Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #751
Junior LCF Member

Day 2..... Feeling really tired

Hey all! So, I am on Day 2 of this journey. Very tired, extremely bad headache and very moody! Also battling some Nausea. I am thinking of not taking all the supplements, I think that is whats making me nauseated. Also- they gave me a 700 calorie intake, and the lady said I could have nonfat greek yogurt on week 1-- but it seems that its not allowed? :/ I had 5 oz today... will that affect Ketosis? Does anyone have a blog? I am working on one to help motivate me and keep me accountable.
Any feedback would be awesome
timetogetmotivated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #752
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogetmotivated View Post
Hey all! So, I am on Day 2 of this journey. Very tired, extremely bad headache and very moody! Also battling some Nausea. I am thinking of not taking all the supplements, I think that is whats making me nauseated. Also- they gave me a 700 calorie intake, and the lady said I could have nonfat greek yogurt on week 1-- but it seems that its not allowed? :/ I had 5 oz today... will that affect Ketosis? Does anyone have a blog? I am working on one to help motivate me and keep me accountable.
Any feedback would be awesome
Sorry you're feeling nauseated. Are you taking your supplements with food? I know that I get sick to my stomach if I don't. You could also just be going through carb withdrawal at this point. I felt pretty horrible the whole first week...almost like I was coming down with something. I've heard that's pretty common. If you can stick it out, it might pass.

Plain non-fat Greek yogurt is okay, but if it has fruit or other stuff mixed in, it's most definitely a no-no.

Good luck!! Join us over on the Medi Friends in 2013 thread if you wish. It's a little more active. Some days more so than others.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
All of that is normal when you first start this program, even the nausea. You're going through carb withdrawal and it'll pass. Days 3-4 were the worst for me. After that each day got better & better. Some clinics allow yogurt & cheese the first week, others don't. If yours said its allowed then that's fine. Just check the amount of carbs! It should be plain greek yogurt. My clinic also allowed krogers carbmaster yogurts. As long as your carbs are low enough the yogurt won't affect ketosis. I was told less than 10 carbs a day my first week, and I was in ketosis around day 4. Good luck & keep posting!!

Last edited by Jessica1129; 03-21-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #754
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the Support!!

Yes, it is plain greek nonfat yogurt so hopefully I am good to go. Thank you so much for the support! Hopefully in a few days my energy level will pick back up..... even taking a shower or light cleaning gets me dizzy and just totally zaps me of energy! Good to know this is normal to feel.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Day 4- I messed up:-(

I am feeling SO guilty for allowing myself to slip. Day 4, I have been to a T until tonight. I ate a snack bag of cheezits and am feeling lousy. It had 24 carbs in it :-(. Is this going to kick me out of ketosis? Has anyone slipped their first week and still seen good results on their first weigh in? I am so nervous I messed up my progress. I will NOT be doing that again- was not worth it.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

It depends on how many carbs you had all day. If that's all you had then you might not get kicked out. After the first week I was allowed 30 net carbs a day. If you do get kicked out just go back to eating all protein. You may put on some water weight if you get kicked out, but it'll go away quickly when you get back in. You'll be fine, just get back on track & keep on going! You can do it!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #757
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CutiePie
Hi Guys!!! I just wanted to share my story and stop lurking and actually join in...here goes. I started MWL on 03.10.13, and lost 9lbs my first week. My second was going extremely well until my (TOM) arrived out of no where and would not leave. Needless to say I fell off the wagon, got rolled over by the wagon, and then dragged by the wagon. With the raging of hormones, cramps, and lack of food...I totally binged and gained back FIVE lbs. Now what? I have lost alll of my motivation and need help getting back on board. I skipped my last appt due to shame...any advice?

FYI...I have over 100lbs to lose.
CutiePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #758
Junior LCF Member

Hi, CutiePie! So glad you decided to speak up. Changing the way we eat in a super drastic way like this wreaks havoc on our bodies. And some of us react differently than others. While I didn't experience TOM from Hades, I have read posts on here from others who have.

You had an amazing loss your first week which means that you CAN do this. Get back to the center this week - today - and tell them exactly what you just told us. They are there to support you.

And then come back and let us know how it goes.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
CutiePie, I concur with ictdeb!! The fat cells have hoarded up estrogen in them and as fat is being burned by the protein diet, it releases that estrogen....that is what I understand and that is what I personally experience!! I am past "that time" in my life but getting back on board in the past 5 days and having lost 7 lbs I am having hot flashes at night again!

Just stick with it!! And if you can, try some naproxen or ibuprofen, that works well on those female prostoglandin-type pain!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #760
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenferish
Stats: 197/197/130
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: March 2013
Hi

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I go to my first appointment Monday. Im a lil scared. Im just so tired of dieting and it not working. Mostly due to my lack of energy and motivation to fallow through. Crossing my fingers in hopes this will be different.
jenferish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #761
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenferish
Stats: 197/197/130
WOE: Medi weightloss
over 1 year

I was just wondering if there was anyone here thats been doing this for a year or longer and if your able to keep the weight off. Thats a big concern for me. I would love to get all this extra weight off fast but not at the cost of putting it all back on and then some.
jenferish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Hi, jenferish! I can relate to your concerns. I started and failed more weightloss programs in 2012 than i thought humanly possible. It's scarey starting a new plan and seeing so many people in the process, but not so many at the end. There is an ongoing thread for people in maintenance that I've found helped calm some if my fears.

Medi Weight Loss Maintaince Phase

Maybe reading that will help?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #763
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie View Post
Hi Guys!!! I just wanted to share my story and stop lurking and actually join in...here goes. I started MWL on 03.10.13, and lost 9lbs my first week. My second was going extremely well until my (TOM) arrived out of no where and would not leave. Needless to say I fell off the wagon, got rolled over by the wagon, and then dragged by the wagon. With the raging of hormones, cramps, and lack of food...I totally binged and gained back FIVE lbs. Now what? I have lost alll of my motivation and need help getting back on board. I skipped my last appt due to shame...any advice?

FYI...I have over 100lbs to lose.
Good job on your first week, CutiePie!! I would get yourself back to the clinic ASAP. You might have just gained water weight, and it will come off really quickly. I've had those weeks when all you want to do is eat. It's always hard, but once you're on the plan a while, you figure out ways to manage those cravings a little better. The counselors have heard it all. Don't let shame get between you and your goal.

I've taken up a new motto in my life lately: leave your modesty at the door. I went to a Turkish bath a few weeks ago when I was in Istanbul. In the baths, you get almost totally naked and these women scrub your body, massage you, and wash your hair. I was SO nervous, but when I get in their, it was unexpected: everyone was practically naked, but no one thought twice about whose body looked like what. Once I got past my embarrassment, I was able to totally give into the experience, enjoy it, and have the most AMAZING massage ever. So that's how I'm trying to work this plan too: get beyond the emotional, embrace the discomfort, and just leave my modesty at the door. Hopefully that can work for you too!
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hey Everyone, I did Medi with great success two years ago, but sadly due to life circumstances (husband has cancer and so much more) have gained it back. I really have no one else to blame- just me. I am starting Medi again on Tuesday, it's going to be hard! But so worth it. I need to be strong to take care of my family and I know this is the right thing to do!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #765
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Firecrackertt
Stats: 191/182/165
Start Date: March 21, 2013
Week 2 and in trouble :(

Hi all... I'm only in week 2, I lost 8.9 pounds in week 1 which I was very excited about but yesterday (Easter) I had a binge. The Easter candy was calling me and well, now of course I'm feeling bad about it and don't want to go back to weigh in bc if I've gained I will feel embarrassed and waste a lot of money. I thought about not doing this anymore but I did go right back on to protein only today and feel good about that. Anyone else mess up for Easter? Help. Lol
Firecrackertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #766
Senior LCF Member

Hi Firecracker, I think the most important thing is not giving up on yourself, you made a mistake now you've moved on.
I know what you mean about it being not wanting to waste the money, that's why it's taken me so long to get back on the horse (so to speak) but I only ended up gainning more weight and more and more. You're back on program so give yourself high fives all around. I am starting day one again tomorrow.
I have been trying to eat medi-like before I start the program, which funnily enough was easier yesterday than today with all the leftovers in the house and just me at home while all the kids are in school.

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 04-01-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Trish!! It's me, Debbie!! I had started week one about 10 days ago and lost 7 lbs. Then developed a fever Thursday, had no appetite til 4pm and was dehydrated Friday with continued fever...so ate ramen noodles DH made for me. Next AM I was still in trace ketosis and stayed okay til family decided we were going out to eat and to a movie...did pretty good and had fruit instead of fries and didn't eat tortilla of my wrap. But partook in Easter yesterday and today. And I hate that those carbs are making me feel puffed up like a PEEP in the microwave!! (I don't even like those things either!)

SO....I was planning on starting soon but instead I'll redo week one with you starting tomorrow!! Let's do this, girlfriend! After that recent loss, and these past two days, I hate to step on the scale tomorrow AM. But you are right....gotta get right back on it.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbie! LOL ! you are so funny! I feel like a peep too! Going for my first official weigh-in in a couple of hours. We can do it, and we will succeed!!

Last edited by cheftrish; 04-02-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Aagh! I had forgotten how restrictive week one is!!! 500-800 cals of protein only. One thing my clinic has changed is that they don't give the injections anymore, but give you the metibolic melts. Are other clinics doing this? I was really surprised. Has anyone had success on just the melts? I really found the injections helped me in the past. Maybe I should be going to a different clinic?

Last edited by cheftrish; 04-02-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Aagh! I had forgotten how restrictive week one is!!! 500-800 cals of protein only. One thing my clinic has changed is that they don't give the injections anymore, but give you the metibolic melts. Are other clinics doing this? I was really surprised. Has anyone had success on just the melts? I really found the injections helped me in the past. Maybe I should be going to a different clinic?
There have been a few people on here saying their clinic switched to the melts. I dont currently go to the clinic, but when I did I still bought the melts to use in between visits. I was allowed to take them 2 days after getting an injection, and every day until I got another injection. When I stopped going and still had melts left, I took them and didn't notice any difference from the shots. So for me they worked just as good. Hopefully it'll be the same for you!

Week 1 is restrictive, but you can do it!!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #771
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KVark
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Atkins
Hello! This is the third time I've done LC. The first was about 10 years ago, with amazing success but then I gained it all back and then some... The first time, I did not have an 'induction flu' or any similar symptoms that I remember. I think it is the reason I did not continue for very long the last time I tried LC though. I felt like I was getting sick and did not have the resources to know that was normal, so I just started eating carbs again. This time, I am on day 5 and I did not get anything done last night! I just laid on the couch and each time I moved I felt like I was going to be sick. I'm glad to have support and knowledge now but, goodness gracious, it is not fun! I'm trying to drink more water. Is there anything else I should be doing?
KVark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Be sure you are getting your electrolytes, drink electrolyte water (no calorie, no carbs) and/or maybe have some broth. You can get dehydrated, and that might lead to the flu feeling. You can also probably have a pickle. Hope you feel better!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #773
Junior LCF Member

Started Week 3 today... Week 2 weigh in was a disappointment :/

So, I had a great first week weigh in-- I lost 5.8 pounds!!! The next week I had a few cheats, one being on soda and one being a full Easter dinner- and my weigh in only showed .2 pounds of weight loss. I was disappointed, even though I cheated a little I still thought I would have more loss than .2 pounds. I was going to switch back to the strict Week 1 eating, but my clinic told me to keep with the plan (Healthy fats and 1 cup cooked veggies, along with preworkout fuel) and they said I would see more results. I am nervous to be eating this much though. I do think the preworkout fuel is helping my workouts and makes me more intense, but the other stuff--- just makes me nervous that I wont see any results on my Week 3 weigh in. Anyone have advice? I have been sticking to the plan to a T this week.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Kvark I was also wondering...if you don't mind my asking... is everything "moving along" er, the way it should be? I woke up feeling sort of bloated this morning and will add fiber to my protein shake. Just a thought that that might be contributing to the yucky feeling.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #775
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Violaine
Stats: 245/241/135
WOE: Atkins/Medi methods
Start Date: 04/01/2013
Hi everyone,

I've been poking around this site since the first time I did the Atkins diet, in 2003. I've had a series of successes and setbacks, like just about everyone else on this planet. I tried Medi Weightloss last year with wonderful results, but I moved, and there's no Medi office anywhere near me. Moving was a great hindrance to my progress, and I got back on the junk food wagon, unfortunately. I started my program again on 4/1, following the eating plan that I did when I was active with Medi, mishmashed with what I know from following Atkins. Today is day 4, and I am tired, but I know it's worth it.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone.
Violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #776
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KVark
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Kvark I was also wondering...if you don't mind my asking... is everything "moving along" er, the way it should be? I woke up feeling sort of bloated this morning and will add fiber to my protein shake. Just a thought that that might be contributing to the yucky feeling.
I think this may be part of the problem. I decided to get some more fiber into my diet, and drink a lot more water and I'm feeling much better now. I'm really glad I found you guys!
KVark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #777
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
I ended up adding flax seed oil capsule s to keep things moving. I had digestive. Issues that have now settled down. At one point took twenty. Some supplements. Daily. I find the medic inner balance and flax seed oil work best for me.

)
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #778
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ashes331
Stats: 211/211/130
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: April 2013
I'm new to the message board thing, and I'm going to my local MWL clinic on Saturday. I did Medi 2 years ago, and lost over 8 lbs the first week, and 3 the second and third week... then the money ran dry and my willpower wavered. I'm doing their Prepaid 12 week plan. My husband and I have agreed that I must go at least 12 weeks.

I am starting my list of why it failed the first time (aside from money) so I can go ahead and squash those. I'm also going to try to become a regular on here to help me through the tough times.

Any other advice to help me calm my nerves about my appt on Saturday?
Thanks!
ashes331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Ashes, I love that you are writing a list of why it didn't work last time. I think we could all benefit from doing that!
Welcome aboard! We are all in this together!
Debbie how are you doing?? Hope all is going okay??
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Trish and ALL!!

I am so sorry I disappeared for the past week! After I got sick last weekend, it has taken a while to get remotivated to cut out the carbs. I gained about 4 lbs and now I'm back to 179.2. I didn't want to sabotage anyone's forward progress! Plus, I'm down to just my PC for a while and it's been acting funny today; so not as convenient to pop in. Need to read the instructions on my new ipad-like device and get it in service so I can get on easier! I'm techno-challenged! Started week 1 again this AM and thinking about going for a bike ride here pretty soon. How are you doing Trish?!

Welcome Ashes, KVark, Violaine, and Motivated!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 04-08-2013 at 10:27 AM..