Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bizkette
Stats: 223/210/150
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 7, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I'm brand new, had appointment on Monday and started yesterday... was able to make it through day 1 without murdering anyone, which I guess is a good thing since I have been in the foulest of moods since yesterday because I was ravenous. I think it's all the thinking about food that does me in.
One of my biggest issues is that I don't like to eat breakfast... generally eat lunch around 2 or 3 PM and dinner close to midnight. All this thinking and planning and counting and timing is like a part time job... and I know that's going to be my struggle. And the more I think about food (such as... when I'm supposed to eat, what time I need to take the pills, etc) the hungrier I get. Has anybody had issues with mood swings in the beginning? Any tips on how to deal with them if so?

Other than that... I guess I've been pretty lucky because I haven't experienced any side effects from the shots or appetite suppressants so far. No jittery feelings or anything. I was advised to not drink as much caffeine as I normally do (I'm a 3 cups of coffee and 4 diet coke's a day caffeine fiend) until we saw my body's reaction to the medication, but I've been so sleepy and tired that I think I'm going to stick with my coffee routine. Has anybody had any issues with coffee either affecting the weight loss or exacerbating any side effects?

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Bizkette; 06-08-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Bizkette is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizkette View Post
Hello Everyone!

I'm brand new, had appointment on Monday and started yesterday... was able to make it through day 1 without murdering anyone, which I guess is a good thing since I have been in the foulest of moods since yesterday because I was ravenous. I think it's all the thinking about food that does me in.
One of my biggest issues is that I don't like to eat breakfast... generally eat lunch around 2 or 3 PM and dinner close to midnight. All this thinking and planning and counting and timing is like a part time job... and I know that's going to be my struggle. And the more I think about food (such as... when I'm supposed to eat, what time I need to take the pills, etc) the hungrier I get. Has anybody had issues with mood swings in the beginning? Any tips on how to deal with them if so?

Other than that... I guess I've been pretty lucky because I haven't experienced any side effects from the shots or appetite suppressants so far. No jittery feelings or anything. I was advised to not drink as much caffeine as I normally do (I'm a 3 cups of coffee and 4 diet coke's a day caffeine fiend) until we saw my body's reaction to the medication, but I've been so sleepy and tired that I think I'm going to stick with my coffee routine. Has anybody had any issues with coffee either affecting the weight loss or exacerbating any side effects?

Thank you so much!
I used to be a big coffee drinker too but I haven't touched it since I have been on this diet. After the first couple of weeks I didn't feel like I needed it because I had so much energy. Try to go without for another week and see how you feel.

I am so Type A that the journaling didn't bother me. It made me feel like I was in control of the entire thing. I used to log everything, even exercise. But now I have to admit that I sometimes wait until the end of the day to go back and log my meals. But now that I've been doing this about 10 weeks it all comes so naturally that I just know how much more I can eat for dinner without even writing it down.

Do yourself a favor and be very disciplined about this. You are spending a bunch of money and you owe it to yourself to hold yourself accountable.

Drink at least 16 ounces of electrolytes a day and sip on low calorie chicken broth to help with the mood swings. The other thing that helps me with the mood swings is making sure I get one thing a day that has chocolate. I either have a chocolate protein shake or a chocolate protein bar. Another good thing is Walden Farms no calorie chocolate dip... yum! Chocolate increases the serotonin levels in your brain which elevate your mood. A low carb diet decreased the serotonin so I find the chocolate balances me out.

Good luck!

Last edited by Jodi A; 06-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: oops, meant to write 16 ounces not 1
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Hi, I am new, too. This is my second week on Medi. The first week I lost 6 pounds of body fat, this week only 3 pounds of water. I have been following the diet to the letter. Any suggestions?

Last edited by angelbaby; 06-10-2011 at 01:01 PM..
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #94

Gallery: ash-st
Stats: 194/180/120
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: June 3,1011
To follow up with you guys, my first follow up went GREAT! In the first week, I lost 9 pounds! My dr gave me an AWESOME in my records! Everyone in the office was so excited for me! I have already gotten to know my staff so well!

I am so excited about how this is going! I haven't cheated at all, and I've been drinking so much water, all my electrolytes, and I even have energy to work out! I'm so excited!!!

Ash
ash-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Nice job, Ash! That is awesome! We are very close to the same start date. Sending you well wishes this week. I am going to work out now, too. I did some light activities last week like eliptical and ice skating. I am looking forward to bumping it up a bit.

Does anyone use Walden Farms products? Will they hinder my weight loss process?

Also, I am heading out of town for a two week visit home, that includes a bridal shower, wedding and fourth of July. Any suggestions on how to navigate through all of these events and stay on track and keep in ketosis and keep losing?

Thanks. I appreciate the help!

Last edited by angelbaby; 06-11-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NDC26
Newbie checking in

Hello *waves.* Today is my first day on the program and so far so good. I just ate my last protein meal of the day and I'm still a bit jittery/lightheaded, but I know that it's just a sign of my body adjusting to the meds and diet. Looking forward to day 2....
NDC26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bizkette
Stats: 223/210/150
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 7, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I used to be a big coffee drinker too but I haven't touched it since I have been on this diet. After the first couple of weeks I didn't feel like I needed it because I had so much energy. Try to go without for another week and see how you feel.

I am so Type A that the journaling didn't bother me. It made me feel like I was in control of the entire thing. I used to log everything, even exercise. But now I have to admit that I sometimes wait until the end of the day to go back and log my meals. But now that I've been doing this about 10 weeks it all comes so naturally that I just know how much more I can eat for dinner without even writing it down.

Do yourself a favor and be very disciplined about this. You are spending a bunch of money and you owe it to yourself to hold yourself accountable.

Drink at least 16 ounces of electrolytes a day and sip on low calorie chicken broth to help with the mood swings. The other thing that helps me with the mood swings is making sure I get one thing a day that has chocolate. I either have a chocolate protein shake or a chocolate protein bar. Another good thing is Walden Farms no calorie chocolate dip... yum! Chocolate increases the serotonin levels in your brain which elevate your mood. A low carb diet decreased the serotonin so I find the chocolate balances me out.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for the tips! I'm doing a revised version of the journaling that just seems to work for me. I take notes on my phone and just jot down the cals/carbs, and x for water and en E for electrolite drinks.
It just makes it more likely that i'll actually use it. I tried the livestrong.com app for tracking, but its kind of pain, so i only use it to look up values if I need to.
I really really tried to nix the caffeine, but I just can't function without it. I'm restricting myself to one diet coke in the morning, and another in the afternoon. It keeps my caffeine-headaches at bay and now that I'm in week 2, the Dr. said it was OK.
Moods swings are a thing of the past, and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.

On to the good news!!! Went in for my first weigh in today and I lost 13 pounds! I almost couldn't believe it... I'm going to have spinach and strawberries with my chicken today to celebrate!!
Bizkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizkette View Post
Thank you very much for the tips! I'm doing a revised version of the journaling that just seems to work for me. I take notes on my phone and just jot down the cals/carbs, and x for water and en E for electrolite drinks.
It just makes it more likely that i'll actually use it. I tried the livestrong.com app for tracking, but its kind of pain, so i only use it to look up values if I need to.
I really really tried to nix the caffeine, but I just can't function without it. I'm restricting myself to one diet coke in the morning, and another in the afternoon. It keeps my caffeine-headaches at bay and now that I'm in week 2, the Dr. said it was OK.
Moods swings are a thing of the past, and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.

On to the good news!!! Went in for my first weigh in today and I lost 13 pounds! I almost couldn't believe it... I'm going to have spinach and strawberries with my chicken today to celebrate!!
Fantastic job!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
Hi, I am new, too. This is my second week on Medi. The first week I lost 6 pounds of body fat, this week only 3 pounds of water. I have been following the diet to the letter. Any suggestions?
After a month and a half stressing about fat vs water weight loss I've learned not to be concerned about it anymore. I keep losing and that is what matters. I bought a scale for home that measures fat and water percentage and it varies from day to day but the weight loss stays consistant and goes down. Best advice... don't worry about as long as your weight goes down. I spent TOO much time stressing over it.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Bizkette,
So happy for you! I haven't even lost 13 pounds yet and this is going on my third week!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Jodi,
Thanks for the advice. My husband said the same thing. It is my period week, too, and maybe my body didn't want to shed weight, but preserve it. Who knows. I am just going to keep going and work out this week and see what happens. Can't wait to be where you are at!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jodi,
Thanks for the advice. My husband said the same thing. It is my period week, too, and maybe my body didn't want to shed weight, but preserve it. Who knows. I am just going to keep going and work out this week and see what happens. Can't wait to be where you are at!!!!
If it is your period week then REALLY don't worry about it! Be very proud when you lose weight while on your period. When does that ever happen!?!

Keep chugging and you will get there. I can't tell you how fast a couple of pounds a week adds up. I started 2 1/2 months ago and now I am 4.8 pounds away from my goal. You will be too!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
If it is your period week then REALLY don't worry about it! Be very proud when you lose weight while on your period. When does that ever happen!?!

Keep chugging and you will get there. I can't tell you how fast a couple of pounds a week adds up. I started 2 1/2 months ago and now I am 4.8 pounds away from my goal. You will be too!!!!
Thanks so much for the encouragment and advice. You are right, when have I ever lost weight the week of my period??? Please!

How exciting to be so near your goal! That is wonderful!~
Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks so much for the encouragment and advice. You are right, when have I ever lost weight the week of my period??? Please!

How exciting to be so near your goal! That is wonderful!~
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mhoiten
Had my initial consultation early this morning...and this is considered "day one" for me. I'm excited and nervous! Have 68 lbs. to lose to reach my goal.
mhoiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dee13
Stats: 260/257/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm hoping I can find some much needed support for this journey. I've tried so many times to lose the weight, and was successful once, but stopped what I was doing and gained back all the weight plus an extra 20lbs. I was so discouraged for so long. Then someone mentioned Medi Weightloss to my mom, who told me about it. I was really skeptical because I've started programs in the past and didn't stay motivated, and I was very honest with the MD about this during my 1st MWL visit. Everyone was nice and supportive and I decided to give this a try.

I'm 5 days in and this is honestly the longest I've stuck with a strict diet, and definitely the longest I've gone without breads/pastas/chips. I was started on 500-600 cals of protein/day, and have been supplementing with the occasional pickles, and some string cheese. I haven't felt hungry until right this moment, and I'm probably just going to go to bed so I'm not up ruminating about it.

I am having some side effects:
1. I'm EXHAUSTED! Walking from my car to my office makes my legs so sore, and I couldn't open a jar of pickles this morning. I'm hoping that passes, because it's making it difficult to get anything done.
2. I've had headaches, but Excedrin has taken care of that.
3. Constipation! I'm taking the colon cleanse, but I'm still having problems.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on any of these issues.

I'm doing a water pill, the appetite suppressant, and the b12/b6 shots twice a week (that b6 is so painful!). I need all the help I can get with sticking to this.

Anyway, looking forward to this journey, hoping I stay with it, and praying for a new life.

Last edited by dee13; 06-17-2011 at 07:59 PM..
dee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm hoping I can find some much needed support for this journey. I've tried so many times to lose the weight, and was successful once, but stopped what I was doing and gained back all the weight plus an extra 20lbs. I was so discouraged for so long. Then someone mentioned Medi Weightloss to my mom, who told me about it. I was really skeptical because I've started programs in the past and didn't stay motivated, and I was very honest with the MD about this during my 1st MWL visit. Everyone was nice and supportive and I decided to give this a try.

I'm 5 days in and this is honestly the longest I've stuck with a strict diet, and definitely the longest I've gone without breads/pastas/chips. I was started on 500-600 cals of protein/day, and have been supplementing with the occasional pickles, and some string cheese. I haven't felt hungry until right this moment, and I'm probably just going to go to bed so I'm not up ruminating about it.

1. I'm EXHAUSTED! Walking from my car to my office makes my legs so sore, and I couldn't open a jar of pickles this morning. I'm hoping that passes, because it's making it difficult to get anything done.

I'm doing a water pill, the appetite suppressant, and the b12/b6 shots twice a week (that b6 is so painful!). I need all the help I can get with sticking to this.

Anyway, looking forward to this journey, hoping I stay with it, and praying for a new life.
Hi! I am in week three (actually, I guess today started week four). I remember feeling great the first day, but then for several days that first week, thought I was going to die from being so lethargic. But, it went away, and I got used to not eating. Weird. Never thought I would say that in my life.
I don't do the colon cleanse, but every other day I have a diet soda, and for some reason, that does it like clockwork! I also have been able to eat veggies, and brussel sprouts are my magic little cleaners, too. The day after I eat those for dinner I am very regular.
Hope that helps! Looking forward to this new journey, too!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/20/2011
Appointment for Tomorrow

I have been reading a few of the boards here at LCF regarding the MWL diet plan... and I'm READY to take the plunge!!!!

I started out at 260.4 lbs in July 2007... Lost about 33 lbs on Weight Watchers... subsequently gained it all back... then I started a strict clean-eating regimen, along with a personal trainer 3x/week at my workplace gym.

I lost about 30 lbs again.

The first time I lost 33, it took me about 9 months to do it, and a lot of heartbreak and frustration along the way -- when I just hit my 10% mini-goal, the rest of the ladies in the group with me were hitting their overall goals! To hear that it would take me a year or two to hit my goal, because I had so much to lose, was daunting to say the least.

The second time I lost about 30 lbs on my own, took about 4 months, but it was HARD work!!! It was a good bit of money and a lot of heartbreak as well.

Well, so I started the Medifast 5&1 plan on January 9, 2009 @ 237 lbs. In about 6 months, I lost 85 lbs. Then UPS either lost my food, the driver stole it, or they just put it somewhere and refused to fess up that they hadn't delivered it to my address & left it with the apartment manager's office as they were supposed to do when you aren't home... so anyway, I was out $350 for my monthly food supply, they weren't refunding me, MF wasn't re-shipping because UPS claimed to have a "signature" -- a squiggly line that looks nothing like my signature (and I was in the doctor's office that day having wisdom teeth removed, 2 hours away, and stayed with my parents for 4 days after, so there's no way I physically could have signed! lol idiots!)...
Meanwhile, I'm trying to heal from this wisdom tooth thing, and feeling very blah and in pain and awful (I'm a slow slow slow healer)... and although I was only eating what MF shakes I had left from prior month, I was gaining weight anyway! (fluid probably due to healing process)?

Anyway, since I had gotten cheated out of my $$ & food, I couldn't afford to buy more MF so I fell off the wagon completely, I had no money for food that month because I had spent my food budget already, and gotten nothing for it.

I resorted to eating ramen noodles and whatever really super cheap food I could afford.

At one point, I was eating 7 Jolly Ranchers a day, from my boss' desk candy jar, because I literally had nothing else, and no money.

Needless to say, I lost a bit more then. I ended up at 156 (only 1 lb from "normal" BMI!) and maintained this for majority of 2010.

Cue STRESS -- last semester of college, job interviews left & right, being flown around the country for executive selection processes, then Mom had a minor stroke, my fiance's dad passed on Thanksgiving day, the holidays happened, and then I came out here to Dallas to live, I flew all over the country over the 15 week trainee program, ate lots of food everywhere I went, I still live in a hotel until I finish the official relocation process.

Let's just say it's been TOUGH. I gained up to 184 and now have lost about 6 lbs of it, but it's been really hard to do! I've been working out nearly every day, but the weight just fluctuates. I'm trying to eat "clean" and it's not really helping!

My sister did MWL and lost about 52 lbs so...

I have a wedding in 16 weeks, and I need to lose roughly 40 lbs.

I am IN IN IN, COUNT ME IN IN IN LET'S GO!!!

(whomever read all of that gets an imaginary cookie, imaginary because the real one is too high in carbs & cals & sugar, HA)
MrsPalombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Hey, you're close to me!

Quote:

Hey! I'm in Dallas, and I'm going tomorrow, to the Richardson office location.

The one in Irving is about a mile or 2 closer to me, but it said it "just opened" so I was wary, lol... I'm weird.
Plus, the Yelp review that I found in the Dallas area, was for the Richardson location, so I went ahead and went to that one.

Are you going to the one in Irving?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dee13
Stats: 260/257/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 6/13/11
To MrsPalombi: Yes, I am going to the Irving clinic now. I started with Southlake and transferred since I live in Las Colinas. So far it's ok, but it is a bit weird because they're still building clientele, so it's so quite, whereas Southlake was buzzing. The MD at the Irving clinic actually came from Southlake, so this is her own clinic now (Dr. Westkaemper). How do you like the Richardson office? Good luck to you!

I'm starting my 2nd week now, and lost 12 lbs the 1st week. I'm really excited, but really nervous about my longevity because I am so tired of eating meat. I'm struggling to find recipes to keep things fresh, so that's my main concern right now. I've been scouring websites tonight, looking for ideas. I also think I'm going to have to be careful this week not to overdo it with the veggies and not make my protein cals.

Week 2, here we come!

Last edited by dee13; 06-21-2011 at 06:35 PM..
dee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
To MrsPalombi: Yes, I am going to the Irving clinic now. I started with Southlake and transferred since I live in Las Colinas. So far it's ok, but it is a bit weird because they're still building clientele, so it's so quite, whereas Southlake was buzzing. The MD at the Irving clinic actually came from Southlake, so this is her own clinic now (Dr. Westkaemper). How do you like the Richardson office? Good luck to you!

I'm starting my 2nd week now, and lost 12 lbs the 1st week. I'm really excited, but really nervous about my longevity because I am so tired of eating meat. I'm struggling to find recipes to keep things fresh, so that's my main concern right now. I've been scouring websites tonight, looking for ideas. I also think I'm going to have to be careful this week not to overdo it with the veggies and not make my protein cals.

Week 2, here we come!

I REALLY liked the Richardson office -- their appointments are steady, but not to the point that the place is packed with people. The office staff, PA, and MD are all really nice and fun to talk to, very understanding and accommodating.

I was very impressed with the place. I can't WAIT to go back!! It's a little out of the way for me, but I don't care -- it's worth it!

I started out in 2009 at 260 lbs, so I know exactly where you're coming from. I am a routine eater -- once I get on a plan, I find the meals that I enjoy the most and try them over and over again, maybe switching up the spices or flavors a bit here & there, but I guess for me -- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ha ha. Keep up with those recipe boards, they are CHOCK full of info from what I've seen so far!

I am discovering a new appreciation for turkey products, myself. I got some big turkey sausage, some turkey sausage patties, some BREAKFAST turkey sausage patties, some turkey bacon, and some deli turkey... I couldn't find turkey pepperoni at the Central Market! I'm still unfamiliar with the store though, so I probably didn't look in the right place.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! Just visualize that 12 lbs... WOW, have you ever had ANY plan knock 12 lbs off your booty in a week?! I know I haven't! That's hella motivation right there!

If you ever get discouraged, go to the store, pick up flour sacks, and imagine...more than 2 flour sacks is what you lost this week. Like almost 2.5 flour sacks!!! GIRL that's awesome!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Week 2, here we come!
Congrats on the 12 pounds!

Have you tried fish? That is what saved me when I got tired of eating meat. If you like shrimp cocktail try making some cocktail sauce with Low Sugar ketchup and prepared horseradish. It's quick, easy and delicious. I can't tell the difference between the low carb and regular cocktail sauce.

Also, even though everyone says "don't drink your calories", I have a protein shake every day to get the protein calories in. I've never been a big meat eater and you can do it without eating a lot of meat. And I eat an egg every day too.

Last edited by Jodi A; 06-22-2011 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #113
NCC
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCC
Stats: 225/198.4/140
Start Date: 6/10/11
Hello Everyone,

I recently started medi on 6/10 and lost 6 lbs. the first week. I had my 2nd weigh in today, and lost 1lb. and 2% body fat but it is that time of the month. I was really disappointed too, since I have followed the plan to the T, and measure everything. The NP, told me that I am doing great and not to worry. I still have 78lbs to get to my goal. I'm just trying to stay focused. Anyway, I just realized she didn't change my diet at all at this visit. Does the diet change when you go in for your 2nd weigh-in (to start your 3rd week)?
NCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Hello Everyone,

I recently started medi on 6/10 and lost 6 lbs. the first week. I had my 2nd weigh in today, and lost 1lb. and 2% body fat but it is that time of the month. I was really disappointed too, since I have followed the plan to the T, and measure everything. The NP, told me that I am doing great and not to worry. I still have 78lbs to get to my goal. I'm just trying to stay focused. Anyway, I just realized she didn't change my diet at all at this visit. Does the diet change when you go in for your 2nd weigh-in (to start your 3rd week)?
Congrats on the weight loss! Don't be disappointed, a loss is a loss and they add up fast.

The second week you are supposed to add in veggies (1/2 cup raw or 1 cup cooked). At least at my clinic. I think most clinics let you add veggies and fruit the second week. I can't believe they didn't tell you or give you the week 2 and beyond information package. Call them first thing tomorrow and get that straightened out.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

oops, I just saw you said your 3rd week. If they already have you on fruits and veggies it doesn't change anymore during the Acute Phase. Sorry about that.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PlanB
Stats: 180/180/135
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: June 23, 2011
Newbie here, just got through DAY 3! Sticking to the plan/diet. Looking forward to seeing first week results. Glad I found this site, love the encouragement and ALL the great information!
PlanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011

Great to have ya here!!
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #118
NCC
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCC
Stats: 225/198.4/140
Start Date: 6/10/11
Quote:
oops, I just saw you said your 3rd week. If they already have you on fruits and veggies it doesn't change anymore during the Acute Phase. Sorry about that.
Hi Jodi,

Thank you so much for the encouragement and for the information! I just wanted to make sure. I have been eating some veggies at least once daily (sometimes the 2 servings allowed per day) and fruit maybe once or twice a week (because of the natural sugar the NP told me not to overdo it with the fruits). I'll let you know how I do at weigh in on Thursday
NCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Teachercat
Start Date: 6/25/11
Yogurt

Help. This is my second day. I thought I understood that I could have nonfat Greek yogurt so I ate it. Just saw where it has 9 grams of carbs. Did I misunderstand? Did I mess up? Doing well otherwise. Really excited.
Teachercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachercat View Post
Help. This is my second day. I thought I understood that I could have nonfat Greek yogurt so I ate it. Just saw where it has 9 grams of carbs. Did I misunderstand? Did I mess up? Doing well otherwise. Really excited.
I was told I could have it, too -- it's actually on this printed list! My list just says "Plain (nonfat) Greek Yogurt -- 15 cals/oz"

Let me run & check my yogurt cup & see what the nutritional facts say...Yeah mine has 7 grams of carbs. Hm.. I dunno!

Now I'm curious, lol. I wasn't given a guideline to go by -- like "make sure you stay under __ carbs a day and get ___ protein and no more than __ fat" y'know? Hm.... I have my first weekly weigh-in tomorrow so I will ask then.

Now I am wondering if I am allowed to have imitation crab meat, since it has 11g carbs in it? As long as it's the only "carby" thing I have in a day... like if I don't eat the Greek yogurt and the imitation crab on the same day. Hm...

Guess we will see!

1. Check tomorrow & see if you're in ketosis, then you'll know if the greek yogurt was ok! If you are in ketosis, then keep on doing what you're doing -- if not, then maybe cut out the Greek yogurt.
2. What brand yogurt is it?