Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Charlie, So funny about the hangover, I was at an event about a week ago and had two glasses of wine over the course of a couple hours, and the next day I totally felt awful!! I don't think I have had a hangover since I was in college! I think it must have something to do with the uber-low calories. I don't think I will be endulging again until maintenance, alcohol + medi= bad bad bad headache!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I would talk to your clinic. My clinic had me increase my calories and carbs when I was training for my half marathon. They also told me it was okay to go up those same calories and carbs on my "long run" days (over an hour of running without stopping), IF I felt like I needed it. I haven't run since my half (because of my ankle), so I don't know if I'll do that or not, but they did tell me it was okay. But don't do this unless your clinic agrees. But I know for me there was no way I could have run for 13.1 miles (little under 3 hrs) without an increase in both calories and carbs. Oh also I never test in ketosis the day after I run, the clinic also told me that was normal. So talk to them, they'll tell you what to do.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Whoa lots of injuries lately it seems... Make sure you guys take care of yourselves and let yourselves heal!

I had a BUSY weekend... and am feeling it now..

Friday
-ran 3 miles

Saturday
-Ran 5k (well, ran most of it.. i think running the night before hurt me, but i was under 40minutes )
-played 2 hours of doubles volleyball (1 hour after 5k... ouch)
-Kenpo X workout with the BF from the P90x workout (1 hr)

Sunday
-chest and back workout from P90x with the BF (1 hr)

3 months ago if I'd have done this, I think I might have died. Now I have alot more energy for these things.

These days my activity is up significantly from before and I am having a hard time getting into ketosis because I think I am needed to eat more for the energy. I keep trying to get back into ketosis by going back to week one, but then when I try to workout or playvolleyball i need the extra energy, so I end up eating some "emergency reserve food" that I have packed. I also seem to be alot hungrier. Has my metabolism shot up?

I know the amount of food I eat is entirely within my control and, yes, it is mind over matter.... but with the amount of increase of physical activity... its just hard to keep under 700 calories and 10 carbs!

I haven't consistently been in ketosis in several weeks. last weigh in I still did not lose any lean muscle mass. I weigh in tomorrow so we will see. And I peeked at my scale this morning too and was between 5 and 6 lbs down from the last weigh in (2 weeks ago). I think that if I again lose only fat and not muscle, then maybe I will not stress about getting through a week one to get into ketosis.

Though on a side note.. on saturday I was a little bad (though considering i think I burned a bajillion calories during the day, was it really that bad)... I went out to watch a basketball game at a bar/grill with some friends. I had 2 beers (really good craft beers, so at least I didn't wast the splurge on bad beer ). I had kept my water up and even above the amounts because i had so much activity... but I woke up sunday feeling a little hung over. It was mildly amusing... really? Hung over after TWO beers? I guess the fact that these were maybe the 5th and 6th beers I have had since starting medi attribtuted to the fact that my alcohol tolerance is back down to early college days, lol. My college age self would have made fun of me for being hung over (though at least I could have told my college age self "at least I am skinnier" :P )
HOLY Cow! I'm SO impressed!

I agree with Lins....talk to your clinic about how active you are, and my guess will be that they tell you on those days (which seems to be a LOT of days ) that you NEED to increase both good carbs, AND protein.....which will show as an increase of overall calories!

When you are very active your body will "burn" the ketones for energy instead of "spilling" them into your urine. When DH first started he used all of his ketones just moving around......then as he lost weight, and became more active he burned them with exercise. He hasn't checked for ketosis for a long time. I think Lins said she quit checking after a while, and my thought is as long as you're losing fat you're in ketosis......I did a lot of research on ketosis but it was a long time ago....you might google it, to know for sure.

DH got really inebriated last summer. He was drinking straight burbon (NO carbs in straight alcohol), and it really knocked him on his tush......It was only a tiny amount, so he couldn't believe it, and had to "repeat" the experiment just to be sure.....Thank goodness we were at home both times! Both times he ended up in bed about 8PM!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Funny Stuff

You all are cracking me up with your hangover stories, due to MEDI. I haven't experienced this yet, because I've been avoiding having more than 1 drink. My favorite is RUM and coke, so I had 1 friday (diet coke and captain morgan's spiced) I didn't notice any strange effects; however, I only had 1. I think I will stick with 1 for a while, which is a huge cut back. It's kind of hard for me to feel social while on MEDI, because most of the activities with friends (even Skinny ones ) revolve around food and drink

I hope all of you have quick recoveries from the many injuries You have to respect the limitations of your body, and try not to push it so far beyond too often. Lins if your ankle isn't swollen, I recommed a warm compress. Makes sure you don't apply directly to the skin, but wrap with a towel. Paraffin Wax is a wonderful treatment for injured joints, believe it or not people do use it on their feet. I have to use it on my hands 1-2/week due to tendonitis in both hand. I'm a dialysis nurse so my hands never get a break, from twisting, turning, etc.

I'm fighting major cravings for Peanut Butter cups today. So I came home, had a small serving of peanuts, and made some hot cocoa after supper. It definitely helped. I think all the girls talking at work today about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Easter eggs, did it to me
When you guys CRAVE chips or fries, how do you satisfy it, or replace it with?

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-07-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

I am having major cravings tonight. I'm not really sure why. I think it's just because my kids are all asleep and my husband is at a meeting, so it's just me and the TV (which is rare). But I am actually hungry so it's kind of hard. I know I could have a small snack and still be okay for calories, but at the same time I don't feel like eating anything that I have in my house so I'm not going to snack if I don't WANT it. KWIM? So I am just going to drink some water and ignore the hunger for now.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am having major cravings tonight. I'm not really sure why. I think it's just because my kids are all asleep and my husband is at a meeting, so it's just me and the TV (which is rare). But I am actually hungry so it's kind of hard. I know I could have a small snack and still be okay for calories, but at the same time I don't feel like eating anything that I have in my house so I'm not going to snack if I don't WANT it. KWIM? So I am just going to drink some water and ignore the hunger for now.
OH do I! I'm already trying to figure out what food I'm going to have on hand while DH goes back up to Daytona Beach for more of Bike Week for the weekend! He has a friend coming in from Colorado, so will leave on Friday AM, and won't be back until late Sunday.....IF I'm not careful that can lead to real disaster! I have to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. Not only what food to have on hand, but also I need to plan something to keep me busy, so I'm not just roaming in the kitchen
Old 03-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Hi Rachel,

When I am craving salty stuff I get 15-20 pistachios (with shell) and eat them. Salty, and yummy- and the cracking of the shells is satisfying too. The problem is I can't have them in the house because they are a huge weakness for me and they come in GINORMOUS BAGS!!! So I have to put them in little baggies and only keep a couple in the house the rest are in my husband's trunk and he brings them to work with him (I don't think he even knows this! LOL!)! What is paraffin wax, and how do you use it and where can you get it??

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-08-2011 at 05:40 AM..
Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Down 2.2 more pounds for a total of 10.8 in 2 weeks!

My cheat on friday is apparently what triggered the Weekend Eating Monster of Doom (TM), so I will definitely try to not do THAT again. shew.

Glad i still dropped some eventhough i apparently sabbotaged myself

Now... all I gotta do is figure out how to wedge working out in my days and I will be set!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Hi Swirvee,

When I am craving salty stuff I get 15-20 pistachios (with shell) and eat them. Salty, and yummy- and the cracking of the shells is satisfying too. The problem is I can't have them in the house because they are a huge weakness for me and they come in GINORMOUS BAGS!!! So I have to put them in little baggies and only keep a couple in the house the rest are in my husband's trunk and he brings them to work with him (I don't think he even knows this! LOL!)! What is paraffin wax, and how do you use it and where can you get it??
I'm not Rachel, but I'll answer about paraffin. It's the wax people used to put on top of jelly jars when making jelly (before they figured out that it's REALLY not safe to seal jars this way....bacteria can still get in and grow) It can be found in blocks near canning supplies in the grocery store, or Walmart. Maybe even near candle making supplies. Many spas use wax in a warmer for customers to dip their hands in. Caution! Don't burn yourself!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Another successful weigh-in

Had my weigh-in this morning and lost another 3 pounds. That makes for a total 33.2 down. I feel absolutely great. I actually feel that I can get to my goal weight. I have a long way to go but I feel that I can do it this time. Thanks to Medi and to all of you on this forum. Reading everyone's post is such an inspiration. I don't know any of you but I feel that we are all connected.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
You all are cracking me up with your hangover stories, due to MEDI. I haven't experienced this yet, because I've been avoiding having more than 1 drink. My favorite is RUM and coke, so I had 1 friday (diet coke and captain morgan's spiced) I didn't notice any strange effects; however, I only had 1. I think I will stick with 1 for a while, which is a huge cut back. It's kind of hard for me to feel social while on MEDI, because most of the activities with friends (even Skinny ones ) revolve around food and drink

I hope all of you have quick recoveries from the many injuries You have to respect the limitations of your body, and try not to push it so far beyond too often. Lins if your ankle isn't swollen, I recommed a warm compress. Makes sure you don't apply directly to the skin, but wrap with a towel. Paraffin Wax is a wonderful treatment for injured joints, believe it or not people do use it on their feet. I have to use it on my hands 1-2/week due to tendonitis in both hand. I'm a dialysis nurse so my hands never get a break, from twisting, turning, etc.

I'm fighting major cravings for Peanut Butter cups today. So I came home, had a small serving of peanuts, and made some hot cocoa after supper. It definitely helped. I think all the girls talking at work today about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Easter eggs, did it to me
When you guys CRAVE chips or fries, how do you satisfy it, or replace it with?

For me if I'm craving chips I'll have pork rinds because they are salty and crunchy. It took me forever to find some so when I found a few bags at the shoprite last week I bought all 5 bags. My daughter thought that was the funniest thing but they really help me when I need something crunchy and salty.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Congratulations Betty! Good job!

I also had my weigh-in (week 2) and I lost another 3 lbs.! My BMI is down, fat % down, muscle mass up, and lost another 1.5" in my waist. My two week total is: 11.5 lbs. and 2.5" in my waist! My husband is doing a "modified" version and has lost 11 lbs. by default! This is by far the best program ever!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
The weight just keeps dropping off...weird how effortless it was and I didn't even remember.

Finally was able to sleep last night...I'm not on call this whole week and that is an immense blessing. Woke up yesterday with a swollen area at the right side of my face in front of my ear...pressure in my ear and it HURTS to open my mouth wide at all. I work in the hospital but I don't want to talk to the ER doc because he is a locum and I am not sure about him. I'll have to wait till the evening ER doc comes on. Really not feeling work today...it makes me remember why I quit doing this full time, not the patients...all the red-tape hoopla.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to say that I didn't cave and eat anything last night. It's funny how you can go from feeling great about your success and on top of the world, to the next night craving everything, and struggling so bad. I just remind myself that each day is a new day. Somedays each minute is a new minute. But I've learned that if I can just distract myself (take a walk, take a hot bath with a book...) something where I am away from the kitchen, the cravings usually pass and are gone the next day. Also if you don't keep non-Medi foods in your house then it's a little easier to get past the cravings. And for those of you who have a family, just have a heart to heart talk with them explaining why you no longer want to keep those things in your house. My husband is 100% supportive of me (expecially after he saw that I was sticking to it, this time), and my kids no longer crave junk and are happy eating an apple dipped in peanut butter for a snack.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Week 2 weigh-in

so I only dropped 1 lb this week, but thank goodness for the tanita scale. I lost 5lbs in fat but gained 4lbs in water!!! No advice given really, only good job. anyone else have a similar problem?
More exercise was the order for this week. I currently do zumba 2x a week, but now I have to add more...

Veronica

Congrats to Tricia, Betty and Peagle!! Its coming off !!

Last edited by VElite; 03-08-2011 at 10:29 AM..
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
so I only dropped 1 lb this week, but thank goodness for the tanita scale. I lost 5lbs in fat but gained 4lbs in water!!! No advice given really, only good job. anyone else have a similar problem?
More exercise was the order for this week. I currently do zumba 2x a week, but now I have to add more...

Veronica

Veronica,

I had this same thing happen last week. My water went way up. My clinic looked back through my journal and noticed that I had eaten several things that were high in sodium during the week (pork rinds, deli lunch meat, etc.) They told me to really watch my sodium this week and see if it will help.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post

Veronica

Definitely watch your sodium intake and really really really drink over 100 oz each day for the next week. The more water you take in, the more it will help flush out the water you are retaining. Also, TOM makes a big difference for me in water weight too.

Easiest exercise to add in - go for a walk. No equipment needed!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I just wanted to say that I didn't cave and eat anything last night. It's funny how you can go from feeling great about your success and on top of the world, to the next night craving everything, and struggling so bad. I just remind myself that each day is a new day. Somedays each minute is a new minute. But I've learned that if I can just distract myself (take a walk, take a hot bath with a book...) something where I am away from the kitchen, the cravings usually pass and are gone the next day. Also if you don't keep non-Medi foods in your house then it's a little easier to get past the cravings. And for those of you who have a family, just have a heart to heart talk with them explaining why you no longer want to keep those things in your house. My husband is 100% supportive of me (expecially after he saw that I was sticking to it, this time), and my kids no longer crave junk and are happy eating an apple dipped in peanut butter for a snack.
You are SO right! I use the "taking a bath" trick when I'm just wanting to eat after dinner.....I stay in there until the urge to eat is gone, or the water gets cold.....whichever comes first!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

DH has decided to go back to week 1 until he goes to Daytona Beach on Friday. He's been doing more of his own version of maintenance (read this as him doing Bill's Diet ) He's gained back about 4 pounds inspite of all the exercising he's been doing. I think it's probably muscle weight, but without the aid of the scale at the center it's hard to really know! SO of course I'm doing it with him NOT that I want to, but I want to support him as much as I can!

I was able to walk 5.25 miles today! It was the first time since I did all of that running and my knees objected! I felt really good while I was out, but now I'm a little stiff. I went ahead and iced my knee, and took advil so we'll see if it helps at all.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

VeLite,

This is going to sound a bit odd (and don't feel like I am pushing this) but I have found that Dandelion Root Tea helps with water retention- When I remember to drink it I never retain water (I was doing it daily for about 6 months- but literally just remembered this). Steep 2 bags for 10 minutes in hot water or overnight in cold water, and put a little unsweetened cranberry concentrate and a tsp of lemon. It doesn't taste great, but if you drink 20 oz of this every day you won't retain H2O. I have HBP and I have found that that and organic apple cider vinegar (1 TBS in 8 oz water -I like BRAGGS) help. When I was drinking this daily my BP went down to 117/74, otherwise it is around 145/90 ( I have to take it daily)! Big difference-actually I think I'm going to take my own advice and head down to Whole Foods and get some!

And CONGRATULATIONS on the Fat Loss! 5 lbs fat is a huge accomplishment!

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-08-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Old 03-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

I confess

All this talk about cravings, I may as well confess mine. I shared earlier that I have been craving chocolate ridiculously. Well, today it was really awful. So this is what I did. I had 1/2 a serving of Ghiardelli 86% Cocoa bar. It cost me 125 calories, and 8 carbs. BUT, I'm not feeling like a CooCoo Nut Job craving chocolate now. This week has been TOM, so I don't know how much I can contribute these feelings towards that. I'm not feeling too terribly about this because, I really thought about what I should have. I compared nutrition label, upon nutrition label and did not have an Atkins (because my clinic advised not to use "net" carb counts while doing acute), or a Peanut Butter cup :blush:
I hope you are all doing well. Congratulations to all of the continued weight loss!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Hi everyone!
I posted this on another thread, but it seems better suited here.

So glad to find another current thread. I have been reading posts from 2008!

I have some questions for you veteran Medi-folk:
Do you have to limited coffee even if it is decaf?
I have read of the effects caffeine can have on insulin resistance, but wasn't sure if decaf had the same effects (even though it does have some caffeine in it).

I have found that even though I am eating less than 20 carbs, sometimes I am not in Ketosis?

I guess I just want this weight to come off quick..like I am reading all these other people's ridiculous weight loss for week two and the scale hasn't moved for me.

I work out too...I should add that. I run at least 3miles and do weights.
Do you guys do a day where you eat more carbs and then back off the next day?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Hi Kristine, I answered your questions on the other forum, but one of the things I suggested was coming here because there are more people and they have a wealth of information. It seems to be a pretty slow night though.

Rachel, have you seen (I think it's Susie's) peanut butter cup recipe? It looks amazing!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Trish...I read what you posted on the other thread. Yes that's right about those sticks...I am rarely moderate due to the amount of h2o that I drink.
I am not insulin resistant- I have heard that coffee can do this.
Thanks again for your reply...maybe everyone is watching Biggest Loser!

I started this because a friend of my mom's had great success on it. I decided to do it on my own to see how it goes before I went to the clinic (which isn't even in my state- so that's why I am trying it on my own first). I am going to go back to the first week of 500 calories because I realize that I didn't do that exactly right. I had cheese during that week and my mom read the book to me and said you can ONLY have protein. So I have to do that again. Yippie!
Was really enjoying those chocolate Atkins shakes too
Old 03-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Trish, no I hadn't seen those. But I just did, think I have a weekend project now LOL. I'm also excited to see that Susie posted the MWLC brownie recipe. I looked for it on their website, but I couldn't find it.
I made a pork sirloin for dinner tonight. It was really tasty. I had a side of snow peas with it YUM. I like to cook 1 meal for hubby and I, and just add a starch to his.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Hi everyone!
I posted this on another thread, but it seems better suited here.

So glad to find another current thread. I have been reading posts from 2008!

I have some questions for you veteran Medi-folk:
Do you have to limited coffee even if it is decaf?
I have read of the effects caffeine can have on insulin resistance, but wasn't sure if decaf had the same effects (even though it does have some caffeine in it).

I have found that even though I am eating less than 20 carbs, sometimes I am not in Ketosis?

I guess I just want this weight to come off quick..like I am reading all these other people's ridiculous weight loss for week two and the scale hasn't moved for me.

I work out too...I should add that. I run at least 3miles and do weights.
Do you guys do a day where you eat more carbs and then back off the next day?

Thanks for your help!
My clinic told me I could have a max of 2 caffeinated drinks a day. Every clinic seems to be different about the rules though because I know some clinics say you can have cheese and low fat yogurt the first, but my clinic said protein only!

That was a rough week... protein only. Ya sure you wanna do that?

Also, I was told this week that when you do hard workouts, in addition to your regular calories to have 1/2 fruit serving plus 100 calories of protein 30 minutes PRIOR to the workout and another 75-100 calories of protein within an hour of completing the workout. Examples of these snack are listed as:

1Tbsp Peant Butter + 1/2 apple
protein shake made with 5-6 strawberries
12 almonds with 1 tbsp raisins (tiny snack box)
100 calories of cheese with 10 grapes

That sound familiar to anyone else outside of Charlotte? I know last week when I worked out, I wanted to pass out so I plan on following this suggestion this week. Just trying to gauge just how wide-spread this suggestion is.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Trish, no I hadn't seen those. But I just did, think I have a weekend project now LOL. I'm also excited to see that Susie posted the MWLC brownie recipe. I looked for it on their website, but I couldn't find it.
I made a pork sirloin for dinner tonight. It was really tasty. I had a side of snow peas with it YUM. I like to cook 1 meal for hubby and I, and just add a starch to his.
I saw those brownies too! I plan on making them this weekend for sure! They look AWESOME!

The sugar free fat free pudding with sugar free cool whip mixed in? Friggin BRILLIANT. I almost licked the bowl, but I didn't.

I did think about it for a sec though
Old 03-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Thanks Everyone!! I will watch my sodium intake more closely and up my water even more, looking back I did have deli meat and turkey bacon/sausage/pepperoni... lol, time to change it up. I have PCOS, so my TOM is not as predictable, but could be a good indicator to watch out for while on this WOE
Trish, can you get both of those items from Whole foods?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Hi Grfgxgrl!
Thanks for the reply. YEah I know week one of just protein..even with my bit of cheese was a little tricky. It's the weekends that are tough because I go to my boyfriend's and have to literally bring food along.

I have been logging my food on self.com for months now..when I started a diet eating the amount of calories for a gal my size....that didn't work, so now I am on to this and hopefully this is the last. I shook the magic eight ball and it said this diet will WORK! Yippie!

I have been listening to these great podcasts about this sort of diet and other nutritional info. If anyone is interested I can certainly list them.

I think I will just try to limit a few things and see what happens- I had some almond butter (better than peanut butter because it has more fiber to off-set the carb- 7carbs and 4 fiber!) stuff like that that I should hold off on till I see things move off me

How long have you been on this? I am 225. I want to get down to 180 and see from there. Heck I just want to see a 1 in the front within my lifetime !!!

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-08-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Hi Grfgxgrl!
Thanks for the reply. YEah I know week one of just protein..even with my bit of cheese was a little tricky. It's the weekends that are tough because I go to my boyfriend's and have to literally bring food along.

I have been logging my food on self.com for months now..when I started a diet eating the amount of calories for a gal my size....that didn't work, so now I am on to this and hopefully this is the last. I shook the magic eight ball and it said this diet will WORK! Yippie!

I have been listening to these great podcasts about this sort of diet and other nutritional info. If anyone is interested I can certainly list them.

I think I will just try to limit a few things and see what happens- I had some almond butter (better than peanut butter because it has more fiber to off-set the carb- 7carbs and 4 fiber!) stuff like that that I should hold off on till I see things move off me

How long have you been on this? I am 225. I want to get down to 180 and see from there. Heck I just want to see a 1 in the front within my lifetime !!!
This is only my second week, but I did this a few years ago and lost 20lbs almost effortlessly before I had to stop the program because I got laid off and medi is not cheap.

So far this is the one that works for me
Closed Thread