Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Hooray! Finished week #3 with a 4 lb weight loss, and I'm down 13.2 total so far. I'm surprised I haven't seen big #s like many of you out there, but a steady loss week to week. For the newcomers....it gets easier! Stick to the plan, you'll get great results and the discomfort from the first weeks will become a distant memory. I can't be happier with this progress and have no doubt that my life is officially changing for the better. Yay!!!

Onto week #4!
Gemini6860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #512
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 28 2012
great job!
schleprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #513
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Herewego
Stats: 198.2/181.5/160
WOE: Medi wt loss
Start Date: February 21,2010
Welcome to all the newbies!! It's an awesome program and it does work..I haven't had the fastest results...but I'm headed in the right direction. I take the appetite suppressants religiously ...I think they also help w metabolism and energy! I was allowed lf cheese the first week as well. Everyone have a great week!
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie31 View Post
Thanks !! Today was probably the hardest
When does it get better? Also why no caffeine ?
It got better for me on day 5 of my first week. I'm not sure about the caffeine, they didn't really tell me that I couldn't have it, just to limit it.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #515
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LovelyyLex
Start Date: March 2012
Newbie.

As I'm sitting here, looking into the Medi Weight Loss program, I'm overwhelmed with information and concerns.

My first appointment is in two days, and I'm highly nervous.
I know I have 100 or more pounds to loose to be a healthy weight, and considering I'm only 20 years old, now is the time to loose it.

A college diet isn't exactly what one would consider healthy..
Fats/carbs/sugars to be exact.

From what I'm reading, this program eliminates them all, which, is a fantastic thing... I'm just scared.

I'm terrified for my parents to pay for this program, and me fail.
I've tried other things in the past, which have worked, but nothing stays long-term.

Which, I'm at fault for, and now that I'm older I can be held accountable for my failures.

I'm worried, and concerned that this strict diet cannot be maintained life-long.
Is it realistic?
LovelyyLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #516
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyyLex View Post
As I'm sitting here, looking into the Medi Weight Loss program, I'm overwhelmed with information and concerns.

I know I have 100 or more pounds to loose to be a healthy weight, and considering I'm only 20 years old, now is the time to loose it.

From what I'm reading, this program eliminates them all, which, is a fantastic thing... I'm just scared.

I've tried other things in the past, which have worked, but nothing stays long-term.

Which, I'm at fault for, and now that I'm older I can be held accountable for my failures.

I'm worried, and concerned that this strict diet cannot be maintained life-long.
Is it realistic?
I was nervous before I started the program too. I just finished by 3rd week and I'm amazed at how easy it is. If you're ready to commit (and it takes commitment most of all), you'll be fine. I'm so excited to see progress so quickly! I'm betting you'll do just fine. :-) Donna
Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Location: Staten Island, New York soon to be Cape Coral, Florida
Gallery: peaches0416
Stats: 208/182/140
Start Date: March 31, 2012
I am ready to pick up the phone and finally make an appointment, I'm so afraid I won't be able to do this everyone on this site seems strong than me. If I fail I couldn't stand it. I just want this weight to be gone, for all the years I say if I started before it would be gone by now or if I start right now it will be gone for summer. I'm afraid I'll cheat I really hope the supressants work and this vitamin shot too. Please wish me luck...
peaches0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #518
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdie31
Stats: 155/137/138
WOE: Medi fast
Start Date: 03/26/2012
day 4 no ketosis

I have followed exactly why not in Ketosis yet?
Birdie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Okay have my first appointment I can't believe I'm going to do this. Wait till they see how much I eat out
Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #520
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maylene
1st week weigh-in

just had my weigh-in after my first week and I am down 8.5 pounds! Even more exciting, today I put on a pair of pants that I quit wearing because they were uncomfortable and they fit with room to spare!
maylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #521
Junior LCF Member

Will I still lose if I have a mich ultra
Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #522
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Will I still lose if I have a mich ultra
Michelob Ultra? If you want the most success, no drinking for 30 days. For the few calories we're allowed to consume each day, 1 bottle of mich ultra is 73 calories, 2 carbs. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyyLex View Post

Is it realistic?
I was nervous and worried about it not working too. I was also nervous about the low-carb aspect. It WORKS if you follow the plan.

The Acute phase (the weigh-loss phase) is NOT designed to be life-long. When you reach your goal weight, you have a short-term maintenance phase in which they help you adjust your eating so you can maintain your loss and eat more.
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
I have followed exactly why not in Ketosis yet?
Many people are in ketosis by Day 4, but some aren't. Just keep checking (first thing in the morning). Some people never show as being in ketosis with the ketostix and lose just fine.
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylene View Post
just had my weigh-in after my first week and I am down 8.5 pounds! Even more exciting, today I put on a pair of pants that I quit wearing because they were uncomfortable and they fit with room to spare!
congratulations it's so exciting to hear this for a first week, I go for my first time tomorrow morning. It would be so nice to put something on I haven't been able to wear or just feel more comfortable.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
Just checking in. I went for my starting appointment today. I am using the Cary NC location. Wow. A lot of info to process.
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinNC View Post
Just checking in. I went for my starting appointment today. I am using the Cary NC location. Wow. A lot of info to process.
Looks like we are both going to start about the same time with around the same weight. Want to buddy up a little? I was so worried about all the information I am going to hear tomorrow and now you just confirmed it. Anything in particular that may have seemed confusing? I am going to a center in New Jersey we don't have any in New York. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

sure peaches! i would love a buddy!

i think part of my confusion was from not eating since 7p the night before. my appoint was at 930am. so i didnt get home to eat til 1230 (i live 45 mins away from clinic).

everything was explained well yesterday, i think i was just foggy. i had questions prepared when i went in, like can i have yogurt and cheese this week or not? my office says yes to cottage cheese and greek yogurt but no other cheeses first week. other good tip was if you find the powerade zero overly sweet, dilute it with half water.

the pill schedule was most over whelming. i need to get a pill container and fill it up daily i guess to keep track instead of looking at paperwork every few hours.

by the afternoon yesterday i had a killer headache, as expected. just took tyl and motrin and it subsided. it was hard to feed the kids pizza and i had chicken breast, but i did it!

from reading here, i expect day 4 to be another challenging day.

let me know what your impressions are and if you learn anything different! good luck!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #529
Junior LCF Member

So after my 4th day it was so much better although I did drink this weekend at the beach I stuck to low carb beer. On my 4th day I lost 4 lbs u still feel good and jeans are lose so hope i still lose. I plan to stick to only protein again this week bc I drank last
Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #530
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bettyz
Stats: (first try183.5/163/158) Round 2-195.2/195.2/160
Round #2! In need of a pep rally!

HI!
I am back for round # 2- I had a medical setback Jan 2011, and gained back plus some
I'm ready to go again, But I'm on my own this time- I dont' live near a clinic (mine closed)
SO... Any cheer-leaders out there (besides myself...) or tips for those of us not taking the AS?
Glad to see everyone so svelt and happy!
Betty
bettyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #531
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyz View Post
HI!
I am back for round # 2- I had a medical setback Jan 2011, and gained back plus some
I'm ready to go again, But I'm on my own this time- I dont' live near a clinic (mine closed)
SO... Any cheer-leaders out there (besides myself...) or tips for those of us not taking the AS?
Glad to see everyone so svelt and happy!
Betty
gl
they are some thermogenic fat burners without caffeine or ephedra than work great
schleprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sure peaches! i would love a buddy!

i think part of my confusion was from not eating since 7p the night before. my appoint was at 930am. so i didnt get home to eat til 1230 (i live 45 mins away from clinic).

everything was explained well yesterday, i think i was just foggy. i had questions prepared when i went in, like can i have yogurt and cheese this week or not? my office says yes to cottage cheese and greek yogurt but no other cheeses first week. other good tip was if you find the powerade zero overly sweet, dilute it with half water.

the pill schedule was most over whelming. i need to get a pill container and fill it up daily i guess to keep track instead of looking at paperwork every few hours.

by the afternoon yesterday i had a killer headache, as expected. just took tyl and motrin and it subsided. it was hard to feed the kids pizza and i had chicken breast, but i did it!

from reading here, i expect day 4 to be another challenging day.

let me know what your impressions are and if you learn anything different! good luck!
Hi, sorry it’s taken so long to write back, I realized I needed to accept my new password that I updated but I did it from home and now I am at work and was unable to post. Here is how my appointment went. There was a receptionist/someone wearing scrubs and a doctors aid there but no doctor. The receptionist did my EKG and the aid sat with me and gave me the shots. I just thought it was odd there wasn’t an actual doctor there.

I was okay with the pill schedule because I went home and put what I need into a jar so I could carry to work but I realize I think I have to take the 2nd “suppressant” earlier than 4 pm I had a hard time sleeping both Sat and Sun.

I did buy power aid zero and also crystal lite energy and every other drink it suggested on the list along with salt free chicken bouillon, which now that I had it I didn’t realize how much salt must be in regular bouillon. Blah! I’ve been having at least 3 on each Sat. and Sun.

I think the only problem I have is understanding some of the conversion of things but I think I have it… so cottage cheese you eat Ľ a cup and that equals 35 calories so we are counting calories but how do we know how many carbs we should have or is it if we stick to the calories the carbs will just automatically fall in line with an accepted level?

I too had a headache but it wasn’t too bad which I was glad. Tomorrow I have a big interview here at work and I’m hoping I still feel good. The one thing I am so happy about is all my energy I have been trying to clean out the basement for awhile and I worked for hours on it Sat. and Sun. I really hope we see a nice # for the first weigh in. How are you doing so far?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

I am feeling SO much better today! Like someone flipped a switch!
I just spent 3 hours doing yard work . I had to come in and make myself eat!

I am in ketosus this morning. Yea!

I have zero cravings today ( but the day is young).

I think if we eat on program this first week that our carbs will fall in the
6-10 range. Think I read that here somewhere. I have eaten 1/4-1/2 cup cottage cheese.
The brand I have is 80 cals 6 carbs. I saved that "meal" for afternoons when my headache was really bad. Perked me right up!!

I too think I am consuming a lot of sodium in the things I eat, but once we can "make recipes" of things I will be able to switch to less processed stuff.

The chicken broth and jello were my best friends day 3-4 since I was starving!

Know we shouldn't weigh at home but I did and I am down 4.5. That is incredible
For my stubborn body!!

Hang in there! It WILL get better! Lisa
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I never saw a doctor either. A technician did my EKG, shots etc and then a
Nurse practitioner explained everything and did a physical.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, I never saw a doctor either. A technician did my EKG, shots etc and then a
Nurse practitioner explained everything and did a physical.
I can't believe you too, jello and no sodium chicken broth that's with every meal almost. I am feeling really good too no headache today but I only really had one on Sunday my second day on plan. I didn't weigh myself because I have a really old scale and don't think it works well at all so since it's been almost 4 full days I don't want to get on and either get so happy or maybe really sad. I'm going to wait till Saturday morning. I am going to use the stips tomorrow morning and see if I too am in ketosis. Glad you are feeling better today, I almost think I would want to do this again for another week, but I guess I'll feel different by Saturday. If you keep up the way it seems you could do at least 8-10 lbs by Saturday.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #536
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thompsej
Hello Everyone!
I am new to Medi Weightloss and have really found all of your stories very inspiring and helpful. I am almost done with my first week. I go in on Thursday for a followup appointment and weigh in. I am a little nervous because I went over on my calorie count on some of the days in the past week but am in ketosis. I also have been trying to drink a lot of water but still don't feel like i'm getting enough.....week 1 was HARD! any tips on how to move forward to week 2?
thompsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I am onto Day 2. Lost 40 pounds the first time through Medi (almost 2 years ago) and I've gained about 10 lbs back so I'm getting myself in check doing week 1. I'm on day 2 now. OH it is tough. lol But it feels so good to get back in control. My body already feels different and less puffy after just one day. I was holding a ton of water weight! I am so excited for all of you just beginning. After being on every diet imaginable for the majority of my life, I have to say the Medi is the absolute best weight loss program around.

Thompsej - week 2 is easier but you don't lose as much so be mentally prepared for that. Week 3 most people lose even less. I know I was discouraged paying $70 and only seeing a slight loss but I made up for it in the following weeks.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quick question because I can't remember. Week 1, you don't go over 500 calories, correct? Or is it 500-600? I can't find my journals from those first weeks. I kinda messed up by having a higher calorie breakfast. 210 calories and 7 carbs - leaves me 280 for the day.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Quick question because I can't remember. Week 1, you don't go over 500 calories, correct? Or is it 500-600? I can't find my journals from those first weeks. I kinda messed up by having a higher calorie breakfast. 210 calories and 7 carbs - leaves me 280 for the day.
Hi, I started last Saturday and they told me to do 500 calories but not to worry if I went to 550 - 600, so I guess it's okay. Since I have so much to lose I'm trying to stick to 500 which if find I'm barely getting to 500 which I thought would never happen but I am glad. I was also concerned about carbs and they told me if I stick to the calorie intake suggested the carbs amount would just fall into place. I have not been counting carbs. hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I was told to have 500-700 calories a day. And for carbs I think week 1 they told me around 10 or less and after week 1 I'm allowed up to 30 carbs a day. Hope that helps!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote