Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Finally
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
New here :)

Hello all! I started with Medi on Tuesday. I am excited but am here on the board because I'm struggling and need some support. I am so hungry, and have already almost caved and binged 3 times. Last night I was in bed crying because my stomach hurt so much.

I am eating as much as I'm supposed to, and they started me on a half tab of the suppressant, but I went ahead and upped it to 1 tab 3x a day because I'm desperate. I don't want to ruin all of the hard work I've already gotten under my belt in 3 days time. I'm going in this afternoon for my booster injections, but I was hoping someone would have some words of advice? I don't like feeling like this, and I'm sure it's not normal.

Off to drink some more water...
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
Hello all! I started with Medi on Tuesday. I am excited but am here on the board because I'm struggling and need some support. I am so hungry, and have already almost caved and binged 3 times. Last night I was in bed crying because my stomach hurt so much.

I am eating as much as I'm supposed to, and they started me on a half tab of the suppressant, but I went ahead and upped it to 1 tab 3x a day because I'm desperate. I don't want to ruin all of the hard work I've already gotten under my belt in 3 days time. I'm going in this afternoon for my booster injections, but I was hoping someone would have some words of advice? I don't like feeling like this, and I'm sure it's not normal.

Off to drink some more water...
we're VERY glad to have you here. This is a great place to come for support.............everything you feel now, or probably will feel in the future has been felt by SOMEONE, so just know you are NOT alone

Probably one of the first things you'll see is that every MWLC seems to be a little different. Some of that is each Doctors "take" on this weightloss, and their own beliefs, and some of it is that they are modifying the diet to fit YOUR needs. So while MY clinic had me taking a whole AS 3 times a day from day 1, there may be something in your medical history that they felt you should only take 1/2 of the AS at a time......OR maybe that's the way they start EVERYONE

Make sure you are gettting ALL of your water in EVERY day. Also if they told you to drink something like 16 oz of PowerAid Zero daily make sure you get AT LEAST that amount. I found that drinking something hot seemed to help. Hot tea with splenda and a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk seemed to make my stomach THINK it was being fed. Also try a cup of chicken broth, that really helped too.

MY clinic gave us a log book that listed the foods that were OK to eat, as well as giving us a paper "shopping list". They also gave us a sheet that talked about serving size.....what it looks like. After that they left it up to us to pick foods to eat from the approved list that would add up to 500 calories (DH was on a range of 600-800 calories) Of course if you choose from the lower calorie fod list (which is also lower fat) you get MORE food (by volume). For week 2 and beyond you will add back the fruits and veggies on the list. There really isn't any need to worry about adding up carbs, or fats, just calories....IF you stick to the amounts listed on the approved list you'll be in the correct range.

Once you body has "detoxed" from the high carbs, you'll feel a LOT better. Take a look at the thread for MEDI first week Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1. It will probably answer LOTS of your questions. Also each month we have a monthly thread Here is the one for March. MOST people check in here. **Merrily Making our Way into a MWL March**

Again WELCOME

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Finally
Start Date: March 2011
Thank you Mary, for your insight and kind words.

I did try some broth today and that helped a lot. I just got my booster shots this afternoon, so hopefully that'll help. I'm not a big fan of our clinic as the staff isn't very friendly and they're very rushed. We have two in the area, so maybe I'll start going to the other one.

In the meantime, I'll keep plowing along!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
I'm fairly new myself and I know how tough that first week is!!! You simply CANNOT BELIEVE this is ALL the food you get for the day.

But it really does get better...Trust me. I was weak, lightheaded, and totally exhausted for the first three days. I didn't use appetite suppressants at all and was pretty hungry and just in total shock I think! Plus, you keep searching for deli meat, or a tiny bit of cottage cheese, or SOMETHING to make things seem more like a real meal and it's just a big slap in the face to realize that you can't have anything you're used to having--even the so-called "healthy treats." So, that means not even any "fat free cookies," or "light chips," or all of the other things we love to eat when we say we're "cutting back." This is EXTREME!!! Bad enough we can't have the really good stuff, but to even have to eliminate CARROTS???? It's just crazy-talk!!!

But it works!!!

You will walk into that first weigh-in and be blown away by your success. You will come back here and tell all of us and we'll cheer for you and celebrate with you. You will survive this ridiculous first week and be so grateful that you did and be THRILLED that you get to have an apple, or a serving of veggies to mix things up. There are recipes on this site that are "Acute"-friendly and very tasty. I'm still in Acute myself and tonight, I had a "fajita bowl" for dinner: Chicken, peppers and onions, a little pico de gallo, and a small serving of guacamole. No tortilla (only because my store was out of the Mama Lupe low-carb tortillas that are allowed in Acute!). But it was still really good and I'm totally full.

The cravings were difficult at first, and you just want popcorn, chocolate, chips and dip, fried chicken...you name it! But it gets better. As our bodies get rid of the carbs the cravings decrease. And I can't BELIEVE I am saying all of this and offering anybody any advice! If you look back at any of my posts, you'll see I've been skeptical, frightened, worried about failure, EVERYTHING you may be feeling right about now. But I've lost 22 pounds and I feel really good. I don't feel "heavy" all the time. My face looks slimmer and people actually notice. Do I want some caramel popcorn sometimes? Or something really salty/fatty? Yes, but not enough to blow this plan. I haven't worked it all out in my mind yet how I'll incorporate treats in my life one day...I'm not there yet. But I have read the advice of so many great women and men on this board about how to enter the maintenance phase, so for now, I'm just plugging away, hanging in there.

You can do this!!!! I can't wait to celebrate next week with you!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cre8tvgal
help

I put this msg on a different post but I received no reply--so I put it on this thread---I hope that is ok..............
Yesterday I had severe Hypoglycemia ---Yesterday was day 1 on the MWL program. Every two hours or so my blood sugar would go very low---to 70, and I would have weakness in my arms & legs and get sweaty.
(I did eat my three meals) but I saved a few bites of my allowed foods to eat when this would happen-------- then 2 hours later the same thing would happen. I got through the day-------but I don't want it to happen again-----Does anyone have experience with this condition!! (The MWL center was closed yesterday --but I stuck to the plan) Thank you all!!
cre8tvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I would definitely call your center first thing Monday morning...but the only advice I have for you is to make sure you are eating every few hours. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. Think about your total calorie for the day in the morning and try to divide it up among those 6 times. Even now in maintenance I find myself much better when I eat every 2-3 hours. And drink all of your fluids! I know others here have mentioned drinking chicken broth warmed up during that first week, I never did but hopefully someone else will chime in here too for you.

Hope that helps some!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cre8tvgal
mommy2princess--thank you! for the advice. I do plan on calling my center first thing tomorrow.
cre8tvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwhite23
Stats: 174/162/140
Start Date: March 2010
What helps me is to eat 5x a day rather than 3 and my clinic also advised this. Break up your calories amongst 5x a day and make sure to eat more often to ensure that your blood sugar doesn't drop. The broth helped a lot with me, and I also drank 1 Powerade Zero per day.
dwhite23 is offline   Reply With Quote