Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Let's do it week 10!

I had a less than stellar weigh in today at MEDI. That darn tanita scale only read 0.5lb lost. But I am optimistic , I know why, it's been a work week from HELL. What boss let's 2 employees have the same vacation week, when you only have 6 Full Time people on staff at a dialysis unit. So basically, I have not had time to eat, drink, or even pee for that matter. LOL, maybe this is TMI, but I am sharing my thoughts with you. I was also told that my "sweaty feet" LOL, were making the tanita scale read inaccurately. HaHa embarassing, but I guess that's what happens, when you wear shoes and socks for endless hours The staff did assure me that the weight was accurate; however, that the breakdown was most likely inaccurate, since it read that I had GAINED 6lbs of water.
So here I am pounding back the water, and thinking that I am so happy to have the weekend off. I think I may actually have time to get to the gym again this upcoming week. Honestly, this CRAP-OLA weigh in is some what motivating me to drink as much water as I can these next 7 days, and get to the gym. I want to see that number SINK next week.
My final vote is to PURGE the fat clothes! I started closet cleaning and drawer sorting last weekend. I have 2 HUGE goodwill bags, and 1 gigantic bag of hand-me-downs (in stellar condition) for my aunt, and mom-n-law. But now I have almost no clothes, a few pieces fit, from previous lower weights, so I believe I will thrift store shop this weekend, as several of you ave suggested.
Helene that counselor sounds horrific. I think you need to speak with the NP or MD or office manager, and let them know about her "commentary". You are paying these people to help you lose weight, and change your way of eating. You are not going there to be ridiculed, and leaving with a negative feeling. Don't let 1 bad apple, spoil the bunch. Let the management know your feelings, you may not be the only 1 having this experience with her.
CONGRATS to all on your losses. No matter how small the loss is, it is NOT a gain. It is one small tip-toe, step, hop, leap, or jump towards our goals and it means that we are moving towards a healthier lifestyle! Double congrats to you super losers this week! I can't wait until I can say I've lost 60lbs!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Keri, I just loked at your stats and you are 156 - that's amazing - being in "maintenance" you actually are losing. You know something many of us don't You eat a lot of carbs that seemed - and still losing. Your calorie allotment is much higher than mine (1400) probably due to your age and frame. So it is more difficult to stay in my range unless exercising really hard. I would probably will not be able to eat as many carbs as you - so everyone is different, just have to live with that. Again, congratulations on your successful maintenance.
Irina - Thank you. Yes, I do eat many more carbs then I thought I would be able to. My clinic had said that I now have a great metabolism, which greatly depends on my exercising. I probably could get to a lower weight, maybe another 5 lbs, but then I struggle to stay there and it just doesn't seem worth it. At 155-160 I very comfortably wear a size 8, sometimes even a 6 (like the shorts I bought today at The Loft!!) and feel healthy. I definitely still have a "belly"....but don't think after 2 c-sections of BIG babies that will ever go away without some nip and tucks!

My overall eating is pretty much low-carb and low-fat....with lean protein. Right now my favorite "meal" which is a good standby for any meal of the day we call Swiss McMuffins (it's eggbeaters, Swiss cheese, deli ham or turkey bacon, on a 100 calorie bagel thin.....it's about 275 calories, 30g protein, 26
carbs, 7 g fat). That's how most of my meals break down....protein slightly
higher than carb, with fat much lower.

I know the tough part for me giving examples of my daily food is that my calorie allotment is higher, but this past week or so with the stress of moving I have been around 1200 calories/day. Which is why without exercising my weight has stayed the same.

I am sure once you are up and about you will be right back at goal - you were such an inspiration to me from the start!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Oh yea, and BTW.. Check out the Rachael Ray show (the hour long talk show) this next Tuesday! My wife and I are on it talking about our weightloss success story! THANKS Medi-Weightloss Clinics for giving us our lives back!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Down -1lb this week, which is better than I was expecting. She said I was down -3lbs of fat but up 2 in water. I did a lot of strength training this week so that's not too surprising. So overall I was reall happy with this appointment.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

‎1 year ago today I decided to make my health a priority and joined Medi. So in the last year I've lost 43lbs, dropped 5 dress sizes, trained for and ran a half marathon, and kicked my "regular" soda addiction. I am now at a healthy weight, I run 2-3 times a week and I've never felt better!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Thanks Barb, I am so glad that I asked. That is exactly what I do. I am eating the same thing over and over again because the first two wks it worked great. But half way into my third wk and according to my scale I gained a pound. Go figure! I did have that weak moment a couple of days ago when I binged on ritz crackers but I have still remained in ketosis and went back to eating only lean protein the last day or two. I too am afraid of the fruit thing. Maybe I will try it after all sinse it worked for you. Switch it up, as you guys said. Its worth a try.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Weigh in today - a 2.4 pound loss! Was happy with this since it is TOM for me and hoping for this type of loss again. I realize getting these last 10-15 pounds might not be as easy, so I am trying to switch up foods and exercise to keep my body guessing. Since this is a restart, I was expecting my losses to be less than before but noticed I averaged 2 pound losses before - here's to improving on the past!
Something else that I was really happy about, which might seem strange to some, was my pulse was only 64bpm - I attribute this to my love for exercise (that I found last time I was on medi).

weight loss journey:
Nov 2009: -10.8; Dec 2009: -11.6; Jan 2010: -8.8; Feb 2010: -9.0; Mar 2010: -2.4; Apr 2010: -1.3; May 2010: +4.5; July 2010: +8.8

Restart journey:
Mar 2011: -6.0
Old 04-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Rachel - Hang in there, I bet by next week the water weight levels out. You really are doing so well. Just get through this crazy work week and try to find a way to squeeze in something good for yourself.. a workout, manicure, anything to give yourself a breather. You deserve it!

Changes - Congrats on your loss!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
‎1 year ago today I decided to make my health a priority and joined Medi. So in the last year I've lost 43lbs, dropped 5 dress sizes, trained for and ran a half marathon, and kicked my "regular" soda addiction. I am now at a healthy weight, I run 2-3 times a week and I've never felt better!
Lins, Happy 1-year-Medi-versary! You are such an inspiration. It goes to show that when we make the decision to take care of ourselves and work hard at it, good things happen. Not only have you lost weight, but you've become an athlete. Congratulations!

Barb
Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Where is everyone

I'm sitting at work trying to will the end of the day to hurry up and get here but it has been a long day. I keep coming here looking for messages from my medi-family and everyone is so quiet today. Normally there are tons of messages to keep me entertained but today is slow. I guess everyone must be feeling like me.

The one great difference that I've noticed is that I did not go the vending machine like I would have done before medi. It's just so amazing how this diet has totally change my eating habits.

Well, have a great weekend to you all!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
I'm sitting at work trying to will the end of the day to hurry up and get here but it has been a long day. I keep coming here looking for messages from my medi-family and everyone is so quiet today. Normally there are tons of messages to keep me entertained but today is slow. I guess everyone must be feeling like me.

The one great difference that I've noticed is that I did not go the vending machine like I would have done before medi. It's just so amazing how this diet has totally change my eating habits.

Well, have a great weekend to you all!!!
You too Betty! And good for you for staying strong.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!! This week has been crazy. Made it through though Within medi guidelines . Went to medi bootcamp Wednesday, it was so fun but I'm sooo sore still today! Well I just wanted to say hello. Have a super terrific weekend everyone!

Peace-Tiffany
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
bootcamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!! This week has been crazy. Made it through though Within medi guidelines . Went to medi bootcamp Wednesday, it was so fun but I'm sooo sore still today! Well I just wanted to say hello. Have a super terrific weekend everyone!

Peace-Tiffany
can you tell me more about this medi bootcamp?
thanks!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I've just been lurking for a couple of days.......must have had some kind of hormonal thing going on.......I was tearing up at the drop of a hat Today is much better (bet Bill is happy about THAT ) I did purge more clothes from my closet. Even though the scale doesn't seem to want to budge (the NEW scale weighs me even heavier ) my body is still getting smaller so many clothes I wore even last month are just too big. While I was dropping off 2 BIG bags of clothes, I bought 3 more tops and a pair of shorts. I'm still pretty comfortable in MOST of my 12 shorts (I still have a big lower tummy from my 2 C-sections) but I found several pairs of 10s that were actually too big to buy. I bought 1 pair of 10s, and all the tops were Medium! I also stopped at Kohls only to find I didn't like ANY of the bathing suits that fit.....maybe I just wasn't in the mood for bathing suits today. Last year when I got a new suit it was a hard choice between several! I only wore that suit a few times, and now it's too big

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I've just been lurking for a couple of days.......must have had some kind of hormonal thing going on.......I was tearing up at the drop of a hat Today is much better (bet Bill is happy about THAT ) I did purge more clothes from my closet. Even though the scale doesn't seem to want to budge (the NEW scale weighs me even heavier ) my body is still getting smaller so many clothes I wore even last month are just too big. While I was dropping off 2 BIG bags of clothes, I bought 3 more tops and a pair of shorts. I'm still pretty comfortable in MOST of my 12 shorts (I still have a big lower tummy from my 2 C-sections) but I found several pairs of 10s that were actually too big to buy. I bought 1 pair of 10s, and all the tops were Medium! I also stopped at Kohls only to find I didn't like ANY of the bathing suits that fit.....maybe I just wasn't in the mood for bathing suits today. Last year when I got a new suit it was a hard choice between several! I only wore that suit a few times, and now it's too big

Isn't it a wonderful thing to say that your bathing suit, the most dreaded article of clothing, is too big? The clothes don't lie, you are getting even smaller. Enjoy your new skinny clothes!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Changes- the medi bootcamp is at our clinic. The nutritionist teaches all the classes. She had us do stength training with weight, bands, med ball and others with just our own body weight. In-between exercises she would have us run and do bursts of cardio ,like mock jumprope, jumping back and forth over a line and run some more! We ended the bootcamp with abs in our lobby. Very fun and it was a great workout!
Going again this morning
Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
Week one is over! I lose 5.5 pounds, not as much as I had hoped but I am still happy with the results. We celebrated at Outback Steakhouse, I had a really small sirloin steak and green salad, what a joy it was to eat lettuce and cucumber again!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
So glad it's the weekend....even though it's going to be a busy one! We should be making the change to sleeping in the new house tonight, we'll still need to empty a few more things out of the old house through the week but I will be so glad to get the kds back to a more normal routine.

Before we make the move today, we have my daughters soccer game that my husband is coaching....and I found out this morning that apparently I am his assistant coach. Keep in mind I have never ever played soccer. It's only for 5 & 6 yr olds, so it won't be that bad. I was complimented though when my husband was asked if I would help him (since I help the league with other things) and my husband said I dont play, the head of the organization said that was fine...all you really need to do is run around for an hour with the kids. A year ago I never would have been asked to run around with kindergarteners for an entire hour....I probably couldn't have done 10 minutes. I love that I now can! Guess it will be a good form of exercise too!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Yay Coach Keri!!! You go girl! I love hearing your life stories, such an inspiration.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Lots of good things being posted!

I stepped on the scale this morning and TADA is was down 3 lbs! I won't change my stats until official weigh in on Thursday, but it was such a relief, considering the minute loss I had on Thursday.
MEDI bootcamp- that sounds fun. I wish my clinic offered that.
JBiggars very cool that your tremendous weight loss, has afforded you the opportunity to become a MEDI spokesperson!
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, it's dreary here in RVA today; but it will be sunny and in the 80's tomorrow! Yippey!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Keri my hubby is coaching both my older girls soccer teams, and I help in too. So I got about 2 hours of running around in today. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a soccer mom. However I played soccer from the time I was 6 until my Jr. Year of High school (fractured my foot and couldn't play). So this is really fun for me. But you are right it is really good exercise.

I need to go run today, but it's currenly 88 degrees outside, with pretty high humidity. I love the Florida summers but I don't like it when I need to go run. Our games started early this morning so I couldn't get up before and go. So I am not sure what I am going to do today for cardio.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
OH what a great weekend!! Lins I know what you mean about the heat...well I should say I imagine it as my mom, who's in Ft Myers told me it was 90 yesterday! The weather in the northeast was perfect running weather. Did 5 miles on my old trail route I used to do last summer. So nice to get outside and exercise and the weight is down some more!!! When I reach 208 that will be the lowest I have EVER seen...then when I pass it I will be doing the happy dance!

Yeah Mary for having to get a new bathing suit- that's a real sign of your loss!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

I screwed up last night was was up a pound because of it. We went to dinner party, I called the hostess and asked what she was serving and she said smoked turkey and lots of veggies, so I told her I was doing low carb and that was great. Little did I know but her idea of veggies was scalloped potatoes, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole, and stuffing. I wish I had asked if I could bring a salad. I ate a little of the squash and a little of the sweet potatoes and feel like crap this morning. My joints hurt and I am really swollen. I am drinking tons of water and sticking to the plan 100%, so my fingers are crossed.

What do you in a case like this? It was sit down so I didn't to look out of place. I felt like crying this morning.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
I am so excited!! I just treated myself to a new food scale. Never thought I would be excited about a food scale but it is really cool! It is programmable and will store all of your food values and keep a running total throughout the day! I have been playing around with it all morning!

Lisaann, sounds like you are doing exactly like you are suppose to and getting right back on track! Not much you can do in the moment except limit yourself to the best options and you did that!

Mary, I admire you. Just the fact that you were trying on bathing suits, impresses me. That is one thing I absolutely hate to do more than anything. I am going to the beach this coming week for spring break and I have not even had the courage to pull out my suits from last year and see how they look.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TaviMom
Stats: 182/165/130
My April Goal

On Tuesday, I'll have completed my first month on this diet. I'm down 17 pounds.

My goal for this month is to get down into the 150's. I haven't seen those numbers on the scale in 5 years. I'm at 165 now, so I believe I can accomplish it.

My second goal is to get better about exercise. I set a goal to run my first 5K in May, and I'm realizing that May is getting really close. I'm determined to participate though.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

We were putting together a futon today and it was a nightmare! We were all screaming at each other and I was so stressed and usually I would have run to the kitchen but instead I stayed on tract and then went for a walk.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaann View Post
We were putting together a futon today and it was a nightmare! We were all screaming at each other and I was so stressed and usually I would have run to the kitchen but instead I stayed on tract and then went for a walk.
Good for you! We're all going to have those stressful days, but you turned it into something positive.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Oh yea, and BTW.. Check out the Rachael Ray show (the hour long talk show) this next Tuesday! My wife and I are on it talking about our weightloss success story! THANKS Medi-Weightloss Clinics for giving us our lives back!
How COOL I've set the DVR, so I'm sure I won't miss it.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

I had a really good day today....I got out early before it started getting HOT, and did my 1st day of week 2 C25K! I have to tell you all how much I was DREADING today. I had even told DH I thought maybe I should repeat week 1, since I doubted I could run for 90 seconds (I know, how pathetic! ) He said I needed to keep pushing myself forward, so I decided to prove him wrong! HOWEVER I was the one who was wrong! I was able to do it! I ran for the full 90 seconds each time the prompt said "Run Now" and didn't stop until it said "Walk Now"! The first set of running KILLS my knees (even with stretching and the 5 min warmup walk) but after that I feel much better.
Then after getting home, showering, eating breakfast we went out to a flea market and shopped around (more walking). We stopped for a salad lunch, then out to buy me a bike at Walmart! Then we took SIL's car that she's loaning to us, in to get the AC repaired. I had to drive it across the county to the mechanic, and felt like I was melting into the seat by the time we got there. We road the Harley home, and that was even hot! Looks like it's time to turn the AC on in the house!
DH made his "famous" meatloaf for dinner tonight and even cleaned up after himself......it was a GOOD day!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hello, everybody. I am sorry that I haven't posted in about a week---and I am really sorry to now post and ask for support, after giving very little to others of late. But I really could use some support. On a personal level, I had mentioned early on that I just got something like "partner"---that was great, but it has been grueling, lots and lots of overwork and imbalance. Starting medi was part of my goal to start taking care of myself. I'm just starting week seven now. In the past month, my mom has been placed in an Alzheimer's unit, my dad had a heart attack (her primary caretaker), and my little kiddo has had a trip to the ER for a respiratory problem. And I am so late on filing a report, that I am pulling all-nighter after all-nighter. So, life is overwhelming. But I am sure that what I am experiencing has been experienced by many others, and I am certainly blessed in a billion ways, esp compared to our sisters around the globe. But I wanted to provide some context.

What I need help with is this diet: I am feeling pretty grim and discouraged. I GAINED .5 pounds this week, moving me from 20 pound weight loss to 19.5 pounds. Fat was down, water up a bit. Here is how I am feeling (and I'm not proud of it, and I want to change my thinking):
1. If I can't maintain weight loss during acute phase, how the hell will I ever do it in maintenance?
2. I can't live on this boring program forever! Seven weeks feels like FOREVER right now, and it makes it hard to press on.
3. Forget thinking about maintenance, I will simply NEVER lose the weight to begin with.
4. How do I "stay on the wagon"? I so, so, so, so, so feel like quitting!

But I AM NOT QUITTING. Specific problems, as I see them:
1. Not enough water
2. No exercise
3. Too many almonds this week (salty and high calorie AND I can feel that I am eating them compulsively)
4. Not enough sleep
5. STRESS, ANXIETY, WORRY
6. Weigh-ins that are rushed, with not even a chair for the nurse-person to sit in and talk with me. Now it is just in and out. Saw the major counselor the first week in her office. Now it feels like that was about sales, not about the kind of support I can actually expect. I need to ask for support; I need to seek ways to renew my spirit and energy in this program. In this self-growth that I was feeling.
7. I am not consistently using the diary. (Was using the little paper diary, but found it hard to carry everywhere, and the space way too small for my handwriting. Started using the Livestrong program on my phone. Why can't MEDI get an online program that matches the little calendar? I'd like to be able to track my water, medicines, mood AND my food, but can't find an electronic program to do this...any insights?

Has anyone else experienced that precipice of feeling like quitting? How can I renew and keep moving forward? Sorry to be negative, I just really, really need some support and ideas. Thank you in advance for any thoughts! Best, LBeetle
Closed Thread