Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Rachel and Deb..thank you so much!!! I see what I have been doing wrong. I must stay on week two until I reach goal...so I have been having too many calories at times that weren't protein. I need to stay within 500-700 protein and minimize my diary- cheese can be hard for me.
This helps me so much! Rachel I don't have any health issues (thankfully), just a walking oxymoron- "a healthy fat person"

I do journal everything on s e l f . c o m website it's awesome. I have been journaling before I was even on this diet. Rachel I agree with you- I can't eat those over processed stuff to substitute for something else. I think if I want chocolate I will just have a piece of dark chocolate- although the craving hasn't been too bad. I just find if I make some cool whip mixed with sf ff jello that I can't really control myself- I want to eat it all. So...I just won't have it till I can control that urge. Since I don't eat sugar substititues, I do find that having this jello mixture makes me want it more...so that's why I have to just not have it.

As far as water..that's all I drink 128oz or more depending on workout. Once in awhile I will have powerade zero, but I water it down because it's too sweet for me. And I have coffee- decaf throughout the day.

Oh thank you- this really does help and I see where I went wrong. Yes- keeping it simple is really what I need to do. I will keep a power crunch in my bag in case of emergencies where I can't have a proper meal (because those are like a treat!).

Back on track!!

Last edited by Kristine29; 04-03-2011 at 10:55 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
April is for awesomeness

I love this time of year-so much beautiful weather to enjoy outside while getting a workout in
My goal for April is to venture into the 160's and hopefully see the lower end of that spectrum. I would also like to fit back into those size 10 "diva cut" old navy jeans that have been hiding in my closet for a long time now. Last weigh in (4/1)- lost .6 - but was reminded next day of being a woman- so hopefully next week I will get back to a whole - digit loss.

holly
Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dragonflys
Stats: 5'4 - 167/134/125
Start Date: January 2011
Goal Weight Question

Hi!

I posted this on the Maintenance Thread, but posting here in hopes to get some responses

Hello everyone. I have been on medi since January 4th. My starting weight was 167 and I am now 134. I am really wondering if I should change my goal weight. I am 5'4. I am now in a size five jeans, which was really my main goal. I know I could lose more, but not sure I want to be as small as I was in high school. I still have a little belly which bugs the crap out of me, but after two kids, I don't think it will ever look the way I want.

Just wanted to get some opinions on how you all determined your goal weight and how u decided it was time to go onto maintenance.

Thanks everyone and congrats on all your successes!!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
My goal is to get back on track. Have not been as committed this past week-having BP go up was a real bummer and I have been feeling like what is the point when I have been working so hard to stay fit and they are switching meds, lots of tests and doctor app's... So I want to refocus my efforts by asking (and answering) these three questions.

1)Why am I doing this?
2) Who am I doing this for?
3) What will be the rewards when I accomplish my goal?

And then I want to lose 7 lbs.

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7
Old 04-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Cheftrish

I have missed you dear. I hope your B/P dilemma gets resolved ASAP. Boy that Vacation was supposed to relax you, seems like it did the opposite

Kristine I am very happy that my post was helpful to you. You do need to drink the electrolytes daily, because if you don't it can cause water retention. This is what my clinic told me. You can do it! Cool Whip has carbs in it. So if you find yourself overindulging in it, I would just let it go. The longer you go without all of that stuff, the less you will want it. I do keep sugar free jello on hand, and I like experimenting with the different flavors.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflys View Post
Hi!

I posted this on the Maintenance Thread, but posting here in hopes to get some responses

Hello everyone. I have been on medi since January 4th. My starting weight was 167 and I am now 134. I am really wondering if I should change my goal weight. I am 5'4. I am now in a size five jeans, which was really my main goal. I know I could lose more, but not sure I want to be as small as I was in high school. I still have a little belly which bugs the crap out of me, but after two kids, I don't think it will ever look the way I want.

Just wanted to get some opinions on how you all determined your goal weight and how u decided it was time to go onto maintenance.

