Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Grfxgrl

First of all don't beat yourself up over it and then be sure you document it just as though it were any other food that was on the plan. Once you do this not only are you holding yourself accountable, but you will be less likely to "write off" the whole day as a loss and go "hog wild". My point is (I guess like Susie said ) once you cave you may give yourself permission to continue down that road...I want to point out that Chances are you didn't eat 1200 calories of ice cream and, realistically, even if you did that might cost you 2 days... If you look up the nutrition info you may find you did not do as badly as you thought( and even if you did) - Just dust yourself off and get right back to it. However know that now you may to have deal with some sugar cravings for a few days and will probably have to go back to week one to get rid of them. You are doing this for you! And like Susie and Lins said counting money can be a huge motivator to stick to it too!

On another note (sort of, I have been thinking about ice cream...)I have an ice cream maker and have been experimenting with frozen whey protein shakes, so far they come out like a cross between a fudgcicle and soft serve. Still pretty satisfying though....45 bucks for a cuisinart at sears.

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-10-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Thanks to all for the responses to my posts

Susie: Thanks for the reassurance that I didn't sabotage myself with my 86% cocoa dark chocolate choice. I know that I can't live my life never eating chocolate again, so it's really good to know that there are all natural healthier options as upposed to carb and sugar laden snickers bars
Trish: I saw crystal light popsicles in Wal-Mart the other day, would those possibly help your ice cream cravings? I can't remember the carb count, but I know that it was low.
Going for my weigh in, in 1 hr
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Susie: Thanks for the reassurance that I didn't sabotage myself with my 86% cocoa dark chocolate choice. I know that I can't live my life never eating chocolate again, so it's really good to know that there are all natural healthier options as upposed to carb and sugar laden snickers bars
Trish: I saw crystal light popsicles in Wal-Mart the other day, would those possibly help your ice cream cravings? I can't remember the carb count, but I know that it was low.
Going for my weigh in, in 1 hr
Rachel - I ate the dark cocoa in acute too - not much and not often, but sometimes. A little square or two of that and a few natural almonds made the best, natural, HEALTHY treat. I was surprised how decadent it tasted, yet I was keeping within the plan. Those are exactly the kinds of things that helped me thru.

Good luck at weigh in!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hello!

Hi, all. I am at the end of week two. Weigh-in tomorrow. I started at 172, which put me at obese. I lost 11 pounds the first week. I am not feeling any weight loss this week, but am sticking to the program quite well. My husband is going to do this with me. (He won't go to the clinic, but will take similar supplements, and eat similar foods---in larger quantities. And exercise. He started getting healthy about six months ago, and is super supportive of my/our doing this.)

The thing that got me to do this was that I went to give a presentation about two weeks ago, and found myself sweaty and with short breath after rushing from car to venue. I was embarrassed to take my jacket off, but was so uncomfortable. It scared me a little bit---and was a wake up call of sorts. I have had an incredibly stressful ten years---ill mother, preterm daughter, and attempting to get (and will get this month!) the equivalent of "partner" in my profession. I've put off my health all of my life for job security, and now I my wake-up call is---at what cost? I am an older mom, and I want to be first, alive for my daughter. And second, active with my daughter.

So, here I go!!! Here to support you all, and I can sure use support. One small worry----what if I can't do this without appetite suppressants? what if I can't maintain it? Experiences, advice, all welcome.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Maybe I posted at wrong place?

How do I/where do I go for beginning of march thread? Sorry, new to this world of online groups...
Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Irina, I was on bedrest for four months when pregnant. I did arm exercises, gentle stretching and leg lifts. You might want to ask a physical therapist to give you some gentle exercises, so at least you are not losing muscle mass. Even deep breathing was helpful in terms of mind-body and feeling well. Hears to your healing! I hope you are not in too much discomfort.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Shelley, Prednisone is the worst! Are you on a dose pack? If so remember it's only for a week or so-I can totally relate to the fear of taking this med, it is powerful! I had it for pneumonia and then it(the pneumonia) started this vicious cycle of bronchitis/ prednisone, and I swear I felt like the prednisone was weakening my immune system. I never had weight problems until I started taking this 10 years ago. Now when my doctor mentions it I BEG her not to put me on it. That said, it was prescribed for a reason so you have to take it, I am thinking of you, and praying for you! (Is advair an option??).
Thanks Trish, nah it is not pneumonia so Advair won't work. Yes, I am on dose pack. I ended up having an extremely bad TMJ "attack" to where I couldn't even open my mouth (probably gritting my teeth at night from the stress of this job). So one of the ER docs prescribed me a dose pack. It was horrendous that day, yesterday was better...but I still feel the gnawing. It is insane!!! I am on Day 3 and I am going to have to keep myself extremely busy!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Am I the only person on the face of the earth who hates french fries??? I loved fried sliced potatoes with onions but I have always hated french fries. Even before the weight gain I remember it being so hard to make the people leave fries off my food. Also, does anyone notice that almost everything you order in a restaurant has a side of a potato or rice type starch? I am assuming this is because it is a cheap starch to buy in bulk and serve but heck...how hard is it when they ask you what you want as your side and they give you a choice of baked potato, mashed potato, home fries, french fries, steak fries, rice, or pasta??? WTH???

