Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kitten1974
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 7/27/11
Hi all...I had my first weight in this past Saturday and I'm down 7 lbs...woo hoo! Made all the suffering worth it.
Kitten1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
That's awesome! Congratulations!

My initial visit is tomorrow afternoon. Pretty excited to get going.
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maurilius
Stats: 243/224/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2011
A couple of people above mentioned being hungry in their first week, which concerns me. I don't know about all flavors of the low carb approach but as a general rule you should *not* be hungry on a low carb diet, and if you are you should eat something, now! Preferably something high fat. Being hungry can actually help defeat the diet by driving you to making bad food choices.

You can follow the diet exactly and feel not only not hungry, but "satiated", which, for me, is a strong feeling of comfort where my stomach is sending constant signals saying, "Everything is fine here, no more food please!"

This is a way of eating where not only is there no nobility in starving for the cause, but you are specifically prohibited from starving. So go eat already!

(I started by microwaving a couple of sausage patties when I got hungry; the Jones brand are particularly good. Now I've switched to smoked fish/salmon for the stretch between lunch and dinner and it's a wonderful snack.)
Maurilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wolf39us
Had my initial consultation today

207.5 lbs @ 5'9

124/77 BP

30.6 BMI

----------------------------

My goal is to get down to 165lbs --

I start the diet tomorrow, I doubt this is gonna be fun, so I went to the store and picked up these Ham and lean turkey 90 calorie 2oz packets to munch on through out the day

And I also grabbed some eggs and cottage cheese and crystal light

I'm broke for the next week, any other suggestions??
wolf39us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
I had my initial visit today and start tomorrow, too.

Come to the August Aspirations thread!
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prathima
Stats: current 150,5"5 and half ,goal 130
Start Date: 8/5/2011
First weigh in

Hello all

i had my first weigh in yesterday, lost 5 pounds(3 lb fat) pretty happy about that, i have bad thighs, but i do notice im sizing down.....15 more to go..hopefully ill stick with the diet and workouts. earned my veggies back- happy about it!! good luck to you all.
prathima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: triplets6
Hi, am new here...in week one, day 5 at the Paramus clinic. The headaches have passed, I am not really hungry just still very light headed and weak. Plus some loose bowels. Any ideas except pickles and boullion? Also, when did people regain their real energy...hope it is soon! thanks
triplets6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kgracie71
Stats: 168/168/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Aug 8, 2011
first weigh in--disapointing.

I weighed in today and have only lost 3.8. I am so disappointed since I had followed the program to the letter, and really felt like things were shifting around. I guess I was hoping for a 6-10 loss in the first week and was sad to see such a low number. I am ready to give up and start back to Weight Watchers---it is cheaper, more adaptable, and gives me the same results.

Anyone else have a bad first weigh in?
kgracie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ThisIsIt!
Stats: 184/?/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/3/2012
Hey there! 3rd day on the program, so far so good! A little weak, but reading the forums I saw some people suggested you drink some warm chicken broth, and boy did that help! Don't have any cravings, and not extremely hungry either! Just one question, the clinic said I could have "fat free" coffeemate or "sugar free" flavored cofeemate. I use 2 tablespoons in my coffee every morning, which equals 30 calories and 4 grams of carbs. Is that going to affect my ability to go into ketosis? I start testing tomorrow, so not really sure. Anyone drink it often too?
ThisIsIt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
I am sorry you had what you feel to be a crappy first week. Where are you in your cycle? For the past three months, the week of my period I loose muscle but hang onto water, so my results for the week look low. Until I wait it out, and within a day or so after my period starts, I am down the extra few pounds. Maybe try this for a full month and see how it goes? I, too am in Southwest florida. Cape Coral!
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgracie71 View Post
I weighed in today and have only lost 3.8. I am so disappointed since I had followed the program to the letter, and really felt like things were shifting around. I guess I was hoping for a 6-10 loss in the first week and was sad to see such a low number. I am ready to give up and start back to Weight Watchers---it is cheaper, more adaptable, and gives me the same results.

