Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Well, still no answers on HBP. Went to doctor and it was down but her reading against my cuff was reading low (mine was saying much higher- I have an electric cuff). So she said to buy a new cuff, I did and it is reading high as well (I always wait 10 min after sitting to take BP) so I called my friend/neighbor who is a nurse and she also got a high reading manually within 2 points of both my electric cuffs (and she took it three times because she couldn't believe how high it was), so now do I call my doctor and tell her her reading was wrong? I did call my pharmacist and I am being switched to the type of generic i was using before, they switched brands on me 5 days ago, I noticed change in BP 3 days ago. So hopefully that is the problem, she said sometimes inert ingredients don't allow absorption of active ingredient. Crossing fingers!
I have been very stressed lately about family business (sibling) that is pulling me away from my family and my own business (catering). Trying not to let it get to me. I only drink decaf these days!
Congrats Lins! you are an inspiration! I can't wait to surpass my goal!

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-28-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #662
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Love your added inspiration, Trish!

Just thought that I would mention how much I enjoy seeing your added bible versus to further inspire people, For His Glory!! Here is one on temptation that I love:

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way to escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 cor 10:13

and

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. phil 4:13

Thanks for the inspiration.
Shauna
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I've just gotten back from Jax and my G'Son's first birthday celebration! We went up on Friday and spent the whole weekend. I was REALLY happy/impressed that this really has become a way of life for me, and really nothing phases me too much......of course there were always things I could eat. My only REAL temptation was Ry's B-Day cake, so I took a VERY small piece and ate about 1/2 of it then tossed the rest in the trash. There weren't any leftovers, so that made the rest of the time easy! I wish I could say the same for Bill but I was good and know I can't controll anyone but me! He's a big boy and can make his own choices! We did walk daily while there.....I got eaten up by mosquitos

Our new scale arrived, so am anxious to try it tomorrow.....I know I didn't drink enough (of anything) today!

Looks like everyone is doing GREAT

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Mary glad your wknd went well. I was hoping you might have tried your goodies from netrition.com, especially your davinci toasted marshmallow. That sounds so yummy i could just taste in a hot cocoa.
I am considering placing a order since I can't get the Power Crunch bars locally and I want to get some DeVinci pineapple for a marinade recipe.
I don't understand it but I went through my maintenance paperwork and couldn't find anything about the 40/40/20. So I definitely need to ask them about it. I'm going to go back through my journal from my maintenance days and see how I did. Right now I am eating acute to finally get the last of this weight off. I'm not going back to the clinic until I get back to 158lbs just 9 more lbs.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I found power crunch bars at walmart today.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Everyone is doing well it seems! I had a CHAOTIC day from H*LL! I just sat down to do my food journaling and realized that I ate over my 40carbs for today, ACCIDENTALLY! Fortunately, I only had 45. Unfortunately, I had just opend up a nice ice cold Michelob Ultra, which I was looking forward to enjoying/ trying tonight. Oh Well, I gave it to the hubby, cleary it is a GREAT beer because he is drinking it, and hasn't mentioned that it has any strange taste.
My crockpot Adobo chicken turned out really yummy! In fact, apparently it smelled so good today, at work when I was warming it for lunch, one of the nurses ran into the break room to ask for the recipe! Does anyone have any good MEDI crock pot recipes to share?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Mary glad your wknd went well. I was hoping you might have tried your goodies from netrition.com, especially your davinci toasted marshmallow. That sounds so yummy i could just taste in a hot cocoa.
I am considering placing a order since I can't get the Power Crunch bars locally and I want to get some DeVinci pineapple for a marinade recipe.
I don't understand it but I went through my maintenance paperwork and couldn't find anything about the 40/40/20. So I definitely need to ask them about it. I'm going to go back through my journal from my maintenance days and see how I did. Right now I am eating acute to finally get the last of this weight off. I'm not going back to the clinic until I get back to 158lbs just 9 more lbs.
I've used the DaVinci Toasted Marshmallow in coffe so far, and it was really good.....mainly just the sweetness, It's a very mild flavor, but I've had it before (found it at TJ Maxx) and really liked it. I think I'll place another Netrition order soon. There is a protein crunch (granular stuff) that I'd like to try in place of a cold cereal.

I also tried the liquid splenda I bought from Netrition and really like it. TINY little bottle I think 1 drop is equal to 1 - 2 teaspoons of granular splenda, but no carbs!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I found power crunch bars at walmart today.
I'm going to TRY to remember to look for them tomorrow. Bill did find the Everglades Heat in Jax, and bought some. Tried it on Roast Beef last night at DD's and it was good!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I'm going to TRY to remember to look for them tomorrow. Bill did find the Everglades Heat in Jax, and bought some. Tried it on Roast Beef last night at DD's and it was good!
Congrats, Mary!!! Doesn't if feel good to go down to another number? Awesome!
~Roni
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

I have a question for all you experienced experts . . . I know they (the powers that be) recently changed their minds and now say "muscle does NOT weigh more than fat." BUT how is it I'm actually getting smaller every week, but the last two weeks haven't had much weight change? (Last week I went down only .8 of a pound, but it was all fat) But I also returned a pair of jeans I had purchased and got 2 sizes smaller.

And is anyone else on the emotional roller coaster I feel like I'm stuck riding? LOL I feel like I have two moods: elated (at what I've accomplished) or (whining about what I haven't)! I have to wonder if it's the low blood sugar, the AS or the fat burners.

Thanks for being the absolute perfect group to ask! This would be so hard without anyone to "talk" to!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 03-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #671
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hello, all! I've been away for several days, and just catching up. I just joined the 20 lb club! Five weeks in...

Also, I just found out that I earned "partner" in my job. So that is a huge relief. More than 15 years of really hard work, really uncertain future---finally paid off. Had a glass of red wine---and still stayed in ketosis!

Roni---I have no idea about the fat vs. muscle thing (also, like you, thought muscle weighed more was true, not familiar with the new science) but I do agree that sometimes I feel like I'm losing and it's only a tiny loss or vice versa. But then when I look that you started only in January and I in February----that's a lot of weight loss in a short amount of time. Maybe our bodies adjust in different ways.

Re. mood swings: yes, I hear you. My hunch, for myself, is that part of my swings are a disbelief that I can do this, and a new movement away from food to moderate my emotions. What the heck do I do with these emotions at 3pm, if I can't go to vending machine? Or can't munch at 10pm after everyone is asleep and I finally can slow down and rest and watch some tv.... I love your Collier quote. Keep on keeping on---and we'll get there.

BTW we have almost the same goal and starting weight. I started at 172, and am now at 152. Hoping to get down to 130 or 125.

Best to all! LBeetle
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Roni- although muscles and fat may way the same (I have no idea I haven't researched it), muscles do take up less space than fat. So it's totally possible to not haver your weight go down, but you still loose inches because you are replacing fat with muscles. With this way of living you can't dwell too much week to week. You have to look at the overall picture. I personally know that I will have 2 weeks of lower losses and 2 weeks of higher losses, almost every month. I lose weight every week, but not always a lot. For example last week I lost half a pound, but this week I lost -2lbs. It all evens out. I just remind myself that a loss is a loss and keep on working at it
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Roni I KNOW that as MY body drops weight it shows in my face, boobs hands and feet first.....YES, I had FAT feet! then (after looking at my print outs from the clinic) it appears that that I stalled a bit on weightloss BUT that was when I really saw my fat/weight shifting around. It really takes my skin some time to tighten up around the areas that used to be filled with FAT.

I've been losing SUPER S-L-O-W-L-Y since The beginning of the year. I think it's my body trying to tell me that it's comfortable at this weight.........it's a lower weight than I've been at in at LEAST 25 years (probably more) BUT I'm NOT done, and it's not a vanity thing (at least not entirely) but I'm only 5'2" so to be really healthy I need to lose more. During this time my body has continued to SHIFT the weight around. I even took pictures just to see for myself. Even though I'm at the same weight I've been (within a pound or two anyway) I've gone into size 12, and now am in SOME 10s.......most of the 12s are loose, but yet I find I'm not solidly in ALL 10s......I LOVE this and it makes me happy, but I have to admit I'm MORE than a little frustrated at the scale not moving much! I'm NOT taking the AS or fat burner so I think it's just ME making my emotions jump all over the place! I've actually seen some of the fat move BACK into my "love handle" area! THAT doesn't make me happy at all!

I'm closing in on a year since I started at Medi, and I'm READY to move into Maintenance, but guess that's not in the stars right now. Hang in there and we'll just keep plugging along together! You're doing great!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-29-2011 at 05:48 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Roni- although muscles and fat may way the same (I have no idea I haven't researched it), muscles do take up less space than fat. So it's totally possible to not haver your weight go down, but you still loose inches because you are replacing fat with muscles. With this way of living you can't dwell too much week to week. You have to look at the overall picture. I personally know that I will have 2 weeks of lower losses and 2 weeks of higher losses, almost every month. I lose weight every week, but not always a lot. For example last week I lost half a pound, but this week I lost -2lbs. It all evens out. I just remind myself that a loss is a loss and keep on working at it
Lins, how long did it take you to lose the pounds that you gained on this restart?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #675
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heleneval
Stats: 177/158.8/125
Start Date: March 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
I have a question for all you experienced experts . . . I know they (the powers that be) recently changed their minds and now say "muscle does NOT weigh more than fat." BUT how is it I'm actually getting smaller every week, but the last two weeks haven't had much weight change? (Last week I went down only .8 of a pound, but it was all fat) But I also returned a pair of jeans I had purchased and got 2 sizes smaller.

And is anyone else on the emotional roller coaster I feel like I'm stuck riding? LOL I feel like I have two moods: elated (at what I've accomplished) or (whining about what I haven't)! I have to wonder if it's the low blood sugar, the AS or the fat burners.

Thanks for being the absolute perfect group to ask! This would be so hard without anyone to "talk" to!
~Roni
I'm definitely not an experienced expert, but I do know there's a lot of confusion on the muscle vs. fat thing. Basically, 4 pounds of fat weighs exactly the same as 4 pounds of muscle -- of course! The difference is that same 4 pounds of muscle doesn't take up as much space as the 4 pounds of fat does. That's why you can weigh exactly the same but go down in size.

My weigh-in is later today. Very excited for my 3rd weigh in! I have had really no problems at all, except for some irregularity. Seems that's common around here. I'm not uncomfortable (not feeling constipated) -- I just don't "go" very often at all. I have no idea if that's ok or not. I'd worry more about it if I was uncomfortable, but I'm not.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #676
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
Start Date: March 2011
Hello Medi Family! My name is Tiffany. I have been reading/lurking for about 3 weeks now. I started Medi , well today was my 3rd weigh in. So I guess im now on week 4! I look back now and I cannot believe I made it this far! I remember week one when I was like everyone else, tired with headache wondering "what am I doing" and "Can i do this?"
I have to say this site/ you guys got me through every single day. Thank you! So, Ive lost as of today...17lbs! woootie wooo! So as soon as I figure all of this posting stuff out I will for sure add my info. Thanks again I look forward to talking to you all.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #677
Junior LCF Member

