Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches0416 View Post
By the way does anyoen know how to update the tracker in my profile under signature?
see this thread

Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
andyg-fit-in-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #602
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarbinator
Stats: 204/?/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/18/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulaab View Post
sarbinator the same thing happened to me. I asked the office and they said its pretty normal for your cycle to change when you lose a good amount of weight. Needless to say it SUCKED cause I finished my cycle and 3 days later got it again But it has seemed to even out now.
Glad I'm not the only one who is "off" cycle.....also glad to here it will regulate itself. Thanks!
sarbinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #603
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarbinator
Stats: 204/?/135
Start Date: 4/18/12
FELL OFF THE PLAN AT DINNER! You guys, seriously I'm in week three and I already caved at Bonefish Grill tonight. My Calories for the day topped out at 1219! I feel so bad right now, ugh. I ate the Bang Bang Shrimp, then some more shrimp and scallops, plus 2 Bicardi and Diet Cokes. I did ask them to prepare my food without the butter and I got steamed veggies on the side. But I still feel really bad, please someone tell me I didn't royally screw up! I wrote it down in my journal, but I'm not prepared to face the scale after tonight.
sarbinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbinator View Post
FELL OFF THE PLAN AT DINNER! You guys, seriously I'm in week three and I already caved at Bonefish Grill tonight. My Calories for the day topped out at 1219! I feel so bad right now, ugh. I ate the Bang Bang Shrimp, then some more shrimp and scallops, plus 2 Bicardi and Diet Cokes. I did ask them to prepare my food without the butter and I got steamed veggies on the side. But I still feel really bad, please someone tell me I didn't royally screw up! I wrote it down in my journal, but I'm not prepared to face the scale after tonight.
you will be ok go protein only 3 days no fruit or veg check with the stick in 3 days and repeat if needed. drink lots of water and exercise
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #605
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YLRAE
Stats: 175/167/145
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 4/25/12
Week 1 = 8 lbs!

I was thrilled! The first three days were the hardest, but seeing the 8 lb loss (3 fat) and then going over my initial labwork were incentive enough. Cholesterol is 230, with the good cholesterol on the low end. Let's hope that improves.

It was so nice to eat something green yesterday!
YLRAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #606
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maggie79
Stats: 260/250/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2012
Oh, I am surprised they didn't tell you NOT to exercise the first week. That is what they told me because it would make the fatigue and all much worse. And it just broke my heart when they told me NO Exercise!
I was tired, and had a massive headache my first week. But hang in there. I lost 12.5 in my first two weeks! It gets much easier after the first week is over. It is already becoming like a second nature to eat the right foods. Last night I wanted ice cream so I took a chocolate protein drink and added frozen strawberries, put them in the Ninja Kitchen 1100, (which has become my best friend) and turned them into a chocolate covered strawberry ice cream! It was wonderful.
Keep up the good work!
Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by latees View Post
Today is my 4th day on the program. I was so exhausted yesterday after walking 3 miles and felt so weak this morning. My scale at home says I lost 7 lbs my weigh in will be on Thursday. I was excited that I reached Ketosis on my 3rd morning even though I was told not to check until the 4th morning. I am having a hard time with getting enough protein I am expected to eat between 600-800. Cant wait for my first official weigh in on Thurday
Maggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #607
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bre1972
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: May 2012
Hi all

Hi I was sent to this site from the medi facebook site one of the people there recommended I check it out. I am also in Florida I see there are a few floridians on here. I started the program on Tuesday and so far my only issue is being able to hit exactly 500 calories My first day I was over by 2 yesterday and today i was under. I had a terrible headache about half way through day one that stayed till i went to bed last nite but today (day 3) I felt pretty good. I miss coffee but for the most part i am not terribly hungry. When i feel hungry i drink some water. I just hope i get cleared monday to go back to the gym i really miss it. I am looking forward to exploring this board more and learning as much as i can.
bre1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre1972 View Post
Hi I was sent to this site from the medi facebook site one of the people there recommended I check it out. I am also in Florida I see there are a few floridians on here. I started the program on Tuesday and so far my only issue is being able to hit exactly 500 calories My first day I was over by 2 yesterday and today i was under. I had a terrible headache about half way through day one that stayed till i went to bed last nite but today (day 3) I felt pretty good. I miss coffee but for the most part i am not terribly hungry. When i feel hungry i drink some water. I just hope i get cleared monday to go back to the gym i really miss it. I am looking forward to exploring this board more and learning as much as i can.

Hi bre, welcome! Going over by just a few won't be a big deal. They actually told me 500-700 but its different for everyone. Its very important though to not go under the 500. Good luck! You'll do great!!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
week 5 weigh in...drum roll...down 3.6 lbs! i am in shock for sure. i did nothing different eating wise, except i ate 1 slice of pizza and i also did 2 sessions of hot yoga in addition to my 3 spin classes. i guess my body is just slow to adjust. week 2 and 3, i only had .9 loss. so total of 14.6 in 5 weeks. i am SO happy i found medi and thankful that i found this board for inspiration!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #610
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ADog&HerGirl
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new to this (my consult is this Thursday), so now that I've read about some issues with regulating and TOM (always good to know beforehand!), what does TOM stand for? Thanks!
ADog&HerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #611
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CamiSWFL
Stats: 234.4/217.0/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 05/1/12
I'm back on week one again !

Hi everyone, I have been reading all your posts for weeks and finaly decided to join in. This site is so helpful and the encouragement from reading all your success stories are bar none !!
I started on May 1st and just had my first weigh in I lost 7.4 lbs and was feeling a little discouraged because I was hoping for double digits. Anyhow, they told me to do week one AGAIN!!! because I was not on Ketosis, they think its because I had a lot of sodium. I'm a mom of two little ones and work full time, so food preparation is really hard, so I have been living off of tuna and chicken in the can for a week. I'm a little dissapointed cause I was really looking forward to veggies but ohh well. Great to be here and hoping to achieve great results too.
CamiSWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

adog&hergirl- TOM is time of month

camiSWFL - 7.5 is a great loss! i bet you have another great weigh in this week! i am in week 6 and i still just try to keep meals simple. though i am tiring of simple and think i may need to spend some time reading the recipe sections here.

lisa
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ready4abikini
Stats: 175.4/170.1/115
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: May 3, 2012
worried Im not losing enough

Hi everyone, I have been reading some of the posts and it seems most people lost around 10 lbs their first week, I just got weighed in today for the 1st week and was only down 4.8lbs, but the PA said it was really great because 4lbs of it was fat and only 1lb water weight. I still felt disappointed, I only cheated 1 lunch the entire week, but still registered to be in ketosis, could that have caused it? My husband and BFF (also dieting) said they are really proud of me, but I still feel disappointed. Now Im nervous to add the fruits, but I did just have a salad for lunch with some kidney beans for protein, after a week of all protein, that was the best salad I've ever tasted. Going over a friends tomorrow, hopefully they will notice the lose and give me a confidence boost

Last edited by ready4abikini; 05-10-2012 at 11:05 AM..
ready4abikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #614
Senior LCF Member

hang in there ready4abikini! 4.8 is great!!!

everyone's body is different...i "only" lost 6.5 week 1 and "only" .9 week 2 and 3. talk about frustrated! i wanted 20lbs the first month!! then in week 5, when a lot of people really slow, i lost 3.6. i did NOTHING different last week.

hang in there and keep following the program and the weight WILL come off!

i agree, i have NEVER been so happy to eat a salad as i was when i started week 2!

lisa
Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Great job week 1. This program works !!!

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4abikini View Post
Hi everyone, I have been reading some of the posts and it seems most people lost around 10 lbs their first week, I just got weighed in today for the 1st week and was only down 4.8lbs, but the PA said it was really great because 4lbs of it was fat and only 1lb water weight.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #616
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maggie79
Stats: 260/250/150
Start Date: April 2012
Congrats on your first week ready4abikini! I agree with Lisa, everyone is different I had a 9.5 first week and then "only" a 1.4 second week. The best thing to remember is that all of those "onlys" add up and it is the end result that counts!
I just had my week 4 weigh in and I am down a total of 20 pounds in a month! They even told me not to be disappointed when the losses slow down now. So I am prepared to see some small numbers sometimes. Will just make me work harder! I am looking through recipes now on the Medi site to cook on Sunday so I will have meals ready all week. That is my big downfall. Not being prepared ahead of time.
Good continued luck to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinNC View Post
hang in there ready4abikini! 4.8 is great!!!

everyone's body is different...i "only" lost 6.5 week 1 and "only" .9 week 2 and 3. talk about frustrated! i wanted 20lbs the first month!! then in week 5, when a lot of people really slow, i lost 3.6. i did NOTHING different last week.

hang in there and keep following the program and the weight WILL come off!

i agree, i have NEVER been so happy to eat a salad as i was when i started week 2!

lisa
Maggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Location: Staten Island, New York soon to be Cape Coral, Florida
Gallery: peaches0416
Stats: 208/182/140
Start Date: March 31, 2012
Hi all, back from vacation and I didn't do as good as I had hoped but I get weighted in tomorrow first time since May 6 and although I couldn't have gained 20 lbs in the week I was away I really feel like I did. I'm also having trouble getting back the dicipline I had before I left. I guess we'll know tomorrow. so nervous
peaches0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

welcome back peaches! good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #619
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Graybird76
Stats: 220.8/190/150
Start Date: 5/15/12
Hi everyone! I've been reading posts this week but am finally introducing myself. I started Medi on Tuesday this week so this is day 5 for me. Each day gets a little easier. I'm still not in ketosis and am confused about that. I was told to eat between 600-800 calories of protein and have been shooting for 700. Afternoons are the hardest but I try to keep myself busy. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've found so many helpful hints here!
Graybird76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #620
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wease
Start Date: 5/19/2012
Just starting...don't qualify for appetite suppressant

Hi everyone! Glad to have found this forum.

Went for my initial appointment at the MWL clinic this morning. No appetite suppressant for me. Has anyone made it all the way through week one on 500 cals a day with no Rx assistance??? If so, PLEASE share your tips & tricks.

Thank you!!!!
Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #621
MJD
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MJD
Stats: 265/250/195
Start Date: May18th. 2012
Started last Friday and I am now on day 4. I am a 6'2 male who is used to eating a lot. I travel non stop for work and get to expense everything, so large and very nice dinners are the norm. Got tired of looking in the mirror and decided to do something drastic. I averaged about 4-6 diet sodas a day as well as alcohol frequently while entertaining clients.

Last Friday, decided to start and give up caffeine and alcohol for 30 days (I realize the diet says no alcohol week 1 and most likely none for at least 30 days is best).

Day 4 - I still feel great. I am on AS meds as well as the vitamins. Not a singe headache nor too much lethargy. Tested the keytones this am and got moderate ketosis, so I was happy with that. I am down about 6 pounds in 4 days, which I am sure is a lot of water weight, but interested for my weigh in on Thursday.

It is encouraging reading from people who have done it. It also helps to hear when people slip up and how they got back into it quickly, as I am sure that will be me at some point. I wanted to do something to quick start the weight loss and then get back to a heavy excersice routine. Not working out this week feels odd. Even being overweight I could go out and run 3-5 miles without much problem. Hoping to be able to pick that and the weightlifting back up next week to really drop some weight (or inches if not weight).

Thanks for all of the encouraging posts.
MJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #622
MJD
Junior LCF Member

One question I did have, is it possible to drink too much fluid? I drink about 150-200oz a day of water, smart water, soda water, or powerade zero ever day. Even before this I would drink the same amount of oz's, but diet soda was a big part of it. I guess I am a thirsty person, so any help or thoughts on if there is ever a too much it would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #623
Senior LCF Member

First weight in since 5-5 before going on vacation and it wasn't good, as I expected but it wasn't so bad as I thought and the PA was glad too, I gained 1 lb on vacation so I'm back in the saddle again hopefully after eating while away I'll have a good loss this week.

Welcome MJD I know what you mean about being tired of looking in the mirror, I kept thinking if I'd only start I could be halfway there by now and every January I'd say the same thing. Now I'm exicited each morning getting ready for work to see what I'm going to wear of what now fits. Keep going.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #624
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CamiSWFL
Stats: 234.4/217.0/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 05/1/12
MJD I don't think you can drink too much water I drink as much as you and was wondering the same thing, and was told by my clinit absolutely not.
Peaches I have a question for you.... ( TOM) have been on it for 20 days straight, started when i started medi and its sitll here !!! Is that normal??
CamiSWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #625
Senior LCF Member

peaches- 1 lb isnt so bad for a 2 week vacation! i know its discouraging, but that's life. ups and downs of the scale expected, i guess.

i am having problems getting to go weigh in. my clinic is open very limited hours and days because it is so new..... i live an hour from it (so i need 3 hours to get there, have appoint, get RX and then get back to school). and now i have kids on half days for 2 weeks and then all the graduations, etc start! so, i have been going about every 10 days to 2 weeks. friday is my next weigh in.

anyway, just wanted to explain why my stats havent changed regularly and why i havent been around...i am still on program though!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #626
MJD
Junior LCF Member

Quick question for the people that have been through it before. I am in week one, and yesterday and today have been the hardest to eat well because I am travelling for work. I ate egg whites at breakfast, but forgot to specify not to cook in butter (not sure they did, but assume they usually do). Also, at lunch it was a buffet style lunch. I had 5 ounces of salmon, but it had a little sauce on it that I am sure was a butter base. I got the salmon with the least amount and scraped off what I could, but just worried it will send me out of ketosis. I will test tomorrow am, but wondered if anyone here knew. I really had no other options other than not eating and I was hungry.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

MJD- ketosis seems to vary by person. what knocks you out, might not knock me out. be sure and drink your water and get back to eating things you are sure are "safe". i would guess you will be fine, but you will know tomorrow morning for sure! i have not shown ketosis myself since the second week when i started exercising....i wanted that stick to show me i was in it so badly! but i keep losing, so my PA said not to worry about it....
Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiSWFL View Post
MJD I don't think you can drink too much water I drink as much as you and was wondering the same thing, and was told by my clinit absolutely not.
Peaches I have a question for you.... ( TOM) have been on it for 20 days straight, started when i started medi and its sitll here !!! Is that normal??
Actually, I started March 31st and had my tom the week before and since I've been on it I haven't gotten it again and I was worried about it too but the PA said not to worry when there's a change like this it does happen. I know you'd prefer it to be that way than the way you have it maybe you should give you ob a call just to ask them? Sorry I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinNC View Post
MJD- ketosis seems to vary by person. what knocks you out, might not knock me out. be sure and drink your water and get back to eating things you are sure are "safe". i would guess you will be fine, but you will know tomorrow morning for sure! i have not shown ketosis myself since the second week when i started exercising....i wanted that stick to show me i was in it so badly! but i keep losing, so my PA said not to worry about it....
Hi LTinNC,
same with me I was barely in ketosis at all and then once I had a piece of fruit I was knocked right out of it and since I came back from vac. I haven't even tried to see it I thought I'd wait a few more days. I was under the impression if you weren't in ketosis you weren't losing weight but now I guess that's not true?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #630
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristin
Stats: 5'6.5" 142/126/125
Start Date: May 21, 2012
New!

Hi everyone!
I just started Medi yesterday, and I am really excited to see some results and change my lifestyle! All of my stats are in the "normal" range, but I haven't felt normal ever since I gained weight on birth control two years ago. (I went from ~110lbs to ~150lbs all in under 6 months!). My goal is to find where I am happy and confident, and maybe that will be before my goal weight.

It was hard to swallow the cost of the program, but I figure self-confidence and better eating habits will eventually be worth it. :) Plus, I can always make more money.

I am 20 years old and a university student so I can really benefit from learning different ways to cook/eat. I eat so pitiful sometimes, but I haven't gained weight since two years ago...which makes me hopeful that I can splurge a little (like I did prior to yesterday) and overall be okay after I get through this program.

Long post, but I am looking forward to embarking on this journey with you all. :D
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote