Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Phendimetrazine vs Phentermine? HELP (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/716241-phendimetrazine-vs-phentermine-help.html)

ppipsb 04-03-2011 11:56 AM

Phendimetrazine vs Phentermine? HELP

Hello. I am new to this blog and have been on Medi Weightloss for almost 4 weeks now and have been doing really well, but the AS (Phendi) that I am on, just don't seem to be working anymore. I feel hungry all of the time.

My question is...does any opt to take the phentermine instead? My office offers either or. The difference being that you only take phentermine once a day and Phendi is 3 times a day. I have taken Phentermine in the past and if it is the REAL phentermine, it gives you soooo much energy and I was never hungry on it. But I have been prescribed Phentarmine in the past and that didn't work at all because it isn't the real Phentermine.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Has anyone taken the phentermine instead and if so, how did it work out for you? I am thinking of asking them to switch for a week or so to see if they work better.

Thank you
Philippa

ravenrose 04-03-2011 02:31 PM

if it's a prescription drug and you get it from a pharmacy, it can't be fake, right? not in the US.

dragonflys 04-03-2011 02:57 PM

Hi Philippa,

I had that problem with the Phentermine. I started taking it later in the day (around 2-3pm) , which my clinic didnt like at all. But that is what works for me. I can be good all day at work with the low calorie, low carb foods but when I get home at night, it is really rough! I have two kiddo's who have really yummy snacks!

My clinic says that if I want to change to something else, I can. You should definately ask your clinic. They should work with you.

lins 04-03-2011 03:46 PM

I've taken both. I took the 1 a day at the beginning and then switched to the 3 a day so that I could wean myself off of it. Took 3 at first, then 2 and then down to 1 before I went off of it compltely. I liked both of them the same. One didn't make me feel any different then the other.

ForHisGlory 04-07-2011 06:11 AM

I agree with Dragonfly. I took the one a day and found that it helps to take it later in the day so that it works all the way until bed time. The reason the clinic doesnt like that is because they are afraid that you will be up all night. Tired people dont do well on diets. Now when I was taking them in the am I too found that I was starving at night , so rather than taking it later in the day my clinic gives me 1 1/2 pills a day. I take one in the am and the other half around 2 pm. So far so good.

GooeyMochi 07-31-2011 09:20 AM

I went to a clinic last year and they recommend taking the phentermine before 3 to prevent staying up at night. Personally phendi doesn't do anything for me. Phentermine works way better. I take 1 in the morning with another pill, then another one before 3, then a different one at dinner to prevent craving.