Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter! When everyone is eating chocolate goodies, just remember almonds are egg-shaped treats! LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Blessed Easter

I hope that everyone here had a Special Easter. It was a beautiful day here in RVA Sunny and 89 I had a SPLENDID SUPERB SUPER-DUPER weekend!
All this talk of losing sizes, so I will share mine. 2/3/11 I was SQUEEZING into an 18 pants, this weekend I fit COMFORTABLY into a size 14 capri pants I haven't worn in 4 years
I have been purging the closet, and replacing with clearence items from my favorite stores TJ MAXX and Macy's. I feel SEXY again. I even treated myself to 2 Victoria Secret's "Incredible" bras, which are incredibly beautiful and comfortable
I love reading everyone's success stories, and even more so I love reading how much better everyone feels!
I feel like a new woman, I feel like the "me" inside is beginning to shine brightly on the outside! I know miracles happen. I feel like a miracle is taking place inside of me. I no longer THINK about food all of the time, only when I'm feeling hungry. I don't have to constantly obsess about starting a diet TOMORROW, as I told myself nearly 1 million times before. I am changing. My relationship with food is changing. I feel more feminine, more attractive, more confident, and HAPPY. I pray for this jouney to continue, and to remain free of my obsession with food.
It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life, and I'm feeling GOOD
I love all of you here, being accountable, and helping me improve myself. I may not send personal messages, or respond directly to each of your here however, all of your posts help to direct my journey over the highest peaks, and the deepest valleys For anyone struggeling, I'd like to share that I read, read, read this board and the numerous threads here. There is a wealth of knowledge and helpful hints here at your disposal. This has been my greatest tool in achieving success, because I get the support that I have NEVER had in all of those failed dieting attempts of the past!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 04-24-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Swirveegrl,

Your new picture is beautiful. I can see the difference. Keep up the great job and you are correct it is a new dawn, a new day and a NEW LIFE.

Betty
Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I hope that everyone here had a Special Easter. It was a beautiful day here in RVA Sunny and 89 I had a SPLENDID SUPERB SUPER-DUPER weekend!
All this talk of losing sizes, so I will share mine. 2/3/11 I was SQUEEZING into an 18 pants, this weekend I fit COMFORTABLY into a size 14 capri pants I haven't worn in 4 years
I have been purging the closet, and replacing with clearence items from my favorite stores TJ MAXX and Macy's. I feel SEXY again. I even treated myself to 2 Victoria Secret's "Incredible" bras, which are incredibly beautiful and comfortable
I love reading everyone's success stories, and even more so I love reading how much better everyone feels!
I feel like a new woman, I feel like the "me" inside is beginning to shine brightly on the outside! I know miracles happen. I feel like a miracle is taking place inside of me. I no longer THINK about food all of the time, only when I'm feeling hungry. I don't have to constantly obsess about starting a diet TOMORROW, as I told myself nearly 1 million times before. I am changing. My relationship with food is changing. I feel more feminine, more attractive, more confident, and HAPPY. I pray for this jouney to continue, and to remain free of my obsession with food.
I love all of you here, being accountable, and helping me improve myself. I may not send personal messages, or respond directly to each of your here however, all of your posts help to direct my journey over the highest peaks, and the deepest valleys For anyone struggeling, I'd like to share that I read, read, read this board and the numerous threads here. There is a wealth of knowledge and helpful hints here at your disposal. This has been my greatest tool in achieving success, because I get the support that I have NEVER had in all of those failed dieting attempts of the past!
WOW I had to look to see your signature, I didn't recognize you.....what a change! BEAUTIFUL!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

We just returned from Jacksonville, and a GREAT Easter with both of our kids and their families! I was supposed to do week 4, day 1 of my C25K program on Saturday, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run for 5 minutes straight , so I put it off until Sunday morning. After getting a pep talk from DD and her BF (who completed this program a few weeks ago) I went out and I'm THRILLED to say I was able to complete it!!! HURRAY for ME! I'm SO glad I didn't let my self doubt take over completely! It was really nice running in a new area.....it made for a better distraction, plus running on a fairly well maintained sidewalk was much easier than running on a county road!

On another note DD and BF have both lost weight since we last saw them a month ago. DD said her dad, and I were the inspiration! She still has quite a ways to go, and will NEVER agree to join MWL, but at least they both have given up sugar, and highly processed foods. They are eating lots of FRESH veggies, and fruit. DD has also decided to go back and get her teaching degree. She already has one degree so this will only take about a year......I'm SO happy for her.

We also got more information about the 5K we will take part in May 21......it sounds incredible. It promotes stroke awareness. You can check it out at Never Quit Beach Fest I think we picked a great one for our first 5K!

Our DS and DIL hosted Easter dinner and it was great! I know I over did on carbs, but I'm happy to say they were all in the form of fresh veggies! NO CANDY....not even one chocolate bunny ear! No jelly beans, no peeps....I'm SO proud of myself! This had to be a FIRST!

On the down side, the AC on our old car "died" on the way up to Jacksonville (3 hours), so it was a pretty sweaty trip up and back! We forget how blessed we are to have AC!

Well off to drink more water!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Rachel - WOW!!!! That's all I have to say!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi y'all.......

You know what I LOVE about our group here????
All the wonderful support AND the BEST smiles

Seeing your smiling faces as you start MWL and then get closer to your goals are so inspirational to everyone on here. I'm so proud of all of you!!!

cindy

Reminder that this pic of me is a "before" pic
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
You look AMAZING!!! This was so much fun to read!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
back on track

Hi ladies, Just catching up on posts after a week of school vacation and houseguests. It was a busy and fun week, but after making lots of bad choices, I felt lousy today. Eating all the carbs just doesn't agree with me anymore. Reading your posts helped me remotivate and refocus. I am up on my scale, but still hoping to make my goal for April -- getting out of the
160s. I started week one today and plan to hit the exercise hard!

I loved reading your successes...from running, to shopping, to setting realistic goals, to fabulous new pictures! So happy I found this amazing group.

Barb
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Rachel - I just looked at the paneranutrition.com website. The steak salad would have been a good choice without the crispy onions, especially without the gorgonzola and a minimal amount of dressing. The onions were 22 grams of carbs!

I don't think it will derail your week too much, Just keep up the exercise and lots of water! Maybe the little bump in carb intake will shake up your metabolism a little bit... One can hope!

You are doing great and did the best you could in a tricky situation.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Suzanna Thanks!

Wow you just make me feel 100% better, because I picked nearly all of the "crispy" onions out of the salad! YaY!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Good morning ladies,
I just wanted to pop in to say hello. I hope everyone had a great Easter. I have weigh in in a couple hours. I have been on plan so it should be a good number. Have a great day!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Ladies! Good to see everyone doing so well after the holiday weekend! I dont have much to report, my scale has stayed the same but i can tell in my clothes things are changing, so for now, ill take that

Rachel: You look fantastic!

Ferrarimomof3: good luck! I am sure you do wonderful!

Good luck to everyone this week! We're really doing it!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
It sounds like everyone is doing great! I wish I could say the same about myself. I am afraid I have hit a really low point, and I do not mean in weight!

I had surgery last week and even though it was minor, I am having a hard time. I got on the scale today and I have gained 4 pounds. My wonderful husband has been responsible for meals for the past five days. Needlesstosay, I was so grateful for him taking care of everything, I did not worry about whether it was Medi friendly. I also know that alot of it is water due to the IV's and also the fact that I look and feel pregnant. But it is still hard to adjust. I have been my water and one Powerade Zero each day so much that I am sick of it. My activity is very limited for the next two weeks, (basically, sitting at my desk at work and doing basic household chores like cooking meals). I can not do any exercise until I go back to my doctor in two weeks. I have talked to others who have had the same surgery and some have said that it took about 6 weeks for the bloating to go away!

I have not been back to the clinic in two weeks and I think I am going to try to go rogue for the remaining weight loss. I have done this before and I should be able to do it again.

Oh well, enough of my venting. I have made up my mind that tomorrow, I am going to begin week 1 again and hopefully get back on track.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #345
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Weigh in day tomorrow for me. The month of April is almost over and my April Accomplishment I wanted to achieve now stares me in the face. I wanted to be in ONEderland by the end of this month. We shall see
Rachel- you are doing so awesome! You and Keri inspire me so much!!
I love the white linen pants look, I'll bet you looked great!

Mary-way to go on the c25k training! Wow! You are trucking along! I had to stop because of my knee. Hopefully as more weight comes off it will be easier.
For now I spin!

Wish me luck tomorrow with my date with Tantia
peace Tiffany
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Wow so good to hear all the weight loss success stories this month and I can include myself in there

KBhayward- don't worry about the momentary gain- it's your body trying to heal itself and adjust after something so traumatic as surgery. Hang in there those 4 lbs will vanish as quickly as they came.

In other news...finally my weight loss has caught up to my running. I have been waiting and waiting for my pace to get faster and finally yesterday I was able to run my mile in under 10 mins!!! That's about a 9:50 pace which is considerably lower than my usual average of about 10:38-11 depending on how I am feeling. This means that I can do my 3miler much quicker- theoretically!!! I have a race coming up in June that I hope I can get a better time than my previous best: 32:28.
Mary definitely keep up the great work- it's a wonderful feeling to see how far you have come once you get going. You can do it!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ckmom15
Stats: 163/163/135
WOE: mwl
Start Date: april 12, 2011
Can I just say I am soooo glad I found this place!!!! I have been sooo busy reading I don't think I've posted except for once. But thank you for all the helpful info on here! I can tell this place and you girls are going to be my best friends through out this journey!! lol

I had my 2 week weigh-in today and was down 2.6 lbs of fat, but only 1.4 on the scale. So some muscle swelling. I wanted to cry when she said 1.4 lbs.. But this is a new week and I still have to wait another week for fruit, but I am going to kick butt this week. (I hope)
Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Inches Lost

Happy Tuesday to all of you. I had a VERY motivating experience today at the gym, so I'd like to share it. I had my measurements taken, ALL over, 3/24. I have lost 9.5 inches as of today. I found this INCREDIBLY motivating. I'd also like to report that I have lost a total of 27.5 inches since this time last year!!!

I share this story to say that, the numbers on the scale don't always give us the reading we WANT, so keep in mind that having your measurments followed is another form of tracking your progress. My clinic only takes waist measurements, so I found it incredibly reassuring to track my progress from last month to this one via ALL measurements!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Swirveegrl- what do you do for exercise and how often? If I'm not being to personal
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I just wanted to jump and say hello. I am officially in maintance again, and I can tell that my stress level has gone way down. And this time I will do it right so that I don't have to restart.

I read up on everyone but don't have time to comment. Busy weekend, busy week ahead. Life keeps going on and on.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Wasn't it just last week or maybe the week before I was talking about being about 5 pounds or so over goal and staying there for the longest time? Well all that went out the window and I'm up, up, up! About 6 pounds over the already 5 pounds up. So seriously, a 6 pound gain in a week.

Things got crazy at home and I found myself stuffing everything I could find into my mouth. I can't even say it was like the "old" me, because I don't think I was ever this crazy and out of control before. It's like I forgot everything I learned or I don't care or I just "have to have it" or something. It's like a need a week of week 1, but don't feel like I have the discipline at all!! I'm afraid I can't get back on track. For several days in a row, I said, "THIS IS THE DAY" and it wasn't at ALL!!!

Anyone, can you help? Can you give me some suggestions? I'm truly fearful I'm going to gain it all back.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
On the down side, the AC on our old car "died" on the way up to Jacksonville (3 hours), so it was a pretty sweaty trip up and back! We forget how blessed we are to have AC!
It's like a guarantee, in Florida your AC will always break in April or May, never October or November. That's one way to rid of your water weight, sweat it off!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
It's like a guarantee, in Florida your AC will always break in April or May, never October or November. That's one way to rid of your water weight, sweat it off!
You are SO right! The problem is I get REAL cranky too!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Its been a while since I have been in here... just been swamped with work and everything else. I have been continuing to lose though. Spome weeks have been better than others, but all in all i am still losing.

At the weigh in last week I was down two more pounds, and up 2 lbs of water.... so next week should be good :-)

I have pretty much run out of "small" clothes that I can wear to work. I guess this means I am now smaller than I was when i graduated college and bought a work wardrobe. I have been scavenging for work appropriate clothes! I ordered a size 10 pants online and found they were too big when they arrived. I actually had to go into the store and exchange them for an 8 (I was a snug 16 at the start of this)! I have also been absolutely swimming in my bra's, so last night at the mall I got measured.. I was wearing a 36B and am now a 34C... I don't know how that worked out... but I am not complaining :-D

I am 18lbs away from my goal and can't believe it. The boyfriend is taking me on a cruise for my birthday in July and I am excited about showing off in a swim suit for the first time ever :-)

Keep up the good work everyone!

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 04-27-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Wasn't it just last week or maybe the week before I was talking about being about 5 pounds or so over goal and staying there for the longest time? Well all that went out the window and I'm up, up, up! About 6 pounds over the already 5 pounds up. So seriously, a 6 pound gain in a week.

