Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Sad....

Well, I did it. I put something bad in my mouth without even thinking about it.. Has anyone ever done that?
I was making hamburgers and a turkey burger for my husband and myself last night. He wanted american cheese on his, so I opened the bag took a couple slices out and while waiting for the burgers to ready, I actually STUFFED them in my mouth. WHY???? This is something I would have done pre-Medi. The act was so easy and effortless, that when I woke up and realized what I had just done... I wanted to gag and get it out.. I just put at least 100 calories into my mouth without a second thought.

For years I did this. Cheese has always been my favorite snack food usually eaten with crackers, or a quick dip with chips.

Now I feel terrible. I threw myself out of ketosis and I have to weigh in tomorrow...

Total lost 31.9 lbs.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
Well, I did it. I put something bad in my mouth without even thinking about it.. Has anyone ever done that?
I was making hamburgers and a turkey burger for my husband and myself last night. He wanted american cheese on his, so I opened the bag took a couple slices out and while waiting for the burgers to ready, I actually STUFFED them in my mouth. WHY???? This is something I would have done pre-Medi. The act was so easy and effortless, that when I woke up and realized what I had just done... I wanted to gag and get it out.. I just put at least 100 calories into my mouth without a second thought.

For years I did this. Cheese has always been my favorite snack food usually eaten with crackers, or a quick dip with chips.

Now I feel terrible. I threw myself out of ketosis and I have to weigh in tomorrow...
you may NOT be out of ketosis...hang in there. Cheese is protein, not carbs. Checking, checking, and rechecking for ketosis is about as counter productive as weighing yourself multiple times during the day. If you want to check for ketosis, check once first thing in the AM (at least this is what my clinic said to do) then be done. There are too many things that can make it LOOK like you're out of ketosis and will cause undue anxiety.

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-11-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I stopped checking after the first week- It was causing too much anxiety since I never showed greater than a trace, although I was losing fat...then I accidently dropped the whole darn bottle in the toilet (eww!), and I took that as a sign!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I stopped checking after the first week- It was causing too much anxiety since I never showed greater than a trace, although I was losing fat...then I accidently dropped the whole darn bottle in the toilet (eww!), and I took that as a sign!
Too funny cheftrish.. I only check in the morning when I wake up. I will probably get tired of tracking it, but I think I will keep it up until I run out of them OR drop them the toilet LOL!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:13 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post

You're probably just fine! I can't count how many times I've been on a "program" and literally just FORGOTTEN and popped an Oreo or something "not approved" in my mouth. It happens. The good news is you chose cheese--not a brownie!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
You're probably just fine! I can't count how many times I've been on a "program" and literally just FORGOTTEN and popped an Oreo or something "not approved" in my mouth. It happens. The good news is you chose cheese--not a brownie!!!
You're right...I could have gone for the brownies on the counter..but I won't touch packaged food. My husband is making breakfast this morning so that I don't screw it up LOL...I 'm back in ketosis this morning. Weird... I must have done things exactly right yesterday.
My weigh in is at 11: 45 this morning. I hate waiting...Talk to everyone later.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annaj
Stats: 186/173/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Believe it or not, my mother was my biggest hurdle. She swore I was dieing or something and even tho I told her that I was only eating proteins, she'd make a big ethic dinner and serve me a hot bed of rice with only a few pieces of meat. I go and dump back all rice and the arguments would start.

My sister in law is a vegitarian and my mother insist on feeding her stew... "but it has vegestables in it!"

She doesnt get it, and we all understand that. We just had to learn to work around her desires for us to eat the way she does. When I achieved goal weight, I received soo many "you look soo unhealthy" comments... meanwhile, this was the weight I was at many years ago and no one said anything back then.

These are challenges we all face, and these boards help me get through it.
Dream - You are so right; family is the hardest! My in-laws feel it is their duty to tell other people what to eat. It's their main topic of dinner conversation. Whatever someone is doing, they have suggestions on how to change it. I used to be offended, but now I just chalk it up to their lack of other interesting things to discuss. I think [hope] they mean well, but are suffering from permanent foot-in-mouth disease.
Annaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
That's really sad. I think you should have friends who are supportive. I have a great group of friends who are very supportive of me. I have to be gluten free and I do low carb at the same time. We always have to choose a restaurant where I can get G-free foods. One of my friends has even added an app on her I-phone for restaurant listing with G-free foods. But, the reason my friends are so supportive is they have each struggled themselves with weight. One has had gastric bypass and the other lap bands. They know where I'm coming from with diet restrictions. If I had a "naturallly thin" friend I'm sure this would be different. I hope they will come around and see your side and be supportive. If not, then you may just have to surround yourself with a different group of people who are going through similar things.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote