Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
WOAH! Im a senior poster too! when did that happen??

what about pepperoni sticks. I bought pepperoni sticks during the first week but never ate them because I was afraid they were so wrong for the diet. I guess I could read the nutrition facts and check for myself huh...

Went to my first Zumba class last night. Whew, that was a doozy. Definitely need to drink some powerade zero before I attempt working out. I got dizzy several times and had to slow down several times. My legs felt so heavy--guess that will get better as I lose more weight.

Im still not back in ketosis...and I noticed that Im doing a bad job of getting in all my water. Does that affect ketosis levels too? your water intake?
You MIGHT actually BE IN KETOSIS! Heavy exercise can end up causing you to "burn" those ketones for energy instead of spilling them in your urine! This happened to DH. I would avoid things like pepperoni sticks or other heavily processed food (high in sodium) ESPECIALLY if you are struggling to drink all of your water......you NEED that water to flush the salt (among other things)! Usually the water or lack of will make the ketosticks show a darker purple........it doesn't change mine at all......I NEVER show more than a "small" amount! Early on I showed a "moderate" probably once or twice!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
I have a question for any of you who have "restarted". I lost 60 pounds two years ago and over time have put back 25 pounds due to various stressful issues. I restarted 3 weeks ago and am having a very difficult time taking the weight off. It does not seem to be coming off as easy as last time. Has anyone else had this problem? I am following it to a T (even pulling out my old journals and using them for menus), but still have only lost 7 pounds. This last weigh in I lost - 0 -. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Weight in today and I'm down to 196 for a grand total of -60lbs

I feel GREAT and I'm very EXCITED! Everything is finally coming together for me in every aspect of my life. I'm so thankful and grateful for God's blessings and the support and encouragement from so many wonderful people.

~K
Great job!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Congrats Mary on reaching the 80 pound club! That is wonderful! And congrats to everyone who lost this week.

I just had my weekly weigh-in, and I'm not sure what to think, but I FEEL really discouraged. I don't know what I've done wrong, but I didn't lose an ounce this week! The Tanita showed that I had "lost" 1/2 pound of fat, but gained a 1/2 pound of water.

I've worked out every day, and if I've gone over in calories (as in less than 100) it was with lean protein. I've stayed in ketosis -- only dipping to the lighter shade a time or two, when I figured out I'd better eat my 1/2 of strawberries in the a.m., not evening. The only thing that really changed was I started taking Omega 3 pills.

I had been thinking I was fighting off a bug -- I've been so tired all week. Despite the AS I have napped several times and I'm still getting so hungry sometimes. The doctor said maybe I just need to eat more calories, but I think I'm going back to week 1 -- it worked.

Any advice?
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Congrats to you Determined Gemini and fellow Randolph loser. That is fantastic. It really makes you happy when things start to come together. I'm very happy for you.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Congrats Swirveegrl. I know you must be feeling very good being under 200 pounds. Keep up the good job. I'm happy for you.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
Congrats Mary on reaching the 80 pound club! That is wonderful! And congrats to everyone who lost this week.

I just had my weekly weigh-in, and I'm not sure what to think, but I FEEL really discouraged. I don't know what I've done wrong, but I didn't lose an ounce this week! The Tanita showed that I had "lost" 1/2 pound of fat, but gained a 1/2 pound of water.

I've worked out every day, and if I've gone over in calories (as in less than 100) it was with lean protein. I've stayed in ketosis -- only dipping to the lighter shade a time or two, when I figured out I'd better eat my 1/2 of strawberries in the a.m., not evening. The only thing that really changed was I started taking Omega 3 pills.

I had been thinking I was fighting off a bug -- I've been so tired all week. Despite the AS I have napped several times and I'm still getting so hungry sometimes. The doctor said maybe I just need to eat more calories, but I think I'm going back to week 1 -- it worked.

Any advice?
~Roni
Please don't get discouraged.....EASY for me to say isn't it??? personally I'd only go back to week 1 IF it's easy for you to do...........as it is for me a lot of times! MOST of the time I really don't miss the veggies much....I was never a huge fruit/veggie lover anyway.....I've always been more of a carnivore! Your body is just adjusting to the weightloss and trying to "protect" you (IMHO), so if you're in ketosis you can't help but lose.....I'd follow your clinics advice, and up my calories by a few hundred (like if you're doing 500 calories, maybe do 1000 or 1200) on 1 day, then go back to the original calories the next. Many people find if they "zig zag" the calories it really works! Hang in there.......we've all had these plateaus where our bodies try to adjust. and I hate to say it, this probably won't be the last time this happens Just do some venting here, and keep plugging along! You CAN do it!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beachsideguy
Stats: 220.6/198.4/175
Start Date: 2/17/11
At my second week weigh in, I lost 3.6 lbs but gained 4 lbs. of fat. Crazy!

