Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Okay doggonit!!!! I went for my weigh in ladies and it wasnt good. I lost .2lbs!!!??? It may as well been none for pete sakes. I mean seriously I ate right , Im in ketosis, I exercised, I drink my water. The RN said my water was up and to drink even more water. My fat was down so that was good , but to up my cadio and do light weights not heavy cuz I dont want to build muscle. Okay but can we shake this thing (scale) or reset or reboot it or something? Beause I still only lost .2lbs!!!

She told me to do week one again for a couple days. I will (sigh) it really just bummed me out guys. So here I sit, wondering what I did wrong . I will try a new class tonight at the gym maybe that will bring my smile back.

Sorry to be a downer
Tomorrows a new day
Enigma is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
I don't know about you, but it seems like the people who are on these boards are really HAPPY people - I bet you the people who say we are grumpy aren't feeling as good as we all are - no coma's after dinner!
AGREE!
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Thanks to all of you kind women here, for your supportive reassurance that YOU can see my weight loss. I think I actually saw it today. I caught myself by suprise RVA had a beautiful summer like day of 88 degress, figures I was inside ALL day working. The rain starts tomorrow.
I want to know, how many of you vote to keep or purge the fat clothes?
I get rid of them. I hand them over to my mom who will take what she wants and then donate the rest. The ones that I know she will not want, I save for a clothes swap with some girlfriends.

I have been saving clothes for about 8 years or so (when I started gaining) so most of what I have is more or less current (or good enough for government work). I have only had to buy a few things (new dress, shorts for the summertime) to get buy. I will go on a bigger trip when I git goal. I routinely come across clothes with the tags still on them. I have all of the clothes in neat (sure...) piles around my room based on size. They had all been in vacuum space bags under my bed because I just didn't have the room for a wardrobe in every size and fit. I am hoping that soon they will all fit in my closet again (they might now... i just need to give my closet a good purging...)
GatorEng2007 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 1
Gallery: lfhyed
Stats: 178/178/135
WOE: medi diet
Start Date: March 25 2011
Newbie

Hi All,
I'm on my second week and I just wanted to say I am so glad I found
this page. Thankfully a nice woman I met in the Chelmsford location
waiting room told me about it.
I lost 7 pounds my first week and feel great! I want to loose about 40
pounds total.
I just wanted to tell you all what I discovered last week from reading
these posts. I just made a simple chicken soup with the low salt
chicken broth and chicken breast. This week I added some green onion
for a little more flavor. Next I'm going to try to add some grated cheese.
Just wanted to share in case you aren't feeling good it makes a nice soup
and it is also good week one with just the chicken and broth as just
the broth itself takes away that hunger. Cut the chicken up into
little pieces and only eat a little at time and this really saved me week
one.
Good luck to you all and thanks for all the info!!
lfhyed is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Enigma:

I think it's natural to have a slow week because I'm sure everyone has had the same experience. Don't beat yourself up because next week's lost will even things out. Just keep doing what you're doing. I tell myself a lost is a lost. Having adopted that attitude has kept me going and optimistic.

Last edited by betty_going_85; 04-05-2011 at 12:11 PM..
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Okay, sorry to harp on about this, but I am somewhat happy after finding this out. My blood pressure drug (brand name CALAN or generic VERAPAMIL) has been recalled by Mylan and Pfizer!!!!! I don't know about other generics but these were the two I was on. No information given as to why or if it was a single batch and pharmacist couldn't say.Doctor had not even been informed of it yet until the pharmacist called her. So I feel somewhat vindicated, it was as though it had the opposite effect on me.
cheftrish is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Ifhyed, I go to Chelmsford location too! Welcome!
cheftrish is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 89
Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Okay doggonit!!!! I went for my weigh in ladies and it wasnt good. I lost .2lbs!!!??? It may as well been none for pete sakes. I mean seriously I ate right , Im in ketosis, I exercised, I drink my water. The RN said my water was up and to drink even more water. My fat was down so that was good , but to up my cadio and do light weights not heavy cuz I dont want to build muscle. Okay but can we shake this thing (scale) or reset or reboot it or something? Beause I still only lost .2lbs!!!

