Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Need some advice

I went for my 9th week weigh in today and was down 1.8lbs. I was happy I lost but disappointed at the number. This is the lowest I have ever lost on the program. Most of was I lost was water only .2 was fat. I have not cheated once on this program. It costs to much to add extra weight. LOL!! Am I possibly hitting a plateau and if so what can I do to change it and get back to losing 3 to 4 lbs a week. The other thing is this is after 9 days. I missed my regular weigh in because they were closed due to Mardi Gras and it flooded here yesterday. I still have a considerable amount of weight to loose and my fat percentage actually went up this week. I just don't understand. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Dionne
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Dionne,

My fat percentage went up every time that I had a week where I lost a lot of water - it's just a matter of balance. I had some better weeks and some not as good, but on average I lost 3.33 pounds per week for the first 15 weeks. I had to make sure that I was getting enough protein, some weeks I ran short and actually lost less. I also had to make sure that I kept up drinking my water or I'd actually retain more. It seems counter-intuitive, but it was really true.

For me personally, week 9 was a frustrating one. I was ready to be "done" and back to a more normal eating style, but I pushed through it and I'm glad that I did. It was more than worth it to keep on keeping on.

Best of luck with you on your continued success.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Dionne,

I agree with Kelly, drink lots of water! I had a week where I only lost .8 lbs! I was soooo mad, but stuck with it and the next lost 3.3. However, I don't know if you can realistically expect to lose 3lbs every week, I think you have to look at it as an average over a period of time. There will be weeks when our bodies just want to hold onto that water!

Have you tried going to the monthly forums? Everyone is really supportive and there is a wealth of information there. Please join us, I think you will find a lot of support and information there.

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote