Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations Rachel!! That's an awesome testimonial! Have you decided what foods you'll not eat again...your red flag foods? I truly need to stick with my red flag list when I get to goal again....to much trigger to get back to the old way of coping if I go with those foods. What are yours and how what are you substituting those urges with instead in a medi-safe style? That would be a good discussion topic here!

Hey Mary! I'm concerned about your knee complaints. Have you had your knees xrayed? I wonder how worn down your cartilage is? Just a thought. I know you're a nurse and we've always done a lot of standing and lifting in this profession. I love being outdoors too and I'm kinda nervous to restart my jogging in a week because intermittently I've been having weird pain in my left knee. Previously, due to an injury 1 1/2 yrs ago, I had a partial tear of the MCL of my right knee so I don't know what's happening with my left! My mom has had both of her knees replaced, and dad had one replaced. Don't want to think about that being a necessity in my future, especially since I only began jogging a year ago and like it!! But, we gotta take care of ourselves. Hope you get it checked out.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Congratulations Rachel!! That's an awesome testimonial! Have you decided what foods you'll not eat again...your red flag foods? I truly need to stick with my red flag list when I get to goal again....to much trigger to get back to the old way of coping if I go with those foods. What are yours and how what are you substituting those urges with instead in a medi-safe style? That would be a good discussion topic here!

Hey Mary! I'm concerned about your knee complaints. Have you had your knees xrayed? I wonder how worn down your cartilage is? Just a thought. I know you're a nurse and we've always done a lot of standing and lifting in this profession. I love being outdoors too and I'm kinda nervous to restart my jogging in a week because intermittently I've been having weird pain in my left knee. Previously, due to an injury 1 1/2 yrs ago, I had a partial tear of the MCL of my right knee so I don't know what's happening with my left! My mom has had both of her knees replaced, and dad had one replaced. Don't want to think about that being a necessity in my future, especially since I only began jogging a year ago and like it!! But, we gotta take care of ourselves. Hope you get it checked out.
I'm POSITIVE this is muscular, NOT bone, or joint. I had x-rays done a while back, and they were OK, and I've NEVER done anything (exercise) to damage my knees......that's one of the reasons I was 100 pounds overweight :blush: Anyway the weird pain/discomfort I've been having shifts from place to place, and really feels like a "charley horse" at times.

After I wrote my first post this morning I had a L-O-N-G talk with myself, and decided to at least TRY the C25K week 3 day 1 workout. I did the 5 min. warmup then started to run/jog but kept having the LITTLE discomfort in my right knee, so stopped running with about 15 seconds left in the first 90second run.....I paused the program, and kept walking, and OF COURSE I thought about turning back.......BUT (and this is a HUGE deal for me).....I kept walking after a couple minutes and more talking to myself, I decided to start the program again.......THIS time I DID IT....ALL of it . My knee didn't feel perfect, but I DID! Who knew I could run/jog for 3 minutes! I didn't quit run 90 seconds, walk, run 3 minutes, walk, run 90 sec, walk, run 3 minutes

I may never be a REAL runner and that's OK, but I want to break my quitting habit, and realize I can do whatever I set my mind to!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
I have lost 10 pounds so far. I am so happy!!! and the best part is, I am putting thought into everything that I eat. I thought it would be hard, but so far I am enjoying this. i am definitly eating healthier!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla1960 View Post
I have lost 10 pounds so far. I am so happy!!! and the best part is, I am putting thought into everything that I eat. I thought it would be hard, but so far I am enjoying this. i am definitly eating healthier!
WTG
Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Rachel- I was wondering how many calories are you allowed daily? I was looking at your food diary and wasn't able to tell.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hiya All....

Good to see y'all doing well with losses and helping each other!!

In response to those getting their periods for the first time in months-years, just a reminder that you are losing FAT!!!

Fat is a storage area for hormones. You break down the fat, you release those hormones!!!! They can cause anything from moodiness,bleeding, to water retention

My poor hubby put up with me being all over the map with my emotions :blush:
However, once the excess fat is gone, all should settle down!!!

I went to a seminar today (I'm also an RN) titled Better Brains Better Bodies.
I learned a lot about what excess weight does to the body....was scary

I also learned that they evaluated a lot of different diets and found that the low carb one works best

So we're all on the best diet AND MWL is the best choice for us!!!!!

cindy
If you ever feel inclined, I would love to hear more about what you learned in this seminar you went to - find it very intriguing..
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
After being sick all weekend I finally feel better, but my eating is a little nuts (not horrible, but more carbs than I need). So I am back on week 1 eating starting tomorrow morning, and staying on it until I get back in to ketosis. It's going to suck. I'm kind of dreading it.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
After being sick all weekend I finally feel better, but my eating is a little nuts (not horrible, but more carbs than I need). So I am back on week 1 eating starting tomorrow morning, and staying on it until I get back in to ketosis. It's going to suck. I'm kind of dreading it.
I know what you mean...I'm going to do week one for a bit myself. First time today in 10 weeks I appear to be out of ketosis. I've still lost weight, but that stupid ketosis stick says I'm out. Don't quite know what to make of it. I don't know if I'll do a total week one--I've got to have a salad at least, but I've been chomping on too many almonds lately! Just gotta get back to basics. I kind of wondered how exercise affects ketosis??? I've been doing a lot of walking--every day--and I wondered if that would do anything to my ketosis levels? I would think it would raise them, not lower them, but I still wondered. Also, I've eaten two pieces of fruit instead of one each day, along with the veggies (in a salad). So perhaps that extra piece of fruit did it. Sigh...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Exercise does effect ketosis. Because the exercise "burns up" the ketones making you appear to be out of ketosis even though you are still very much in. When I was training for my half marathon on running 10-20 miles a week the clinic had me stop testing for ketosis, and said that as long as I was seeing fat loss each week not to worry about it.

I am not running nearly as much now. I aim for 10 miles a week. I notice that the morning after my running I may or may not test in ketosis, but by the next day I am always back in. However I have eaten way more carbs (I am in transition), and my weigh loss has slowed weight down the past 3 weeks so I am trying to jump start it so I can lose those final 5-10lbs.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

I have noticed today how mental weight loss really is. For back ground I am kind of in a transition phase. My clinic allows me to eat more carbs because I am at the end of my goal. I actually reached my goal weight, but have decided to go lower. And because I have been here before and ended up gaining weight back, they are really working with me on a better maintance plan. But for the past 3 weeks my weight loss has pretty much stalled, so I am doing week one eating this week.

So back to the mental side. I am back on week one, and I know because of the amount of carbs (although healthy), I am going to detox off of them a bit this week. So day one and I am already "feeling" those detox feelings. Headache, upset tummy, super tired....etc. But I know that it really isn't happening yet, it's just my fear of it happening. I mean really it's only been about 12 hours since I've had carbs, there is no way that my body is already freaking out......lol So prayers that I make it through this week without too much frustrations, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Lins, I am in week one again too! and i feel your pain!! I don't know why it is so much harder this time around for me- I think you are right, it's a mental thing.

Mary, do you think this could be your illiotibial band? It is a common complaint among runners. It is a muscle that runs from your hip across your leg to your inner knee area. I had it and thought for sure I had something wrong with my knees. Orthopedic surgeon said no it was ITBS. There are lots of stretches you can do for it- you can google itbs and lots of stuff will come up, see if those are your symptoms.

Rachel, I can't do zumba either! But then I am one of those people that have to go to the back of an aerobics class in case I hurt someone LOL!
Have you tried spinning? I LOVE IT!! And congrats on the 30lbs!! And just think of all those calories burned dancing!!

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 04-18-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
I think I can post this, it is not a link to sell anything, just info on itbs

Iliotibial band syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Mary, do you think this could be your illiotibial band? It is a common complaint among runners. It is a muscle that runs from your hip across your leg to your inner knee area. I had it and thought for sure I had something wrong with my knees. Orthopedic surgeon said no it was ITBS. There are lots of stretches you can do for it- you can google itbs and lots of stuff will come up, see if those are your symptoms.
Trish, I'm SURE the IT Band IS a part of the problem.....Thanks for the link! I have just "liked" the C25K site on FaceBook, and have been reading MANY of the links to articles that they post. One was about remaining injury free, and the author said to NOT stretch your muscles if they are tight etc etc. OF COURSE that's just what I have been doing......so after I was able to complete W3 D1 of C25K on Saturday my knee was feeling much better......yesterday I did GENTLY stretch a tiny bit, and today I was able to complete my workout again (W3 D2) Here is the link
How to Run Injury-Free | Active.com

I think I can NOW see where a lot of my aches and pains I've had over the years were ACTUALLY my body complaining because I was getting more and more out of shape......so that every tiny activity "hurt". I remember years ago that as we "strolled" through a mall, my legs felt fine, but IF I tried to go up or down steps, the first few steps KILLED my outer hip area (IT Band??) once I'd gone a few steps up (or down) then I was OK.........kind of like how it was if I sat for a long time (like at a movie) then stood to leave I USED to have to just stand there for a few moments before I could walk without pain.............NO MORE!!

When I see heavy people "limping" along....obviously having pain, and struggling to move, and NOT feeling good about themselves, I REALLY want to go up to them and tell them about Medi!.....Of course I don't, but I know how they are suffering, and how they don't want to feel, or look like they do, but just don't know, or believe that they CAN change it.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Exercise does effect ketosis. Because the exercise "burns up" the ketones making you appear to be out of ketosis even though you are still very much in. When I was training for my half marathon on running 10-20 miles a week the clinic had me stop testing for ketosis, and said that as long as I was seeing fat loss each week not to worry about it.

I am not running nearly as much now. I aim for 10 miles a week. I notice that the morning after my running I may or may not test in ketosis, but by the next day I am always back in. However I have eaten way more carbs (I am in transition), and my weigh loss has slowed weight down the past 3 weeks so I am trying to jump start it so I can lose those final 5-10lbs.
This is great information! Thanks!!! I am not a runner, but I do walk a lot and have really been trying to push my distance and speed a bit. So I hope you're right that the exercise has had some effect on my levels. I'm doing week one today so we'll see what happens tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

How awesome!!! I have a surprise for all of you!!! A week ago today I started week ONE again.......got on the scales this AM at home and I have LOST 10 lbs in 7 days!! I measured and lost lots of inches too. I'm back into a pair of size 8 jeans. (Cannot ignore the muffin top over it though! )

I've been in ketosis since day three. No time yet for exercise. Have 4 days left of class.

Gotta tell you something that has been wonderful to me. I found Extra "dessert delights" sugarfree gum at Sam's Club and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mint Chocolate Chip flavored gum. The flavor lasts for hours, I'm telling you I've had flavor for 8 to 10 hours! 5 calories/2 carbs per slice. Really keeps my mind off food. Of course, I'm doing the 500-600 or so calories daily too, and working on killer grad school reports.....

I had totally stressed out will all that has been going on school-wise and workwise, homework, no time to exercise, no time for ME....and I'd put on about 15 lbs just in the past 3 months so that last Monday I was up to 164 lbs!!!!

So, stick with your week one plans....it may not be as dramatic as mine was, but this is the WOE that works. Plan this summer is to figure out maintenance!!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
Start Date: 4/11/2011
My Goal for April is to end the month weighing in at 180. That would be a 25 pound weight loss (this time around on Medi). I don't know how to act at 180 pounds, they will have to beg me to keep clothes on! lol
Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
How awesome!!! I have a surprise for all of you!!! A week ago today I started week ONE again.......got on the scales this AM at home and I have LOST 10 lbs in 7 days!! I measured and lost lots of inches too. I'm back into a pair of size 8 jeans. (Cannot ignore the muffin top over it though! )

I've been in ketosis since day three. No time yet for exercise. Have 4 days left of class.

Gotta tell you something that has been wonderful to me. I found Extra "dessert delights" sugarfree gum at Sam's Club and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mint Chocolate Chip flavored gum. The flavor lasts for hours, I'm telling you I've had flavor for 8 to 10 hours! 5 calories/2 carbs per slice. Really keeps my mind off food. Of course, I'm doing the 500-600 or so calories daily too, and working on killer grad school reports.....

I had totally stressed out will all that has been going on school-wise and workwise, homework, no time to exercise, no time for ME....and I'd put on about 15 lbs just in the past 3 months so that last Monday I was up to 164 lbs!!!!

So, stick with your week one plans....it may not be as dramatic as mine was, but this is the WOE that works. Plan this summer is to figure out maintenance!!

I was so happy when this dreadful week one ended but the loss of 8lb outweighted all the negative thoughts that I had. I second Debbie - stick with it, it works! I have 7 lb to go - but they are just stuck.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Irina! It's so awesome how many of us are supporting each other and re-doing week one! I have 14 more pounds to go to reach goal again. I'd be happy with losing about 7 of it by the end of this month or so!! Congrats on your 8 lbs. I know the last 7 will be tougher for me too. I think that's how it was easy to creep up cuz I had been at about 143 for so so long. Gotta figure out what works for ME for maintenance this time! (Without having the Fall holidays smack me in the face like that did last time!)

Last edited by Fit2010; 04-18-2011 at 03:49 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
I know what you mean...I'm going to do week one for a bit myself. First time today in 10 weeks I appear to be out of ketosis. I've still lost weight, but that stupid ketosis stick says I'm out. Don't quite know what to make of it. I don't know if I'll do a total week one--I've got to have a salad at least, but I've been chomping on too many almonds lately! Just gotta get back to basics. I kind of wondered how exercise affects ketosis??? I've been doing a lot of walking--every day--and I wondered if that would do anything to my ketosis levels? I would think it would raise them, not lower them, but I still wondered. Also, I've eaten two pieces of fruit instead of one each day, along with the veggies (in a salad). So perhaps that extra piece of fruit did it. Sigh...
Just a thought.....(YES, I have them once in a very great while) Have you checked to see if your ketosticks are still good? There was a big discussion a while back about the cheapie ones supplied by Medi. Mine "quit working" over night.....and the bottle was still 2/3 full! I bought some from CVS (or Walgreens can't remember which) and was "magically" back in ketosis!

Also have you read THIS thread? Ketosis
Old 04-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I was so happy when this dreadful week one ended but the loss of 8lb outweighted all the negative thoughts that I had. I second Debbie - stick with it, it works! I have 7 lb to go - but they are just stuck.
Irina, and Deb Way to go GREAT job Ladies
Old 04-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

That's awesome ladies!!! When I restarted 6 weeks ago, I lost 8lbs in week one. I would be happy just to get below 134lbs, so I am not expecting big numbers, just a drop in general. I finished day one today, so we shall see.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Rachel- I was wondering how many calories are you allowed daily? I was looking at your food diary and wasn't able to tell.
Kristine, I consume 500-700 calories of protein, and stick within the carb guidelines of less than 40/daily. I try to have 1 fruit or veggie daily, although I am allowed 1 serving of each daily. I don't have a prescribed total calorie limit for the day. But I find sticking to the plan ,I never eat more that 1200-1400 calories a day. Typically, my higher calorie days are on VERY active days. In a nutshell, my cals range from 700-1400 daily. It really depends on how busy I am, how hungry I feel, and where I am eating. I have overcome my fear of eating out, BECAUSE that's not very realistic. Now I have the knowledge to KNOW what is safe for me. If you look at my food diary from Friday to Sunday, keep in mind those are estimates only, because I was eating out Friday @ Alumni event, Saturday @ Brio Tuscan grille, and Sunday @ a Bridal Shower. I have become accustomed with correct portion sizes, so I am doing much better when eating out.
I keep it simple when dining out. I typically choose salmon, trout, filet with a side of asparagus or brocolli, and a side salad with oil and vinegar (NO croutons, NO carrots). I don't feel deprived, and I don't feel like I am eating anything unusual. I try to always keep a protein bar on hand IN CASE, and a bottle of water.
I hope my reply is helpful
Trish, I did think of all the calories burned, like over 1000! Yippy, but I really needed to burn them considering all of the "adult" beverages I enjoyed over the weekend

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 04-18-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
checking in

Hello, all. I am so grateful to hear everyone's stories, from coming back to week one (congrats on all of that weight loss) to stories of grad school to exercise advice. You guys really helped me get over a hump---"just remember that moving backwards won't make you feel better". That just keeps sticking with me. I lost 2 pounds last week, so I am at 22.5 loss since joining 7 weeks ago. Slow and steady progress.

Here is my tip to myself that I am using this week: Feeling hungry? Did you drink your water? Then I'll make myself drink something. Sometimes I still need a snack, but sometimes it is like short-circuiting the emotional tendency to want to eat when anxious or tired or sad...or any emotion. Other times, I am probably dehydrated. Bottom line: it is helping me be more conscious.

Have a fabulous week! Best, LBeetle
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Fit2010;14566891]Congratulations Rachel!! That's an awesome testimonial! Have you decided what foods you'll not eat again...your red flag foods? I truly need to stick with my red flag list when I get to goal again....to much trigger to get back to the old way of coping if I go with those foods. What are yours and how what are you substituting those urges with instead in a medi-safe style? That would be a good discussion topic here![QUOTE]

Deb, being that I am only in week 11, I don't necessarily know what my RED flag foods would be. I will guess that sweets and chips, will need to stay on my DO NOT eat food list for a lifetime, if I hope to achieve successful lifelong weight loss. I think back to when I was eating those foods (not that long ago), and I was addicted. The more I ate, the more I wanted. I don't miss those highs and lows, and the feeling of needing to SLEEP after eating. I really am enjoying the added energy of eating for FUEL not FUN. Not to mention, I am elated to be back in a size 14 in only 10 weeks, after SQUEEZING into 18's on January 1-2011.
I feel a new sense of power, self control, and self-esteem. Cheap salty, sweet, fat-laden, carb -laden food doesn't DICTATE my day now. I don't have to think about what to get from the drive-thru to eat BEFORE I get home, to then have to cook and eat supper. I don't have to FIGHT the desire to eat a chip, or just 1 more, or the ENTIRE bag. I don't have to TORTURE myself over sneaking upstairs to steal a SNICKERS bar from my husband's desk drawer, hoping he won't notice that I already took 2 last week.... I don't have to UNBOTTON my jeans, because I decided to eat an appetizer, and entree, and a desert. I don't have to cry after I binged on an entire bag of cookies, fast food, and a half-gallon of ice cream.
This is humiliating, but I believe in being real. FOOD was controlling me, my thoughts, my actions, my behavior. Now I feel like I am navigating my way, making healthy, energizing, NON-gulity food choices.
I know that I am still in the beginning, and have quite aways to reach my goal, but I am PRAYING that I continue to keep this mindset; and continue to ENJOY the sense of empowerment that MEDI WOE has afforeded me.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 04-18-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
My Goal for April is to end the month weighing in at 180. That would be a 25 pound weight loss (this time around on Medi). I don't know how to act at 180 pounds, they will have to beg me to keep clothes on! lol
FUNNY!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AUTiger
Start Date: Restart 01/2012
Restarting the program

Well, finally ready to start back on the program. I lost 47 lbs in 9 weeks back in 2009. Was able to keep it off until I had a complete hysterectomy. Since March 2010 I have packed on 40 pounds. I am going tomorrow to start my program from square one. Hopefully I will be able to succeed. This weight I have put back on has been VERY disheartening.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
Well, finally ready to start back on the program. I lost 47 lbs in 9 weeks back in 2009. Was able to keep it off until I had a complete hysterectomy. Since March 2010 I have packed on 40 pounds. I am going tomorrow to start my program from square one. Hopefully I will be able to succeed. This weight I have put back on has been VERY disheartening.
Welcome back and good luck! You know how nice it feels to be 40 lb lighter so you will get there. Come here for support. We all know how life sometimes deals us unexpected blows.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
thanks, way to go

Sriveegrl---thank you for "being real", as you say. Your description of the power of food was really powerful. I imagine that many of us read that and thought, "That was me."

AUTiger, sorry about your surgery. Surgery is hard in general but a complete hysterectomy is major in so many ways. You did it before, and you will do it now. Let's see: nine weeks from now will be mid-to-late June. When I think back nine weks ago, seems like yesterday. So June will be here before you know it. I look forward to learning from you, as I am sure you have Medi-knowledge that we all will benefit from. Go, girl.

And a SHOUT OUT TO DEB: your semester is ALMOST done!!! Woo! Hoo! Home stretch...
Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #269
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
This morning I am down a total of 11.25 pounds so this is finally feeling "real"to me! The weight is coming off now that I am using ************, it has been a big help in keeping my calories and carbs down.

My tip is that when I am craving chips for my snack I've been eating hot pork rinds. I didn't think I would like them but they are really tasty,
Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I went for my weigh-in on Saturday and only lost 1 pound. I was so sure that it was going to be a big number because I exercised and stayed below my 800 calories for the whole week. I have been so depressed behind this. This is the first time since starting Medi that I feel defeated. All the old feelings of failure has come back. I’m thinking here I go again another diet that is going to not get me to where I want to be.

Right now I feel that I'm fighting this war with my own body and that frustrates me to no end. I keep asking myself why is it so hard for me to lose this weight? Is it because I want to too badly. I just don't know what to do. I’m just at a lost….
Closed Thread