What a frustrating week. I've been keeping the protein calories in the range, and exercising four times a week and keeping my water intake at the gallon level without any caffeine. I've even kept the proteins leaner with shrimp, fish or mussels everyday.

Hoping week 3 is better ...
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Hello to all! I really like this forum and sharing in everyone's success and challenges! I'm on day 11 of Medi and I have a question regarding exercise as it relates to calories burned. Are the formulas used in determining calories burned accurate? I've been doing my stationary bike and also spent some time at the driving range (golf) a couple times this week. The medi site calculated calories burned in one day of bike and golf at 472; the MyPersonalFitness website was 505. I'm currently on 650 protein calories per day. I will say, this is the hungriest I've been since I started. When I asked at the clinic while getting my B12 shot it was suggested that I increase my protein by 50 to 100 calories. What do you all think?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I lost -1lb this week. I was down -3lbs of fat, but up 1 in muscle (I ran my half marathon on Sunday) and up 1 in water (which I sure is also due to my run). So I was happy with that. I've got exactly 15lbs to hit my goal (lower than my original goal that I did hit). I really like do hit goal before Easter.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
Hello to all! I really like this forum and sharing in everyone's success and challenges! I'm on day 11 of Medi and I have a question regarding exercise as it relates to calories burned. Are the formulas used in determining calories burned accurate? I've been doing my stationary bike and also spent some time at the driving range (golf) a couple times this week. The medi site calculated calories burned in one day of bike and golf at 472; the MyPersonalFitness website was 505. I'm currently on 650 protein calories per day. I will say, this is the hungriest I've been since I started. When I asked at the clinic while getting my B12 shot it was suggested that I increase my protein by 50 to 100 calories. What do you all think?
I don't know if you are male or female, but at our clinic we recommend a range based on gender and starting weight. We recommend you use the entire range to vary you foods and calories each day and to incorporate your exercise. Eat to the upper range on exercise days to fuel your workout. The range typically spans 200-300 calories. Every clinic is different, but we have had good luck with this. whatever you do, run it by your clinic to be sure they are in agreement.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hi All! Congrats Determined Gemini! That is an awesome achievment!

Mary, I am with you on not eating the sugarfree stuff or using it as little as possible. I want real food, and am willing to have a bit less for the taste and health benefits.

Roni, don't get discouraged, I think Mary is right your body is just trying to protect itself. I have been waiting for my plateau to happen, because I know it will soon. This is the time you really have to dig your heels in. I like the idea of mixing it up, it's like that in weight training too, you have to mix it up or your muscles know what to expect. maybe have a one higher carb day (still within the 30 allowed) then a low carb day, then one 800 cal day and then one 600, as long as you don't go over your Basal Metabolic rate you should still lose. BUT on the BRIGHT SIDE, you lost fat!!! that is the HARDEST to lose water comes water goes, fat wants to stay and you got rid of some! It shows you are still losing even if the ^^*&%&%(%??!!! scale doesn't show it.

Way to go Lins!

Trish
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
I would love to add my 2 cents to every post, but not having use of my right hand makes it difficult.

In general, do not measure success by your week to week weighins or you will be dissappointed at one time or another. You cannot control the scale, only your behavior. If you did everything right and the scale didn't reflect it, be patient and you will eventially see it. Be encouraged by your behaviors because that is what will take you to goal and make this a WOL.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I don't know if you are male or female, but at our clinic we recommend a range based on gender and starting weight. We recommend you use the entire range to vary you foods and calories each day and to incorporate your exercise. Eat to the upper range on exercise days to fuel your workout. The range typically spans 200-300 calories. Every clinic is different, but we have had good luck with this. whatever you do, run it by your clinic to be sure they are in agreement.
Female. Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to ask.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary, Determined Gemini, and Swirvegrl - congrats on the milestones that you hit! We're all proud of you!

Lins - with the more you run, has your muscle mass gone up? Just curious....at my monthly weigh-in I was up 1 lb of lean mass, but my waist measured 1 1/2 inches smaller so I am obviously building muscle but still don't want the # going up. Ugh, it's such a mind game too sometimes!

Roni - you probably don't even need a full week of week 1, 3 or 4 days was generally enough for me to "jumpstart" things when I would have an off week. You don't want to do it too many times though, your body will get used to it. Susie had recommended to me once during a weight-loss stall/plateau that we all eventually go through to "zig-zag" my protein calories from day to day, so my body wouldn't know what to expect. One day strict 500, the next 800, then maybe 600 and so on for a week. That's always an option too....I think Mary may have tried that too.

I have had one of those craving everything in sight kind of days....and I know it's because it's TOM next week....but, ugh, it's killing me! What I really want is some kind of chewy candy....twizzlers preferably, but I'd take anything!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Mary, Determined Gemini, and Swirvegrl - congrats on the milestones that you hit! We're all proud of you!

Lins - with the more you run, has your muscle mass gone up? Just curious....at my monthly weigh-in I was up 1 lb of lean mass, but my waist measured 1 1/2 inches smaller so I am obviously building muscle but still don't want the # going up. Ugh, it's such a mind game too sometimes!

Roni - you probably don't even need a full week of week 1, 3 or 4 days was generally enough for me to "jumpstart" things when I would have an off week. You don't want to do it too many times though, your body will get used to it. Susie had recommended to me once during a weight-loss stall/plateau that we all eventually go through to "zig-zag" my protein calories from day to day, so my body wouldn't know what to expect. One day strict 500, the next 800, then maybe 600 and so on for a week. That's always an option too....I think Mary may have tried that too.

I have had one of those craving everything in sight kind of days....and I know it's because it's TOM next week....but, ugh, it's killing me! What I really want is some kind of chewy candy....twizzlers preferably, but I'd take anything!
NO YOU WON'T KERI! Not after all this work...candy and pastry are my triggers and I don't have any around UNTIL I go to my Mom's to take care of her. When I open a package of fresh macaroons to give her one I just want to dive in...but I won't because I know deep down, I will hate myself later. Besides, I weigh in tomorrow so you could put a whole bowl of M & M's in front of me and I won't touch it today. LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WichitaLoser
Stats: 281/271/200
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 17, 2011
Sorry I am late to the party, but I like to make grand entrances.

Congratulations on the loss!!!! (insert funny appropriate emoticons here)

This is for determnedgemini.....i apparently didn't reply correctly and im too lazy/busy to figure out what i did wrong.

Last edited by WichitaLoser; 03-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: c
Old 03-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachsideguy View Post
At my second week weigh in, I lost 3.6 lbs but gained 4 lbs. of fat. Crazy!

What a frustrating week. I've been keeping the protein calories in the range, and exercising four times a week and keeping my water intake at the gallon level without any caffeine. I've even kept the proteins leaner with shrimp, fish or mussels everyday.

Hoping week 3 is better ...
Dude....just keep it up...congrats on what you've done so far!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Week 2 weigh-in...

Lost 6 .... running total for 2 weeks is 16 pounds. Pants are beginning to feel a lot more loose. My goal is to lose 25 more pounds this week.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: morningchai
Stats: 174/153/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 1/27/2011
Had my week 5 weigh in on Wednesday. Down 4 lbs in fat but up 2 in water. I ended up taking both shots this time to see if that will help with the water gain.

I've also added the Turbo Fire workout program to my schedule. It has been AWESOME!!! I absolutely love it!! Hopefully that will help me tone up and get some of that stubborn fat off. The clinic told me to up my calorie intake on the days I excercise (which is 6 out of 7 days). So that's been a little tough trying to eat more and more protein. Some days I just get so sick of meat.

My March goal is to hopefully be in the low 140's by the end of the month...I think it's doable if I continue to lose they way I have been. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
At WitchitaLoser, 25lb in one week!!

But congrats to all the losers, small or large. I actually went against my better judgement and weighed myself at home, and it says I have not lost, or gained anything. (Its accurate to the scale at the center, as I measured it on day 1 at the clinic vs at home). This is day 4 of week 2. I incorporated exercise this 2x week (zumba), and really not much fruit/vegetables, almost did a week 1 over,(not on purpose!) except maybe the first day I had green beans. i gotta figure this out!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
I did not have a weigh in today but I did hit a milestone, I pulled on a pair of sweatpants (you know that pair that "mysteriously shrank" in the wash ) and they fit!!! And as I was driving in to work today I was thinking about it, NOW WHY didn't I think when the sweats got too tight that there was a PROBLEM???? It had an elastic waist band and it was tight but I kept eating my merry way up to the next size. Just wondering what other cues there are out there that we tend to ignore? I think it would be good to be aware of them.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaLoser View Post
Week 2 weigh-in...

Lost 6 .... running total for 2 weeks is 16 pounds. Pants are beginning to feel a lot more loose. My goal is to lose 25 more pounds this week.
Way to go WichitaLoser..you'll have to buy a new wardrobe soon
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I did not have a weigh in today but I did hit a milestone, I pulled on a pair of sweatpants (you know that pair that "mysteriously shrank" in the wash ) and they fit!!! And as I was driving in to work today I was thinking about it, NOW WHY didn't I think when the sweats got too tight that there was a PROBLEM???? It had an elastic waist band and it was tight but I kept eating my merry way up to the next size. Just wondering what other cues there are out there that we tend to ignore? I think it would be good to be aware of them.
You are so right, we are quick to notice the good changes taking place in our bodies, yet how did we become so complacent when our pants got tight, or we got winded climbing stairs, or when it became uncomfortable to cross our legs, our wedding rings became too tight, we couldn't easily get up from the floor...etc, etc, etc. I have vowed to never forget what it was like in my life pre-Medi.....as much as I have celebrated things now, it's important to remember so that I never go back!

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 03-04-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
At WitchitaLoser, 25lb in one week!!

But congrats to all the losers, small or large. I actually went against my better judgement and weighed myself at home, and it says I have not lost, or gained anything. (Its accurate to the scale at the center, as I measured it on day 1 at the clinic vs at home). This is day 4 of week 2. I incorporated exercise this 2x week (zumba), and really not much fruit/vegetables, almost did a week 1 over,(not on purpose!) except maybe the first day I had green beans. i gotta figure this out!
Let me know when you "figure it out" LOL. I have gotten comfortable using the week 1 criteria, it is regimented so nothing to make you slip up. I have incorporated some veggies (if you count lettuce and celery), peanut butter, but really nothing really exciting. I can't seem to get very many carbs in.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hiya Cheftrish....

Yano, you bring up a good point!!
It didn't occur to me that there was a problem until my wedding ring didn't fit anymore.....made me think that I could ruin my marriage by being so overweight!
I gained over 100lbs after I got married and hurt my back (I really did hurt my back...ended up with sciatica over cleaning a stoopid washing machine My hubby bought new ones when the washer died...both are front loaders Can't hurt my back again that way hehehe....
Anyways...MWL gave me back my pre-marriage body (mostly ) and gave me back my wedding ring which, coincidentally, is too big for me now
A lot to make us think....thanks....

cindy
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Back on track!

ChefTrish, I used to think my dryer was broken until I asked myself why only my clothes were shrinking. I couldn't figure it out.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Oh I also found out today that I have lost 8 inches in my waist. I went from a 36in waist, and as of today I have a 28 in waist.

Too whoever asked about my muscle mass, yes it has gone up a few pounds since I started running, but if you look at my log, then it has gone up a little one week, but then the following week I will have a big loss week, so I guess it's paying off in the long run (literally). I run 3-4 miles twice a week, and once a week I run 6-8 miles.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
CONGRATS to all of the Weight Loss

Happy that everyone is doing well, and to those that stalled, or didn't have the results they planned... REMEMBER you didn't gain, you didn't binge, you didn't eat until you were sick, you didn't mindlessly roam the kitchen and eat anything you could reach, so YOU used self control and that's a GINGANTIC accomplishment alone.
I'm kind of down tonight. I made a BIG boo boo We had a spur of the moment dinner @ Red Lobster tonight for work, and I made a HUGE mistake. I thought if I ordered the Sirloin and Shrimp I would be safe BUT OH NO I WASN'T HOW in the WORLD does grilled sirloin & shrimp have 30 carbs?!?!?!?!?!? Of course, I ran home to pull up the website to check the nutrition information, and I was UTTERLY SHOCKED I really don't understand how this could be. The shrimp is served on a bed of mashed potatoes, which I didn't realize. The waitress cleared my plate of them, and brought me a side of brocolli. I'm praying that the information is screwed up on their site, and includes those DARN mashed potatoes, because I really can't believe that you could eat 30 carbs from a garlic butter marinade on shrimp? The peppercorn sirloin was listed @ zero carbs.
So, that totallly ruined my night, because I am really feeling like I sabotaged myself, unintentionally! So my carbs for the day were more like 60 or so?
I checked my ketosis a bit ago, and I was still in Small. I feel like I really screwed up today.

Sorry to sound like a "Debbie Downer" tonight.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-04-2011 at 07:02 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Don't beat yourself up about it Rachel. There were times in my original loss when I ate more carbs that I was "suppose" to, and didn't get kicked out of ketosis. But even if you are out, just do a day or two of week one eating and I'm sure you'll be right back in. For what it's worth I stopped testing in ketosis around week 10 the first time around. The doctor told me that happens sometimes when you exercise a lot (I am a runner). So I stopped testing, and haven't tested for it since. And I've still lost pleanty of weight. I just stuck with the plan, stayed under my carb level and calories allowed and didn't stress about it.
Closed Thread