Anyone else have a bad first weigh in?
See my post, it was for you. I think I linked it wrong, though.)
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsIt! View Post
Hey there! 3rd day on the program, so far so good! A little weak, but reading the forums I saw some people suggested you drink some warm chicken broth, and boy did that help! Don't have any cravings, and not extremely hungry either! Just one question, the clinic said I could have "fat free" coffeemate or "sugar free" flavored cofeemate. I use 2 tablespoons in my coffee every morning, which equals 30 calories and 4 grams of carbs. Is that going to affect my ability to go into ketosis? I start testing tomorrow, so not really sure. Anyone drink it often too?
I use sugar free coffeemate everyday and have been steadily losing. Only onions and fruit really knock me out. Weird!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wolf39us
yikes!

blood work came back saying that I have Hypo Thyroidism

WTH?

Could be the reason I have a hell of a time losing a few pounds -- oh well, to a physician to get another opinion and/or treatment
wolf39us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ambrosia32
Stats: 247.5/238/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: August 11, 2011
Excited!!

I am new here and wanted to say Hi to everyone I am entering week #2 and am so excited! Thinking back... I don't remember ever really dieting. Before my children I was thin, ate right, always had a liter bottle of water with me. However for the past 11 years I have been slacking big time About a month ago I started walking 20 blocks every evening and it took about an hour! Now I am walking 27 blocks in 45 mins!! Even with walking I wasn't losing as much as I wanted as fast as I wanted to see the results. Then a coworker signed up for MEDI weightloss and lost 9lbs her first week. I figured if she could do it then so could I!! I lost 9.5lbs last week without the fat burner, medibolic melts and colon cleanser. So this week its on!! This is a little tricky because I am going on my coworker's information and my local physician. I am taking the Super B complex 4 times a day, a multi vitamin, and calcium. I know this is probably a big no no but I can't afford anything else. So if anyone has any recommendations or experience with this route I am all EARS!!

Last edited by ambrosia32; 08-20-2011 at 05:00 AM..
ambrosia32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Going to start - allergic to artificial sweeteners

Hi all! I found this thread and really enjoying all the great information!

A new Medi-Weightloss clinic has opened near me. They had a special on Living Social so I thought I would try it. Traveling for the next 2 weeks, so I will hopefully get started the first week of September.

Question to all - I have a severe allergy to aspartame/nutrasweet. I've tried other articifial sweeteners and they all make me sick. I can use sweet-n-low with no problems. Am I going to have any issues finding things that don't contain artificial sweeteners? Anyone else had this problem?

I would love to hear back. I've looked at some of the food (mainly drinks) suggested and can't use them. Other ideas?

Thanks!
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wmac
WOE: HCG
Start Date: restart 1/1/2012
I have seen the medi plan advertised in my local paper. Can somone please explain the program to me and the cost? (what I will need to buy) I have been doing hcg off and on and now have gained my weight back I really need to get started on something.

Thanks!!!!
wmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lindsann88
Stats: 190/170.4/140
Start Date: 8/27/11
Hi everyone! I just started MWL yesterday, at my highest weight ever with about 50 lb to lose. The lack of calories scares me, as I have always heard that it will throw your metabolism off and send you into starvation mode if you go under 1000 calories. Do the shots counteract this?
Yesterday I had a horrible headache, and ended up throwing up repeatedly at the end of the day, not able to keep dinner down. Has this happened to anyone else? Still looking forward to the diet though, and hoping that today is better and I'll see results soon!
lindsann88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tellfair
Start Date: August 2011
Jbjb93,

I started at one of the clinics outside of Chicago but unfortunately started before the Living Social promotion so couldn't take advantage of it. I'm going on my fourth week, and I have really used artificial sweetners, I could have but didn't really need to for protein shakes etc so maybe it won't be much of an issue for you.

Good luck!
Tellfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaC.NewJersey
Stats: 230/216/130
Start Date: 8/29/2011
I Joined in Paramus Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplets6 View Post
Hi, am new here...in week one, day 5 at the Paramus clinic. The headaches have passed, I am not really hungry just still very light headed and weak. Plus some loose bowels. Any ideas except pickles and boullion? Also, when did people regain their real energy...hope it is soon! thanks
Hi Triplets6- I joined in Paramus this morning. Their computers were down due to Irene yesterday but had my full work up. Can you tell me how your first week was? I was pretty satisfied with the staff except they didn't give me prices for anything at all. I wasn't surprised with the total being $321 since I did add the protein shakes and the Omega-3 supplement to my purchase. I had researched the prices last week and felt this was in the ball park.

On a separate note- can anyone tell me if they had any adverse reactions to the appetite suppressants or shots? The dr put me on phendimetrazine 35mg per meal (total 105mg/day). I am nervous that the suppressant plus the fat burner will drive up my bp. My hypertension is controlled at this point with meds. The dr assured me that i would most likely be fine.
LisaC.NewJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

I've been doing both -- the appetite suppressants and the shots and my bp has been going down every week. Started three weeks ago.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone know why low fat cottage cheese is allowed when light string cheese isn't? The string cheese I have is 50 cals, no sugar no carbs, also laughing cow light wedges are 35 cals, no sugar 1 carb. Even fat free cottage cheese has 3 grams sugar and three carbs. I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese but love my laughing cow light!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

At my clinic light string cheese is allowed. In fact it was encouraged, I ate a lot of it during the first week. I tend to eat more Laughing Cow now.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Day 2 is killing me!

Holy crap! It's only day 2 and I woke up with a wicked migraine this morning! I feel like crap too. Lightheaded and fatigued. I was extremely jittery last night after taking the fat burner, app. suppressant and calcium pill. Are these symptoms normal? Does anyone know when they subside?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
Hi all! I found this thread and really enjoying all the great information!

A new Medi-Weightloss clinic has opened near me. They had a special on Living Social so I thought I would try it. Traveling for the next 2 weeks, so I will hopefully get started the first week of September.

Question to all - I have a severe allergy to aspartame/nutrasweet. I've tried other articifial sweeteners and they all make me sick. I can use sweet-n-low with no problems. Am I going to have any issues finding things that don't contain artificial sweeteners? Anyone else had this problem?

I would love to hear back. I've looked at some of the food (mainly drinks) suggested and can't use them. Other ideas?

Thanks!

Almost all artificial sweeteners cause migraines for me. The only one I can tolerate in smaller doses is sucralose. For now, I am sticking to water and Smart Water (no sweetener, just electrolytes- the dietician recommended this one). Keep in mind that anything sweet that is sugar free will definitely have artificial sweetener in it. I can't wait for the end of week one so I can have some fruit again...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
Start Date: August 30 2011
First day today

Hi all!

I have been reading the boards and have gotten many tips to making the program work. Today is my first real day on diet, am nervous that I will be starving...not fun. I have had a few friends succeed on Medi so I have good expectations.

I am not taking the rx diet pill as prescribed, but breaking in half as it makes me too jittery. Last night it was difficult for me to sleep, probably due to the shot I got yesterday at 1st appt.

Look forward to being here
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC.NewJersey View Post
Holy crap! It's only day 2 and I woke up with a wicked migraine this morning! I feel like crap too. Lightheaded and fatigued. I was extremely jittery last night after taking the fat burner, app. suppressant and calcium pill. Are these symptoms normal? Does anyone know when they subside?
I had a horrible migraine as well, nauseous and very light headed for the first day and half of the second day. Now (ending my 4th day in) I feel great! Occasionally hungry, but really not even deprived. Hopefully yours will pass as well!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Thanks lindsann88. I feel even worse today though. I took an imitrex yesterday and had to sleep for 5 hours. Migraine went away for about 4 hours then came back. I woke up with it again today. I am going to stop taking the fat burner for now as that may be too much for my system on top of the sugar withdrawal. Normally, I will get migraines or cluster headaches every two weeks or so unless I encounter a trigger before then.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
@lisac.newjersey- I just recently started also. Today is day 5 for me. The first 2 days I had really bad headaches. They are gone now. I hope you feel better soon. Where are you from in NJ. I am originally from Toms River area/Ocean County, now live in S.C.
dawny95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawny95 View Post
@lisac.newjersey- I just recently started also. Today is day 5 for me. The first 2 days I had really bad headaches. They are gone now. I hope you feel better soon. Where are you from in NJ. I am originally from Toms River area/Ocean County, now live in S.C.

Hi dawnny95, I am from Ramsey, NJ. But used to spend every summer in Ortley and Toms River growing up. I haven't been to a beach in 16 years because I won't put on a bathing suit now!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
Start Date: August 30 2011
Day 2 today and definitely jittery, tired and hungry I may skip out work today and go home and lay around.

Feel a slight twinge of a headache coming on too.

Had an egg and Canadian bacon slice for breakfast.
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote