Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redvettetoo
Stats: 282.2/246/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 5, 2013 rejoined June 25 2014
Hi, I'm Leslea and started Medi Weight Loss program last Sunday, May 5, 2013. My Sister was my motivation because she has lost 33 lbs in 12 weeks on this program. I was following WW and had lost 10. The other motivator for me is that my 40th Class Reunion is in August and I would like to look a little better by then.
I have about 130 pounds to lose so I will be around for a while.
I'm on Day 5 today and was really hungry when I got home from work. So ate a little protein to take the edge off. But other than that everything has been pretty good. Already have way more energy then I did last week.
Looking forward to reading everyone's posts on this site.
Leslea
redvettetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hi Leslea!!!

Today I am thankful for miracle noodles and laughing cow cheese! I was seriously hungry so I threw those together and added shrimp and lemon pepper. Awesome! And I'm actually full now!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #813
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Norasisland
Stats: 213/209/150
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2013
Just started Medi-Weight loss program...

Hi,

I just started the medi-weight loss program and I am 4 days in. I started using the appetite suppressant, but I take so many other meds, it just didn't agree with me, so I am going without it. I have been feeling really tired, but keeping within my calories and protein requirements which is tricky because I have Stage 3 kidney disease and I am only allowed 66 grams of protein per day. I will be happy when I can start having veggies and fruits this coming week.

I will be traveling a great deal over the next 3 weeks, and I was wondering if anyone has any good traveling tips, for what to bring on an airplane, and how to manage food when you are not at home. I would appreciate it! I am glad I found this forum, because there doesn't seem to be a community on the Medi-Weight loss website. I have been feeling a bit woozy, and hope that my energy levels will pick up again soon. I am not in ketosis yet, but hopefully will be soon.
Norasisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #814
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasisland View Post
Hi,

I just started the medi-weight loss program and I am 4 days in. I started using the appetite suppressant, but I take so many other meds, it just didn't agree with me, so I am going without it. I have been feeling really tired, but keeping within my calories and protein requirements which is tricky because I have Stage 3 kidney disease and I am only allowed 66 grams of protein per day. I will be happy when I can start having veggies and fruits this coming week.

I will be traveling a great deal over the next 3 weeks, and I was wondering if anyone has any good traveling tips, for what to bring on an airplane, and how to manage food when you are not at home. I would appreciate it! I am glad I found this forum, because there doesn't seem to be a community on the Medi-Weight loss website. I have been feeling a bit woozy, and hope that my energy levels will pick up again soon. I am not in ketosis yet, but hopefully will be soon.

You have a tough job with the kidney disease--I have been tracking my protein and I always seem to go over 70 grams per day. Good luck.

For traveling: you can use the medi bars, hard boiled eggs, and if you have to purchase food, salads and hamburgers but skip all the starchy foods (do not eat the bread, croutons, etc). I hate to eat out while on this diet, makes it harder for me to track in detail what I am eating. You probably have a sodium restriction as well, I think as long as you mainly stick with self-made meals you should be ok, it is when I eat packaged food (lunchmeats, salami, dressings) I notice that my sodium intake increases a lot.

Hopefully you will be feeling ok in a few days.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hello there! Medi is the best when you stick with it! I travel some and eat out semi-regularly. I stick to basic grilled (dry) fish or chicken and steamed veggies or salad greens. Any restaurant will accommodate you. It's easy. Fajitas are my favorite thing to order out to eat. I just eat the meat and some veggies!

Good luck and glad you're here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasisland View Post
Hi,

eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #816
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IamBatgirl
Stats: 240/240/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2013
Hey All! Just started Medi Weightloss yesterday. MAN am I glad I found this while researching. I don't think I would've been able to get through Day 1 without the chicken broth idea. I think I'm doing pretty well so far and am glad to join the community.
IamBatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #817
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber2013
Stats: 182.8/164.5/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Welcome IamBatgirl! It's kind of quiet here, but you're not alone. I just had my second weigh in yesterday so I'm relatively new as well. I promise you it gets so much better after week one!
Amber2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #818
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dedeslim316
Hi, I am new to MWL, I am already discouraged, I went on Tuesday for my 1st visit, I am not starting until Sunday due to previous plans, etc. I have already started cutting back.
My disappointment comes because, the day after I paid my $268, the office calls & tells me that they no longer give the free mid week b12 shot! I never got one free anyway!! I said I was not happy with that & they should have told me when I paid my money the previous day, is there some way I can call & complain to headquaters?? I will call ASAP, also they called asking me for money to pay for my b1-b6 shot that if I wanted it I had to pay ahead for the next visit. I felt so sick to my stomach, I almost called the bank & cancelled the check!!
What would you do?? I need help before I can even move forward with this company! I will go for my 1st weigh in just to get my blood results for sure. Unless I can get them without going??
Advice please..Thank you
dedeslim316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #819
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber2013
Stats: 182.8/164.5/130
Start Date: 5/1/2013
How much extra is it for the shots? Did you talk to the manager? I would try to see if they can work something out for you. If not, you have to decide if it is a deal breaker. It may be an additional expense, but many say that they feel that it is worth it. My particular clinic does not do the shots at all. We all come to the decision to lose weight when we are ready. Maybe you're not ready?
Amber2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #820
Junior LCF Member

Thank you

Amber, Thank You for responding, I patiently waited all day yesterday for someone to help me & you did.
You are right, it could be a deal breaker, I will ask nicely to speak to the manager on my next visit.
I am ready, I have done really well, can't wait to see if I make ketosis, I am in it & Thank you for opening my eyes about a minor issue, the shot will be $10 for mid week, I will not get it I will just pay $15 for the metabolism booster. Do you pay for it? I think it's the b1 & b6? They said the b12 comes with the $70 office visit.
Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #821
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedeslim316 View Post
Hi, I am new to MWL, I am already discouraged, I went on Tuesday for my 1st visit, I am not starting until Sunday due to previous plans, etc. I have already started cutting back.
My disappointment comes because, the day after I paid my $268, the office calls & tells me that they no longer give the free mid week b12 shot! I never got one free anyway!! I said I was not happy with that & they should have told me when I paid my money the previous day, is there some way I can call & complain to headquaters?? I will call ASAP, also they called asking me for money to pay for my b1-b6 shot that if I wanted it I had to pay ahead for the next visit. I felt so sick to my stomach, I almost called the bank & cancelled the check!!
What would you do?? I need help before I can even move forward with this company! I will go for my 1st weigh in just to get my blood results for sure. Unless I can get them without going??
Advice please..Thank you

I have never returned for the midweek b12. I just take supplements, when I remember that is.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #822
Junior LCF Member

thank you

Thank You, I plan to suck it up & continue, I really hope the plan works for me, looks like you have done well! Congrats!! I will post my weigh in Thursday when I go, I would love to be able to post regularly with some of you, if you all are willing or can get on & do so. I do feel I need support. Have a great weekend, what's left..
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #823
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shaunjack
Stats: 243/243/170
Start Date: 06/02/2013
starting back over

Hello,

I did medi 4 years ago maintain my weight up until October of last year. I have gain 70lbs in the last 8 months, but not eating correctly and not exercising. I decided to get back on track the only problem is there isn't a MEDI clinic close by, but I remember my 1st week eating plan and so I am getting back on track starting tomorrow June 2.
shaunjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Shaunjack - That stinks!! It is frustrating to regain. YOU can do this!!! (AGAIN!!!)
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MOJO90
New to MWL but not new to extra pounds

Hello, All! I found this board by accident on Google when looking for information about Week 1 before taking the plunge to sign up with MWL. Even though my doctor recommended the program, I'm nervous about the severe calorie restriction, supplements and appetite suppressants. But, desperate times call for desperate measures, so here I am on Week 1/Day 2. The information I was able to read before beginning about others' suggestions on how to make Week 1 as comfortable as possible were very helpful, and I look forward to being part of this group.
MOJO90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Three days into week one (AGAIN!) and in large ketosis already.

Erin, are you still checking in here?!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emeghdir
Craving sweet!
Hi guys. I go in for my check in tomorrow (Sat.), although Sunday is technically my 7th day. According to the ketostix, still haven't gone into Ketosis, and I'm eating nothing by protein! But, it could be my TOM or the ketostix are just faulty.
In either case, I'm so close to being done with week one - but I am SERIOUSLY craving something sweet! I'm not even hungry, don't need the Preme(whatever), I just feel like I have to have something sweet on my tongue. Chocolate, really. lol. Don't know what to do. I was allowed to have one Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt or one Light and Fit Greek - but only 1 for the day (as that contains about 9 carbs)! I had one already. Now what? Any suggestions???? Please help. I'm seriously tetering here! Thank you!
emeghdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #828
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeghdir View Post
Craving sweet!
Hi guys. I go in for my check in tomorrow (Sat.), although Sunday is technically my 7th day. According to the ketostix, still haven't gone into Ketosis, and I'm eating nothing by protein! But, it could be my TOM or the ketostix are just faulty.
In either case, I'm so close to being done with week one - but I am SERIOUSLY craving something sweet! I'm not even hungry, don't need the Preme(whatever), I just feel like I have to have something sweet on my tongue. Chocolate, really. lol. Don't know what to do. I was allowed to have one Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt or one Light and Fit Greek - but only 1 for the day (as that contains about 9 carbs)! I had one already. Now what? Any suggestions???? Please help. I'm seriously tetering here! Thank you!
you can probably have 1 gram of chocolate and be fine--hope you have a measuring scale that can measure out this small amount,

then get busy doing something else, drink lots of broth, water, and get away from the kitchen and from food, go to bed early, anything to keep from giving in.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #829
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emeghdir
Thanks sooooo much for the advice! So true about going to bed early! I've had to do that all week! My poor husband has been given all the duties of getting my son to bed this week.
emeghdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #830
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalie
2nd Day. Hi All!

You guys are so encouraging to each other! Maybe you can help me stay on track! I'm on Day 2 and desperately afraid of falling off. Not too hungry right now.

Except my teenagers' BBQ chips keep yelling at me from the pantry! The shouts are becoming louder by the minute. Anything salty crunchy I can sub?

Who I am? I'm a devout Christian, age 46. Former high school English Teacher. Homeschool Teacher for past 19 years. My hubby (23 years of wedded bliss) and I have 6 amazing kids, (5 boys, 1 girl) ages 19-4. We live on a farm south of Overland Park, KS.

Lots of yummy food around this house all the time. Everyone loves to experiment with awesome new recipes. Smells amazing in this house all the time. Everyone here is major athlete and big eater. Needless to say...lots of temptations. I love salty crunchy things.

Any solution for salty crunchy craving for the first week? Thinking of going camping in the woods alone. And hunting my own protein. ha.

I "only" have 15 lbs to lose which should be easy enough right? Feels insurmountable. I've been trying for years with no success. Gain a pound or two every year instead. No willpower whatsoever. Crunchy salty. I need them. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't.

This is my first time on MWL so hopefully it will help. Love to hear all your success stories. So encouraging.

I'm female and 6'2", 183 lbs. Goal is 168. I have Lupus SLE (in remission! hooray!) so I hope this MWL is safe and doesn't cause me to come out of remission.

The Lupus plus the extra 15 lbs makes me super tired all the time. Like can't move even if the house were on fire kind of tired. I am a former model and formerly a very fit and active athlete. Now just tired tired tired.

I hate being tired and unable to keep up with kids and athletic hubby. Super Fun group of people I live with. I want to go water-skiing, play basketball and hiking again with them all again. Missing life waiting to feel better. God is in control. He works miracles. Which I need.

Anyone experience hair loss on this plan? Lupus is already wreaking havoc on mine so i can't spare any more.

On a brighter note...Hope everyone is having a lovely spring day! Gorgeous weather here in Overland Park, KS!

I'll treat you to a cyber-carb-free-chocolate bar if you actually got through this entire babbling message. Thank you for listening!!! Looking forward to your responses!

Abundant blessings,
Natalie
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
Natalie ~ my favorite crunchy, salty snack is Hormel turkey pepperoni. Take 17, lay on a paper towel & cover with another paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute or so. They make little crunchy, protein filled chips for 70 calories! I dip them in a Laughing Cow. Yum!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

suzanna1 !! - So good to see you checking in again!! I hope you are doing well! I finished my master's in nursing Dec 2011 and that last year really took a toll on planning my WOE and exercise (while working too!) And finally I am feeling better regarding sinus issues since we corrected what we discovered in Feb 2012 was black mold growing in the heater just as it goes out into the air duct system (and my grad school desk was literally on the other side of that same wall in another room with the duct spewing out mold spores!) YUCK! Lots of antibiotics, sinus irrigation and aerosol treatments, 3 surgeries, and air duct repair/house clean up expense later I am feeling better, except for carrying this regained weight around again. Now on to do my MWL by myself this time and get close to goal again!!

Natalie!!!-I am so glad you are here! My daughter moved to your area after graduating from K-State in '09; she went to the private college in Olathe, worked in OP, and now lives in KC,MO. Your post was newsy and I am excited that you found us I am sorry you are feeling so tired and out of sorts with that darn Lupus. My body (no lupus) just hurts more with extra weight and inflammation. I know I felt incredible when I reached goal after MWL in Sept 2010. So I KNOW I can feel better! You might like to also join the Sistas in Christ Vol. 5 group here at LCF. We'd love to have you there too! Stay here at MWL site for encouragement with the actual MWL WOE though. You can do this!! Check in frequently and don't worry about your newsy posts...believe me, I have been quite a chatterbox in the past 3 1/2 years!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-29-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #833
Junior LCF Member

Reached ketosis!!!

I'm so happy! Today is Day 4 and I reached Ketosis as of 7:30pm! Yes! I think I may be able to do this! Thank you all for the encouragement!!!

Last edited by Natalie; 06-30-2013 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: no reason
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #834
Junior LCF Member

Oh my goodness! Your recipe of Crunchy Turkey Pepperoni sounds amazing!!! Buying some tonight! And 17 of them is a lot! That should help me avoid these evil BBQ chips lurking in my pantry! Thank you suzanna1 and Fit2010 for your awesome encouragement! May be my imagination but I think I feel better already.

Last edited by Natalie; 06-30-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 06-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #835
Junior LCF Member

BTW Any ideas wh my uploaded profile picture shows up in "My Profile" but not with my posts? Thanks! Natalie
Old 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #836
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyB
Start Date: 6/25/13
Hi everyone! I'm on my first day of week 2 ( lost 9.2lbs in wk 1)

I just moved to Texas from Florida and don't know anyone here, so I'm just looking for some support and great tips! Especially with chocolate cravings

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July week!
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
Kelly ~ Congrats on the week one weight loss!

I drink the EAS AdantEdge deep rich chocolate shake for my chocolate fix. The are only 110 calories and 4 net carbs (make sure to check the label, as the high calorie and carb version are usually nearby.). I make it into different flavors by adding a couple drops of banana or strawberry extract and blending with a few pieces of ice. Blending with frozen coffee is also really good!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #838
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toastedink
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: July 2013
Whoops! I just made an entire new thread introducing myself as I didn't see this one

Hi! I just started Medi Weightloss last tuesday. I have lost 8.8 lbs so far and i'm excited!!
toastedink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #839
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grahamclan04
Stats: 234/224
WOE: Medi Weight
Start Date: 22 Jul 13
Hi everyone. My wife and I just restarted last Tuesday. We're Glad we found this thread because the hardest part of Week 1 is forcing down all that protein. The hints and recipes from this board will be invaluable. We are going on a 2 day cruise on Sat and are hoping to stay as much as possible on the program
grahamclan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #840
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nataliey
Day 2

Hello! I am on day 2 of Medi and today has been much better than yesterday. I was so discouraged on day 1 feeling so bad so soon!! So today before I started feeling bad again I took 2 ibprophen, drank warm chicken broth and a powerade! I haven't had a headache or naseau yet. I thought I would share that for anyone else out there in the first week and feeling yucky. I hope day 4 isn't is bad as they say? Any advice for me there?? Thanks so much and I'm so glad that I have found this site!
nataliey is offline   Reply With Quote