Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Teachercat
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/25/11
Yogurt

Thanks so much for the reply. It's Dannon Fat Free Greek yogurt-plain. I asked at the consultation if it could be any brand since the one listed on the shopping list is not a brand I'm familiar with. I was also told not to check Ketosis until the morning of my fourth day which will be tomorrow.
Teachercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #122
NCC
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCC
Stats: 225/198.4/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 6/10/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachercat View Post
Help. This is my second day. I thought I understood that I could have nonfat Greek yogurt so I ate it. Just saw where it has 9 grams of carbs. Did I misunderstand? Did I mess up? Doing well otherwise. Really excited.
Hi Teachercat,

I was told not to have any yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese or the vegetarian options for protein in my first week. But after the 1st week I am allowed to have it. Hope it helps. Not sure if other Medi clinics instruct differently- so go with what your clinic says.

Last edited by NCC; 06-27-2011 at 12:35 PM..
NCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

yougurt, first week, protein bars, etc.

I spoke with my consultant and she explained that the yogurt was O.K. as long as it was Greek zero fat. She explained the net carb theory about subtracting the alcohol sugar content and fiber (I think). Anyway, she said it was fine. She also told me I could have Laughing Cow Cheese or String Cheese. I'm just saying that for me that's what was said. I know that each person should stick with their consultant's advice.
I found a good brand (Saputo, Frigo Light String Cheese) of string cheese that I pull apart and eat in strips. I wrap some of the strips with strips from one slice of lean turkey lunch meat as a snack. The cheese is 60 cal. < 1 carb.and the one slice of lunch meat is 20 cal. Even with this snack I'm staying within my daily goal of 500 - 650 calories.
I appreciate all the replies. Today is my 6th day of my first week. Because of a previous appointment scheduled for tomorrow, I'm going for my 2nd visit and first weigh-in today even though I started the VLC diet last Saturday so it hasn't been a week yet.

Week recap. The first day was a breeze. I felt like I could climb mountains (hard to do in lower Alabama) so I cleaned out closets, etc. The second day I was starving. I had opted for the all natural appetite suppressant. I found for me it just didn't work. Day three I was also extremely hungry and had no energy. On day four, my consultant called from MWL to check on me (that's when I asked about the yogurt). I told her about the intense hunger so we agreed I'd take the phentermine. Yesterday, I took the lowest dosage, and I didn't think about food or watch the clock waiting for my next meal. I didn't have tons of energy, but I did find myself cleaning out a cabinet in the kitchen and I went swimming with my sister. My consultant and I also agreed that I'd wait until today for my B12 cocktail since my appointment is early.

I'll check in later to tell my results. Hope the info. is helpful.
P.S. If you haven't tasted MWL peanut butter protein bar yet, you're missing out. I had a sample bar, and today I plan on buying a box or two. The bar is yummy!!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
Start Date: 06/20/2011
Good luck, Teachercat!! I am looking forward to your 1st weekly weigh-in; that first week is always so exciting!
MrsPalombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

First week weigh-in

Well, I went for my first weigh in on the morning of my sixth day, thursdqy. I was pleased to have lost 7.3 lbs.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luv2laf
Newbie ..

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and would love any support or suggestions for week 1.

Thank you so much and best of luck to everyone on this journey
luv2laf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

That is FANTASTIC!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Luv2laf,
I'm fairly new so I have very little advice. However, one thing that my consultant told me and is written in some of the papers that I brought home, was to keep low or no fat beef or chicken broth on hand. I forgot about it, but I was starting to get dizzy and just feeling a little run-down by the middle of the day. I finally remembered the broth, and I ate a bowl of Swanson's fat free chicken broth. It was amazing, but after about 3 spoonsful, I started feeling better. After I finished the cup, I felt fine. Also, I use Morton's Lite Salt, once or twice a week, and that helps with the dizziness.
I was a little disappointed that at my second weighing I had only lost 1.5 lbs. I'm still not happy about it, but I was told that I had lost 3 lbs. of fat, and that my water weight was up. I had been having a hard time getting in all my water, and I had been drinking a lot of diet cola. So, my goal for my third week is to get my water in, get some form of exercise each day, and cut back to one or no diet sodas.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachercat View Post
I was a little disappointed that at my second weighing I had only lost 1.5 lbs. I'm still not happy about it, but I was told that I had lost 3 lbs. of fat, and that my water weight was up. I had been having a hard time getting in all my water, and I had been drinking a lot of diet cola. So, my goal for my third week is to get my water in, get some form of exercise each day, and cut back to one or no diet sodas.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Can't wait to see your week 3 weigh in! You're going to be SHOCKED!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Thansk for the suggestion. Tomorrow I will got out and get some broth as I have been having terrible headaches the last 2 days. Today is day 4 and I am down 6.2 lbs but I would love to hear what others have been doing as their daily routine for 500 calories of protein.

The water has been a challenge as usually I would have 1 32oz diet coke to last the day. I have been doing between minimum 2-3 liters a day of water with crystal light but that is starting to make me feel sick. Since I drank my 2 today I am treating myself with some caffeine free diet coke.

I would love to hear anyones suggestions on their 500 calories protein day.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Just went in for my six week appointment today. Even though I went on a trip for two weeks and had a wedding, bridal shower, and lots of family outings eating out (I only went off eating once, for the dinner of the wedding), I lost 7 more pounds. Very exciting!
Just wanted to share so newbies could be encouraged. Hope all is well with everyone on board.
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Well I had my 1st weight in Tuesday and was down 8.5 lbs. I was pretty happy but the headaches which seem to come on at nite are quite bothersome. I am in ketosis but the deep purple and they told me thats to much. I have been following as best as I can and get dry mouth which is bothersome ...

Hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC week.

L2L
Old 07-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

luv2laf,
8.5 is wonderful. Did they tell you that headaches can result from dehydration? Also, did they tell you the deep purple may be because of dehydration? I'm no expert, but I think that you really need to get some water in your system. For the dry mouth, here are some things I do. I buy sugarless gum in sticks. I just break off a small piece of one stick and chew if until the flavor is gone. I chew a total of one stick a day (when I'm away from home and can't brush) because I'm not a gum person. Wrigley's has a sugarless green mint chip (or something like that). Also, I drink one bottle of Powerade Zero a day. The chicken broth and Morton's salt helped me with the headaches.
I'm sure others with more experience should have some suggestions for you.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bubbbles2002
Question!

I am looking into this weight loss clinic....do they do the injections there? I still have 40 lbs to lose and seems like I am getting no where Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Bubbbles2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbbles2002 View Post
I am looking into this weight loss clinic....do they do the injections there? I still have 40 lbs to lose and seems like I am getting no where Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mine does injections. I opted out of the narcotic they prescribe, though. I am really sensitive to meds so I opted out. I am doing fine without it, losing every week.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kitten1974
Start Date: 7/27/11
Hi there...I'm brand new to this. I actually have my first appointment this coming Wednesday (7/27) and I'm just looking through this site to see what people have to say. A co-worker of mine joined MWL last year and has done great on it so I figured I'd give it a try. I have done Weight Watchers in the past and that works great but I just can't seem to stick to it anymore...at least at this point in my life.

My main concern is that I really like to drink on the weekends...how does MWL work with alcohol...I know there are a lot of carbs in alcohol...

Last edited by Kitten1974; 07-25-2011 at 11:51 AM..
Kitten1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten1974 View Post
Hi there...I'm brand new to this. I actually have my first appointment this coming Wednesday (7/27) and I'm just looking through this site to see what people have to say. A co-worker of mine joined MWL last year and has done great on it so I figured I'd give it a try. I have done Weight Watchers in the past and that works great but I just can't seem to stick to it anymore...at least at this point in my life.

My main concern is that I really like to drink on the weekends...how does MWL work with alcohol...I know there are a lot of carbs in alcohol...
Sending you some love and encouragement as you embark your new journey. I am starting month three today ( so I have two months behind me). I don't drink so I am not sure about alcohol stuff. But, I like having a one-on-one counselor, and not too many food choices, so I can concentrate on other things, get the weight off, and slowly break some food choice habits.
Please know that even though the first few days may be difficult, it gets soooo much easier. The vitamin injections and supplements are great.
Good luck to you! Wishing you much success.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten1974 View Post

I was told no alcohol at all during the first two weeks. I was starting to be a big wine drinker (which may have contributed to the weight gain). After the two weeks I was told an occasion glass of wine was fine. I've heard a low carb alcohol option is vodka and diet soda. But I'm no expert so ask your clinic.
reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Thank you...

I just wanted to say thank you for the replies to my post. I'm excited to be going tomorrow for my first appointment and look forward to losing weight. I have a lot of support at work and home (thankfully) so hopefully it won't be so bad as I get used to the no carb thing.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Restarting tomorrow for the second time. Lost a bunch of weight the first time around and kept it off a long time, but living out of the country made me gain it back. Wish me luck!
malloryann11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisajaye
Stats: 168.5/143/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 07/26/2011
Hey...I'm a newbie also! Just started today. Great site and great recommendations. I'll be baccckkkk!
lisajaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisajaye
Stats: 168.5/143/135
Start Date: 07/26/2011
Low Calorie Drink Mixers

Not sure if this would interest many, but I received a flyer about the 'Smartini' in my new member packet. Basically it is a site that allows you to order sugar free cocktail mixers that use Stevia and Erythritol.

| Lola's Libations

You can also find the mixers in some liquor stores. As an example, a Smartini margarita has 96 calories versus the 500+ calories for a traditional margarita. Just thought I would share!
lisajaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloryann11 View Post
Restarting tomorrow for the second time. Lost a bunch of weight the first time around and kept it off a long time, but living out of the country made me gain it back. Wish me luck!

The 50's for me, too! Welcome and I look forward to seeing us both loose it!
--Angel
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kwanat
Stats: 210/175-180
Start Date: September 16, 2009-restart July 2011
back on the wagon

I statred Medi in 2009 and lost over 30lbs, unfortunately due to moving, school and a new job in 2010, I felt off of the wagon really bad. I gained some back and would lose it again up and down up and down. There was no clininc back in Iowa Now I am back on again and came back to this group because of all the support I received when i originally joined in 2009. So I start with week 1 today and have my appointment tomorrow. I am excited with Medi WOE I had more energy and I missed that.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

First appointment...

Hi all...I had my first appointment this morning and I feel it went well...got all the vitiamins/shots/etc. to start my weight loss journey. I'm feeling pretty pumped. My "dr" also gave me some ideas about low carb alcohol but not until after my first week can I try them. I shall keep on these boards so I can get ideas and support and I thank everyone in advance for any help/tips/advice/etc.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Born To Lose
Stats: 308/233/210
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: July 27, 2011
Went to MWL in Johnston, RI yesterday for my initial consultation--had a great visit, learned a lot, everyone was terrific, and zero pressure to buy any products!

I'm especially grateful to find an up-to-date, informative and friendly place like this board to help me along the way. I've lost weight a couple of times before (just starving myself) and always gained it back (that's a bit cliche, I know) but I am at an age now where it is affecting not only the quality but also potentially the quantity of my life, and I can't have that! Love my wife, my yorkies, my home, my family and friends, my job, and I don't want to lose any of it.

I'm sure this has been brought up (but I couldn't find any answers anywhere) but has anyone complied a cross-reference type list of (hopefully cheaper) retail alternatives to the MWL supplements, shakes, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any info and all the support!
Born To Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
For those having trouble getting their water in, I buy the Walmart Clear American waters. They are flavored carbonated water that are approved by MDC (0 calories & carbs and no sodium). I was able to completely kick my diet coke addiction and for me, it is easy to get 3-4 liters of water drank a day.
I have used them when I made my protein shakes and when I made my sugarfree jello and jello gummies for a different taste. The worse thing about it is I hate to shop at Walmart so when I go I practically clear the shelves of my favorite flavors. I have had my cart so full with just water bottles that I have gotten some very strange looks.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prathima
Stats: current 150,5"5 and half ,goal 130
Start Date: 8/5/2011
just started

hello all

I have had success with wieght loss, i started at 190 and managed to get down to 150 with diet and excercise , but i plateaued at this 150 for almost 2 years, tired of all my attempts i joined medi weight loss, ive given up all hope that i can lose any more than 150!!today is my day 1..doing well so far..but its that mental disappointment that hurts, all those questions..what if i fail this time too?how much can we expect to loose in week 1-for a healthy weight person?does it work? im so deprived of veggies(already ....),please share ur experience..
prathima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Born To Lose
Stats: 308/233/210
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: July 27, 2011
Week One went great!

I felt good all week, I was never hungry (and had trouble eating my 800 calories, more often was between 650 and 700) and lost 15.5 pounds.

Great support from the staff, too!
Born To Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
Hi, everyone!

I don't have my first appointment until Thursday afternoon, but I'm about 1/4 of the way through the *first* Week 1 advice thread and am very thankful for all of the input, so I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm afraid, however, that I will be in week 10 before I finish that thread! lol
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote