Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneval View Post
Hi everyone,

Just got back from my 3-week weigh in and lost another 3.2 pounds -- for a total of 16.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am very happy with those results and am SO excited for next week to kiss the 160's goodbye! :-) My pants feel looser too!!!

Am I overreacting? The lady I had last week was FANTASTIC! We chatted about jogging, she gave me a few pointers, she asked about my goals and told me I was well on my way, keep up the great work, etc. I left there feeling so great; today I left feeling frustrated and discouraged, and discouragement is the fastest way to failure for me. I really don't know what to do. I can't change the time I go to the clinic, as I have to go after work, and this gal seemed to be the only one there today.

Thoughts? Am I just cranky?

Helene
Helene,
First CONGRATS on your loss so far!!!

While I do think you're right about it all evening out in the long run. I do pay attention to my fat loss. Water is so unstable, the fat-loss seems more permanent to me.

At my clinic I really dislike it when the Dr. weighs me in. So today I had my favorite girl and I "jokingly" told her that her shots didn't hurt and I always have a good loss week with her and could she do it everytime. She said sure. We'll see if it happens. But you could try something like that. I'd definitely stick with the girl who is so positive if I were you! Just put a positive spin on it for one girl, rather than a negative one for the other.
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Helene- Is there a different day that you could go for weight-ins. I ask because there is one girl that I don't like as well. I am a runner, and when she asks what I've been doing for exercise and I say (running X about of miles..I give her that weeks total), she ALWAYS says "I really hate running, what else are you doing?" It's really annoying. And I do strength traning, and some bike riding, but the majority of my workouts do come from running. I like it, it works into my schedule (more miles in a shorter amount of time), and it's a great overall workout. There are other reasons she's not my favorite but that' the biggest issue. But anyway, I switched days, because I couldn't go on a Monday so I planned it for Wednesday instead, and to my surprise she doesn't work on Wednesdays. So I don't have to see her anymore.

If not then I think I would just say to the receptionist or maybe one of the nurses that you do like, that for whatever reason your personality doesn't mesh with the other lady and ask if you can see someone different. Ask her private and tell them you don't want to hurt her feelings.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Congrats Lins and everyone else who lost this week!

I wish I had good news to share this week, but I'm in a slump. I weighed in today and was up .7, and I feel like I've been so close to hitting the 60 lb mark for weeks but just can't seem to get over it. I know I have been getting sloppy, not exercising as hard as I should and getting careless with calories, but can't seem to kick it back into high gear again.

Any suggestions from those who've been there? I feel like I am getting confortable and I am still too far from where I want to be to get comfortable.

Barb
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Congrats Lins and everyone else who lost this week!

I wish I had good news to share this week, but I'm in a slump. I weighed in today and was up .7, and I feel like I've been so close to hitting the 60 lb mark for weeks but just can't seem to get over it. I know I have been getting sloppy, not exercising as hard as I should and getting careless with calories, but can't seem to kick it back into high gear again.

Any suggestions from those who've been there? I feel like I am getting confortable and I am still too far from where I want to be to get comfortable.

Barb
me, me, me (waving hand wildly).....oh you asked for suggestions??? SORRY I read it that you were asking if anyone else has "been there".....that's ME
Seems I've been "STUCK" ever since I hit 160....IF I lose anything it's only 1 pound and it takes WEEKS to lose that 1 pound! My body seems comfortable at this weight and at this amount of exercise. I need to change up my exercise, but the pool is still to cold to swim, and I don't have a bike any more.

Worse yet, my new scale seems to weigh me about 3 pounds HEAVIER than my old scale

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #695
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I see a lot of talk about alcohol and ketosis. You may already know this, but for those who don't.....Alcohol (like vodka, rum etc) will not knock you out of ketosis, and can actually cause ketosis because the body can make ketones out of alcohol. The problem is alcohol converts to ketones more easily than fat and so your liver will burn the alcohol ketones first and put your fat burning on hold. You can have a glass of wine or martini just be careful- you will still get a ketosis reading, but you are not necessarily burning fat, but alcohol.
Thanks for this response - I was told to make sure I just have plenty of protein before and after (along with water) so a glass of wine doesn't knock me out. When you spend so much money on this program, sometimes it is hard to look at it from a perspective of "this is the long haul" when making choices - even birthday celebrations!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:10 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I am not sure if I'm just being over-sensitive or not.

Please talk to the clinic manager about this problem. My sister was in a similar situation. She called and made a appt. with the clinic manager on a non-weigh in day. Not only did the manager make arrangements for her to meet with a NP she got along with but her feedback was used to help in the training of the originial counselor. She may not realize it but you could be helping her be better at her job. Remember you PAY for this service.
Regarding motivation during the 'slow period' I suggest you start to set up a series of 'mini goals' for motivation that are not related to the scale. Everyone seems to hit that period where it seemed no matter what you do the scale just won't move. Your a runner maybe use that. Anything that works for you, just be realistic so you don't set yourself up for failure.
If none of that helps just come back here. Everyone here is on your side and you will definitely get lots of advice. Good Luck!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #697
Senior LCF Member

When in a slump I recommend changing things up a bit. Change what you are eating (not how much, still eat lean proteins, and stay on calorie goals). Like if you don't normally eat eggs, start having one of those for breakfast. Basically don't eat your "regulars" for a few days. Change your exercise too, if you normally walk, then try biking, or go buy a new exercise video, do jumping jacks, try new strength training exercises, try yoga or pilates. Dance around the house. Make sure you are getting all your water in. Just consinterate on a "new" goal. Like today I will do 100 jumping jacks, and drink 128oz of water. Today I will eat turkey instead of beef.....just change it up. And then reward yourself once you've dropped another 5 pounds. Get a massage, buy a new pair of pants, go to a movie...whatever you want.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
I have a little story to tell! I have been to my clinic twice now. The first visit was my free consultation. My DH went with me. The girl was going down the benefits of losing weight and one of them was that my family would be happier. My DH says to the girl " she makes me happy no matter what weight she is". My heart melted, even though I already knew this, it was nice to hear it. When the girl and I were alone, she said I was so lucky to have a guy like that. I'm sure she see's some real jerks. Then on my second visit she asked where my DH was, I think she has a crush!! I thought it was a cute story to tell.
Today is the first day I will be taking the appetite suppressant. I'm so excited about this journey I am taking. I also bought the protein stuff you put in your water. They said it will speed thing up a little. Tomorrow will be my last day on the 3 day cleanse, and I will have a nutrition class tomorrow!!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Mary and Lins- Thanks, I think I do need to mix it up. I just read through my journals and realized I have been eating the same breakfast and lunch pretty much every day since November. My exercise routine has been the same too: treadmill, arc trainer and occasionally weights. No wonder my weight loss is in a rut, I am in a rut! I am going to do some classes at the gym and try some new meals. If mixing it up has worked for you, I'm willing to give it a try. Both of you have inspiring stats!

And Mary, I think it is amazing how successful you are doing this on your own. Your great attitude always makes me smile. The new scale may be unfriendly, but your success is undeniable

Karla - That was such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing

Barb

Last edited by barbwired; 03-30-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #700
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
A www Karla great story! I think I have a crush on your DH too
Went to the gym this morning and tried the bootcamp conditioning class. Not bad at all, I will go back to that one for sure. I'm sure I'm driving the RN at my clinic crazy but I always have calories in calories out on my brain. I worry that if I workout too much I will send my body into starvation mode. She assures me that is not the case and to continue working out. (sigh) so I will do what she says and see what happens on the scale next week. Is there a calorie burn that you exercisers try to reach daily?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #701
Junior LCF Member

Hello there ForHisGlory my FL neighbor! Thanks for the response about the opc-3. I researched online last night and didn't find anything harmful about it or the company. The only thing is she said it was supposed to help with energy but in the fact sheet it doesn't say anything about that but the b complex powder does. I wonder why she didn't have me try that? Anyways I feel fantastic today but it's a little unfair she gave it to me on the same day I got both my shots. So I don't know exactly what's making me feel good today. So confused
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Hi everyone,
Congratulations to all who have lost. For those who are having trouble....I say, just keep plugging. I seem to have good weeks and off weeks. I really don't know why. I went for my midweek shot last night and the nurse measured my waist and found that I had lost 4 inches Wooo Hooo! My pants are really starting to bag on me and that makes me soooo happy!

My family is in the process of placing my Mom in a nursing home and that is creating a lot of stress for me. It's taking a toll emotionally for me and I'm having a hard time controlling my eating. I wish I had the reverse problem..not eating when I am emotionally challenged.

I am doing my best though and by my next weigh in on Saturday, hope I haven't done a lot of damage.

Total lost 31.9 lbs.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
To Baysidegal:

I know how emotionally draining the decision to place a parent in a nursing home is. My sister made that decision to do that for our mom so I know what you must be going through. Stay strong and if in your heart you know that this is the best thing then turn it over to God and ask him to give you peace with this.

Please don't give in to the emotional eating because then you'll have that guilt to have to deal with. Think about it and you'll realize that you really don't want anything to eat after all. It's so funny how our emotions and mind can make us behave in a manner that is not what you really want to do. Be strong and say no to the urge to eat something bad. You can do it and we are here for you.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla1960 View Post
I have a little story to tell! I have been to my clinic twice now. The first visit was my free consultation. My DH went with me. The girl was going down the benefits of losing weight and one of them was that my family would be happier. My DH says to the girl " she makes me happy no matter what weight she is". My heart melted, even though I already knew this, it was nice to hear it. When the girl and I were alone, she said I was so lucky to have a guy like that. I'm sure she see's some real jerks. Then on my second visit she asked where my DH was, I think she has a crush!! I thought it was a cute story to tell.
Today is the first day I will be taking the appetite suppressant. I'm so excited about this journey I am taking. I also bought the protein stuff you put in your water. They said it will speed thing up a little. Tomorrow will be my last day on the 3 day cleanse, and I will have a nutrition class tomorrow!!
That was so nice of your husband. You have a keeper!!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Jeanie, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but you know you are doing what is best for her. This is never an easy decsion I have been through this and know what a heart-wrenching time this must be for you, please know that I am thinking of you and praying for your family and for your mom.
And good for you for sticking with this program during this hard time! By doing this you are remaining strong and healthy for your mom and the rest of the family as well as yourself. Take care of yourself emotionally, take a break if at all possible and give yourself permission to fall apart too (you don't always have to be strong), you can come here and vent and grieve the change in your relationship with your mom (going from child to caregiver/decision maker is very stressful and sad) anytime you need.

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-30-2011 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
Mary, I don't know how you do it without the AS/Fat burners. ~Roni
Barbwire said: And Mary, I think it is amazing how successful you are doing this on your own.

Roni, and Barb I have to tell you that there is NO way on Heaven's Green Earth I'd CHOOSE to do this without the AS, FatBurner, and MIC shots! As soon as I can I'm going back to the center (Jupiter Florida), and getting all the "extras" I can!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #707
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amylu
Stats: 252.8/241.4/<200
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 03/13/2011
Down 4.4 pounds...but up in fat!!! What?

Ok so I was so excited to hear I had lost 4.4 pounds, then the lady follows it with "but you gained fat". Please tell me sometimes the scales can be a little funny. I just can't see how I would gain 4 pounds of fat in a week! Has anyone else had these problems. The lady weighing me asked about my bowel movements, could infrequent BM and constipation be mistaken by the scale for fat?

Thanks,
Amy
Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Hey Guys!

Still here, but nothing to report this week. I was sick on my weigh-in day and rescheduled for next week I'm still truckin' along but wanted to stop in and say hi and tell everyone congrats on their successes this week!

Ya'll rock!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylu View Post
Ok so I was so excited to hear I had lost 4.4 pounds, then the lady follows it with "but you gained fat". Please tell me sometimes the scales can be a little funny. I just can't see how I would gain 4 pounds of fat in a week! Has anyone else had these problems. The lady weighing me asked about my bowel movements, could infrequent BM and constipation be mistaken by the scale for fat?

Thanks,
Amy
I don't have any educated answers to your questions BUT I know about those infrequent BM's . Someone, I think it was Mary, suggested that I ditch the colon cleanser and take magnesium instead. I have been doing that since week 2 and I am happy to report that the magnesium is working like a champ

Maybe give that a try?

HTH!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Amy- not having a bowel movement could certainly make you heavier. I am not sure how you lost 4.4 and yet gained fat? That is weird. I have to say this, having bought a Tanita scale, who gives a bleep if it's water, if it's fat....to me a lose is a lose...the number has gone down- YIPPIE!

I am currently having bowel issues too it's pre-period fun time which accounts for the eating of coolwhip mixed with ff, sf, jello. OH I am glad I don't have that in the house anymore. (cause I ate it all

I am at a bit of a stall right now due to the bm trouble and upcoming TOM..grrr I hate being a women sometimes!!!

IT's hard for me to know if this diet is working for me with all this women and bm stuff getting in the way! FRUSTRATED!!!

I wondering if I am starving myself too? I don't feel like I am. Someone mentioned calories in and out....
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I had to laugh, last night I was running around with my teenager trying to get her scheduled for some summer college classes (first she forgot her paperwork so we had to go back home, then she forgot her ID so back home again). 3 hours later we finally have everything done and we were both starving so we stopped by Chili's to grab a bite. I am studying the menu and checking out calories on my phone app. and decide that Chicken faijita would be my best option. The waitress takes my order then, she smiled said "I'm doing Medi too I'll take care of you". The fajitas came out without all the usual oil and were delicious.
I guess 'we' are everywhere.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 AM   #712
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Hey Enigma, the important thing is that you feel good! yeah! If you are interested in the opc3 or the b comlex maybe try not taking the shots next wk so that you can see the difference. just a thought. good luck neighbor. i am rooting for ya!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Wish me luck today. It's going to rain all day, and I will be home with a 3 yr old (who is at the moment, very cranky). These are the days that I am tempted to eat. Luckily I don't have junk in the house, but I could still go overboard, so I pray that I can stay motivated. I plan to do a workout video or maybe 2.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:19 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I had to laugh, last night I was running around with my teenager trying to get her scheduled for some summer college classes (first she forgot her paperwork so we had to go back home, then she forgot her ID so back home again). 3 hours later we finally have everything done and we were both starving so we stopped by Chili's to grab a bite. I am studying the menu and checking out calories on my phone app. and decide that Chicken faijita would be my best option. The waitress takes my order then, she smiled said "I'm doing Medi too I'll take care of you". The fajitas came out without all the usual oil and were delicious.
I guess 'we' are everywhere.
That is a great story! I usually get looked at like i have 4 heads when i ask for no oil, no sides, and no tortillas
Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #715
Junior LCF Member

Thanks ForHisGlory, that's a great idea.
Well, I'm going to try my first day of my second week of the c25k training. I have only been jogging at a 4.0 but it seems to be working cuz already I feel like I can jog longer than the time it tells me. Yay!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Wish me luck today. It's going to rain all day, and I will be home with a 3 yr old (who is at the moment, very cranky). These are the days that I am tempted to eat. Luckily I don't have junk in the house, but I could still go overboard, so I pray that I can stay motivated. I plan to do a workout video or maybe 2.
The rain isn't supposed to hit here for another hour or so.....sure is getting windy and dark though. I've decided to do the SHRED video, instead of walking.....

I don't envy you being stuck in the house when you're so used to being outside. Maybe if the storm isn't too bad, you and your kiddo still might want to "play" outside for a while.......maybe it's time to jump in puddles, make mud pies, and just be silly......the rain is good for your skin!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #717
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
Hi all!
I haven't posted here for a while, but have been continuing on the plan since Jan and am down 19.5lbs (actually am down another 2lbs at home since Monday); probably MWL's slowest loser, but it's been steady (and just about all of it fat) every week and I am happy! (doctor told me my age is the biggest factor in slow losing)

I have a question re the second set of shots during the week....I have only gone a couple of times for the free and optional shots, but I do get both on my weekly visit. Does anyone here have any kind of feedback or personal experience as to whether or not the second set of shots help the weight loss? I don't really need the B6 shot for energy, but am mostly wondering about the optional shot- they tell me it increases metabolism and helps the loss. I am just not sure about that- does anyone here have an opinion or experience to help me decide whether I should really try and get there for a second set of shots every week?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am also curious about the shots. I am going to be getting the b6/b12 shots 3 times a week.
I go for my first nutrition class today. I can't wait to see what is next. I know I will be keeping a food journal.
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #719
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heleneval
Stats: 177/158.8/125
Start Date: March 9, 2011
Thanks everyone for your feedback on my question about the counselor who I don't seem to "click" with. I appreciate everyone's ideas. I am going to show up as usual next week and hope I get the other counselor that I like, and if I do, I'm going to ask her what I need to do to get her all the time. If I get the other counselor, I'll see if it's any different this time around. If not, I will make another decision at that point as to how to get the "good" counselor! My clinic is only open 2 evenings/week, and I can only go in the evenings due to work, so I could switch from Tues. to Thurs. if I have to.

Lins, I'm right there with you on the rainy day. Orlando is miserable today! Did 40 mins on my treadmill this morning, but these are the days that the refrigerator calls me! I did made Medi-Gummies today for the first time, so if I am desperate, I can nibble on those.

Amy, I am probably in the minority here, but I am a skeptic when it comes to the fat/water thing on the scale. This past week, I was up in fat too, even though my pants were looser than they had been. But I gained fat??? I may be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that 5 seconds on a scale can accurately give fat/water ratios. As long as my numbers are down, I pay no attention to the fat/water. Just keep working the program, and it'll all fall into place. I would drive myself nuts if I tried to analyze why I was up in fat, because most of the time I've done everything right on program.

Helene
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just got home from my appt! I lost 4lbs!! I am going to extend the 3 day cleanse to 4, I kind of screwed up by having a glass of wine last night. No more wine for me, I want to succeed!!
Closed Thread