Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MattProducer
Stats: 6'0, 232/213.1/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: End of April, 2011
Hey All,

My wife (Shar82 on these boards) and I started last Tues (April 26th), which makes today day 5.
So far, there's been a little bit of grumbling from both of us about how bored we are with the lack of variety (since we shy away from fish and shellfish b\c of her allergies), but, overall, it hasn't been too bad. I know I shouldn't step on the scale too often, but I can't resist. So far, I'm down 9.5 pounds!!
For all the Central Floridians on the board (and I've seen a lot of us so far), one thing that Sharon and I found that has really helped us is buying food at Cavallari Gourmet in Oveido (at the corner of 426 and Red Bug, in the Home Depot Shopping center).
They have fresh-cut meats, skewers, etc - and most are NOT marinated.
Last night, I grilled a beautiful 6oz bacon-wrapped filet mignon and 2 cajun bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers. Sharon cut her filet in half and had the rest for lunch today, I had 1 skewer last night and the other today. Each skewer was about 200 Calories, and the 1/2 filet (including real bacon) was 221 Calories.
Cavallari is going to be a life-saver for us during this weight-loss plan... hopefully this advice will help at least one person too!
I know that Sharon and I will continue to update the boards with our status, and best of luck to everyone on here!
MattProducer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
advertising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattProducer View Post
Hey All,

My wife (Shar82 on these boards) and I started last Tues (April 26th), which makes today day 5.
So far, there's been a little bit of grumbling from both of us about how bored we are with the lack of variety (since we shy away from fish and shellfish bc of her allergies), but, overall, it hasn't been too bad. I know I shouldn't step on the scale too often, but I can't resist. So far, I'm down 9.5 pounds!!
For all the Central Floridians on the board (and I've seen a lot of us so far), one thing that Sharon and I found that has really helped us is buying food at Cavallari Gourmet in Oveido (at the corner of 426 and Red Bug, in the Home Depot Shopping center).
They have fresh-cut meats, skewers, etc - and most are NOT marinated.
Last night, I grilled a beautiful 6oz bacon-wrapped filet mignon and 2 cajun bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers. Sharon cut her filet in half and had the rest for lunch today, I had 1 skewer last night and the other today. Each skewer was about 200 Calories, and the 1/2 filet (including real bacon) was 221 Calories.
Cavallari is going to be a life-saver for us during this weight-loss plan... hopefully this advice will help at least one person too!
I know that Sharon and I will continue to update the boards with our status, and best of luck to everyone on here!

I am really happy you and your wife are doing this as a couple and helping each other through. It really sounds like your post is an advertisement for the store you mentioned. You may also want to stay away from the bacon, I don't believe it is suggested as a lean meat on program.
butterflytrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MattProducer
Stats: 6'0, 232/213.1/180
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: End of April, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I am really happy you and your wife are doing this as a couple and helping each other through. It really sounds like your post is an advertisement for the store you mentioned. You may also want to stay away from the bacon, I don't believe it is suggested as a lean meat on program.
Just as a footnote for the board - I do not now, nor have I ever, worked for Cavallari. I merely put all that info up because the board is called 'Helpful Info and, with as many Central Floridians as there are on these boards, I figured I'd share what we did (and how it worked out for us).

In response to the bacon issue, we looked up the nutrition fact about real bacon and, while it's not technically a 'lean meat,' it does only have 46 calories, 0.1g Carbs, and only 3.6g of fat per slice and, since we only day 2-3 total between the 2 days, I don't feel guilty eating it.

Thanks for the note about the wife and I - we've never really worked as hard as each other on anything else before, so we decided that it was time to buckle down and get skinny again (like we were when we first started dating!). Here goes nothing!
MattProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Just as a footnote for the board - I do not now, nor have I ever, worked for Cavallari. I merely put all that info up because the board is called 'Helpful Info and, with as many Central Floridians as there are on these boards, I figured I'd share what we did (and how it worked out for us).

In response to the bacon issue, we looked up the nutrition fact about real bacon and, while it's not technically a 'lean meat,' it does only have 46 calories, 0.1g Carbs, and only 3.6g of fat per slice and, since we only day 2-3 total between the 2 days, I don't feel guilty eating it.

Thanks for the note about the wife and I - we've never really worked as hard as each other on anything else before, so we decided that it was time to buckle down and get skinny again (like we were when we first started dating!). Here goes nothing!
Thanks for clarifying. It just really sound like it was a marketing announcement. What I was saying about the bacon is that it is not on the list of foods that Medi allows during week one or acute for that. If it works for you then that is great! Good luck with the program.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I believe it's the sodium that they want us to stay away from during this phase.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarunr11
Stats: 175/161/140/131
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: April 1, 2009
Hi Amaraya,
Welcome! You will be so happy you joined this forum. Like you I have gone through every type of diet and program that there was on my own and finally decided to try Medi. I was at my all time weight when I began and within a few months had lost a lot. One year after beginning, I had lost a total of 57lbs. I did most of it on my own after the inital induction phase. You won't be sorry its worth it. I would like to keep in touch with you for any questions or advice and encouragement. I too live in Florida...I am on the west coast. Good luck and we can hook up via email if you like.
sarunr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarunr11
Stats: 175/161/140/131
Start Date: April 1, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaraya View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to quickly introduce myself- I'm "Amaraya" and I live in central Florida. I've been working on weight issues since high school and have had plenty of ups and downs along the way. I topped out at 287 in 2006 when I started working on losing weight the last time. Since then I've been doing a lot of different programs- Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc - lots and lots of different things. They all sort of work for awhile and then I get stuck. Thankfully, I haven't been gaining back so over time I've been progressing in the right direction to get me where I am today - sort of hovering between 185 and 190. The problem is I've been hovering for at least 7 months now and nothing seems to get it started again.

While I'm very happy with the weight I've lost so far, I feel like I didn't come all this way to chill out 40 pounds from the finish line. I'm really desperate to find something that will push me to my goal weight - the faster the better. I've been reading through all your entries and I'm hoping this is it. I have my first appointment scheduled for Monday.

One of my main motivations is a theatre audition I have at the end of May (I'm an actress with some local groups). I want to be positively svelte. I've been working out like a fiend (P90X) for about a month and, while I can tell it's making a difference in my strength and endurance, even that hasn't helped drop this weight.

So here goes. I'm looking forward to using these boards as a major support source as I'm doing this on my own (no husband or kids to try to plan meals around, which is a relief!).
Welcome! You will be so happy you joined this forum. Like you I have gone through every type of diet and program that there was on my own and finally decided to try Medi. I was at my all time weight when I began and within a few months had lost a lot. One year after beginning, I had lost a total of 57lbs. I did most of it on my own after the inital induction phase. You won't be sorry its worth it. I would like to keep in touch with you for any questions or advice and encouragement. I too live in Florida...I am on the west coast. Good luck and we can hook up via email if you like.
sarunr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I think bacon is ok as long as you keep your numbers in check. However, in week 5, they talk about the types of fat and bacon definitely falls under the "bad fat" category. Plus it doesn't go a very long way fat/calorie g wise like turkey bacon does! When I hit short term maintenance, I noticed my fat going up a little and they said to watch my fat grams and keep it around 30g a day which is REALLY difficult when you're eating primarily protein and trying to raise your calories at the same time.

I don't think they're terribly concerned with sodium. It's difficult to consume too much on just 500 calories a day anyway. Plus if that were the case, they wouldn't suggest lunch meat, turkey pepperoni, or turkey bacon. I know I personally have to keep that in check though because I swell up big time!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 05-03-2011 at 04:59 AM..
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrystalMaria
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: April 22, 2011
2nd Weigh In

Hi everyone! I'm Crystal and live in the Auburn, AL area. I am so excited to take this journey! I have 125 pounds to lose! My 1st weigh in was great with 12 lbs lost. Today was my 2nd weigh in with nothing lost I was discouraged until the great staff at the Auburn OBGYN Clinic explained that my fat % had gone down, but my water weight was up. As much as I'm trying to NOT let this discourage me, I am just a tiny bit. I have not cheated and have been very faithful to everything other than...NOT drinking my water faithfully! I'm trying to remain positive I WILL remain positive!
CrystalMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HobokenAnna
Stats: 205.5/191.5/150
WOE: Atkins Induction (former MWL client)
Start Date: 6/6/11
Hey - Just started Medi today!

Hey everyone! I'm so pleased to have found such a supportive and informative forum for Medi. I went in for my first appt. yesterday evening, and started the diet today. I weighed in at 205.5 (omg!) which is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm getting the hang of the principles of the diet and think I'll be okay this first week. I'm kinda nauseous, have an awful headache, am jittery as heck, but not hungry whatsoever. It will be challenging but I have a feeling I'll survive
HobokenAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenAnna View Post
Hey everyone! I'm so pleased to have found such a supportive and informative forum for Medi. I went in for my first appt. yesterday evening, and started the diet today. I weighed in at 205.5 (omg!) which is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm getting the hang of the principles of the diet and think I'll be okay this first week. I'm kinda nauseous, have an awful headache, am jittery as heck, but not hungry whatsoever. It will be challenging but I have a feeling I'll survive
Welcome HobokenAnn!
I started this journey (second time doing Medi) weighing in at 205.7 on April 11, 2011. I would love to keep in touch with you since we are in the same boat weight wise. How tall are you? Where do you live? I'm 5'3'' so starting I was like a little tea pot...short and stout! Again, welcome!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMaria View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Crystal and live in the Auburn, AL area. I am so excited to take this journey! I have 125 pounds to lose! My 1st weigh in was great with 12 lbs lost. Today was my 2nd weigh in with nothing lost I was discouraged until the great staff at the Auburn OBGYN Clinic explained that my fat % had gone down, but my water weight was up. As much as I'm trying to NOT let this discourage me, I am just a tiny bit. I have not cheated and have been very faithful to everything other than...NOT drinking my water faithfully! I'm trying to remain positive I WILL remain positive!
CrystalMaria,

Welcome! 125 pounds may sound like a lot but break it up. Instead of saying I wanted to lose 80 pounds, I said I wanted to lose 20 pounds...4 times! Drink you water and you will be fine!!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Thanks butterflytrg!

Quote:
Welcome HobokenAnn!
I started this journey (second time doing Medi) weighing in at 205.7 on April 11, 2011. I would love to keep in touch with you since we are in the same boat weight wise. How tall are you? Where do you live? I'm 5'3'' so starting I was like a little tea pot...short and stout! Again, welcome!
Hey there. Thanks for the support. I'm 5'8'' and live in Hoboken, NJ (yes, the Cake Boss is here). I've been up and down all of my life and just want to be able to maintain a healthy weight! Where do you live? How much have you lost so far?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweetkasper
Stats: 266.5/253.6/150
WOE: Medi Weighloss
Start Date: May 4 2011
Relieved

Hey all,
decided to cruise the internet for support with Medi Weightloss, started my diet May 4 feeling pretty good, within a day I lost my mojo. No one around me knows about Medi Weightloss or even understands, it is so wonderful to find this forum and to hear that I am not going out of my mind and finally feeling like I'm not the only one who has had a hard time. Hoping that I will be able to use this forum for added support throughout the upcoming week. My first weigh in will be next Thursday May 12, can't come soon enough
Sweetkasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Little Help Here Please

Hi Iam new and posted in maverlous may, but iam still new so i think i can get help here too. I try to eat my 500 but fall short sometimes, my weight has not droped the way i thought i do drink 3 to 4 liters of water. eating mostly baked or grilled chicken, shrimp, firsh, and a few times turkey pepperoni. sf jello, greek 0 % yougart 1/2 cup once a day. oopsie roll at least one with my chicken for lunch, does this food sound right or iam missing something, also if i need more cals i have a eas protine drink 110 cal.
ok rammbling on. cant wait to hear back...Thnaks guys
marverboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Marverboston:

You are doing everything right. From your stats it looks like you lost 8 pounds at your first weigh in. That is great. The average is 7.4 so you are right on. I find that when I work out harder during the week I lost more at that week's weigh in. When I say work out harder I mean .... you gotta sweat!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMaria View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Crystal and live in the Auburn, AL area. I am so excited to take this journey! I have 125 pounds to lose! My 1st weigh in was great with 12 lbs lost. Today was my 2nd weigh in with nothing lost I was discouraged until the great staff at the Auburn OBGYN Clinic explained that my fat % had gone down, but my water weight was up.
Check out my thread about retaining water before your cycle. I got bummed at my third weigh in when I lost 3.8 pounds of fat but only 2 pounds of weight because of the water retention. It is very discouraging but, from what I understand, completely normal. I made it up on the next weigh in.
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelle71
Start Date: 05/03/2011
Hi! This is my first week on the program and only the second day was really bad - went to bed a 8:00 with a severe headache, tired....seems much better now. I am concerned I misunderstood the girl at the clinic. I have been eating the CarbMasters Yogurt and LowFat cheese (and counting it in my 500) in my first week. I just re-read all the materials and I think the yogurt and cheese was not allowed on the first week. I am losing but curious if I was supposed to leave this out thefirst week? I am concerned about being able to get to 500 calories on just meats alone.....Thanks!
Michelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Hi Michelle71, from what I have read from different forums it seems that there are some differences between clinics. I can tell you that at my clinic I was given the acute phase food list and the nurse practitioner crossed off a lot of stuff for week one, including yogurt and cottage cheese, because I don't eat any seafood I am pretty much limited to egg whites/ eggbeaters and meat. You should call your clinic, when I had some questions this morning I called them up right away and they were very helpful. Better to be safe than sorry
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelle71
Start Date: 05/03/2011
Thanks....I will be definately calling them Monday morning!
Michelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
I, too, think there is a difference in what the clinics will allow the first week. My clinic did allow cottage cheese and PLAIN greek yogurt the first week. My basic breakfast is still (4 months into Medi) 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a little vanilla flavored sugarfree syrup mixed in. You mentioned getting all your calories with meats alone... remember eggs add some good protein/calories too! You will be great... just keep talking to your clinic and reading these boards... they are GREAT!
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenAnna View Post
Hey there. Thanks for the support. I'm 5'8'' and live in Hoboken, NJ (yes, the Cake Boss is here). I've been up and down all of my life and just want to be able to maintain a healthy weight! Where do you live? How much have you lost so far?
I live in Central Florida. I have lost 16 pounds in the last 25 days!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Marverboston:

You are doing everything right. From your stats it looks like you lost 8 pounds at your first weigh in. That is great. The average is 7.4 so you are right on. I find that when I work out harder during the week I lost more at that week's weigh in. When I say work out harder I mean .... you gotta sweat!
Thanks for that. I feel like I should be losing more but, I know I didn't get to this weight in 2 weeks so I guess I need to keep on keeping on. Oh, btw I am doing at least 30 mins 4 times a week of sweaty walking or a tape at home when its raining out. I do hope this will help move the scale.
For you with headaches from week one it will pass try advil and drink your chick.broth low sodium it really did help me get through and still does when I get really hungry.
marverboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bingo
Stats: 267/236/167
Start Date: 05/05/2011
Exercise During W1

Hi All-

I am on D3 and I am feeling great. After reading hundreds of posts on the board, I was not able to find much about exercise, calories in, and calories out. With the first week being so restrictive with calories, I have been burning more calories during exercise than I have been taking in with food. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I just want to be sure I am progressing properly.

Thanks!
bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Hi Bingo, I am not sure if every clinic is the same but for me when I was concerned about calories in and out they told me to try and stay away from working out week one. I told them I didn't really feel comfortable doing that so they had me restrict my exercise for this week. Hoping to get back into my work out routine next week.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for that...I will be calling the clinic in the morning but just wanted to get some weekender advice. Unfortunately, I feel as if I have been counter-productive these past few days with burning almost as many calories as I am eating!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I live in Central Florida. I have lost 16 pounds in the last 25 days!
Oh wow - that's awesome. Good job!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Thank you HobokenAnna!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Snick421
Stats: 213/195/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo View Post
Hi All-

I am on D3 and I am feeling great. After reading hundreds of posts on the board, I was not able to find much about exercise, calories in, and calories out. With the first week being so restrictive with calories, I have been burning more calories during exercise than I have been taking in with food. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I just want to be sure I am progressing properly.

Thanks!
Bingo,
When I asked my clinic about it she broke it down like this--Make sure you are counting your calories burned, then you should eat half as much as that in extra protein calories. So for example, if I burn 500 calories at the gym, I need to make sure I eat an additional 250 calories that day. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but when I mentioned how I felt so weak during work-out days this was the math she told me would keep me from going into "starvation mode" from burning more than I take it.
Hope this helps!
Snick421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice. I will get a better understand of this all on Friday during the weigh-in but what you have shared and how you have explained it really makes sense!