Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lolli
Stats: 137/124.4/107
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 10/31/11
Hi! Im Lolli! Sooooo.....
I am in my second week of medi. My first week was awesome!!! I lost 9.4 pounds! I was amazed! Im freaking out though because last night I cheated bad!! I ate a bunch of left over halloween candy. I am now up 2 pounds. : ( Today I did 50 minutes on the eliptical and follwed the plan like I had been doing. I have kicked myself out of ketosis. Im so embarassed by this whole thing. And on top of it I got my period today. Do yall think theres any chance the weight I gained will be gone by tomorrow? I just hope I have a chance to loose something this week. I have learned a big lesson here. Cheating is NOT worth it!!!
Thanks,
Lolli
lolli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake, put your slip-up behind you, that was yesterday and you can't do anything about it but commit to the plan. One slip-up isn't the end of the world, it will work!! Good luck and keep posting here.
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #303
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lolli
Stats: 137/124.4/107
Start Date: 10/31/11
Thanks!!! So far I have shreded 1 of the 2 pounds. So I should be back where I was by tomorrow. I love this program so much! Its a Godsend!

Another question........how long do they let you take the prescription appetite suppresents?
lolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
Start Date: August 30 2011
I "guess" as long as you are on the program? I get 21 every week and bet I have taken maybe 20 total in the 10 weeks I've been on the program. I do think one could become dependent on the medication so try to only take it when you think hunger pangs will be strong and not 3x a day as they suggest. However, you should discuss this with your clinic as they may have a different opinion
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
Weigh-in after my first week was today.
I lost 9.5 lbs. !!

Makes you kinda paranoid about adding in veggies or 1 veg. and 1 fruit.
or
I can have 1 veg. and 1 snack......but doing that daily isn't a good idea.

Starting some kind of exercise this week.

Husband, J., isn't on a diet and I'm surrounded by stuff I'm not eating.
So far it doesn't bother me.
I don't expect him to do without just because it isn't something I eat.

I know it's early but I feel like I'm on a mission and have a much better mindset toward staying focused on weight loss than I've had in a long time.

Is anyone keeping a journal (not for food) for their weightloss to unload in when you're stressed out, etc. ?.... and also to write anything that's helpful in it to stay motivated ?

I found MWL just looking thru a local news site online and saw their banner.
I'd never heard of them before, but I'm glad I started this.

First I did a lot of research for 2 days on MWL and, among other things, found this interview with the founder, Ed Kaloust:
I thought it was interesting.
Entrepreneur lured out of retirement to start medical-based weight-loss clinics - St. Petersburg Times

edit:
I uploaded an avatar image to my profile and it shows up at my profile page, but doesn't appear with my posts. I know it isn't too big, so I don't know what the problem is.
Can anyone help with that ?
Also I'm a tech-******......so that doesn't help.

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 11-10-2011 at 12:57 PM..
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kitten1974
Start Date: 7/27/11
Hi there...I have been doing MWL since the end of July and have lost 33 pounds so far and am extremely happy with this. I was just curious...when does the "maintenance" phase start...is it when you hit your goal weight?
Kitten1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Congratulations on your weight loss! And yes, maintenance starts when you hit goal.
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mzthang581
Stats: 206.4/183.6/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 14,2011
Hi everyone!

I have been reading all your posts this week for support. I am in week 1 day 5. I was doing so well until yesterday and I had half a slice of bread. I cant help but beat myself up about it! I have 50lbs to lose and I feel horrible that I messed up yesterday. I weigh in on MOnday and I am so nervous. Fortunately I was still in ketosis this morning by the grace of God!

I find all your posts so inspiring and I just need an outlet to vent! Thx for listening
mzthang581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

MZthang....don't worry, just keep going! You will love the results!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #310
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VannishingGrl
Stats: 230
Start Date: Jan. 10, 2014
Hi Everyone. I'm Sharon from Massachusetts. I have been a voyeur on here for about a week getting lots of great info while I waited for my first apt. I'm very excited I'm 42 and have a good 60 lbs to loose. I always battled with it but since a recent hysterectomy its out of control. I swear I could feel my face getting fatter..lol So I'm on my second day and working on filling out the journal, but I'm not sure how to put in a protein shake? Am I using the true calorie count for the Kcal? Thanks for your help, you are all an inspiration!
VannishingGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Just count it all as protein if its a high protein/low carb shake. Should be REALLY low carb if you are in week one. Good luck and welcome!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!

hey guys I am starting this week. I have always been a 0-2 and 125 lbs. I quit smoking and gained up to 145 (today) and I restarted and never lost...so now I am a "heavy" heavy smoker. I need to quit but I do NOT have the self-control I guess to kick the carbs and sugar without some kind of appetite suppressant. I do NOT want to gain on top of the original gain. My BF is a HUGE carboholic and I need to have something to help me say no. Sad but true.
Anyway...may I join you for some support?
1/1/12-137
1/4/12-135
1/14/12-132
1/16/12-131
1/26/12-129!!!( have not been here in 5 years!)
2/2/12-127!!!
2/14/12-124.5!!!!
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Hi everyone
I'd like a place to check into as well. I am doing Medifast (not Medi-weightloss), since there isn't a Medi in my area, but I think the plans are similar. I started on Dec 6 and have lost about 6 pounds so far.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi everyone
I'd like a place to check into as well. I am doing Medifast (not Medi-weightloss), since there isn't a Medi in my area, but I think the plans are similar. I started on Dec 6 and have lost about 6 pounds so far.
hey there Just wondering if you lost your intial weight with Atkins. I did atkins in 2001 and lost exactly what I want to lose now. I did it but I was going through a divorce and I think that makes everyone lose Anyway...can get on the LC wagon for longer than a day or two so I am hoping the AS will help me and I can lose 20 in a 2 or 3 months
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DiniRN
Stats: 236.2/222.5/160
Start Date: 12/16/2011
Hi all! I'm new here, on Week 1 Day 3 and woke up today feeling terrible! I'm light headed and weak and have chills...kinda like I feel when I have a fever. I drank lots of water yesterday, including some chicken broth. I am not a big caffeine drinker so that isn't the problem. I'm assuming this is pretty normal right? I don't believe those people who say they felt great the whole first week lol. The lady at my clinic did tell me that it'd be about day 3 that a headache may start and I might start to feel kinda bad, and just to increase my water intake and make sure i replace my electrolytes. So that's the plan today.

I am excited about this WOE, but nervous too because I've always felt ketosis is not really safe, but the Dr. reassured me that I'm young, and healthy so I should be fine but I'm still nervous about it.

I recently got engaged, actually on Day 1, Dec 16th, and it was a total surprise. I was thinking he might do it on Christmas and he woke me up before I had to be at work (I work nights) and asked me in bed the big dork! I'm not doing this because of a wedding although it will help! DF and I have been TTC for about 15 mo now and no success and my mom struggled for nearly 20 years before she got pregnant with me, did the fertility treatments and no luck, then lost 75lbs and accidently got pregnant while in the process of adoption. So I know that the weight loss will help us get pregnant, and I want to be healthy for my kids someday. The engagement does give me extra motivation! I'm so glad I found this forum for support.
DiniRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim in Fla*working View Post
hey there Just wondering if you lost your intial weight with Atkins. I did atkins in 2001 and lost exactly what I want to lose now. I did it but I was going through a divorce and I think that makes everyone lose Anyway...can get on the LC wagon for longer than a day or two so I am hoping the AS will help me and I can lose 20 in a 2 or 3 months
I did lose most of my weight while eating mostly very low carb. It was working well and my weight was in the 120's last year at this time,but suddenly my binging spiraled out of control and I gained back up to the high 140's. I just can't seem to stick to low carb more than a week or two before I either overeat or go into binge mode and gain back everything I had previously lost. Oddly, I feel more satiated with the medi plan as I eat more food overall in volume while still keeping the cals down. Since I don't have a lot to lose they started me at a higher level of regular food vs. the medi meals so I am still only eating about 50 carbs a day. I was also given a pretty good deal on the program cost since I will only do the program fairly short term. They didn't offer an AS to me.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #317

wow...i think i need one. I hope I get an AS
Old 12-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim in Fla*working View Post
wow...i think i need one. I hope I get an AS
You're doing Medi-weight loss not Medifast right? Medifast doesn't to my knowledge use the AS.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #319

yes, Mediweight loss
I am very pleased with how I feel today and I have only eaten 110 cals. Might have to make myself have an egg or two. bought PAM for the first time in my life LOL....
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow that is a lot stricter than my plan! Hope you get great results! I know what you mean about buying lowfat stuff ewww. I am looking forward to eating higher fat once I reach goal.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Wow that is a lot stricter than my plan! Hope you get great results! I know what you mean about buying lowfat stuff ewww. I am looking forward to eating higher fat once I reach goal.
me too! missing my daily heavy whipping cream.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Today was my first week weigh in, I lost 8.8lbs!!

Now to start adding in the veggies etc. I'm nervous about that but so happy because I was getting sick at the sight of lunch meat and chicken. I overindulged...well not really, but felt like it tonight at dinner. I had a 6oz sirloin steak, small salad and a few stalks of steamed broccoli. It was so good!

I really am afraid of adding things in because I don't want to throw myself out of ketosis or stop losing. Did anyone elses clinic give them a carb limit? Mine said less than 30 a day, including veggies/fruit if at all possible, and encouraged snacking on a "good fat" once a day if it isn't included in your normal meals. They also said the low carb/high protein shakes and bars are good snacks or meal replacements, which I need because I'm always on the run, and I'm working on the whole preparation thing. I'm struggling at what to eat and don't want to get bored.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mzthang581
Stats: 206.4/183.6/160
Start Date: November 14,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiniRN View Post
Today was my first week weigh in, I lost 8.8lbs!!

Now to start adding in the veggies etc. I'm nervous about that but so happy because I was getting sick at the sight of lunch meat and chicken. I overindulged...well not really, but felt like it tonight at dinner. I had a 6oz sirloin steak, small salad and a few stalks of steamed broccoli. It was so good!

I really am afraid of adding things in because I don't want to throw myself out of ketosis or stop losing. Did anyone elses clinic give them a carb limit? Mine said less than 30 a day, including veggies/fruit if at all possible, and encouraged snacking on a "good fat" once a day if it isn't included in your normal meals. They also said the low carb/high protein shakes and bars are good snacks or meal replacements, which I need because I'm always on the run, and I'm working on the whole preparation thing. I'm struggling at what to eat and don't want to get bored.
I was told at my clinic to have between 16-25 NET carbs a day. They explained some people can have 25 and stay in ketosis and some people can only have 16. I know every clinic is a little bit different but I hope that helps. I typically dont eat more than 20 net carbs a day and I havent had a problem staying in ketosis. I am only on week 6 though so maybe some of the more experienced medi folks can chime in
mzthang581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: craze4life08
Stats: 250/250/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 12/12/11
So week two you can add in 15g of carbs?!
I'm looking forward to that..

I can't seem to find the beef jerkey that has no carbs.. any ideas?

Also, does anyone have a list of how to handle restaurants. My 2nd week I'll be in Atlanta, so I'm really worried about what to eat. Any advice?
craze4life08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #325
Junior LCF Member

My clinic told me a total of 30g Net carbs but...I've stayed less than 12 this week so far, just to scared to eat fruit yet. I figure I'll add them slowly. I've actually been eating out more often than usual, and I always manage to find something, usually a lean steak, grilled chicken, broccoli, and salad without croutons or tomato, and easy on the cheese. If you like fish that's even easier!

I'm not much of a cook, so I'm already getting bored and struggling because when I'm not working (i work 12's at night) I tend to be on the go a lot, my DF doesn't like to stay home when he's not working. I really need some easy things, especially crock pot things...any ideas?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cynder
Stats: 184/176/171/164/160/151/147/goal 150
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 12/29/11
I'm in day 2 of week 1. I feel great in the AM but start to fade around . I have been drinking broth and have replaced my electrolytes. I'm trying to wait as long as possible to have dinner..

My question is do you all eat three meals a day with decent amounts of protein or have more meals with smaller portions?
Cynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cynder
Stats: 184/176/171/164/160/151/147/goal 150
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 12/29/11
First 5 days

I made it through my first five days. Days 1 and 2 were tough. I had a new years day party at my house and was able to stay on plan. That was a major accomplishment. I am excited to get weighed Thursday to see how much I have lost. I can definitely feel a difference in the size of my stomach area. I would love to lose 10 lbs the first week, but I think that is a little unrealistic so I think I'll be happy with 6... I think that is doable.
Cynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fd1019
Stats: 5'8" 165.6/151.8/135
Start Date: 12/28/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
I made it through my first five days. Days 1 and 2 were tough. I had a new years day party at my house and was able to stay on plan. That was a major accomplishment. I am excited to get weighed Thursday to see how much I have lost. I can definitely feel a difference in the size of my stomach area. I would love to lose 10 lbs the first week, but I think that is a little unrealistic so I think I'll be happy with 6... I think that is doable.
Congrats on staying strong through the NYE party! Today is Day 7 of week 1 for me so I am not too far ahead of you... I weigh in tomorrow and am excited as well! The last couple of days were definitely a little tougher for me because I was feeling a bit weak/ tired, so I'm hoping that will fade. I am soooo looking forward to eating vegetables tomorrow! haha!
fd1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kierwin
Stats: 148.6/146.6/128
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: January 3, 2012
Stay Slim

I'm into Day 2 of Medi. I can't take the RX appetite suppressant so I'm taking Stay Slim - pretty hungry. Is it possible to succeed without the RX AS? Thanks!
Kierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Kierwin,

I didn't take the RX and I lost 60 pounds. I started Medi 12/27/2011 and was very successful. I went off plan in May because I thought I needed a break from the diet. I never reached my goal weight so I started back 1/1/2012. Once you get into ketosis you won't be hungry at all. Hang in ther you can do it.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote