Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
lbeetle, I look at the time that you posted this and that in itself tells me a lot before I even read your post. Sometimes life can be so overwhelming when we have so many demands on us and we forget all about ourselves. We as women sacrifice so much for others and we are quick to give us on us.

You renew and move forward by reaching back and remembering how great you felt when you lost those 20 pounds. It's not easy but ask yourself how bad do you want this. If the answer is bad then get up brush yourself off and say this is about me and for me and 130 pounds HERE I COME!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
Hello, everybody. I am sorry that I haven't posted in about a week---and I am really sorry to now post and ask for support, after giving very little to others of late. But I really could use some support. On a personal level, I had mentioned early on that I just got something like "partner"---that was great, but it has been grueling, lots and lots of overwork and imbalance. Starting medi was part of my goal to start taking care of myself. I'm just starting week seven now. In the past month, my mom has been placed in an Alzheimer's unit, my dad had a heart attack (her primary caretaker), and my little kiddo has had a trip to the ER for a respiratory problem. And I am so late on filing a report, that I am pulling all-nighter after all-nighter. So, life is overwhelming. But I am sure that what I am experiencing has been experienced by many others, and I am certainly blessed in a billion ways, esp compared to our sisters around the globe. But I wanted to provide some context.

What I need help with is this diet: I am feeling pretty grim and discouraged. I GAINED .5 pounds this week, moving me from 20 pound weight loss to 19.5 pounds. Fat was down, water up a bit. Here is how I am feeling (and I'm not proud of it, and I want to change my thinking):
1. If I can't maintain weight loss during acute phase, how the hell will I ever do it in maintenance?
2. I can't live on this boring program forever! Seven weeks feels like FOREVER right now, and it makes it hard to press on.
3. Forget thinking about maintenance, I will simply NEVER lose the weight to begin with.
4. How do I "stay on the wagon"? I so, so, so, so, so feel like quitting!

But I AM NOT QUITTING. Specific problems, as I see them:
1. Not enough water
2. No exercise
3. Too many almonds this week (salty and high calorie AND I can feel that I am eating them compulsively)
4. Not enough sleep
5. STRESS, ANXIETY, WORRY
6. Weigh-ins that are rushed, with not even a chair for the nurse-person to sit in and talk with me. Now it is just in and out. Saw the major counselor the first week in her office. Now it feels like that was about sales, not about the kind of support I can actually expect. I need to ask for support; I need to seek ways to renew my spirit and energy in this program. In this self-growth that I was feeling.
7. I am not consistently using the diary. (Was using the little paper diary, but found it hard to carry everywhere, and the space way too small for my handwriting. Started using the Livestrong program on my phone. Why can't MEDI get an online program that matches the little calendar? I'd like to be able to track my water, medicines, mood AND my food, but can't find an electronic program to do this...any insights?

Has anyone else experienced that precipice of feeling like quitting? How can I renew and keep moving forward? Sorry to be negative, I just really, really need some support and ideas. Thank you in advance for any thoughts! Best, LBeetle
LBeetle, let me start by congratulating you of gaining just .5 after such excrutiating punches that life gave you. Especially, that fat was down - it looks like you were just dehydrated. So even under such stress you managed not to gain a lot. During my weight loss journey I was under stress a few times and gained upwards to 5 lb at one time and then forced myseld with week on to go down. Yes, maintenance is har, I can attest to that, but you should not think about it now. You need to focus on acute and get where you want to go fist. ONE DAY AT TIME! Now, I also came to the crossroads a couple of months into it that I was about to quit because I wasbored to death. What helped me is that i started using all these recipes from this board and othere, experimenting with my favorite recipes making them Medi-friendly, etc. It helped - I was looking forward to eat something new including desserts. You need to remind yourself all the time why you are doing this and if you quit in no time you will be back to your old self and back to all the bad feeling that you had bad then that made you start Medi. What's the point?
Now you are a smart and intellegent women and yuo perfecty answered your own questions and know exactly why you did not lose. So if you pick yourself up now and follow the diet you will see the scale moving into the right direction next week, I promise.

Now I do share your feeling about the clinic - I got the same service, so I used them for AS and shots but for moral support and infornmation I used this board and many wonderful people here. I also did a lot of inspirational reading like Dr Beck.

For tracking your food intake I recommend using ************ - very convenient and easy to use.

Be strong, this is just a hurdle that you need to overcome - we all had them at one time or another. You will be glad that you did!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
lbeetle...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

I can't imagine the levels of stress you are dealing with, specifically when it comes to worrying about the health of loved ones... Sending good thoughts and hugs your way... Many of us have been exactly where you are and it is indeed beyond stressful and such an anxious time.

I also have a really CRAPPY job situation right now--just a really difficult boss who has sucked the life out of our organization to a point where many people are jumping ship. So, like you, I decided to take care of myself and not let this stupid job kill me. But that doesn't mean it's not HARD AS HELL not to want to just have some caramel corn or a bowl of nachos. It's like I'm fighting ALL THE TIME. At work, and with my own desire for a brownie once in a while! But I keep telling myself that actually, this is the best thing I could do for myself, so I hang in...

But I've also fallen into eating WAY TOO MANY almonds, I think. I don't journal like I should. Don't drink enough water, and I am also BORED STIFF and just want one darn slice of bread or a tall glass of MILK for a change! It's hard thinking that even a healthy piece of whole grain bread or a CARROT is off limits right now! It's BORING, and a CHORE to have to find good alternatives to what I'd much rather eat. It's another job I have to do...Log on, find a recipe that will make yet ANOTHER piece of chicken breast seem appealing. It really can be full time work. But this board makes it tolerable, thank God!!!! And again, it's really what I need to be doing for myself and my family. They need me to be around, and they need me to be healthy. That helps me stay focused.

It's funny that you came here last night to vent... I was feeling the same way last night--totally deprived and wanting a TREAT and to just for once, not have to THINK about what I was eating. I ended up snacking on some almonds and going to bed. And while those are better than a cookie, I probably still ate more than I should have.

My goal for today is to hide the almonds, drink more water, and take a walk. I have to say you should be very proud that you've gotten this far! This is a mountain we're climbing and you have done a great job! Most people--including me--would have just given up with everything you've got going on, but you didn't! That says a lot. Also, I'm going to try the "************" app on my phone that my clinic suggested, since they know I'm lousy at journaling. I have more to lose and probably should lower my goal. But I'm actually looking forward to the maintenance phase, where I have read from great people on this board that we really can be more creative with our food choices and the recipes seem pretty tasty. So let's just get there!!!

Just wanted to say hang in there and please know that we are thinking about you and hope the best for your family.

Last edited by chocolatefan; 04-11-2011 at 06:22 AM..
Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
lbeetle you know what you need to do. You listed them in your post but this is the place to vent to help with your frustrations. Use us that's what were here for. If I have any words of wisdom it's that you need to understand you may not always lose each week I had 3X doing my 5 months that I went up (Thankfully never more that 1 1/2 lbs) and as aggravated as that was I was always following the plan. Twice it was because my weigh in was the day after flying and my NP told me that was normal. The 3rd time I could never find a 'reason' but I just had to accept that.
For me almonds were and are a huge problem. I can't quite understand that the 1 ounce serving isn't the whole jar. Your live sounds overwhelming right now, with a lot of it being beyond your control, so you maybe if you can focus on what you can control, you diet for a few minute at a time it will help.
I work crazy hours too so here are my suggestions to make it work for you:
1. At the beginning of the week I spend about 15min setting up all my medications in to individual bottles one for each day of the week. I line them up next to my coffee pot so I can stick them in my purse on the way out. When I set up my coffee at night for the next day I put the now empty bottle back and if I forgot any of my vitamins I take them then.
2. I drink alot of bottled water so I have a spot in my frig where I keep my current days supply and load up a shoulder cooler with 2-3 bottles for the work day when I leave. This has truly always been easy for me as I use to drink almost non stop diet soda before.
3. Now exercise do you do any yoga or have you done it in the past? I have found this to be the best stress reliever and if you know what your doing you can do it on your schedule. Even if you can close your door to office and do some it will help. If you belong to Netflix they have some instant watch fitness dvd which you can put on your TV or computer if you don't know what your doing.

I also use livestrong and log everything. Over time I have been able to find out what are triggers for me.

Again vent here we have all been through or are still going through this journey. Please take care of YOURSELF now.

Last edited by losing in Ftm; 04-11-2011 at 06:23 AM..
Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Hello, everybody. I am sorry that I haven't posted in about a week---and I am really sorry to now post and ask for support, after giving very little to others of late. But I really could use some support. On a personal level, I had mentioned early on that I just got something like "partner"---that was great, but it has been grueling, lots and lots of overwork and imbalance. Starting medi was part of my goal to start taking care of myself. I'm just starting week seven now. In the past month, my mom has been placed in an Alzheimer's unit, my dad had a heart attack (her primary caretaker), and my little kiddo has had a trip to the ER for a respiratory problem. And I am so late on filing a report, that I am pulling all-nighter after all-nighter. So, life is overwhelming. But I am sure that what I am experiencing has been experienced by many others, and I am certainly blessed in a billion ways, esp compared to our sisters around the globe. But I wanted to provide some context.

What I need help with is this diet: I am feeling pretty grim and discouraged. I GAINED .5 pounds this week, moving me from 20 pound weight loss to 19.5 pounds. Fat was down, water up a bit. Here is how I am feeling (and I'm not proud of it, and I want to change my thinking):
1. If I can't maintain weight loss during acute phase, how the hell will I ever do it in maintenance?
2. I can't live on this boring program forever! Seven weeks feels like FOREVER right now, and it makes it hard to press on.
3. Forget thinking about maintenance, I will simply NEVER lose the weight to begin with.

1. Not enough water
2. No exercise
3. Too many almonds this week (salty and high calorie AND I can feel that I am eating them compulsively)
4. Not enough sleep
6. Weigh-ins that are rushed, with not even a chair for the nurse-person to sit in and talk with me. Now it is just in and out. Saw the major counselor the first week in her office. Now it feels like that was about sales, not about the kind of support I can actually expect. I need to ask for support; I need to seek ways to renew my spirit and energy in this program. In this self-growth that I was feeling.
7. I am not consistently using the diary. (Was using the little paper diary, but found it hard to carry everywhere, and the space way too small for my handwriting. Started using the Livestrong program on my phone. Why can't MEDI get an online program that matches the little calendar? I'd like to be able to track my water, medicines, mood AND my food, but can't find an electronic program to do this...any insights?

Has anyone else experienced that precipice of feeling like quitting? How can I renew and keep moving forward? Sorry to be negative, I just really, really need some support and ideas. Thank you in advance for any thoughts! Best, LBeetle
I'm going to address part of your concerns.....the BIG PICTURE part.....Many of us FORGET that this program was developed for OBESE patients to drop weight quickly, to get their blood work out of the danger zone quickly, and to get them to a less dangerous weight all around. The ACUTE phase is just that, a PHASE.......this is NOT what you'll be expected to do forever! Once you get close to goal, you'll be given a calorie/carb range that is like "normal" people.........will you be able to go back to eating like you used to without regaining all of the weight you lost? NO!!! But why would you want to?

It appears you have a good handle on what you're missing (exercise, water) so that's no mystery. PLEASE don't add more stress to you already stressed life by beating yourself up.......do the best you can do, no one (including yourself) can ask for more In reality you're only up in WATER weight.....you lost fat......that's a big loss especially when you're stressed! If you're a person who prefers paper and pencil to keep track of things, you can keep track of what you're eating and drinking in a small spiral notebook. DH does this.....he uses "hash marks" to keep track of water, and writes his times for his running/walking route. You could keep track of calories that way too.

Hang in there, and come here for the support you feel you're missing from your clinic. Once your life settles a bit, you MAY feel like confronting the NP at your clinic about lack of support, but I'd let that go for now. IMHO

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
So Mary how is the running coming. I am picking up a free treadmill today so I have a back up for the rainy days coming and I keep thinking about starting. I keep gving my self excuses not too but I might just run out of excuses pretty soon.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
So Mary how is the running coming. I am picking up a free treadmill today so I have a back up for the rainy days coming and I keep thinking about starting. I keep gving my self excuses not too but I might just run out of excuses pretty soon.
I'm SO jealous! I REALLY, REALLY want a treadmill again before it gets to blasted HOT! We've been looking for a used one, but most are still too much $$$ I DID buy a new 1 speed (me) bike yesterday at Walmart, so I can change up my workout a bit more

ANY way so far I like the C25K program........but then I'm only on the second week! I did "friend" C25K on facebook, and I get lots of good articles on beginning running dos and don'ts. I've been the Queen of excuses, or quitting when it comes to exercising, and THAT is an ongoing threat to my workouts on a day to day basis! Every day I SEARCH for an excuse/reason (good or not) to NOT do my workout :blush: Even though I've surprised myself each day I've done the program, it's still a struggle to get started! I'm praying that some day I'll just LOVE to work out/run......but that day has NOT arrived.....Yet!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:

1. Not enough water
2. No exercise
4. Not enough sleep

My husband and I have owned our own business for over 17 years. I know stress. I have come to the conclusion that stress itself is a constant in life, with some days being better than others. I have finally come to terms that the better I feel about myself, the better I can cope with all kinds of stress. And, this program makes me feel so much better about myself than chocolate ever did! So, don't beat yourself up so much, that will only add to your stress.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
My husband and I have owned our own business for over 17 years. I know stress. I have come to the conclusion that stress itself is a constant in life, with some days being better than others. I have finally come to terms that the better I feel about myself, the better I can cope with all kinds of stress. And, this program makes me feel so much better about myself than chocolate ever did! So, don't beat yourself up so much, that will only add to your stress.
I agree with you about when you feel better about yourself, you can handle obstacles a lot better. I know that personally because ever since I lost these 42 pounds I'm a much happier person and I exude that and I'm a firm believer that whatever you put out comes back to you. The laws of attraction!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
lbeetle - I just love that everyone is rallying around and giving you the support you need. It is good to be honest, and your need is probably echoed by someone here who is lurking or too afraid to admit that they too are struggling....so reading up on all the reflection you provided and the encouragement others suggested helps them too! That's a lot of stress you've been under, girlfriend! Sometimes my worst enemy is my own critical self talk because I want to have the expectation of doing so, so well and let myself down at times. Would I talk to a friend that way, really? Would I then forcefeed a friend bad unhealthy food to punish her for having made an unhealthy choice when emotional, as a sabotage to her future success? NO! So why do we do this to ourselves? It's an emotional thing for many of us who eat to the point that we were overweight. It's an emotional thing that needs addressed! In ten days (when this current graduate class is over) I plan to focus again on a wonderful book I bought a couple months ago and then set aside for textbooks instead. The book I want to study is "Made to Crave"....I think you can read about it here in the Books and Blogs section. I know you don't have time to read right now, but perhaps you can check out her blog (Lysa Terkhurst, that is, I think I spelled her name correctly).

Currently I just restarted a week one today to get off excess from STRESS I have had going on in the past 5 months after reaching my MWL goal weight. And, again, to echo what so many others have said....we are absolutely blessed to have this website!

Hang in there! Sometimes what helps me is to turn on the radio REALLY loud and sing!!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
I just called to reschedule my appointment and was told I would be charged a $35 cancellation fee since it is inside of the 12 hour window.

Im so over all this nickel and diming. I told her to forget it, to bill me, she wouldnt be seeing my again.

Im so pissed! All the money they get from all of us for each 5 second weigh in visit and they have the gaul to charge! I wasnt even canceling! I was rescheduling!

Ugh. So. I've fired Medi-weightloss clinics for now. Im going to do this on my own. I got you guys for accountability.

Im not taking the appetite suppressant anymore so I dont think this will be an issue and I am sure once I cool-down maybe I will rethink this but for now...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
I just called to reschedule my appointment and was told I would be charged a $35 cancellation fee since it is inside of the 12 hour window.

Im so over all this nickel and diming. I told her to forget it, to bill me, she wouldnt be seeing my again.

Im so pissed! All the money they get from all of us for each 5 second weigh in visit and they have the gaul to charge! I wasnt even canceling! I was rescheduling!

Ugh. So. I've fired Medi-weightloss clinics for now. Im going to do this on my own. I got you guys for accountability.

Im not taking the appetite suppressant anymore so I dont think this will be an issue and I am sure once I cool-down maybe I will rethink this but for now...
Well, that stinks!!!! You know how I feel about going to the clinic for a 5 minute visit and getting charged 70 bucks! I stopped doing it. I won't be back again for awhile, primarily because I don't want to pay when I'm not taking AS. I will try to check in once a month, maybe, with them, but I come here for tips, ideas, recipes, VENTING, support, and accountability. I'm not saying the clinics are worthless, and mine is actually very good and nurturing, but I have a budget that won't allow 300 bucks a month for weigh-ins. Medi got me off my butt and gave me a structured, EFFECTIVE plan to get this weight off and I will forever be grateful for that. I actually am really happy I found them and this board. I'm not saying I'm above this program or that I don't still need help. I do. I'm just too cheap to pay for it right now.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Well, that stinks!!!! You know how I feel about going to the clinic for a 5 minute visit and getting charged 70 bucks! I stopped doing it. I won't be back again for awhile, primarily because I don't want to pay when I'm not taking AS. I will try to check in once a month, maybe, with them, but I come here for tips, ideas, recipes, VENTING, support, and accountability. I'm not saying the clinics are worthless, and mine is actually very good and nurturing, but I have a budget that won't allow 300 bucks a month for weigh-ins. Medi got me off my butt and gave me a structured, EFFECTIVE plan to get this weight off and I will forever be grateful for that. I actually am really happy I found them and this board. I'm not saying I'm above this program or that I don't still need help. I do. I'm just too cheap to pay for it right now.
*touches nose* Exactly. Well said. Couldnt have said it better. We can do this!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - Jillian Michaels
Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kam1814
Stats: 257/233/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 29, 2011
@grfxgrl, I completely understand how you feel. I'm only in week 2 and I can see this eating into the budget. I'm in Charlotte too and go to the clinic at Northlake mall. I get the telephone reminders about the appointments, but I assumed that since it says to call if you can't make it, I thought that meant I had about 12 hrs to do so. It's good to know that I don't.

I wish you all the luck in the world with doing this on your own. Based on your post, it sounds like you'll be successful. Also, if you're anything like me, you may be pushed to do better on your own so you can "stick it to them." The best part of doing it on your own is now you'll have an additional $70 per week to spend on the new skinny clothes wardrobe.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
So cool Jerome!! I think Jillian Michaels is great....strict, but great! The gal who wrote Fat Chance talks about her in her book, you can read my info about Fat Chance in Books and Blogs; the author, Julie Harden (sp?) was a contestant on The Biggest Loser!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
I love that we can put it all out there and we have such support on this board.
I think I wrote this before but when we reduce carbs, it lowers our tolerance levels - not the same 'buffers' are available to us. To me this means we feel everything that much more.
I am on my third week of restart and I have cried more in this time than I did the last five months. I know that this will pass. As will the stalls on the weight loss.
The important thing, as my good friend Jo often said, do or don't do - there is no try (I might be paraphrasing there Jo).
lbeetle - my suggestion it try not to think about the food. Plan your day ahead, and just eat what was in your plan. It removes the choice - and often the frustration.
You will get through this - you feel way better if you stayed on plan when you get there.
Day at a time.
Good wishes to all.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
lbeetle- I really feel for you. When I read your post earlier today and then raced off to get back to my own job- I thought...what would I want to hear? Knowing that many of us on here echo your same thoughts and frustration might be comforting and I too have thought "what's the end of this diet going to look like?" Will I be afraid to eat a potato for the rest of my life?

I can say this...cheating just isn't an option. Of course I say this after making brownies this past weekend for my students and licking the knife as I cut the m into squares. I did take a small piece and put it in my mouth....then promptly spit it out. I kept thinking of those pounds I have finally shed and how awful I would feel to gain it back.

So yeah is it hard to constantly THINK about what I am going to eat- HELL YEAH! at times even stressful. BUT the joy that weight loss is bringing to me and the fact that I might actually get below 200 pounds in THIS LIFETIME....thrills the pants off me...(literally

Hang in there...this too shall pass. The gain was due to stress. Also I was thinking, why not try natural almonds without salt to help with the water retention?
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts- hang in there..

Tricia- You can do this on your own....(I am). Plus you have all the stuff that the clinic gave you,.I am going off of scanned photocopies from my mom's friend's book I will suggest these items though since you won't be getting the fat burners from the clinic. I have read the ingredients list and some of my own research. So you might want to look into getting Cayenne capsules. I also take body prime that I researched and learned about on this podcast (ben greenfield fitness) you can go to his site and scroll to the bottom and see pacific fit. net and order the Prime there. I get the lean factor and thermo factor.
You'll find the ingredients in medi's fat burner is green tea/ginger/chromium .... fat burners usually contain, as their main ingredient, green tea or capsicum (cayenne). You can find each one of these items in other fat burners.

Just wanted to give you some support if you were thinking about going Rogue

Last edited by Kristine29; 04-11-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
grfxgrl - you can do this!! I had to stop going to the clinic because of unforseen money issues. I've been on my own for over a month. It is not easy...but it is possible. Reading the posts on this board help keep me accountable. And my DH helps out too! He is quite proud of my progress. When I started in January I told myself "I can do anything for 6 months"... It's been a little over 3... who knows what the next 3 will bring! So keep your chin up!! You can do it!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Mary- you will actually, at some point, WANT to run more....believe me it will happen. Great job on your 90 second continual. Keep it up! A good podcast that has great beginner tips on stuff like what sneakers to wear, what to wear, what to eat on race day... is marathon training academy.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Mary- you will actually, at some point, WANT to run more....believe me it will happen. Great job on your 90 second continual. Keep it up! A good podcast that has great beginner tips on stuff like what sneakers to wear, what to wear, what to eat on race day... is marathon training academy.
I hope and pray you're right......IF you would have told me a year ago that I would be running more than 5 steps together at one time, I would have laughed in your face! and now I'm able to EASILY walk 7.5 miles at an 18 min/mile pace average.....and that includes going up and over our big causeway bridge 4 times! AND I'm actually training to walk/run a 5K who woulda thunk it? Not me that's for sure! I guess you should Never say Never! I have a quote by Henry Ford posted on my computer: Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you are right! I know I'm my own worst enemy!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

You guys!

Thank you for all the support! I really and truly love this forum and this is exactly why

Kristen! I will definitely look into those options for replacing the fat burners! Thank you so much for the info!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
‎1 year ago today I decided to make my health a priority and joined Medi. So in the last year I've lost 43lbs, dropped 5 dress sizes, trained for and ran a half marathon, and kicked my "regular" soda addiction. I am now at a healthy weight, I run 2-3 times a week and I've never felt better!
Lins - that is amazing! What awesome words you are able to type all because you put your mind to it and did it!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

LosinginFtm and Kristine after reading and posting here yesterday I decided to do Wk2, day 2 of C25K....I WAS thinking of only doing this every other day, but decided to go ahead and do it then! I'm REALLY glad I did! I'm as excited as I can be......which is still questionable at this point.....about moving forward. I don't think I'll do day 3 until tomorrow, but my knees feel the best today that they have felt in a while, so maybe that means my body is adjusting ANYWAY thanks for your support, it got me "excited"???? yesterday!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
I sure wish they would have mentioned or used parts of our tape where we had mentioned Medi-Weightloss Clinics but it didn't happen...

Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - Jillian Michaels' Fan Surprise
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I sure wish they would have mentioned or used parts of our tape where we had mentioned Medi-Weightloss Clinics but it didn't happen...

Well that stinks!!! So sorry to hear that! :hugs :Medi really should be given its nod. This is a powerful and successful diet. This bums me out
Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Kool!

Quote:

That is a BUMMER that MEDI wasn't given their due props, but we all know that you do a lot to advocate for MEDI. You and your wife's story is so inspiring, and really encourages me to know that I can reach my goal through perserverance!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Hi Everybody ~ I've been a lurker for awhile, just haven't been writing much since I was a little down about not being able to find a job. I love keeping up with everyone's progress here and lean on your words of wisdom daily. The GOOD NEWS is that today I was offered and accepted a position that I interviewed for last week and really really wanted!! It doesn't pay much, but hey.... it's more than I make now.
Unfortunately, as of this morning I've picked up 3 pounds & I'm not happy about that. I've been exercising more with my "extra time," but maybe not drinking enough water, or maybe it's partly the stress, as I've heard some of you mention here. I'm drowning myself in water today and am determined to get those 3 pounds OFF!! I'm scheduled for my metabolic test at Medi this Thursday, along with bloodwork, etc... as I'm to move into Wellness. I know this is a good thing ~ I hope to have a clearer picture of exactly what my intake should be. I'm just a bit nervous about the whole "Wellness" thing and just don't want to get fat again!
lbeetle - My heart went out to you when I read your frustrations, and hope that just writing it all down helped you to see the need to stay on track. Believe me, you are NOT alone, and I think you're very brave to share your thoughts with those of us who have had similar feelings at times!
Jerome - VERY cool that you and your wife got to tell (most) of your stories on RR, but I agree that it's stinky that they cut all references to Medi!! ANYWAY, we're all proud of you two and perhaps some of the audience at least will read your blog and learn how great this program is.

Peace to all.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

AnnK,

Congratulations on your job. It's not always the money that makes a job great and if this is the one you wanted then that is all that matters.

God may not come when we want but he is always on time.

You will lose those 3 pounds easily because it was probably all due to stress.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I just wanted to give a big thumbs up today to everyone who is sticking with it even on the hard days (and everyone will have those), a big hug to everyone who is struggling, and a word of encourgement for those who are restarting or coming back after a gain. You are all amazing people, and every one of you deserves to get healthy again.

I have really been working on getting ALL my water in the past few days, which has resulted in me need to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes it seems....lol At least I know I'm getting enough.
Closed Thread