Things got crazy at home and I found myself stuffing everything I could find into my mouth. I can't even say it was like the "old" me, because I don't think I was ever this crazy and out of control before. It's like I forgot everything I learned or I don't care or I just "have to have it" or something. It's like a need a week of week 1, but don't feel like I have the discipline at all!! I'm afraid I can't get back on track. For several days in a row, I said, "THIS IS THE DAY" and it wasn't at ALL!!!

Anyone, can you help? Can you give me some suggestions? I'm truly fearful I'm going to gain it all back.
Lea, my suggestion is to first start with what YOU can control....Take a deep breath and THINK........even if you ate nothing except carbs you DID NOT eat OVER 21,000 calories....this is NOT real weight.....it's water, you KNOW that....So calm your mind down (YOU have control of your thoughts) and start with drinking ALL of your water......PLAIN WATER. I don't know IF you have read the Secret, or the Power, but it's the Law of Attraction and it says that what you "send out" to the Universe (or God....you choose) you get back.....so IF you are SAYING/THINKING you are out of control, you WILL be out of control. Don't worry about anything in the past (not even seconds ago) just change your thoughts RIGHT NOW to positive thoughts....Think: You ONLY have positive thoughts, You ARE in control, You LOVE your PERFECT body (God doesn't make mistakes) You only want to feed your body what it needs to be perfect. You only want to give your body fresh pure perfect water. Say how thankful you are.....and start listing EVERYTHING you are thankful for....no matter how small. Be thankful that you have all of that great stuff you've been eating available to you (MANY people do not) Be thankful you have clean water (MANY people do not) ETC ETC

I hope you don't think I'm being "preachy" but this has helped me more times than I can count, AND I am SO THANKFUL for all of the inspiration I have received from YOU
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still working my way through the C25K program in preparation for a 5K at the end of May. Bill (AS USUAL) is doing HIS program to increase his endurance. When I tell him that my running workout is only 30 minutes, (and his is about an hour and a half), he can't believe I am progressing.....so today he went with me, and I KICKED HIS BUTT! He was able to do the first two 3 minute runs, as well as the first 5 minute run, but he couldn't do the last 5 minute run all the way! It WAS tough, running on this country road.....plus the heat and humidity was up, but I was THRILLED I did it! After we both jumped in the pool for the first time this season. Our pool is NOT heated, but it wasn't as cold as I thought it might be!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Lea, my suggestion is to first start with what YOU can control....Take a deep breath and THINK........even if you ate nothing except carbs you DID NOT eat OVER 21,000 calories....this is NOT real weight.....it's water, you KNOW that....So calm your mind down (YOU have control of your thoughts) and start with drinking ALL of your water......PLAIN WATER. I don't know IF you have read the Secret, or the Power, but it's the Law of Attraction and it says that what you "send out" to the Universe (or God....you choose) you get back.....so IF you are SAYING/THINKING you are out of control, you WILL be out of control. Don't worry about anything in the past (not even seconds ago) just change your thoughts RIGHT NOW to positive thoughts....Think: You ONLY have positive thoughts, You ARE in control, You LOVE your PERFECT body (God doesn't make mistakes) You only want to feed your body what it needs to be perfect. You only want to give your body fresh pure perfect water. Say how thankful you are.....and start listing EVERYTHING you are thankful for....no matter how small. Be thankful that you have all of that great stuff you've been eating available to you (MANY people do not) Be thankful you have clean water (MANY people do not) ETC ETC

I hope you don't think I'm being "preachy" but this has helped me more times than I can count, AND I am SO THANKFUL for all of the inspiration I have received from YOU
That right there, is why I love this place Well said Mary!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
THANK YOU, MARY!!! I know that this is all within my control, I just need to be reminded! For the last week I've felt OUT of control. But you're right - that's the vibe I'm putting out and panicking over and I need to reign that in right now. God has blessed me so richly in my life and I try to remember that every day - but I think I may have forgotten to be truly thankful, present in thought.

I did actually take a deep breath and it was a cleansing one. Thanks, friend, for the kind words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post

Old 04-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
When people notice that you have lost weight, do you tell them about medi? Just wondering, because I have heard so many people have negative opinions about it, mainly because of the appetite suppressant. I am tempted to keep it to myself!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla1960 View Post
When people notice that you have lost weight, do you tell them about medi? Just wondering, because I have heard so many people have negative opinions about it, mainly because of the appetite suppressant. I am tempted to keep it to myself!
I tell the people that I know that are not negative. The people that I know that always have too much opinion I don't.
Closed Thread