Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
This has been my strategy as well. I don't go in for the weigh-ins or shots anymore and I never started AS, so I didn't have to quit taking them! I've got some Fat Burners left, but I also stopped taking those about 2-3 weeks ago. I've just been going it alone food-wise, and exercising a LOT more. My problem over the past few days has been my almond cravings (just told my husband to hide them!), and I ate too much fruit, so I've been out of ketosis for 2 days now and I am worried about that. So, I'm doing week one again (with the exception of having a FEW lettuce leaves!) and trying to see if that works. Sigh... I really am confused about being out of ketosis. I haven't changed ANYTHING other than eating the extra piece of fruit and upping my exercise routine. I suppose that did it??? But in the past, I've had two pieces of fruit and that didn't kick me out of ketosis.

In any case, even with these questions, I don't plan to go back to the clinic and pay 70 bucks for the answers! You gals are pretty good at problem-solving and helping everyone else out!!!
I don't even test for ketosis anymore. I think I stopped around week 5. They ask me everytime I go, and I say I'm not testing. (Actually, I said " I don't like to play in me pee. I deal with urine enough when I'm on the clock getting paid to ) My clinic doesn't have a problem with that. They say as long as you are losing fat, it's fine not to test. I have also had them tell me that eventually some people stop showing ketosis on the test strips.

I really misbehaved over the weekend with my alcohol intake, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. It wasn't a piece of choclate cake after all, or potato chips. I'm mentioning this now, because I'm nervous about my weigh in tomorrow I've already drank 12 glasses of water today, LOL I'll try to fit a few more in before bed

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 04-20-2011 at 05:13 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I have a question for you guys. I have a slight problem with memory related to a car accident and have a question. My office is closed until Monday so hopefully someone here can help me. Seeing that this is my second go around with Medi I should remember this but...oh, well. On week 2 and ongoing, I know I have 500 calories from PROTEIN. However, the 25 carbs that I'm allowed, is that asside from the carbs in the 500 calorie protein? I know I can have 2 cups of vegies or 1 cup vegie and one cup fruit. I have been counting the 25 carbs as part of my protein and since they are lean protein, I never get near 25 and I seem to be eating less then I did last go around.
Also, I have been in ketosis continuously but haven't lost ANY weight in the last 4 days. Could this be to me getting the numbers wrong and not eating enough?
Please Help!
Humm ok... so lean protein doesn't have any carbs, so I'm not sure why you are counting that towards carbs? Unless you mean protein supplements, yogurt, almond milk, or other high protein recipes?
My understading is 500-700 protein cals, and 2 servings of vegetables, or 1 serving fruit and 1 serving vegetable.
For example: if you eat basic lean proteins all day, a low carb yogurt (~4carbs), fruit serving (~15 carbs), and a vegetable serving (~5 carbs); that will easily count for 20-25 carbs (depending on exact counts).
Make sure you include a 100 calorie fat serving. I know 1oz of peanuts has 6 carbs.
I suggest using an online tracker, to better help you calculate your carb intake. I believe I was bumped up on week 3 to 30-40 carbs/daily.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Keri

I really sympathize with your post tonight. One of my MAIN reasons for starting MEDI was to lose weight to be at a healthy weight for pregnancy. This may seem bizarre to some. I didn't want to be that girl that is 221lbs getting pregnant to end up weighing 300lbs at the end of it. I'm sure most everyone reading this, is aware of all of the risks associated with becoming pregnant when you are obese. At my last annual appointment my Obgyn told me that due to my weight, she would not want me to gain any more than 10lbs if I became pregnant.
I get very scared when I think about losing all of this weight to reach goal, and then gaining all of it back when I get pregnant. I've never been pregnant, so I don't understand all the cravings and other changes that take place physically/mentally.
I'm hoping that learning the right foods to eat and really making this a permanent change will work for me. Ideally, you are only supposed to gain 20-30 lbs when pregnant, if you are at a healthy weight. This is what I've been told by my OBGYN. I was also told by her that you shouldn't get pregnant immediately after losing a lot of weight, because there is a risk of losing the pregnancy research suggest. Has anyone else heard this? There is not a clear understanding why, but the numbers exist.
Keri any input would be appreciated I know you were overflowing with pride at your tremendous weight loss accomplishment. I find great motivation from you, and I hope to follow your example.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 04-20-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am pretty sure that after my appt on Friday I am going to flip back into maintance no matter what the numbers on the scale show. I weighted myself at home tonight (I know you're not suppose to do that), and I was the same as a few weeks ago. I have eaten 100% perfect to week one eating, for 3 days now. I am in ketosis, and still nothing. And honestly I am okay with the low 130's and my size 6's. My BMI was 24.2 My percentages were all well within the normal range. So it was just a dream to get into the 120's but I just don't think it makes much since for me. I can't keep paying $70 each week for no or little changes. I am trying to be at peace with this.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am pretty sure that after my appt on Friday I am going to flip back into maintance no matter what the numbers on the scale show. I weighted myself at home tonight (I know you're not suppose to do that), and I was the same as a few weeks ago. I have eaten 100% perfect to week one eating, for 3 days now. I am in ketosis, and still nothing. And honestly I am okay with the low 130's and my size 6's. My BMI was 24.2 My percentages were all well within the normal range. So it was just a dream to get into the 120's but I just don't think it makes much since for me. I can't keep paying $70 each week for no or little changes. I am trying to be at peace with this.
It may not help for me to say this, but I think you're amazing and have already accomplished SO MUCH!!! It may not be YOUR goal, though, so I don't want to disregard that, but I have to say that your numbers are phenomenal and show incredible health and fitness. These are dream numbers, quite frankly, that many of us are still trying to get to, so please don't beat yourself up about anything at all!!!! I haven't worn a size 6 in about 25 years!!!! You've been an incredible inspiration for all of us! I totally get the feeling of not wanting to pay for clinic visits, since I'm not doing that right now myself, but you should feel great about all you have accomplished and then decide if you want to keep going.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Swirveegrl,

Thanks for the help. This sums up everything except why I'm still in ketosis and haven't lost weight in 4 days? With the stress of other things in my life right now, this is making me want to grap a candy bar!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I don't even test for ketosis anymore. I think I stopped around week 5. They ask me everytime I go, and I say I'm not testing. (Actually, I said " I don't like to play in me pee. I deal with urine enough when I'm on the clock getting paid to ) My clinic doesn't have a problem with that. They say as long as you are losing fat, it's fine not to test. I have also had them tell me that eventually some people stop showing ketosis on the test strips.

I really misbehaved over the weekend with my alcohol intake, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. It wasn't a piece of choclate cake after all, or potato chips. I'm mentioning this now, because I'm nervous about my weigh in tomorrow I've already drank 12 glasses of water today, LOL I'll try to fit a few more in before bed
I hope you're right--thanks so much for this information! I'll try not to obsess over the pee-stick! At least I ditched the almonds for ONCE today. Told my husband to hide them because I really had just gone overboard with them. I know I'm in hormonal mode right now (though it's hard for me to tell when it will END since I've had a hysterectomy!!! ). But the cravings are worse, I feel a bit more bloated, and of course, I have a pimple on my cheek--at my age! Trying to just get through this cycle of hormonal madness (I still have my ovaries), and then I'll feel better, I hope! Hang in there and good luck tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
Swirveegrl,

Thanks for the help. This sums up everything except why I'm still in ketosis and haven't lost weight in 4 days? With the stress of other things in my life right now, this is making me want to grap a candy bar!
You're Welcome! Don't grab the candy bar, you will beat yourself up and regret it big time and it will add to your stress level. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and you MUST drink your electrolytes. You should stay off of the scale as much as possible. It's a mental tug of war. You will find that you will have a "swoosh" and the numbers will drop. Hang on to MEDI, follow it, it IS the ONE that works
Old 04-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Hellooo from sunny Florida! As Mary said the weather has been beautiful here. I am visiting my Mom on my break and totally enjoying the warmth that was non-existent in New York.
Oh it's been so nice jogging in the morning and swimming after that. I have been drinking an obscene amount of water. I find when I come here I can't stop drinking water...my thirst is never quenched..it's strange really. I am not hot, but this happened last summer when my boyfriend and I drove down here.

Although I have had small cheats- a bite of my mom's dessert at dinner last night and a few carbsmart bars (although probably not a cheat, but I try not to have any of that stuff cause I'll just go "hog wild")....my mom's scale, although off by 3lbs- in my favor- is still showing s loss!!! So we shall see when I return what the TANITA scale of wonders reads Sorry I am reading Water for Elephants and maybe being influenced by the circus atmosphere

Glad to read all is going well for everyone- I just wanted to pop in and say hello! Oh and there are far more Medi clinics here in Florida....(there's only one in all of NY
When I return home I am doing a 500 protein week for good measure.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Lins - you are SO right on with this way of thinking! I kept lowering my goal weight (from 160 down to 145). I hit goal in August and maintenance has been really hard for me. Without much effort at all but being true to maintenance, I hover around 151 to 153. I've been killing myself trying to get back to 145 and I'd like to be even lower, but the truth is, this low 150's might be my body's "natural" weight. I think my BMI is currently at 22.4 or something and the clinic keeps telling me that's low enough. I'd LIKE to be 140 - but what it's doing to my mind is really not worth it.

I agree that the 120's probably isn't going to be the best place for you. You're healthy, your numbers are good, you're probably VERY solid with muscle and you're back down to your original goal weight. Maintenance sounds PERFECT for you!! I'm trying to regroup my thoughts today about letting go of that 145 number I have in my head. I'm really, REALLY struggling with the mindset of it all. All of this frustration for 6 to 8 pounds??? It doesn't change the size of my clothes and no none but me can even see the difference. Is it really worth it? It isn't, but I'm still having a hard time letting it go. I hope you can do it, cause you can inspire me!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Good morning everyone,
I have been on here off and on. Now, that my life seems to be getting back to some normalacy I hope to be on everyday and get to know you all better. This is a great source of info and encouragement. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ttpharmd
Stats: 178.5/166.5/155
Start Date: Restarted 2/15/13
Quote:
I agree with the others. Lins, you are such an inspiration! I have learned a lot from reading your posts about workouts while on Medi. Perhaps you have hit a weight plateau? If you are exercising the same amount each week for a while your metabolism will adjust to that. It will learn how to burn just enough fat to fuel your needs but conserve the rest for 'storage'.
Just an idea...
I think your stats are great!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #313
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kam1814
Stats: 257/233/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 29, 2011
Hello All, I had a question for you guys. I've been on the plan for about 3 weeks now. During that time, I've had a net loss of about 13lbs. I was actually feeling pretty good because even thought the overall number wasn't outstanding, my fat loss was 18lbs which decreased my percentage of fat by about 5%. I assumed this was due to being in ketosis for 2.5 weeks and exercising every day. My clothes fit better, I have a ton more energy and I'm feeling great after only three weeks.

So, what's the problem? My clinic wants me to cut down on the exercise so I can lose weight faster. Right now I'm doing 30 mins of cardio every day and 15 mins of strength training every day. They'd like me to reduce that by half. I see their point. If I just lose fat and don't gain muscle, I will have a higher overall weight loss. My fear is, right now exercise has become a part of my daily schedule and if I cut back, it will be easier to start slacking off. Most of you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have and I've seen some really amazing stats on this board. What do you think?

thanks
Kam
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1814 View Post
Hello All, I had a question for you guys. I've been on the plan for about 3 weeks now. During that time, I've had a net loss of about 13lbs. I was actually feeling pretty good because even thought the overall number wasn't outstanding, my fat loss was 18lbs which decreased my percentage of fat by about 5%. I assumed this was due to being in ketosis for 2.5 weeks and exercising every day. My clothes fit better, I have a ton more energy and I'm feeling great after only three weeks.

So, what's the problem? My clinic wants me to cut down on the exercise so I can lose weight faster. Right now I'm doing 30 mins of cardio every day and 15 mins of strength training every day. They'd like me to reduce that by half. I see their point. If I just lose fat and don't gain muscle, I will have a higher overall weight loss. My fear is, right now exercise has become a part of my daily schedule and if I cut back, it will be easier to start slacking off. Most of you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have and I've seen some really amazing stats on this board. What do you think?

thanks
Kam

I say keep doing what you're doing. If you're okay with your weight loss rate, that's what matters. I understand about fat burning zones vs. endurance, but if you've already incorporated this into your daily schedule and made this a lifestyle choice for you, I wouldn't change it just to lose the weight faster. In the long run, you'll still lose everything you're supposed to lose and you'll be that much more "fit" AND you'll be more likely to stick with exercising forever! Congrats on your stats.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Lea. What you say makes sense. If I lose weight without making some real life style changes, I'll probably wind up gaining the weight back and you're right, if I stay on plan, I'll still lose the weight, it just may not be as fast.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1814 View Post

thanks
Kam
I don't know why this sounds strange to me... It would seem that by gaining muscle, you would actually lose more fat, because muscle burns fat. In fact, aren't we always told to do strength training so we can build up muscle and burn fat?? But I'm NO FITNESS EXPERT at all. I just think that anybody who has built in a nice 45 minute workout routine should be applauded and encouraged to keep going. It's not just about the numbers on the scale but overall health and fitness. I have found that as I upped my exercise, the weight came off even faster. And I am hoping that as it drops, I won't be as saggy/droopy because I'm trying to tone up as I lose the pounds. I really am confused by their advice, but again, I am absolutely not an expert!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #317
Junior LCF Member

thanks Chocolatefan. anyone who is only 8lbs away from goal after only 3 months is an expert in my book
Old 04-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Keep up with the exercise even if that means slower loss. In the long run exercise is what will keep you in maintance. If you have an exercise plan that works for you and you are happy with then who cares how fast you lose the weight. The goal with Medi is to yes lose weight, but it's also to get healthy.

I have changed up my eating, and I have changed up my exercise, and I still sit right around the same weight, which is anywhere from 132-135. I think I am stressing myself out too much over that magic number of the 120's. It's a numbers game to me right now, and not a "healthy" game which just seems crazy. And Lea you are exactly right, I am the only one that's going to notice the 5-8lb difference. I am not going to drop into a size 4. So why stress out so much over it. I am healthy, my numbers look great, I feel great, and I enjoy getting dressed every morning. Now I just need to learn to be at peace with myself. No I don't look perfect, but I've had 3 kids, and come from a family who battles with their weight. This is me, and I've worked too hard to get frustrated over a number.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Keep up with the exercise even if that means slower loss. In the long run exercise is what will keep you in maintance. If you have an exercise plan that works for you and you are happy with then who cares how fast you lose the weight. The goal with Medi is to yes lose weight, but it's also to get healthy.

I have changed up my eating, and I have changed up my exercise, and I still sit right around the same weight, which is anywhere from 132-135. I think I am stressing myself out too much over that magic number of the 120's. It's a numbers game to me right now, and not a "healthy" game which just seems crazy. And Lea you are exactly right, I am the only one that's going to notice the 5-8lb difference. I am not going to drop into a size 4. So why stress out so much over it. I am healthy, my numbers look great, I feel great, and I enjoy getting dressed every morning. Now I just need to learn to be at peace with myself. No I don't look perfect, but I've had 3 kids, and come from a family who battles with their weight. This is me, and I've worked too hard to get frustrated over a number.
Bravo!!! Well-said!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Rachel - your reason for starting Medi is not bizarre to me at all, it was my reason too. When I got pregnant with my first I weighed 195, about a size 14. Gained 30 lbs with her, lost maybe 10 lbs after. With my 2nd I gained 14 lbs, came home from the hospital weighing less than the day I got pregnant though. Then the weight just kept coming and coming. Until we begin talking about our 3rd and I knew I was not going to get pregnant at 260 lbs, despite how healthy both of my pregnanciw were...no complications getting pregnant, blood pressure, gestational diabetes...none of it. The dr's even said my weight had nothing to do with the size of my babies (10 1/2 lbs) that was purely genetic (DH and I were both 9 1/2, my brother was almost 11, my dad 12 lbs - of 6 kids my grandmothers smallest was 10 lbs and she was early!). So, my motivation was to lose to be at a healthy weight to get pregnant....and thought since I had no trouble conceiving with the 1st too, this would happen even faster.

My ob/gun was really helpful this week - and despite my having floated between all of the dr's in the practice for past pregnancies, I will solely see him the next time around just because of his relationship with Medi. He said when pregnant, the biggest thing is to remain active....during the first trimester when you feel very drained, just take a walk. Then pick up your activity when you can. He said a healthy pregnant body can handle the same levels of cardio long into pregnancy....don't start trying to jog, but if you were a runner you can continue, if you are a walker/biker/swimmer then do it.

He also talked about how there is no rule that says you can't do Medi again if you have to once you have recovered. And what I liked most, was that if you are AWARE of this from the start - it's half the battle. We now have the tools to be healthy - and there is no greater reason to remain eating healthy then to support you unborn baby.

With that said, I am still sooooo scared! I talked about this with a friend the other day too - who has always yo-yo'ed with weight and has 2 kids. She basically asked why it would scare me - with both pregnancies I had no trouble giving up caffeine, alcohol, deli meats, etc ALL for th good of the baby, so why can't I pass up unhealthy carbs too??

It's a mind game, one we WILL win! You are quite inspirational yourself,I always look forward treading your posts!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Apologizing for all of the typo's in last post.....my iPad is not cooperating tonight!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Week 12 here I come!

Wanted to update my stats quickly before bed. I hope to write a more detailed post tomorrow. My weigh in was successful. Only 1lb on the scale, but 2.5lb fat loss. I love it! I feel so motivated, like my prayers have finally been answered

I truly love this board, thanks to the creator, and all of you actively participating, giving me something to look forward to daily
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
I hope you're right--thanks so much for this information! I'll try not to obsess over the pee-stick! At least I ditched the almonds for ONCE today. Told my husband to hide them because I really had just gone overboard with them. I know I'm in hormonal mode right now (though it's hard for me to tell when it will END since I've had a hysterectomy!!! ). But the cravings are worse, I feel a bit more bloated, and of course, I have a pimple on my cheek--at my age! Trying to just get through this cycle of hormonal madness (I still have my ovaries), and then I'll feel better, I hope! Hang in there and good luck tomorrow!!!!
I know what you mean about this hormonal thing. I love the weight loss with this diet but having this issue with my hormones is absolutely driving me INSANE. I feel that my period is coming on but it won't. I'm bloaty, have cramps, headache and the worst moods ever. I feel like I want to cry and for no reason. I just want this to end and like you I don't know when. Until January I didn't have a period in 2 years and haven't had one since January or the symptoms until 2 weeks ago. Right now I just want the period to come on so that I can get back to normal.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
I weighed in and was down 3 more pounds and it is that time of month so I am really happy. I have been busy and am really stressed out right now but am sticking to the program really well which isn't like me during these times.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Heading up to Jacksonville tomorrow....have a very wonderful Easter weekend everyone
Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Going out tonight in a NEW DRESS!! I usually don't even DO dresses because it was always so hard to find one that fit. So it was usually a pair of black pants and some top. But tonight...I've got a great new dress to wear and we're going out to listen to jazz and be with friends. Is that really ME in the mirror???? Still not at my goal, and I really need your support to keep going, but this feels pretty good!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Kam, I agree with everyone about the continuing exercise. Seems like
You'll be on a much healthier path a maintenance, already exercising in the healthy
Way that you are!

Rachel, congrats on your loss, and thanks for all you do for us on this board. I look in the mirror every once in awhile, and say, "bye bye, jiggly stuff", quoting you and laughing!

Keri and Rachel, not exactly the same issues, but I had four miscarriages, and was at a low (understandably). I gained a lot of weight and then decided to get healthy again. My fifth pregnancy was high risk with four months of bed rest, but the fact that I was eating so healthfully and in decent shape helped weather that---perhaps mentally even more than physically. (oh, my little five year old joy from that just bounced out the door to go ice skating.) I also found that healthy baby was a huge positive motivator, so I ate well... I think the fears you express are so normal, but my belief, for you, and my hope, for me is that the medi approach promotes healthy lifestyle---for you all pre, during and post pregnancy. And for me, as I move forward in my future---wanting to be a healthy mom, with better health, mobility, and energy!

As for my appt., I GAINED 2 lbs!the tanita indicated .5 fat loss, but 3 pound water gain...I am on my TOM (longest one in history it feels!), didn't sleep well last week, and worked like a fiend. So, today I start exercising and tracking cals and water (again). I ate on plan last week, but sloppily, and without enough water.

And kam: jazz and new dress! Hope you had a wonderful time!

I did get my highlights yesterday And shopped for my new dress. Down 1 or 2 sizes depending on the brand. This dress was to be a splurge---so I went to two ladies clothing stores. Talbots clothes are still too tailored for curvy me ( and jiggly me!).
the one thing at choices fit and made me feel like "wow! Weight loss!", but even at 40% off was way out of my budget. So, I went to my old standby TJ Maxx, and found
INSTANTLY a sexy-smart dress for $29 bucks that fits me like a dream, and will work for work (think cardigan over top) or eve (think dangly jewelry).

I'm motivated for my NEXT 20 pounds!!! And off to the gym I go.

Happy Easter and Joyful Passover; may spring continue to bring new beginnings
For us all! Peace and love, LBeetle
Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Okay I am back from Florida and WOW..what a great weight loss..I am so stinkin' proud of myself. It must be all that sunshine..no matter how much vit. D I take- nothing compares to the real thing..plus being with your mom and relaxing always helps! Yippie! Now every number I see below this will be NEW! I can't believe it, I will see a one in the front of my weight in my lifetime!!!! This has been a goal of mine FOREVER!!!!
Can't say I am enjoying this rain I have come home to but it's nice to be in my space. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaann
Stats: 190/173/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/1/11
Even though I haven't lost much i am changing sizes, I went dress shopping today for a reunion and usually leave the dress department in tears because nothing fits or looks good on me. I tried on six dresses and they ALL looked good and fit! I just had to pick the best one. And the best part is that it was in the regular sizes not the plus ones. I am going work extra hard this next three weeks so I will look even better.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
It feels so good to go shopping for new clothes now 2 sizes down from when I started!! Have a great Easter everyone!!
Closed Thread