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I've written before about DH (Bill) wanting to do "BILL'S DIET" instead of following the Medi plan. He started out the Medi plan really well, but losing slower than he thought he would. The DR. explained that with all of the meds he was on, and the fact he was insulin resistant, it would take longer for that to be resolved. He "plugged" along, then after about 12 weeks, (and having a couple of low loss weeks) the clinic suggested he have a planned "cheat" day of increased carbs and calories! That worked great, and he was back to losing. THEN he "cheated" again (NOT planned) and still lost so that gave him the GREEN LIGHT (in his mind) to start doing "BILL'S DIET" ......He was modifying Medi, and when his loss eventually stalled (DUH) he tried doing another PLANNED cheat day.........well let me remind everyone that the "planned cheat day" only works to "jump start" your metabolism IF you have been following the plan in the first place! Since he had NOT he was irritated, at the PLAN (instead of being irritated at himself). So now it's been since Christmas, and he works out religiously, is doing some version of low carb, low fat but NOT weighing or measuring, and since we aren't going to the clinic he's NOT taking any supplements or shots. As of Tuesday of this week he's GAINED 8 pounds! (it MAY be increased muscle ) Now he's pretty much back on week 1 but without the meds, and not writing down his water or food, but he is weighing and measuring his food(I'm not sure what the point of that is since he's NOT recording any of it)

We had a big discussion about how he couldn't eat like this for the rest of his life.......my answer was: (and YES I yelled)......NO ONE IS ASKING YOU TO........OR EXPECTING YOU TO! The point of Medi is to get the weight off FAST, so you don't have a heart attck, or stroke first, or lose interest/hope/enthusiasm/momentum, to STOP the cravings for the bad carbs (detox as some people have said), and to teach you how to make healthier choices, and add back better carbs ONCE you are close to goal......No one EVER said you'd be eating 500 (or in his case 800) calories a day for the rest of your life!

The clinic WANTS you to be a success, and lose your weight as fast as possible! They don't want you to cheat so they can get your money. You are worth MORE to them if you lose your weight FAST, rave about the plan, and send them more clients! They don't want people like Bill and me dragging this weightloss out over a year......and believe me IF Bill hadn't lost his job we would have continued with the clinic until we lost our weight (which would have been MUCH faster I'm sure, than trying to do this on our own) I remided him the more he sticks to the plan the FASTER he'll get to his goal, and will be able to add back to more good carbs, and the sooner he'll be able to "feel more normal" I don't understand WHY he can't see that!

I'm just venting here because I'm at a place where I'd give anything to be able to go to my clinic again, and have the meds and support from them. I have lost 7 pounds more on my own, but I'm also closing in on a year since I started this journey, and still have more I want to lose. I want to get to my goal and move on. I'm at the lowest weight I've been at for more years than I can count.....probably over 25 maybe more....I can't remember. AND I'm the healthiest I've EVER been. Getting rid of EACH and EVERY pound now is tough, but I'm not willing to give up!

OK I'm done

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Not sure how I'm feeling, thankful to have you all to talk to

Stats updated. Although it was a loss (3lbs) it was only 0.5lb of fat loss. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this. I admittedly had a difficult week this week, between TOM, and eating out 2x during the weekend, and ridiculous chocolate cravings (which have disappated). I'm worried because I didn't lose fat, but water. Any thoughts? I asked the "counselor" at the clinic about this, and she suggested that I get the second shot. I thought to myself "HELLO? I lost water, not fat!" She also mentioned exercise, which makes sense. I know I need to MAKE time for ME to get to the gym, and do some weight training. SOME HOW, inbetween being the sole provider, and all of my wifely duties (which included helping my hubby with his school work) I need to EXERCISE too? Goodness, not enough hours in the day, I know I have to and I will go today, and save the laundry for another (although i may have to FEBREEZE some work uniforms).
I really don't want to take the 2nd shot, because it's an added expense, and it hurts on my opinion. I did take it Monday, because TOM had appeared. I bruise every time I get it, and I really don't want a black and blue hiney I tried to take the MEDIbolic melts, but I FORGET to take them. Is the 2nd shot really worth an extra 20$ week. I'd really like you alls feedback on this. I know I've asked this before, BUT clearly I need some reassurance of my decision. If it really is going to make a difference, I will budget it (somehow) and take it. Being on 1 income for 2 years, does take its toll. My husband graduates from VCU/MCV in May, and GOD willing will find a job as a Dental hygienist. Although for some STUPID reason, his professor had a graduate from last years class come in to give an account of her experience since graduation. Basically, she delivered depressing news about how awful the job market is right now for Registered Dental Hygienist. I'm trying not to show my hubby that I believe it, and give him the support he needs to be optimistic about finding a job, but HONESTLY I feel stressed about it.
I'm SORRY to boo hoo to you all about things not related to MEDI, however I know that this is a kind supportive group of individuals here, and I feel like I can share my feelings with you all. I'm a pretty private person when it comes to these sorts of things, and don't discuss with co-workers, family, etc.
Thanks to all of you for your support. I wanted to add that my MEDI counselor did praise me on researching my chocolate option. She said she was very impressed, and couldn't believe that I "researched" it?
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-10-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Thanks Trish, nah it is not pneumonia so Advair won't work. Yes, I am on dose pack. I ended up having an extremely bad TMJ "attack" to where I couldn't even open my mouth (probably gritting my teeth at night from the stress of this job). So one of the ER docs prescribed me a dose pack. It was horrendous that day, yesterday was better...but I still feel the gnawing. It is insane!!! I am on Day 3 and I am going to have to keep myself extremely busy!
Sounds like you NEED a night guard! I totally understand the stresses of being on call in a hospital. I did it the last 4 years, as an ACUTE hemodialysis nurse. I totally sympathize. As soon as the opportunity presented itself, I took a Clinic position as a Charge nurse in July. However, the schedule is still daunting, who in the world wants to be to work at 6 am 5 days a week? It really sucks is my opinion. But I am grateful, and blessed to have a decent job that provides for my husband and I. Prednisone dose packs can make you like a goat willing to eat anything in site, but the do work amazingly! I hope you are well soon and remember to drink LOTS, and LOTS of fluids I know a swollen TMJ makes that not much fun!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Mary what an AWESOME post

I really liked reading your post. You really help to put things into perspective. That MEDI's goal it to get you down fast, so that you can MOVE ON with life and learn to have normal and healthy eating habits.
You are an inspiration to me, because you continute to plug along on your own journey. Hubby will have to find his own way, you can ride him hard about it, but as we ALL know here, people change only when they are ready. I commend your hubby on his exercise regimen. I would encourage him with positive feedback, and remind him when he's straying a bit too far off path. My husband really rode me hard about my weight gain the last 2 years, because he was concerned about my health (althought I have no health problems), and of course I know he wanted the sexy green dress wearing wife (pic in my album) he had married back. He never would say this to me, he always tells me he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful; which is a GOD send because I know many husbands are not that way.
I think you are doing a great job Mary, continue to lead by example. You can lead a horse to water, BUT YOU can't make it drink
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Swirveegrl,

You shouldn't frown on a 3 pounds lost. I believe as we get further into out weight loss the numbers will go down. I only lost 3 pounds and I was very happy. 3 pounds in one week is fantastic. You are 3 pounds closer to your goal.

Big applauds to your husband for continuing to make you feel loved no matter what. That is so very important because when are not happy with ourselves it is very comforting when our spouse or significant other still gives that attention that we need. I know now that you have lost 19 pounds he is as proud of you as you are of yourself.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Shelley - seriously, I would give anything to not like French fries....ugh, my complete weakness! And yes, every restaurant meal comes with a heavy white starch....and ALL kids meals come with fries, nothing like showing kids healthy eating habits! I always order a double veggie or a veggie and replace the starch with a side salad (even though it is usually an added fee!).

Mary - I loved reading your post,you are amazing. Bill would be amazed to see how much food I am supposed to eat a day, and how many servings of fruit, veggies, starches I am told to eat a day. I now eat very "normal".....not normal like what I had previously thought normal was, but what every healthy, fit person eats for normal. Tomorrow marks 2 months of maintenance, and on the scale this morning I was 160 even....still 5 lbs less than the day I started maintenance. For me, it is all about eating every 2-3 hrs and having planned indulgences once in awhile. You will get to goal, I totally believe it.

Rachel - I know what a "pain" that 2nd shot is and I too bruised each week....but I will say for the beginning of acute it definitely made a difference for me. I actually tracked it in my journal for a bit.

Ok, so since we all seem to be venting a bit - I am STRESSING out!!! We had buyers on our house do their home inspection Tuesday and a bunch of stuff came back wrong (not bad - just typical of an older 1940's home). We came to an agreement with them last night which was basically buy it as is with us covering some closing cost (big win for us!) then today the well water test came back contaminated (which is illegal to sell a house with contaminated water) and so now the entire deal is on the rocks. I have already contacted a local company to come treat the well TODAY but we haven't heard back from the buyers about it. I am so stressed out! On the plus side - I havent turned to food as a comfort.....actually, I am so sick to my stomach over this that so far I have had a protein bar and banana today, and it's 1:30. I will go make a tuna fish on flat out
wrap when I finish venting! Keep us in your thoughts that all goes well with this! The headaches and worry over this house has sucked the fun out of buying the new house for the time being.....just want this all to be over!!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
Irina, I was on bedrest for four months when pregnant. I did arm exercises, gentle stretching and leg lifts. You might want to ask a physical therapist to give you some gentle exercises, so at least you are not losing muscle mass. Even deep breathing was helpful in terms of mind-body and feeling well. Hears to your healing! I hope you are not in too much discomfort.
Thank you, lbeetle and welcome to this forum. I was thinking about doing this type of exercises but never did. It's like I did have a routine of going to the gym, etc so it was like a second nature. Now 4 weeks into this ordeal I did not develop any new routines and just sitting here wishing it is over. In pain and too lazy
Also to answer your other post: "One small worry----what if I can't do this without appetite suppressants? what if I can't maintain it? Experiences, advice, all welcome." Take it one day at a time. I see that you have your goals and incentives in the right place. Follow the diet to the "t". Achieve your weight goal, do not worry what will happen afterwards. We all guilty of having such worries but based on my experience (and I lost 113 lb and trying to maintain it since October) Medi program is different than others that it teaches you how to handle various difficult situations and after you reach your goal it will guide you through a transition phase (where you will reduce your ASs) and then into wellness where you will stop them all together. You will learn what works for you and what does not. You will slip and fall occasionally but you will have all your tools to pick up and get where you want to be. Be on this forum, it helped me and lots of others when we needed most. Good luck!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

We all have those worries ( I think) of wether or not we will be able to maintain our goal weight WHEN, not if, we get there! I use these girls here to motivate me. Losing 113 lbs? I mean that is extraordinary! And there are numerous others on this post that have lost, and continue to be dedicated to keep it off. I think all of you are amazing, and I hope to be where you are sometime soon
I think I posted this before, so any feedback would be appreciated. I did make it to the gym for a 20min fast paced walk, and did the strength training, as well as some yoga ball exercises I like. I felt like I had to afterwards. I made sure to drink water before, during my exercise. I ate when I came home, and the feeling has subsided, but I don't know why this is happening? Has anyone else experienced this? Talk about a deturrent to exercise! I really enjoyed myself, but after I finished I felt like crap!
Trish I know you said apple cider vinegar helps with water retention, can you just drink it straight. Maybe I sound like a weirdo, but I use vinegar several times a week. I love it on sliced cucumbers. Can I just drink what's left over?
Keri I can imagine that's a very stressful situation. Unexpected things, really have a way of making us go off course. I hope it all is resolved quickly. I have to say you made me jealous when you said you get to have tuna on a flat out. YUM. Gives me something to look forward to I had my tuna with a side of cucumber slices, so it was pretty yummy anyways

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-10-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Ok, so since we all seem to be venting a bit - I am STRESSING out!!! We had buyers on our house do their home inspection Tuesday and a bunch of stuff came back wrong (not bad - just typical of an older 1940's home). We came to an agreement with them last night which was basically buy it as is with us covering some closing cost (big win for us!) then today the well water test came back contaminated (which is illegal to sell a house with contaminated water) and so now the entire deal is on the rocks. I have already contacted a local company to come treat the well TODAY but we haven't heard back from the buyers about it. I am so stressed out! On the plus side - I havent turned to food as a comfort.....actually, I am so sick to my stomach over this that so far I have had a protein bar and banana today, and it's 1:30. I will go make a tuna fish on flat out
wrap when I finish venting! Keep us in your thoughts that all goes well with this! The headaches and worry over this house has sucked the fun out of buying the new house for the time being.....just want this all to be over!!!
Nothing worse than being in the middle of a home-sale! You have already emotionally "moved in" to the new place, and the old place feels like an albatross! Believe me, we've been there! But it's inspiring to see how you're handling it, and staying true to your overall health goals! This is the time when most people just have a cookie and curl up into a ball, but you DIDN'T!! I always love reading your posts!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Rachel, 3 lb weight loss is great - in my long weght loss journey I had several weeks like that and I thought the same thing - what did I do wrong? And many a times, next week was perfect with fat losses. Sometimes your body needs time to adjust and that's why you have such an off scale reading. Having said that, adding weight training will help to build lean muscles - I did it 3-4 times a week for 30 min. I was also getting second shot every other week - not sure if it helped (it was only $10)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the reassurance! The 3 lbs made me happy, but when I realized it was only 0.5lb fat it freaked me out. I'm thinking what in the world happened. I was really concerned that I had majorly screwed up some kind of weigh, but I was shocked that I lost WATER considering it's TOM Anyways, I'm feeling better about it thanks to the words of encouragement from you and BETTY and KERI!
I think I will take the 2nd shot 1x week, I go on Mondays for the MIC. I will see how much it helps, and make a decision. I feel kind of irritated, HONESTLY, that it's not included in the weekly price. I'm sure they have a reason, but I'm thinking if it really plays that large of a role in my success with MEDI it should be included. That's simply my opinion. Maybe Susie has insight into why it's not included?

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-10-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Hi Rachel,

I drink ACV with around 8 oz water and put a little stevia in it-tastes pretty good actually, I was afraid people thought I was crazy for posting that (acv remedy), but then checked yesterday found there is a whole thread here dedicated to ACV!! I think if it was just plain it would upset your stomach, but if you are making cucumber salad (yum! I love that!) there is probably enough water in the cucumbers to make drinking the leftover okay. but I drink it through a straw because I am afraid it's going to hurt my tooth enamel.
3 lbs is a great loss for one week!!

Oh Shelley.... I LOVE FRENCH FRIES!! Salty foods are my weakness!! We lived in Europe for a few years and they cook them in LARD there (and serve them with mayo, now I am a convert)!!! I swear I have never tasted anything so good!

And someone mentioned chocolate and almonds, has anyone tried the Blue Diamond Cocoa Almonds?? they are soooo good, and good for you (in small amts.).

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-10-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
And someone mentioned chocolate and almonds, has anyone tried the blue diamond cocoa almonds?? they are soooo good, and good for you (in small amts.).

Yes... I love them. Which is precisely why I can't buy them. I am still working on that will power thing at home. :-) I wish they would at least make the container less user-friendly. Maybe if it pinched me everytime I tried to get some snacks out of it I would stop trying so much.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

I'm having one of those days where I'm stuck inside (it's raining, and blowing outside, and I'm doing this small mountain of laundry.....there's nothing good on TV which keeps going off due to the storm anyway, and I'm not very interested in reading right now) so I'm hanging out on the computer reading tons of old threads here on Medi as well as the ones on the Main Lobby for LCF.

OMG Keri, I'm SO sorry you're having to go through this.....but I'm SO proud of you for staying so strong! You're such a good example to not only everyone here, but to your sweet little girls too! Believe me they will remember your strength! I'm going to try again to remind Bill about the amount of calories he'll need to eat to maintain his weight once he gets to goal!

Rachel I only got the B6 shot once (the first week when it was part of the initial cost) but we ALWAYS took 2 of the MIC shots home for each of us. We gave our own shots, and I REALLY thought that the MIC shots helped a tremendous amount, and there was no extra charge for them. Is that the second shot you're talking about.....do you get it twice a week? Since we no longer get the shots I'm taking both a sublingual B12 and a B6 daily. I'm also going to order the L-Methionone, Inositol, and Choline that make up the MIC shots and see if they help my weightloss effort.

I also use Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) daily. I use the Braggs brand because it's not processed as much as say Heinz, so still has "the Mother" in it. You have to shake it up before using it. I add about 2-3 Tablespoons to a few ounces of whatever I'm drinking.....Crystal Light Peach Tea, Diet Pepsi, Flavored water etc, then I just drink it down.....not bad. I use it on salads too, but I use the regular Heinz (or generic) ACV for cucumbers, or in anything else that calls for vinegar.....mainly because I'm too cheap to throw Braggs out.....never thought of drinking it after the cucumbers were gone!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

I use Braggs too, I think it is really important to have the "mother" in it.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I just posted a new recipe under sauces, miscellaneous thread. Brown Gravy with Eye of Round Roast crock pot recipe, I made this for dinner tonight. It's MEDI compliant, and will feed the rest of the family as well. I like to serve with firecracker green beans
Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
For those of you who are having "what did I do wrong" fears, I want to say that you might not have done anything "wrong". If you stayed on plan and drank your water, and got in some execise then you are just fine. For whatever reason are bodies do strange things from week to week, emotions, and hormones, and stress, and muscles, etc.. can all play a part in our water weight, and just our weight in general, but if you just keep with it, you will loose the weight. When I look back over the 5 months that I lost 45lbs there were low weight weeks, but they were almost always followed by (maybe 2 weeks after), by a bigger loss week. For no reason that I was aware of. It's just the ups and downs of weight loss. So try really hard not to get discouraged.

This of course only applies if you stuck to the plan. If you had a cheat meal, or didn't exercise or whatever then that of course affects us too, but only you can know that.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Rachel - sometimes the Tanita scale can be frustrating. I love the thing overall, but if you didn't know the breakdown, you'd be thrilled by a 3 lb loss. Try not let it get you down and know that next week it will be mostly fat and very little water.

I was away in Disney World last week and I went back to my old, bad eating habits; lots of fast food, pastries and junk. I came home TEN pounds heavier. Ugh. I know that a lot of it was just water weight, but still! The good news is that I went right back to Medi-style eating and 9 of the 10 pounds are already gone in 5 days. I'm also in Ketosis for the first time in months, so I was pretty excited about that. I'm now going to get off my duff and get off the last 15 pounds that I've been toting around. I'm happy that I was able to maintain 160 for three months, but I really want to go ahead and finish the job now.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 03-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
thanks everyone for their advice about my cheat. I didn't go crazy, I ate the medi way the entire day except for the ice cream, so I'm not a total loss. Dont give up on me! I'm not!

Zumba'd today. Still was dizzy and completely exhausted even with the 1/2 apple and tbsp of peanut butter before. I had two weird moments where we were doing this triple time running in place move and I...got goosebumps and a chill? In the MIDDLE? Of the workout? When I'm sweating buckets? The hell? Anyone know what that's about? Definitely gonna ask about that at my weigh in. Weirdest thing ever!

Thanks again everyone
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I have issues with dizzy spells all the time and it's because my blood pressure is low. I never had the problem before Medi, but it happens ALL the time now. I have to stand up slowly. I asked the clinic about it and my blood pressure is always low, but not "dangerously low". So they aren't concerened. I now have learned that low blood pressure runs in my family. But over Christmas when I wasn't really following this WOE, I had no problems with dizziness (and I was still taking the Meds), but as soon as I started back on this WOE the dizziness came back. It hasn't caused any problems for me, it's just annoying.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
For those of you needing some exercise calories/energy - have you seen the Pure Protein vials? They're 100 calories for the 25g vials and 210 calories for the 50g vials. Netrition carries them by the 12 pack, but I've seen them locally as singles. I really like the grape flavor. I've found that they're a big help either pre or post workouts.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
For those of you needing some exercise calories/energy - have you seen the Pure Protein vials? They're 100 calories for the 25g vials and 210 calories for the 50g vials. Netrition carries them by the 12 pack, but I've seen them locally as singles. I really like the grape flavor. I've found that they're a big help either pre or post workouts.
Thanks, I'm glad someone finally posted about them. I thought they'd be a good thing but didn't want to be the first to try
Closed Thread