Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Day 2, need advice on cottage cheese

So far I havent starved to death, but am worried about the cootage cheese thing. They said that i could have the lowfat cottage cheese but according to the container, it still has a few carbs. Actually, for the whole little container it is 6 grams of carbs and 90 cals. Yesterday was my first day and my carb total was 9. Is that a total disaster? What should it be for the first wk. Please dont say "0". Also, about all these pills. Really? Any of them totally un-necessary? Or is now the time to kick the phobia of swallowing large pills?
Thanks for the guidance. You veterens are worth your weight in gold for us newbies.
ForHisGlory is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHisGlory View Post
So far I havent starved to death, but am worried about the cootage cheese thing. They said that i could have the lowfat cottage cheese but according to the container, it still has a few carbs. Actually, for the whole little container it is 6 grams of carbs and 90 cals. Yesterday was my first day and my carb total was 9. Is that a total disaster? What should it be for the first wk. Please dont say "0". Also, about all these pills. Really? Any of them totally un-necessary? Or is now the time to kick the phobia of swallowing large pills?
Thanks for the guidance. You veterens are worth your weight in gold for us newbies.
I eat a LOT of cottage cheese, and have since week 1. Weigh and measure, and enjoy. I have it for breakfast sometimes, with cinnamon, and splenda mixed in....mmmmmm.

As far as the pills go I'd say "get over it" I'm an RN, and taught a lot of people how to swallow pills.....first of all you have to know that you swallow bigger pieces of food every day, with NO PROBLEMS, so you CAN swallow these pills! Next have your mouth wet first, then put the pill in the mid area of your tongue, keep your head in a NEUTRAL position.....DO NOT DO NOT, do not hold your head back, or "throw it back" once the water is in your mouth. That only makes the opening to your throat smaller! Keep it neautral, and start drinking water. The pill will go down.

NOW it's your choice to take the pills, but at least now you know you CAN. I'd recommend them. I take them and many more all in one big handful

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Thanks Mary. needed to know that I was safe with the cottage cheese. I too, look forward to it daily. Congrats on your HUGE weightloss!! ANd as for the pills...Like they say, JUST DO IT, huh? Well, so far I have gotten them all down and have totally decided that its all in my head, along with the "need" to over eat so away with the whole rotten attitude. Thanks for the great advice. I will never take pills with my head back again.
ForHisGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
ForHisGlory,

I found FiberOne Cottage Cheese Fat Free and with fiber! I love having my cottage cheese, I was told it was okay during first week and acute.
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
ForHisGlory(by the way... love the name

I had NEVER EVER eaten cottage cheese before Medi. I thought I didn't like it.
Well... it is my new best friend!! I have it for breakfast every morning.
With a little splenda and a little of the Hazlenut sugarfree syrup...YUM!!
I also need a little fiber in my diet since starting Medi... so I have the
granulated spoonable Benefiber and I just mix that in too. (You never know it's there).

I hope this helps. Hang in there!!

Last edited by suthrn grl; 04-02-2011 at 06:28 PM..
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine
i am on my 4th week .... medi weight loss diet and have lost 19.5lbs ... can i introduce greek yogurt for breakfast with some walnuts .... it would be plain yogurt ... i'm not a fan of cottage cheese and i am not an egg eater ....HELP ,,,,
Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
i am on my 4th week .... medi weight loss diet and have lost 19.5lbs ... can i introduce greek yogurt for breakfast with some walnuts .... it would be plain yogurt ... i'm not a fan of cottage cheese and i am not an egg eater ....HELP ,,,,
Yes, you can have 1 serving of NON-FAT GREEK Yougurt. My clinic told me that it is allowed even during week1 which is new (last year they did not alow it, only cottage cheese)
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote