Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #721
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Thanks ForHisGlory, that's a great idea.
Well, I'm going to try my first day of my second week of the c25k training. I have only been jogging at a 4.0 but it seems to be working cuz already I feel like I can jog longer than the time it tells me. Yay!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day
In a few weeks you will be surprising yourself with the jogging. I did the whole program and was on the last week and then had a week where I just could get it in because of work (two weeks ago). I decided that I would start the freeway to 10k (because I have signed up fow the Tough Mudder in December...12 miles with obstacles ). The 10k training starts off back at intervals so i figured it would make for a nice transition. I ran twice last week following the first week of the program. Then I went to run on saturday morning and took my BF's dog (actually a 1 year old puppy) with me. I got a few minutes into the first running interval and then the dog decide to cut right and trip me up. I went flying on the pavement . didn't hit the ground terribly hard but I did seem to skid. That took the skin off of my knee, palm, elbow and even a bit on my side/hip....Then I got to limp myself home all nice and bloody.

Soooo I have not been able to run since then... the missing skin on my knee is what is bothering me when I try. I am hoping that it will heal up enough soon so that I can get back to running!

The moral of the story? Don't trust your boyfriends dog not to try to kill you. Hard to be mad at the pup though... too darn cute. But he won't be running with me again anytime soon.
GatorEng2007 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #722
Junior LCF Member
 
changes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
I am here to talk out my day. Today was my birthday lunch at work - my team took me out to a place of my choice - I did a Vegan cafe (since they serve seitan) and that was lovely. My team is very aware I am on a healthy eating mission so they didn't get me a cake - they did however bring me the Starbucks Cake Pops. I do love those! I had one Rocky Road pop, a nice bday treat without over indulging, but I am sure ketosis might be a long lost friend tomorrow. Anywho, that cake pop set off a trigger for me. After eating it, I left and drove home. However, I noticed that the minute I was done with that one pop, I was ready to barrel through sweets and carbs. I have not caved, and will not cave, but wondered a few things from the great community here:
1. How do you handle triggers? What do you do instead of acting on them?
2. If you do a bit of indulgence, how do you counteract that to be more "medi friendly"? For example, I just consumed the cake pop - is it smart of me to go ahead and do a good amount of exercise today (even though it is my day off) to try and burn all the carbs to keep in ketosis?

Any insight would be lovely..
Orlando's weather today has been insane - so the treadmill or a DVD would be the culprit for birthday love.

holly
changes is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #723
Junior LCF Member
 
changes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Grats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla1960 View Post
I just got home from my appt! I lost 4lbs!! I am going to extend the 3 day cleanse to 4, I kind of screwed up by having a glass of wine last night. No more wine for me, I want to succeed!!
congrats to you!!! woohooO! feels great!!!
changes is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #724
Junior LCF Member
 
changes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
jogging advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
In a few weeks you will be surprising yourself with the jogging. I did the whole program and was on the last week and then had a week where I just could get it in because of work (two weeks ago). I decided that I would start the freeway to 10k (because I have signed up fow the Tough Mudder in December...12 miles with obstacles ). The 10k training starts off back at intervals so i figured it would make for a nice transition. I ran twice last week following the first week of the program.
When I mentioned to my doc at Medi that I was an active walker/jogger, he actually told me to take it down a notch so I could lose fat. He wants to keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone instead of the higher zone. This has been a struggle for me to power walk, but I do try and throw in a minute or 2 jog during these walks. Did your doc ever advise you of this?

holly
changes is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #725
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 29
Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
I am here to talk out my day. Today was my birthday lunch at work - my team took me out to a place of my choice - I did a Vegan cafe (since they serve seitan) and that was lovely. My team is very aware I am on a healthy eating mission so they didn't get me a cake - they did however bring me the Starbucks Cake Pops. I do love those! I had one Rocky Road pop, a nice bday treat without over indulging, but I am sure ketosis might be a long lost friend tomorrow. Anywho, that cake pop set off a trigger for me. After eating it, I left and drove home. However, I noticed that the minute I was done with that one pop, I was ready to barrel through sweets and carbs. I have not caved, and will not cave, but wondered a few things from the great community here:
1. How do you handle triggers? What do you do instead of acting on them?
2. If you do a bit of indulgence, how do you counteract that to be more "medi friendly"? For example, I just consumed the cake pop - is it smart of me to go ahead and do a good amount of exercise today (even though it is my day off) to try and burn all the carbs to keep in ketosis?

Any insight would be lovely..
Orlando's weather today has been insane - so the treadmill or a DVD would be the culprit for birthday love.

holly
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well dont know how significant my advice will be as I am only in the second wk, but.....since ya asked. I say, whats done is done. It is after all your birthday! Dont beat yourself up because you cant take it back. If you simply cant let it go, sure -hit the treadmill for a while until the guilt goes away. Otherwise just put it behind you along with that urge to slurge. I totally get the domino effect of cheating for just a bite. Thats is how being overweight at 160 pounds led to being obese at 200. Just dont do it. I tell myself over and over again if necessary: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Add a little Faith and let the temptation go. ok..alot of Faith. Anywho.. you CAN do it. Just let it go!
ps. I might need you to remind me of this advice in the near future so keep it close. lol Good Luck!
ForHisGlory is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Praying for NO SNOW! I really can't handle much more of winter!! I am right on the border of 4-6inches and 6-12 inches of SNOW!!
cheftrish is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #727
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
When I mentioned to my doc at Medi that I was an active walker/jogger, he actually told me to take it down a notch so I could lose fat. He wants to keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone instead of the higher zone. This has been a struggle for me to power walk, but I do try and throw in a minute or 2 jog during these walks. Did your doc ever advise you of this?

holly
Holly, I have lost 113 lb and 92 of them fat, in 9 months. Nobody told me how to exercise, I exercised hard with the heart rate very much above the fat burn rate and fat was coming off. I was concerned about it too and from what I read is that you get to burn more fat with the vigorous exercise then moderate, unless you drastically increase the time that you exercise moderately. But who has time to spare?
irabeslim is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #728
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
When I mentioned to my doc at Medi that I was an active walker/jogger, he actually told me to take it down a notch so I could lose fat. He wants to keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone instead of the higher zone. This has been a struggle for me to power walk, but I do try and throw in a minute or 2 jog during these walks. Did your doc ever advise you of this?

holly

Interesting. One of the counselors mentioned once that something like volleyball with more intermittent busts of high energy would burn more fat than a steady jog, because my metabolism would stay at a higher rate for longer after the activity. I don't know how much truth there is in that though. They never told me to take it easy on the jogging. instead they said it was good that I was doing it. I don't know how much I buy into the theories on what type or level of exercise burn the most fat... I do the running because it gives me a goal and keeps me motivated. Whether or not it helps my fat burn I don't know... but I also am down 50 lbs and have yet to have a week where I have not lost weight. I say as long as you are working hard, getting a nice sweat, and feel good afterwards, then it is all goodness.
GatorEng2007 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #729
Junior LCF Member
 
changes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Interesting. One of the counselors mentioned once that something like volleyball with more intermittent busts of high energy would burn more fat than a steady jog, because my metabolism would stay at a higher rate for longer after the activity. I don't know how much truth there is in that though. They never told me to take it easy on the jogging. instead they said it was good that I was doing it. I don't know how much I buy into the theories on what type or level of exercise burn the most fat... I do the running because it gives me a goal and keeps me motivated. Whether or not it helps my fat burn I don't know... but I also am down 50 lbs and have yet to have a week where I have not lost weight. I say as long as you are working hard, getting a nice sweat, and feel good afterwards, then it is all goodness.
Charlie - the sad thing is when I do these power walks - I don't really sweat, which drives me nuts. I think I am going to test out jogging again and see what the scale says - it doesn't buy into fads! Thanks for the advice!

holly
changes is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #730
Junior LCF Member
 
changes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Holly, I have lost 113 lb and 92 of them fat, in 9 months. Nobody told me how to exercise, I exercised hard with the heart rate very much above the fat burn rate and fat was coming off. I was concerned about it too and from what I read is that you get to burn more fat with the vigorous exercise then moderate, unless you drastically increase the time that you exercise moderately. But who has time to spare?
love it Irina!! I like your philosophy - I certainly don't have time to spare!
holly
changes is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #731
Junior LCF Member
 
Jbojennjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Winning!!

Just got back from my appt. and down 4.5 more lbs! Haven't gone a week without losing and I'm crazy motivated.... this week. Last week was another story. I was on week 5 and the blahs started to kick in. You know.. the life-is-so-unfair-and-I-feel-like-I'm-having-to-deny-myself-everything mood. I was able to snap myself out of it and really tell myself why I'm doing this and just looked at myself in the mirror for awhile. Yeah, like a crazy person! But, I felt better and this week has been wonderful again! I think I stress myself out over calories and carbs, but I refuse to put anything in my mouth that I'm unsure about.... it's the only way to beat this darn food addiction I've been battling for YEARS!
So, 40 lbs down in 6 weeks! Ready to say good-bye to the 190's forever! Thank you all for your inspiring words... I read them daily!

Jenn
Jbojennjenn is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #732
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Triumph!

I had a very emotional weigh in today. It didn't hit me until I was sitting in the "counselors" office waiting for her to review my food journal. When she mentioned how well I am doing, I BURST into tears. It was uncontrollable! I was so ELATED. It was like it finally clicked mentally that I have the ability to change. It was finally real, that I don't have to be a potato chip eater, or a snicker's bar indulger. I can live without all of that CRAP I used to eat; and, most importantly I can feel good without it!
I share this to say that change is incredibly hard, especially when trying to change something about yourself that you have done for a lifetime. But I am optimisitc, that I can finally get this deamon off my back. I am so thankful to this board. I love Keri's, Deb's, Mary's , and ChefTrish's input (just to name a few). I feel like I am on this trip with all of you, and with your support and adivce we can get there, and STAY there!
Come on Week 9!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-31-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #733
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Praying for NO SNOW! I really can't handle much more of winter!! I am right on the border of 4-6inches and 6-12 inches of SNOW!!
OH my goodness Trish...I am right there with you! I would loss another day from my spring break if we have another snow day tomorrow!!! I am going to scream.

Some of the other teachers were saying that maybe the National Weather Service is playing an April Fool's joke on the northeast! Ha ha...I wish that were remotely close to being true.

I am going to go do my no snow dance.

Changes!
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member
 
kbhayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 66
Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Mental Lapse

Has anyone ever had a complete mental lapse and not even realize you did it??? Last night my husband and I were watching TV. He sat down next to me with a bowl of popcorn. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and put it in my mouth. My husband turned to me and asked me if I knew what I had just done. I was completely oblivious. It has me worried that I am not even aware of what I was doing.
kbhayward is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #735
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Interesting. One of the counselors mentioned once that something like volleyball with more intermittent busts of high energy would burn more fat than a steady jog, because my metabolism would stay at a higher rate for longer after the activity. I don't know how much truth there is in that though.
Charlie- this is true. Interval training burns more than steady pace activity. I just did intervals today on the treadmill. Doesn't mean you stop doing the long runs...just mix it up..one day do the long run, then next day to weights, next day do intervals of like 2mins hard running, then 2 mins. walk etc...

I just heard this talked about on Ben Greenfield's podcast- he's great- I encourage everyone to check him out and also Living La Vida Low Carb podcast.
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #736
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhayward View Post
Has anyone ever had a complete mental lapse and not even realize you did it??? Last night my husband and I were watching TV. He sat down next to me with a bowl of popcorn. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and put it in my mouth. My husband turned to me and asked me if I knew what I had just done. I was completely oblivious. It has me worried that I am not even aware of what I was doing.
This has happened to me before when I have been "watching" what I am eating. Fortunately, this has not happened to me while doing MEDI, yet! I hope it doesn't!
Are you avidly journaling? If not, I wonder if that contributed to the lapse? I've never journaled diligently, until starting MEDI. I have found that since I have been recording everything I eat, I am more aware of my eating habits.
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am a runner. I run 3-5 miles 3 times a week, most weeks. On my non-running days I do strength training like squats, lunges, jumping jacks, planks, arm curls, crunches.... I also try to do "fartlek" runs at least once a week, which basically means, run at a slower pace for a bit, then run as fast as I can for a minute or so, and then back to a slower speed, and repeat every 2-3 minutes. I do that for about 30 minutes, with a "cool down" run at the end. I have done this for almost a year now and I have burned fat the whole time. It works for me.
__________________
Lins
Starting weight 212lbs
lins is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Just got back from my appt. and down 4.5 more lbs! Haven't gone a week without losing and I'm crazy motivated.... this week. Last week was another story. I was on week 5 and the blahs started to kick in. You know.. the life-is-so-unfair-and-I-feel-like-I'm-having-to-deny-myself-everything mood. I was able to snap myself out of it and really tell myself why I'm doing this and just looked at myself in the mirror for awhile. Yeah, like a crazy person! But, I felt better and this week has been wonderful again! I think I stress myself out over calories and carbs, but I refuse to put anything in my mouth that I'm unsure about.... it's the only way to beat this darn food addiction I've been battling for YEARS!
So, 40 lbs down in 6 weeks! Ready to say good-bye to the 190's forever! Thank you all for your inspiring words... I read them daily!

Jenn
Wow, 40 lb in 6 weeks, that's awesome. Congratulations! You must be doing something right. I thought I was a fast loser - but nothing like that! Would you mind sharing what is your eating plan looks like? Even after achieving my goal weight, I still fight my food addiction, sometimes winning and sometimes losing. Right now, I am on losing side and want to get back to my goal.
irabeslim is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member
 
grfxgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 154
Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Anyone having any issues with exhaustion around week 5/6? I'm having the worst nights of sleep and it's been so hard to get up in the mornings. Still taking the melatonin but maybe it's not working on me anymore?

Sore throat is back as well as the sniffles. Just got over this on Tuesday. Sigh.
grfxgrl is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #740
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Jenn- you are my new hero!!! 40 lbs in 6 weeks?!! Wow! You should be so proud of yourself girl! Keep on keepin on.

Charlie- weird as it my sound because I do not know you but you are my workout inspiration! I found out about C25K from you on this board. So thank you and congrats on your successes and so sorry about your boo boos.

Rachel- I'm singing the 80's hit "What a Feeling" for you right now!
Yay You!!!!
Enigma is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #741
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 29
Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Jenn, totally love that your "WINNING"! How funny! You go ahead girl. I am awe struck with your 40 pounds in 6 wks and I agree with ENIGMA, you are a hero among heros and my new inspiration. Thanks for sharing and letting us be apart of your glory. woohoo!!
ForHisGlory is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Karla1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,726
Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
I am so inspired by all of you!!
Does antone weight their food? When I went yesterday for my nutrition class, they told me to get a food scale. Any rec's for a cheap one? She said not to spend a lot of money on it, since I will eventually be able to calculate without it.
Karla1960 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #743
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
WOW what a GREAT group! Everyone is doing so well!

SLEEP lets see.....yeah didn't sleep well last night due to storms (I'm not afraid of them, they were just noisy) Melatonin is one of those supplements that your body does get used to.....I use it sometimes, then switch to Mid-Night IF I need. I also use 1 Benadryl to sleep on occasion. It's VERY safe.....in fact many Dr. recommend it for elderly patients who have trouble sleeping. I found that I have to be careful of MOST over the counter sleep meds, because they really knock me out and I feel "hung over" the next day.

Karla I still weigh and measure A LOT! I already had a digital food scale. Most cooking stores have them now. I think I've even seen them at Walmart, Target, and K-Mart.....DH bought one for use in the garage at Harbour Freight Tools . Originally I ordered mine from Amazon. I agree with your center that you will need to get used to seeing what a "serving size" really is. At least once a day I put what I think is say 3 oz of chicken on my plate, then I weigh it just to check......I'm getting pretty good at it!

Running to all of you "natural" runners I am SO JEALOUS I WANT to run SO much! I'm pretty sure that I don't have anything wrong with my knees, that make them pop, hurt, and tighten up.......I think that since I'm 59 and have never, EVER run more than a few steps in my whole life (probably not even as a kid.....I had Rheumatic Fever so couldn't do ANY physical stuff as a young kid) my knees are weak, and are SHOCKED when I want them to run now ...........still working at it though! We looked for a bike for me today, without luck
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
I am a little sad at my weight loss. I lost 11 pounds so quickly and now haven't lost much...maybe 2 lbs- hard to tell this week with bm issues and TOM. I am trying not to get discouraged and not sure what I am doing wrong. I am keeping my carbs low and I have even tried to keep cheese out because I thought that might be causing some troubles. I also try not to have any sugar substitutes as that can cause problems too.

Today I have had:
2.5 oz Salmon- 115 cal
1 chicken THin and trim sausage- 70 cal

2oz Chicken- 120 cal
half oh yeah wafer bar - 105 cal
Keto protein shake- 100 cal

Dinner will be: 4oz Lean ground turkey with taco seasoning-190cal
maybe some sour cream- 60cal

128oz of water maybe more after I do heated yoga this evening

(occasionally I will have mashed cauliflower or green giant cauliflower or broccoli with cheese sauce- that's 50-60 cals)

The good thing is I don't feel hungry, but I am not feeling thinner either. I don't have the benefit of going to a clinic so those of you experts out there...I am all ears...and eyes too Suggest away!

Thanks

Last edited by Kristine29; 04-01-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Kristine29 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
I am a little sad at my weight loss. I lost 11 pounds so quickly and now haven't lost much...maybe 2 lbs- hard to tell this week with bm issues and TOM. I am trying not to get discouraged and not sure what I am doing wrong. I am keeping my carbs low and I have even tried to keep cheese out because I thought that might be causing some troubles. I also try not to have any sugar substitutes as that can cause problems too.

Today I have had:
2.5 oz Salmon- 115 cal
1 chicken THin and trim sausage- 70 cal

2oz Chicken- 120 cal
half oh yeah wafer bar - 105 cal
Keto protein shake- 100 cal

Dinner will be: 4oz Lean ground turkey with taco seasoning-190cal
maybe some sour cream- 60cal

128oz of water maybe more after I do heated yoga this evening

(occasionally I will have mashed cauliflower or green giant cauliflower or broccoli with cheese sauce- that's 50-60 cals)

The good thing is I don't feel hungry, but I am not feeling thinner either. I don't have the benefit of going to a clinic so those of you experts out there...I am all ears...and eyes too Suggest away!

Thanks
Your calories are quite low, and carbs are low too. May be what you are missing are Fat burners and shots - they help with metabolism, I think.
irabeslim is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #746
Junior LCF Member
 
Jbojennjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Wow, 40 lb in 6 weeks, that's awesome. Congratulations! You must be doing something right. I thought I was a fast loser - but nothing like that! Would you mind sharing what is your eating plan looks like? Even after achieving my goal weight, I still fight my food addiction, sometimes winning and sometimes losing. Right now, I am on losing side and want to get back to my goal.
Well, I have a pretty busy life with full-time job and kids so I don't vary as much as I should... a typical day is

B - 6 deli thin sliced turkey or ham with laughing cow cheese wedge spread and rolled up and coffee or water

L - 1 c salad greens with precooked bacon slices and soy cheese or turkey pepperoni or diced chicken... I vary this meal because it depends on my mood - then Walden Farms dressing.. I'm addicted to the Italian with Sun-Dried Tomatoes... I still have no idea how they make it taste so good and have no calories or carbs!

D - This one is usually a precooked chicken breast or turkey burger with a salad or cauliflower (mashed with the popcorn cheese sprinkles).

I have a deep love for Edamame so I snack on those if I start feeling hungry or while I'm cooking dinner for the family.

That's pretty much it! I log everything with ************ on my iphone and never go over my calorie limit. I'm pretty strict on myself... but, I've needed to be for my entire life, so this is good for me. Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

Jenn
Jbojennjenn is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #747
Junior LCF Member
 
Jbojennjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHisGlory View Post
Jenn, totally love that your "WINNING"! How funny! You go ahead girl. I am awe struck with your 40 pounds in 6 wks and I agree with ENIGMA, you are a hero among heros and my new inspiration. Thanks for sharing and letting us be apart of your glory. woohoo!!
Thank you and I'm pretty awe struck myself when I get on the scale or walk by a mirror.... but, I had gotten to a point where I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore without feeling completely disgusted with myself. I wanted to take pics with my kids and feel like they could show them to their friends without embarrasment.

Ya know, I've always been pretty self-confident, even being overweight. It really hit me when we took the kids to a waterpark and some kids behind us were giggling and laughing and I heard one kid say "she looks like Big Momma trying to go down a slide". My son got furious and it hurt my daughter's feelings, I think more than my own. I just knew I had to do something... my denial of my food addiction had gotten the best of me.

So here I am! Ready to see what I can be and how good I can feel at under 200lbs. :-) Sorry to be so long-winded!

Thank you for listening... or reading!
Jbojennjenn is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #748
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Thank you and I'm pretty awe struck myself when I get on the scale or walk by a mirror.... but, I had gotten to a point where I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore without feeling completely disgusted with myself. I wanted to take pics with my kids and feel like they could show them to their friends without embarrasment.

Ya know, I've always been pretty self-confident, even being overweight. It really hit me when we took the kids to a waterpark and some kids behind us were giggling and laughing and I heard one kid say "she looks like Big Momma trying to go down a slide". My son got furious and it hurt my daughter's feelings, I think more than my own. I just knew I had to do something... my denial of my food addiction had gotten the best of me.

So here I am! Ready to see what I can be and how good I can feel at under 200lbs. :-) Sorry to be so long-winded!

Thank you for listening... or reading!

With this attitude you will be at your goal at no time! You are an inspiration for everybody including us, those achieved their goal weight, but still battling our lifelong food addiction
irabeslim is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #749
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Rachel - You are so right, this is definitely an emotional journey...especially when you have those moments of "I deserve this, I can do this, I WILL do this". I teared up in a dressing room one day, then took a picture of myself in the jeans and texted my mom and DH. You are pretty inspiring yourself too!

I feel like I havent written much lately - we have closed on the new house and have several weeks to move out of the old house before closing, so each night we have been taking car loads of stuff there. We have so so so much STUFF, I mean ridiculous amounts! It amazes me the stamina I now have though carrying boxes up and down basement stairs, never once needing to catch my breath! DH commented on it last night, I couldn't even imagine what I would be like doing this at my previous weight.....it would be a nightmare!

I have been slacking on my water again, and I know it because I am thirsty, chapped lips, dry skin.....but it's like I get so wrapped up in what we're doing. Today I bought a case of water though and put it at the new house, no excuses when I am there that I forgot my water at the old house!

Someone asked about weighing food - I do what Mary said, I have a digital scale at home and no longer weigh/measure every item (but i measured EVERYTHING all through acute and up to about a month ago) but at least once a day I take my portion and then put it on the scale to see how close I am in my guessing....usually I am pretty close!

And to comment on the "gaining fat" on the tanita scale.....if my weight went down week to week, great.....I tried not to get too caught up in how the scale breaks our body weight down. I always doubted it's accuracy in a 10 second reading.

I had my monthly weigh-in this past Tuesday....I have officially lost 105 lbs (10 more than my original goal). Monthly weigh ins seem kind of pointless for me right now, it is over in a second (it takes longer to weigh me, take pulse and bp then the time in the consultation) but I still feel like I want/need that accountability. So, for a few more months at least I will stick with them.

Enjoy the weekend!
__________________
~Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #750
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Hi ladies,
Had a good medi week. A few too many calories but medi friendly. It's the week before TOM and I feel in control but really hungry. Does anyone find that they have to up their calories on major workout days or they feel like they can't function? I get major low blood sugar around 4 or 5 and have to eat fruit and a protein snack or I fell terrible.

Barb- I was at a huge stall. Right around 160- It's a comfortable place for me and I realized that all of my goal pants fit. I never really had a goal wt. in my head, only for medi because they asked. For me, it's all about how I feel and how things fit. I fell off the wagon because of it, gained 7lbs in 6 weeks then got back on the wagon and went back to medi full force. (I don't recommend that plan but for me I had to fail and prove that I couldn't do this alone yet). I talked to my favorite NP about it and realized that I am never going to be perfect and that is okay. If I fall out of ketosis, following medi, I will eventually end up back in. I also started journaling. I make sure I write down everything I eat and count my calories but I also started putting some post its on the page with my feelings surrounding my eating. I have always avoided actually writing them down because I thought thinking about it was enough but it wasn't. The other big obstacle for me $. I thought I would be at maintenance and done weekly WI by now and it is costing me much more money than I expected over all because I got stuck. I decided to accept that I am worth this investment. I was not successful myself and that is okay. I have to do what works and Medi is the one that works. I also set a new pair of pants as my goal (I am wearing one pair of goal pants today and they are way too baggy and all but fall down Do you vary your calories at all or do you stick to exactly your alotted calories every day? I find that by increasing my calories on my workout days, I lose more.
ericak44 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.