She told me to do week one again for a couple days. I will (sigh) it really just bummed me out guys. So here I sit, wondering what I did wrong . I will try a new class tonight at the gym maybe that will bring my smile back.

Sorry to be a downer
Tomorrows a new day
Hang in there!

I've had several of those weeks, too -- but usually not in a row. I think it was Lins who pointed out that she would have two bad weeks a month followed by two really good weeks. I'm the same way -- I blame hormones and different times of the month.

You have me curious -- what did they consider "heavy" weights?

What I try to remember is: If it weren't for Medi I'm sure I would have GAINED that week! So congrats on losing .2 pounds of fat!
~Roni
Ronism is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 89
Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
I don't know about you, but it seems like the people who are on these boards are really HAPPY people - I bet you the people who say we are grumpy aren't feeling as good as we all are - no coma's after dinner!
I think I'm snippier with my family sometimes (and roll my inward eyes more at work LOL), but usually just when I'm hungry! It might be low blood sugar, but fat burners are notorious for that.

But in general I'm just happy to be alive. I think working on a positive goal naturally does that! Especially one as life changing as taking control of your health.

I think we all seem to be happy people, too!
~Roni
Ronism is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 89
Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Okay, sorry to harp on about this, but I am somewhat happy after finding this out. My blood pressure drug (brand name CALAN or generic VERAPAMIL) has been recalled by Mylan and Pfizer!!!!! I don't know about other generics but these were the two I was on. No information given as to why or if it was a single batch and pharmacist couldn't say.Doctor had not even been informed of it yet until the pharmacist called her. So I feel somewhat vindicated, it was as though it had the opposite effect on me.
Trish, I'm glad they are figuring out the problem. And glad for you -- I'll bet it feels great to be vindicated? And you'll feel better once they get you on meds that actually work!
~Roni
Ronism is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Karla1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,726
Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhyed View Post
Hi All,
I'm on my second week and I just wanted to say I am so glad I found
this page. Thankfully a nice woman I met in the Chelmsford location
waiting room told me about it.
I lost 7 pounds my first week and feel great! I want to loose about 40
pounds total.
I just wanted to tell you all what I discovered last week from reading
these posts. I just made a simple chicken soup with the low salt
chicken broth and chicken breast. This week I added some green onion
for a little more flavor. Next I'm going to try to add some grated cheese.
Just wanted to share in case you aren't feeling good it makes a nice soup
and it is also good week one with just the chicken and broth as just
the broth itself takes away that hunger. Cut the chicken up into
little pieces and only eat a little at time and this really saved me week
one.
Good luck to you all and thanks for all the info!!
Hi
I am at about the same place you are, just starting! I love this so far!! It sounds like you are off to a good start
Karla1960 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member
 
suthrn grl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 106
Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Thanks to all of you kind women here, for your supportive reassurance that YOU can see my weight loss. I think I actually saw it today. I caught myself by suprise RVA had a beautiful summer like day of 88 degress, figures I was inside ALL day working. The rain starts tomorrow.
I want to know, how many of you vote to keep or purge the fat clothes?
I am all for tossing the fat clothes! HOWEVER... do not do like I did and toss the skinny clothes! I had everything from a size 6 to a 14. I have been wearing a 14 for about 3 years. So, when we moved into our new house about a year ago I took all of the skinny clothes to goodwill. Now that I have lost weight... I have only found 2 pair of size 12 jeans I can wear! Lordy, I wish I had known! Oh well... I guess this is a GOOD delimma to be in.
And woo hoo... I broke through the 150's this morning!! 149.6 !!
YYaayy...
suthrn grl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Thanks so much Betty and Roni
You guys are right, I will just keep my chin up and shuffle on.
Roni, the heavy weight she was talking about was nothing over 10lbs at the body works class that I do at my gym.
I'm going to try the bootcamp and 5k training they have at my clinic. I saw the flyer today for the first time. So might be fun.
Thanks again for the support
Y'all are awesome!

PeaceTiffany
Enigma is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Thanks so much Betty and Roni
You guys are right, I will just keep my chin up and shuffle on.
Roni, the heavy weight she was talking about was nothing over 10lbs at the body works class that I do at my gym.
I'm going to try the bootcamp and 5k training they have at my clinic. I saw the flyer today for the first time. So might be fun.
Thanks again for the support
Y'all are awesome!

PeaceTiffany
Holy crap! That isn't heavy at all, I hope they won't want me to quit lifting. Don't beat yourself up over a slow week I just know you will make up for it next week.
Lisaann is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member
 
grfxgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 154
Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Thanks so much Betty and Roni
You guys are right, I will just keep my chin up and shuffle on.
Roni, the heavy weight she was talking about was nothing over 10lbs at the body works class that I do at my gym.
I'm going to try the bootcamp and 5k training they have at my clinic. I saw the flyer today for the first time. So might be fun.
Thanks again for the support
Y'all are awesome!

PeaceTiffany
I really cant believe your counselor told you that. It is so hard for women to build THAT much muscle that you'd end up being like Chyna or something. Besides that, the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn. It would take a LOT of weight lifting to get crazy weight-lifter muscles. I am by no means an expert, but everything I have ever read says that it would take SO much weight-lifting to get to where you dont want to be...girls, am I wrong here?

I just cant believe she said that. What in the world???
__________________
Tricia
grfxgrl is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Okay doggonit!!!! I went for my weigh in ladies and it wasnt good. I lost .2lbs!!!??? It may as well been none for pete sakes. I mean seriously I ate right , Im in ketosis, I exercised, I drink my water. The RN said my water was up and to drink even more water. My fat was down so that was good , but to up my cadio and do light weights not heavy cuz I dont want to build muscle. Okay but can we shake this thing (scale) or reset or reboot it or something? Beause I still only lost .2lbs!!!

She told me to do week one again for a couple days. I will (sigh) it really just bummed me out guys. So here I sit, wondering what I did wrong . I will try a new class tonight at the gym maybe that will bring my smile back.

Sorry to be a downer
Tomorrows a new day
Enigma...reading your post gave me the idea to do week one also....someone else suggested this to me to because things are not going anywhere. Hang in there...you can do it!
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
I really cant believe your counselor told you that. It is so hard for women to build THAT much muscle that you'd end up being like Chyna or something. Besides that, the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn. It would take a LOT of weight lifting to get crazy weight-lifter muscles. I am by no means an expert, but everything I have ever read says that it would take SO much weight-lifting to get to where you dont want to be...girls, am I wrong here?

I just cant believe she said that. What in the world???
Yes Tricia- I have heard this too and read this...it would take a lot for a women to gain such bulk from weight lifting. Ekk I lift weights over 10lbs and I don't look like Chyna (that's a weight lifter, in this context, ..not a bowing person..hee hee)
Kristine
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Mary,

This is so true, you said: "Even when I go out to exercise, or run to the store I want to LIKE the way I look!"
__________________

When I was heavy, I was wearing whatever "sport" clothes I had to the gym. When I lost the weight, I went on a shopping spree and bought all kinds of cool sport clothes. So I was shopping in Kohls around Christmas and I got $200 worth of brand name sport clothes just for myself. When I was paying the cashier said: "Wow, your family must be so much into sports that you get all this for them for Christmas"
__________________
Irina

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member
 
losing in Ftm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I remember last year reading a series of posts on how to eat Medi at DisneyWorld. I am going to Sea World in Orlando at the end of the month and I haven't been there in years. Does anyone know how that parks food is? I am hoping to eat there so I don't have to haul food around.
By the way can I just say how excited I am to get on a roller coaster for the first time in years and not dread the part with the bar comes down. I use to pray that it would first close and second I could still breathe. My daughter and I have front of the line passes and I plan on making up on a lot of missed rides.
__________________
Losing in Ftm
losing in Ftm is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #110
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 14
Gallery: heleneval
Stats: 177/158.8/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I remember last year reading a series of posts on how to eat Medi at DisneyWorld. I am going to Sea World in Orlando at the end of the month and I haven't been there in years. Does anyone know how that parks food is? I am hoping to eat there so I don't have to haul food around.
By the way can I just say how excited I am to get on a roller coaster for the first time in years and not dread the part with the bar comes down. I use to pray that it would first close and second I could still breathe. My daughter and I have front of the line passes and I plan on making up on a lot of missed rides.
I live in Orlando and go to Sea World fairly often. You should be fine. They have this one place in particular I'm thinking of, that has all kinds of smoked meat -- chicken, pork, beef, etc. You could get the chicken breast and peel the skin off. They have quite a few different varieties, and you could find something there. Just be prepared for the cost. There are also places to buy fruit. Veggies are more difficult. The roller coasters there are so awesome! Have fun!

Helene
heleneval is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 225
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/173/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I'm totally stressing about weigh in this morning. I've been in a slump for the last few weeks, but really tried to mix it up this week. Tried new recipes and foods and attempted different excercise every day. I normally jump on the scale every morning, but have avoided it all week, waiting for weigh in. Just focusing on following the menus I make for myself and exercising. Fingers are crossed that I'l bust through this plateau and finally hit 60!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I remember last year reading a series of posts on how to eat Medi at DisneyWorld. I am going to Sea World in Orlando at the end of the month and I haven't been there in years. Does anyone know how that parks food is? I am hoping to eat there so I don't have to haul food around.
By the way can I just say how excited I am to get on a roller coaster for the first time in years and not dread the part with the bar comes down. I use to pray that it would first close and second I could still breathe. My daughter and I have front of the line passes and I plan on making up on a lot of missed rides.

I go to Sea World a decent amount too. There is a BBQ place that I think is the one Helene is talking about... I avoided it because i didn't wan't to be tempted by the BBQ sauce Last time I went I think I got the club sandwhich (which is HUGE) and just ate the meat and cheese off of it. I have also gotten the burger and fries and ate only the burger patty. A waste I know... its aggravating at times especially going to these theme parks (and baseball games for that matter) where options are limited and EVERTHING comes with fries. Typically I will always pack a protein bar and some cheese sticks to hold me over. The food on theme park days is not satisfying and those are really the only days that I actually feel deprived, lol.

Bring your own snacks... you won't find much in the restaurants at sea world other than an overpriced fruit bowl with fruit you aren't supposed to have or big pickle (I have gotten the pickle before, lol, but I like pickles )


Have a great time! and sit in the back row on the left side of Manta for the best ride :-)

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 04-06-2011 at 05:52 AM..
GatorEng2007 is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 127
Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been to an ACTUAL weigh-in for a few weeks. I have been faithful to the plan and have stuck to it religiously, but didn't want to PAY to go in and get weighed, since I don't take any AS or even the Fat Burner anymore. I just couldn't budget the 70 bucks a week to go weigh in, even though I really do like the accountability it provides... Okay, so having said that, I finally did go weigh in and I am down 8 more pounds!!!!! Total loss on the plan: 30 pounds!!!!

Trying to keep the momentum up! Thanks to all of you, I may be able to do this!!!!
chocolatefan is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been to an ACTUAL weigh-in for a few weeks. I have been faithful to the plan and have stuck to it religiously, but didn't want to PAY to go in and get weighed, since I don't take any AS or even the Fat Burner anymore. I just couldn't budget the 70 bucks a week to go weigh in, even though I really do like the accountability it provides... Okay, so having said that, I finally did go weigh in and I am down 8 more pounds!!!!! Total loss on the plan: 30 pounds!!!!

Trying to keep the momentum up! Thanks to all of you, I may be able to do this!!!!
That's fantastic Keep it up.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 225
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/173/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been to an ACTUAL weigh-in for a few weeks. I have been faithful to the plan and have stuck to it religiously, but didn't want to PAY to go in and get weighed, since I don't take any AS or even the Fat Burner anymore. I just couldn't budget the 70 bucks a week to go weigh in, even though I really do like the accountability it provides... Okay, so having said that, I finally did go weigh in and I am down 8 more pounds!!!!! Total loss on the plan: 30 pounds!!!!

Trying to keep the momentum up! Thanks to all of you, I may be able to do this!!!!
Congrats! So happy for you
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been to an ACTUAL weigh-in for a few weeks. I have been faithful to the plan and have stuck to it religiously, but didn't want to PAY to go in and get weighed, since I don't take any AS or even the Fat Burner anymore. I just couldn't budget the 70 bucks a week to go weigh in, even though I really do like the accountability it provides... Okay, so having said that, I finally did go weigh in and I am down 8 more pounds!!!!! Total loss on the plan: 30 pounds!!!!

Trying to keep the momentum up! Thanks to all of you, I may be able to do this!!!!
Great job! Isn't nice to see a big number on a scale - very inspiring. How many weeks did it take?
irabeslim is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
I'm totally stressing about weigh in this morning. I've been in a slump for the last few weeks, but really tried to mix it up this week. Tried new recipes and foods and attempted different excercise every day. I normally jump on the scale every morning, but have avoided it all week, waiting for weigh in. Just focusing on following the menus I make for myself and exercising. Fingers are crossed that I'l bust through this plateau and finally hit 60!

Barb
I'm really trying to "mix it up" as well........Can't wait to read how your WI goes. I usually save my fruit (if I have one) for late in the day, but today I added it to a protein shake for breakfast. I've also cut back on exercise, so instead of BRISK walking for 2 hours, I'm doing 1/2 hour of C25K every other day, then doing some strength training as well as STRETCHING at home.

I'm still getting used to the new scale.....It reads 2-3 pounds MORE than my old scale, but I have a hunch that the new one IS more accurate

I'll be thinking of you
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 127
Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Great job! Isn't nice to see a big number on a scale - very inspiring. How many weeks did it take?
I started the program on February 7. It's hard to tell how much I lost per week for the last three weeks, since I didn't weigh in... But it's been about two months for the whole 30 pounds! I still have a ways to go and I think I may even reduce my goal of 160 to 150. I just started out saying I needed to drop 40 pounds, but I would like a "buffer" of some kind before going into any kind of maintenance. I don't know how I'll do, and based on what people in maintenance have said, I'll bet it's harder than losing in the first place!
chocolatefan is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Tricia and Lisaann- I know! They have told me no heavy lifting from the beginning . I remember one of them saying not to the point of muscle fatigue. It goes against everything I've ever been told but it must work

Before starting Medi I was doing Crossfit. I that style workout! But stopped because 1) we did olympic lifts in there , heavy weight for sure 2) eating so few calories I wasn't sure I could do that kind of hardcore workout
Now that I'm on my 5th week I'm thinking I may want to try it maybe 2times a week instead of the 5 I was before. hmmm

Do any of you guys do Crossfit?

Kristine- thanks and yes it makes since to go back to week one for a couple days. Hope it works for you too!
Enigma is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I'm really trying to "mix it up" as well........Can't wait to read how your WI goes. I usually save my fruit (if I have one) for late in the day, but today I added it to a protein shake for breakfast. I've also cut back on exercise, so instead of BRISK walking for 2 hours, I'm doing 1/2 hour of C25K every other day, then doing some strength training as well as STRETCHING at home.

I'm still getting used to the new scale.....It reads 2-3 pounds MORE than my old scale, but I have a hunch that the new one IS more accurate

I'll be thinking of you
HI Mary,

I was actually just thinking of typing a message to you about this. You had mentioned before about your Tanita scale and I remember something when I got it. Oh did you end up getting the one I said.the Ironman one? At any rate I know that there are 2 settings on it and they will give you different readings. You have to make sure you set it for female and not female athlete- they are noted by the different pictures on the scale.
Just thought I would say that because I did the samething at first and realized there are 2 setting options...and of course you could see what you would be if you were a man I tired that too just for fun...lol. I hope that helps- if you didn't already figure that out.
Kristine29 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.