Thanks everyone and congrats on all your successes!!
I am the same height as you and my goal weight is exactly your current weight! I arbitrarily pulled my goal weight number almost out of thin air-- its the weight I weighed the last time I was comfortable in my skin. You should be well within the normal BMI for your/our height so I say its all up to you and what you want. If you are happy where you are then I say, move on to the next phase. And Congrats!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hi Everyone! My goal for April is to reach the 155lb mark. I hope this is a reasonable goal, but I am so excited to hit the 150's. My other goal is to have the first portion of my candidacy exam submitted and approved. Once it is defended I will no longer be a student and I will officially be a Ph.D candidate! Hopefully everyone has a fantastic April
Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dragonflys
Stats: 5'4 - 167/134/125
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
I am the same height as you and my goal weight is exactly your current weight! I arbitrarily pulled my goal weight number almost out of thin air-- its the weight I weighed the last time I was comfortable in my skin. You should be well within the normal BMI for your/our height so I say its all up to you and what you want. If you are happy where you are then I say, move on to the next phase. And Congrats!!!
Thanks Tricia!! I guess I was a little confused because when I talked to the girl at the clinic, she said she didnt think I was ready yet, and that I should lose more, so I have a little cushion when I go on maintenance. In a way, I do agree with her, and I am a little scared to start eating carbs and more food. I am so afraid of gaining the weight back. But on the other hand, I dont want to look anorexic...

Thanks again for your post. Really appreciate it!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Hi everyone,
Whew..I think I have everything with my Mom under control for now. She is third on the waiting list for an awesome nursing home in Providence, RI. Now I know "awesome" sounds strange when referring to a NH, but let me tell you, I was so impressed.

Anyway, I lost only .6# at my weigh in on Saturday, but I was living on Medi Cinnamom Pecan protein bars and not drinking enough water, so I know WHY. So I bought BIG bottles of water and I have to drink at least two per day.

My best new is that I have lost 19 pounds and have lost 6 inches in my waist. I can now fit into size 20...down from 26/28 bottoms and 30/32 tops. I have so much energy, I get up early everyday and I can actually MOVE. I am going back to the gym this week too.

Last edited by Baysidegal; 04-03-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Old 04-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I weight 135 and I am only 5'2, so I would think 2 more inches added to me and I would be happy with where I am. As it is I wan to lose another 10ish pounds. They say around 4lbs per inch so that's about right. So I say it's up to you. See how you do in maintance for a few weeks and then decided. Some people still loose a little more weight in the first few weeks of maintance.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Grats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa17 View Post
Hi Everyone! My goal for April is to reach the 155lb mark. I hope this is a reasonable goal, but I am so excited to hit the 150's. My other goal is to have the first portion of my candidacy exam submitted and approved. Once it is defended I will no longer be a student and I will officially be a Ph.D candidate! Hopefully everyone has a fantastic April
Congrats on getting that far in your studies - they say almost 1/2 the people who start doc programs never finish - the dreaded ABD. I completed my Ed.D. in 2008, it was liberating and amazing! Right after I finished that, I started on a healthy living mindset (I wasn't a multi tasker back then )

holly
Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
grfxgirl - Have you tried a nettie pot? Not sure of that's the right way to spell it, but it looks like a little tea pot and they sell them at most drug stores. I am prone to sinus infections and this has made a huge difference for me. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Barb
Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am having a "I want to snack" kind of night. I am at calorie goal for today, so I won't be having anything. I refuse to give in, and I know that, but I thought I'd some and share my struggle with you because you "get it". Just reminding myself that healthy and skinny is so much better than any snack would ever taste.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

lins: I hear you, I was snacking a little too much at night and my counselor is having my keep it to maybe twice a week. But I did find a product that really satisfies especially during TOM: Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream Products. Have you tried them? 4 net carbs and they are great!

I admire you for staying strong tonight girl!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I have my weigh-in tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to it. I've been sick and I've eaten some things that I shouldnt on this diet but I was trying to fuel my body with good stuff so I could get better (OJ, chicken soup)

I considered canceling my appointment again because I already know I am going to get scolded, but thats kind of what this is all about right? Accountability!

Fingers crossed I didnt totally sabotage myself. I still feel like poop. I'm on day 3 of a really awful cold

But I guess, at least it's not the stomach flu right? Gotta find a silverlining somewhere
Old 04-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
grfxgirl - Have you tried a nettie pot? Not sure of that's the right way to spell it, but it looks like a little tea pot and they sell them at most drug stores. I am prone to sinus infections and this has made a huge difference for me. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Barb
Have not tried it..kind of scared of it to be perfectly honest, but I am almost ready to try anything to feel better. Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Irina - you will get this weight back off, you have come so far - I know personally for me your numbers and posts were such a motivation to me....you can do it!

Those who asked about knowing our goal weight/when to enter maintenance - I started with a goal size, I knew I wanted to be a 10 because that's what I was on my honeymoon when I was 23 and thought that was a far reach. I knew though that if I could get to a small 12 I would be very happy. Well, the 12's came and went...and then the 10's....and now at a size 8 I want my weight under 160. I do still have belly flab (2 c-sections with pregnancies resulting in 10 1/2 lb babies I don't think'll ever get rid of that). But finding your goal is a process...you know when you know.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Have not tried it..kind of scared of it to be perfectly honest, but I am almost ready to try anything to feel better. Thanks!!
Don't fear the netti pot! I use one ane once you get the hang of it you will love it.

Day two has gone well, I seem a little hungrier then yesterday and ate an extra ounce of meat then I should have.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla1960 View Post
My clinic has me on a 1200 calorie plan. Is this what you guys are on, or does it vary by how much weight you have to lose? Also, since I started taking the fat burner, appetite suppressant and water pill, I perspire alot. My DH thinks it is my body burning the fat. It's not the same as my hot flashes, so I know it's not that. I am struggling at work with food, so my goal is to start packing my lunch and dinner. I eat both at work since my hurs are 11am-7pm. I hope everyone is having a beautiful week-end!!
Anyone?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Anyone?
1200 for acute is atypical of mediweightloss clinics. This is what I wrote earlier today to Kristine. Talk to your specific clinic. Maybe there is a misunderstanding.

Kristine, wrote: "On week two is it still 500 calories of protein and then just 2 cups salad/veggie (or 1 cup fruit/1 cup veg)? Do I have this right?"

I responded: Yes, this is true of week 2 through the time you make goal.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Thanks so much Deb The guideline they gave me to follow says 1200 calories, I will ask though. I haven't been eating that much though. Any thoughts on the perspiring?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Thanks so much Deb The guideline they gave me to follow says 1200 calories, I will ask though. I haven't been eating that much though. Any thoughts on the perspiring?
Deb, Keri, Rachel, thank you for your support. I do need to be reminded all the time about my accomplishments (becoming complacent is not a good thing). It's like so easy to lose focus when your normal routine gets broken.

Rachel, you look great, huge difference, seriously. You are so good about understanding the program, down to very little detail, like dairy servings, etc I don't think I ever followed that accurately. Good for you. I kind of kept around 800 cal protein,very little carb (no fruit) and exercised like a madman.

Keri, you are an inspiration for me on how to do maintenance. You seem to be in control most of the time.

Deb, I am seeing a doctor tomorrow and hopefully he will let me start some exercising - it is just still painful to bend my foot. I was thinking may be I should start with swimming. My gym has a pool. Also I am going back to the clinic next week. I am dead serious about getting back to my goal. Please, hang on there, finish your chores and we will lose our combined 30 lb ( you have 15 lb to lose also, right? ) soon.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 04-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Irina, do you mind if I ask what kind of foot surgery you had? (Maybe I just missed it.) I need to have a bunion removed, but I am afraid of not being able to exercise during recovery. How long did they say you might have to wait to exercise? To swim? Just let it heal properly and then I know you'll hit the ground running! And get back on track in no time.

My April goal is to say hello to the 130's again then hit 135 and begin the slide into home. I was thinking that going to the clinic every other week for the last ten pounds would be good. Any opinions on that?

Rachel you look marvelous! Yes, there's a definite difference! But unlike some people (me!) you didn't carry your weight in your face. I thought your profile pic was an old one you were using as a goal! LOL And . . .why can't I get any of my pictures to show up anywhere on this site?

Best of luck (and keep up the good, hard work) for everyone on their April goals!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 04-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
The red Jacket pic is from New Year's Ever 12/31/10. This is the picture that made me realize my weight had gotten out of control.
2nd Pic is from last night. I have to be honest I can see some change, but not nearly what other people say. What do you girls think?
You can definitely tell a difference - you look like a whole new woman! Congrats on your accomplishments so far!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
[QUOTE=Ronism;14530544]Irina, do you mind if I ask what kind of foot surgery you had? (Maybe I just missed it.) I need to have a bunion removed, but I am afraid of not being able to exercise during recovery. How long did they say you might have to wait to exercise? To swim? Just let it heal properly and then I know you'll hit the ground running! And get back on track in no time.

Thank you, Roni, for your encouraging words. I had a huge bunion problem and also hummertoe. The food was really deformed. After the surgery they they did not let me put weight on it for 2 weeks so I was on crutches, then another 4 weeks I could walk (from my bed to kitchen and bacthroom) but putting my foot flat, the foot was kept in the dressing, plus it is my right foot so I could not drive. Now they removed the dressing but the foot is very swollen, I needed to get bigger sneakers. I can go out but it is very painfil to bend the foot so I tend to still put it flat. It's been 7,5 weeks and I have not exercised at all. I knew going in to this that it will be a challenge and it was I have done the other foot already with decent result 4 years ago and the whole complete recovery took 6 months (when all swelleng is gone, etc) I just thought this is a good time to do the other foot - I lost weight, feel good, not getting younger... It is just we easily forget all that was unpleasant or painful...As my doctor said there 100 ways to skin this cat - there are so many different ways how they do this surgery, depending on a patient, so yours may not be as extensive. The benefits of having it done are huge, I can tell you that.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenpryde
Stats: 172/145.5/110
Start Date: 02/26/11
I am hoping to continue losing at the same rate. I hope to be at 148 by the end of the month. I have been losing 3 pounds a week but I have only lost fat and my water weight has stayed the same. I have a hard time getting enough to eat. Has anyone tried the Oh Yeah shakes? I haven't asked the clinic about them but they look like they should be okay.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Girls thanks for the reassurance! I guess I just thought that after losing 32lbs, I would have gone down more than 1 pants size; HOWEVER, now that I think about that I realize that I was squeezing into the 18. So really I should have been in a 20 probably, so now I'm in a 16. Come on 14!! I find it comical that I have 18, 16, 14, 12 size pants in 1 house, in 1 bedroom LoL
I have to agree with you on the size thing. I also went shopping over the weekend because I've lost 40.8 pounds and I wanted to buy some new pants. I was pretty discourage when the size 14 didn't fit comfortably. I just didn't want to buy a size 16 so I bought a handbag instead. I know that I have to start exercising more to firm up. But we have to stay encouraged and celebrate every pound lost and congrats on your 32 pounds lost.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
My weight goal for April is 10 lbs. I am probably 160-161 ish now (weigh in is tomorrow so I will know "officially" then) so if I can get to 150-151 ish by the end of the month, I will be happy.

I am also changing my goal to 140..will let the clinic know tomorrow I think.

My exercise goal is to progress through the freeway to 10k training program. I have not really run that much in March and I need to get that back on track.

Have a 12 mile obstacle course to complete in December (Tought Mudder) and I think I may shoot for a half marathon in October as a checkpoint for the Tough Mudder. I am going to keep on track with the 10k training and should be able to run 10k non stop(6.2 miles) by the end of June. That leaves me July, August, September (14ish weeks) to go from 10k to half marathon... Seems a little steep... but I am not looking to get a great time in the half marathon.. I just want to get through it without the pacing van picking me up lol so I think the goal is reasonable.

Ok, so those goals extend a bit past april... but april is my jumping off point!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
My goal for April is basically the same as March. I want to exercise at least 4 days a week. I need to start journaling every day to make sure that I stay within my allowable calorie count. I would like to get into onederland my end of month.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Just thought I'd share the low point of my day . . . This is the downside to eating all this protein and living in Florida: Apparently the storms/tornadoes that went through our area on Thursday took out the deep freeze in our garage.
:-(
Unfortunately I only discovered it this morning, as I was unpacking $400 worth of Sam's Club groceries. (Which were, of course, mostly meat/fish, and BTW do not fit into my inside fridge/freezer.)

Gotta go find my rubber gloves . . .
~Roni
Closed Thread