Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
oh....can I tell you how delicious q u e st bars are. Make sure you get your free trial. I really enjoyed them. High fiber too!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #392
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I really need help!!!!!!!! I have been on Medi (this time) since April 11th and have lost 12.7 pounds. The problem...it doesn't seem real. I have only had one person to comment on my weight loss but she knows what I am doing and may be just "looking" for a difference. When my boyfriend and I were out last night I asked him if he noticed anything different about me, his comment..."what am I suppose to notice, did you change your hair?" UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was even wearing a ponytail!!!!!!!! No one has noticed, I haven't had to buy an new clothes, I don't even know if I even really notice a difference anymore. What if there is something wrong with me and I will be trapped in this size body forever, no matter what the scale says! What if the scale is really wrong and my body is just in starvation mode and when I eat a full meal it all comes back! I know that sounds crazy but I think I am going crazy right now! I am working soooo hard and I want it soooo bad!!! I want to look smaller like you guys!!!! *tears*
When i was heavier and started to lose weight not one person noticed until I lost over 20 pounds. I also didn't change sizes until that point. Your weight loss is great!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I really need help!!!!!!!! I have been on Medi (this time) since April 11th and have lost 12.7 pounds. The problem...it doesn't seem real. I have only had one person to comment on my weight loss but she knows what I am doing and may be just "looking" for a difference. When my boyfriend and I were out last night I asked him if he noticed anything different about me, his comment..."what am I suppose to notice, did you change your hair?" UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was even wearing a ponytail!!!!!!!! No one has noticed, I haven't had to buy an new clothes, I don't even know if I even really notice a difference anymore. What if there is something wrong with me and I will be trapped in this size body forever, no matter what the scale says! What if the scale is really wrong and my body is just in starvation mode and when I eat a full meal it all comes back! I know that sounds crazy but I think I am going crazy right now! I am working soooo hard and I want it soooo bad!!! I want to look smaller like you guys!!!! *tears*
Probably because I'm so tall, I carried my weight pretty well too. No one noticed (except my husband) until I'd lost about 30 pounds and then EVERYONE noticed AND commented. It was almost embarrassing. After that, people noticed every two or three pounds. Just keep at at - you've lost a LOT already but everyone's body is different and loses from different areas in the beginning. VERY soon your secret will be out!!

Good luck and congrats on your loss!!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #394
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Hello everyone
Reporting my weigh in numbers. I lost 3.2 this week for a total of 24. I'm now in the beloved ONEderland
It is the weekend and my DH is on a golf trip, to ensure that I did not stray or find a reason to I made Thai chicken with PB2 in the crockpot. Now I have dinner for both nights and no need to even think of eating out or "just figuring something out" which in the past got me in trouble. Nope, staying on plan is what is on my agenda.

This morning I'm going to medi bootcamp again and I hope I'm not the only one there. Wednesday I went and was the only one and she said "let's run". Ugh I thought I was gonna puke. We ran/walked 3 miles 3 min on 2 off. But I finished and felt so great the next morning. The best feeling is when you push yourself to do something you think you can't do and then you do it. After your like , what was I so afraid of!? I guess for me it's two things , failing or not
finishing. So after figuring this out I think I'm gonna try to do something everyday that scares me. Maybe its running all the way to something small like wearing a sleeveless top IN PUBLIC

Thanks again for listening, this forum is very therapeutic.
PeaceTiffany
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hello everyone
Reporting my weigh in numbers. I lost 3.2 this week for a total of 24. I'm now in the beloved ONEderland
It is the weekend and my DH is on a golf trip, to ensure that I did not stray or find a reason to I made Thai chicken with PB2 in the crockpot. Now I have dinner for both nights and no need to even think of eating out or "just figuring something out" which in the past got me in trouble. Nope, staying on plan is what is on my agenda.

This morning I'm going to medi bootcamp again and I hope I'm not the only one there. Wednesday I went and was the only one and she said "let's run". Ugh I thought I was gonna puke. We ran/walked 3 miles 3 min on 2 off. But I finished and felt so great the next morning. The best feeling is when you push yourself to do something you think you can't do and then you do it. After your like , what was I so afraid of!? I guess for me it's two things , failing or not
finishing. So after figuring this out I think I'm gonna try to do something everyday that scares me. Maybe its running all the way to something small like wearing a sleeveless top IN PUBLIC

PeaceTiffany
Tiffany HURRAY for you! You've said it perfectly...."being afraid of failing, or not finishing"......so we NEVER start! My other fear was "looking foolish or stupid" I'm ashamed to say when I saw a really heavy person out riding a bike, or even walking (obviously for exercise) I would comment (NEVER to them, but to whomever I was with, or even just in my thoughts) some negative thing ......well NO MORE!! NOW I say "WAY TO GO" I admire that they are MOVING! Since I had such a negative impression of other heavy people, I ASSUMED everyone thought the same of me.....so that was what I told myself to make it OK to NOT get out and exercise, or try something new!

Since starting MEDI (over a year ago.....I completely MISSED my Medi-versary earlier this month) I have tried tandem skydiving (at age 59) and wear shorts (I haven't worn shorts in public EVER as an adult) and now wear sleeveless tops all the time because I like showing my TONED shoulders and arms, and I'm now training (C25K) to do a 5K in May. Up until a few weeks ago I have NEVER run before, not even as a child! I do the running out in public wearing shorts, sleeveless top, and a bandanna wrapped around my head because I sweat like a pig :blush: .......I don't CARE who sees me, and no longer worry what they think BECAUSE I'm out there doing SOMETHING!!! It may NOT be pretty, but it sure makes me feel GREAT, and proud of myself! BTW I'll be 60 in July......I neither FEEL it, or LOOK it!

Please keep up the great work, and keep posting here, you put a voice to many of my same thoughts!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 04-30-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Old 04-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #396
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Thank you all!

I would like to thank everyone for being soooo supportive. I'm now down 13 pounds and know that soon people will notice and I will have the confirmation of success that I so despirately want!

I have a family gathering today and will be seeing people who haven't seen me since I started losing weight. We will see if anyone says anything, if not...they will soon!

Thanks again all!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
YouTube - mediweightloss's Channel

My interview! Hope you enjoy!
Well done!!!!!
So glad you were able to talk about MWL!!!!!
You guys look great too!!!!

cindy
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hello everyone

PeaceTiffany
Really loved reading this post. I needed some mid-afternoon motivation to get me to the gym after working today, and then running errands. So thanks, because now I GOT it! Off to put on my new gym clothes and pump some iron
Old 04-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #399
Junior LCF Member

Mary- thanks for the kind words. You are so awesome......jumping out of an airplane!? Wow!That's Impressive woman! I'm taking baby steps here
Like I've always wanted to try public karaoke but my weight always held me back for fear of being made fun of. I have however, danced in public more recently, without liquid courage I might add! That was big for me.

It almost makes me angry how much of life I've missed out on due to weight. My husband and I were invited to go on a trip somewhere I forget where but all I heard was ZIP LINES and I shut it down real quick. All I could think of is the equipment not fitting or worse yet being told I was over the weight limit.

I intend on living life from now on. Going back to last week when everyone was talking about who if anyone we tell we are medi. I tell VERY few people. I can't explain why, except to say that somehow this time feels totally different. There's a quiet calm now. I know what I need to eat and that's it. I tell myself that I've already eaten all the CRAP I need in my lifetime. For now I'm content.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #400
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Really loved reading this post. I needed some mid-afternoon motivation to get me to the gym after working today, and then running errands. So thanks, because now I GOT it! Off to put on my new gym clothes and pump some iron
Yay! I love working out! It really does help. When I first started medi I wasn't sure I was going to be able to workout with so little calories. But I'm doing it and it feels great! Wearing new matching gym clothes makes it even more fun! So go on Swirveegrl get your workout on!!!!

Last edited by Enigma; 04-30-2011 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
okay I read this low carb recipe book while I was shopping at the yankee candle flagship store in Mass. I got a few good ideas and bought the stuff to make them.
Here's two of the ideas: eggplant "parm" roasted eggplant with goat cheese and parmigiana cheese.

I actually thought of this other thing myself to add to the eggplant or the next dish I am going to tell you about. (spinach mixed with a little ricotta and garlic and herb alouette cheese- makes a nice creamy spianch and you could put the eggplant or anything on top of it. I had this spinach tonight with my poached eggs...delicious!

The other thing was fettuccine zucchini- boil water and then throw in thinly sliced zucchini. Serve with a cream, butter, and parmigiana cheese.
I didn't make this one yet, but will try it out tomorrow.

I would think you could add some sort of meat to any of the above dishes too.

Okay so why am I writing about food? Today I went shopping- ALL DAY- and didn't get to eat the power crunch bar I took along got all sorts of melted and mushed in my bag. I was carrying it around for a few weeks...it took the trip to florida with me too- YUCKIEE. So I didn't eat all day and didn't want to eat anything at the food court at the outlets so I waited..... not the best idea, but I rather that then cheat. I did have a few nuts in my bag so I had that.

Just enjoyed my breakfast/lunch/dinner

Oh another thing that is low carb and good for a dessert- marscapone cheese. I got one that is tiramisu flavored and only 2 carbs!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come along and join us in the May thread! It is up and running!

**A Magnificent May for MWL! Come Along!**

Jo
Closed Thread