you - Susie, McBoo and others who are willing to share your experiences and struggles with others.
mmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Welcome to all the new people ~ how wonderful to see so many of you "joining up" in this healthy journey! Of course, each clinic is a bit different, but I have been very lucky to have found an extremely knowledgeable dietician in mine, who has been guiding me through my maintenance, and now, wellness phases. She's personable & seems to anticipate my nutritional and lifestyle needs. Be sure to expect answers to your questions, and good information at all of your appointments... you're certainly paying enough!
The other big support system that helped me be successful so far is this site. I come here everyday to read the latest notes and believe me, there have been days that these folks have kept me going in the right direction! There's also support for days when one is NOT so successful... and just needs "listening ears."
The most important component, of course, is your motivation to succeed, and I congratulate you and taking this first, very hard step. For me, it has become easier and easier as I adjusted to this WOL... and I do get to eat things from all of the food groups everyday!
Good luck to all of you... let us know how you're doing!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Welcome MMCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcarter View Post
I think my first day will be tomorrow.
Welcome to your first day! This site really does have a lot of great insight to get you motivated and stay on track. Look forward to seeing your updates as we go through this journey of a life style change.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdent
Start Date: April 21,2011
Hi-
I went for my 1st appt. yesterday & went straight to the grocery store. I started at 3 p.m. yesterday so today is the official 1st day. So far so good, I had 2 egg whites w/ FF cheese omelet and turkey sausage...is that okay? They told me FF American Cheese was ok. I thought it should be "harder" but it was good.
This thread has really inspired me. Thanks!
kdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: excited2losew8t
I am new too!

Hello to all of you Central Fla. Girlies!!! I am in Lakeland!! I would love to buddy up w/you gals once in a while too! I love this encouragment on this forum!! I lost 10pds after week 1 weigh in, and I think I have lost around 3pds - 5pds so far on week 2 (I weigh in on Monday) (it's Sat. morn. right now as I write this). I am amazed at how quickly my body has adjusted to the big changes!! Yay!! I have even built up shocking endurance in my exercise (one mile a day) (very sloooowww jog)! I am so thankful that my sister-in-law pointed me in this direction to do this diet! This has lifted my spirits so much!! We are cookin' girlies!! Please keep posting as we can encourage each other to stay with it!!!
excited2losew8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

excited2losew8t,

contact me on my e-mail I have post above. We are neighbors and maybe able to help each other thru this too.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Victory!!

I just had to share my tiny bit of good news. I'm on day 5 and chugging along fine. I had an appointment far away from home so I planned ahead and ate before I left as well as took my as. Long story short, a series of unfortunate events caused me to be delayed and now my appt is pushed back 2 hours and I ended up stranded and starving. I walked into a nearby sandwich and salad place and did my best- a side tuna salad and some water. Well I just looked up the nutritional info on the company's website and it was the perfect choice - 300 calories, 5 carbs, 29g protein. I was so happy I resisted the tempting stuff and figured out the right thing away from home. Anyway, just had to share.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaraya View Post
I just had to share my tiny bit of good news. I'm on day 5 and chugging along fine. I had an appointment far away from home so I planned ahead and ate before I left as well as took my as. Long story short, a series of unfortunate events caused me to be delayed and now my appt is pushed back 2 hours and I ended up stranded and starving. I walked into a nearby sandwich and salad place and did my best- a side tuna salad and some water. Well I just looked up the nutritional info on the company's website and it was the perfect choice - 300 calories, 5 carbs, 29g protein. I was so happy I resisted the tempting stuff and figured out the right thing away from home. Anyway, just had to share.

You did GREAT you should be soooo proud of yourself!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaraya View Post
Congratulations!!! Isn't it an AWESOME feeling to break those old habits
Each step you take in this weightloss journey is extra special... so, it's great to hear your triumph Have a great weekend! Great job

~* Sherri
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone. Driving home I was thinking about how different I'd feel if I had given into the various justifications for eating off the plan ("well, I can't help it", "it's beyond my control that I'm trapped away from my food", "one meal won't kill me") and I just thought of how lousy I'd feel if I'd thrown myself off my progress this early on for some momentary deliciousness. We really are getting our bodies to function in a specific way and the last thing we need is throw the brakes on and start again. It's always hardest to start pedaling the bike - but once it's going, it's a lot easier to just keep pedaling.

Anyway, I just thought this might be helpful if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. There's always some justification to go off the plan, but maybe fast forward a few hours and imagine the two different conversations you'll be having in your head depending your two different decisions.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: excited2losew8t
Hey everyone!! Butter I sent an email to you - Amaraya~"Great Job" Girlie!!! Ahhh the temptations on the first wk are outta this world!! Way to go!!! Wow, I don't know about you guys but, omg, I spent what seemed like hrs. at the groc. store last night! I have never read so many labels in my life! lol I cannot believe the junk that I used to eat!!! Everything is LOADED w/CARBS!!! No wonder I am having to diet!! One great thing about this is that I am becoming educated about food! I know that I can make better choices just by reading labels from now on!!! TTYL!
excited2losew8t is offline   Reply With Quote