Okay- so when I weighed in today , I mentioned again how tired I am all the time. Do I get all of my shots? yes. So she says their is a Nutraceutical Consultant (you know I had to look at her card to type that! haha) in the office and takes me to her. She tells me about NutraMetrix OPC-3. Mixes me up this dark purple cocktail and I give it a try. She sends me off with product info and Im in the process of researching online. Has anyone heard of this or tried this?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Okay- so when I weighed in today , I mentioned again how tired I am all the time. Do I get all of my shots? yes. So she says their is a Nutraceutical Consultant (you know I had to look at her card to type that! haha) in the office and takes me to her. She tells me about NutraMetrix OPC-3. Mixes me up this dark purple cocktail and I give it a try. She sends me off with product info and Im in the process of researching online. Has anyone heard of this or tried this?
Not heard of that. My clinic suggested that I have fruit for my snack in the afternoon and that has helped significantly with afternoon fatigue. Congrats on your weight loss. I had my five week weigh-in today - down another 6.5 lbs. for a total loss of 28 lbs.! I've also lost five inches in my waist!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Had first weigh in since vacation, up 1.2 lbs, but water was way up too, so very pleased overall (I was expecting worse). New meds have brought down BP a little, they say to wait a day or two, am off stay slim and fat burner. I asked about supplements raising BP and they said at the clinic that the Fat Burner raises Blood Pressure more than Stay Slim (I would have thought opposite looking at ingredients), but that stay slim can raise your heart rate. Also FYI, not sure if I put this in, but did anyone know that SNORKELING burns 400 CALORIES per hour for an average 150 lb person? I know what I'm doing next vacation.
Congrats LBeetle on making partner and joining 20lb club!! hope to be there soon!

Rachel, did you see that Medi website has a recipe contest? you should enter your recipes!

I see a lot of talk about alcohol and ketosis. You may already know this, but for those who don't.....Alcohol (like vodka, rum etc) will not knock you out of ketosis, and can actually cause ketosis because the body can make ketones out of alcohol. The problem is alcohol converts to ketones more easily than fat and so your liver will burn the alcohol ketones first and put your fat burning on hold. You can have a glass of wine or martini just be careful- you will still get a ketosis reading, but you are not necessarily burning fat, but alcohol.

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-29-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Irina-It took me 16 weeks to from 176.6 to 135, which was my original Medi goal. From November to the end of February I went back up to 148 (up 13lbs). In the last 5 weeks I have gone from 148 back down to 134.5 (down -13.5lbs). I am now aiming for 125lbs.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #681
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kam1814
Stats: 257/233/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 29, 2011
Hello All,

I'm soooooo glad I found this board. I'm new to medi; had my initial consulation yesterday and started the diet today. I've been looking at a lot of the posts here and there are some serious success stories !!! It's getting me really jazzed up about my potential success. I also took a look at the week 1 thread and will be updating my shopping list accordingly. Once I complete the first few weeks, I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipies posted here. Thanks again for this great board. You guys are a REAL inspiration.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #682
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Peagle, and yes thats kind of what they said last week when I mentioned fatigue. She said to have half of a granny smith before hard workouts. Makes since both ways
Congrats on your outstanding weight loss thus far!! woo hoo
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1814 View Post
Hello All,

I'm soooooo glad I found this board. I'm new to medi; had my initial consulation yesterday and started the diet today. I've been looking at a lot of the posts here and there are some serious success stories !!! It's getting me really jazzed up about my potential success. I also took a look at the week 1 thread and will be updating my shopping list accordingly. Once I complete the first few weeks, I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipies posted here. Thanks again for this great board. You guys are a REAL inspiration.
Welcome to this board, kam1814! I looked at your stats and they are practically like mine - I started at 253 and reached a goal of 140 in 9 months. I don't know how tall you are - I am 5'2''. Stick with it - it works - there will be some ups and downs - but you will be so happy, it will be new you.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Hi! I just signed up yesterday, and started the 3 day cleansing today, which is basically induction. I will see the Dr. today and get my appetite supressent. They were trying to get me to purchase this protein powder to put in water, you drink it in between meals. Should I get this? It is kind of pricey. I feel good about this program, I hope it works!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #685
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heleneval
Stats: 177/158.8/125
Start Date: March 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

Just got back from my 3-week weigh in and lost another 3.2 pounds -- for a total of 16.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am very happy with those results and am SO excited for next week to kiss the 160's goodbye! :-) My pants feel looser too!!!

Anyway, I need some honest opinions. I am not sure if I'm just being over-sensitive or not. Over the years, I've tried many diets, as I'm sure many of you have, and I always seemed to ditch the diet midway through. Upon reflection, I realized that I ditch the diets when I feel discouraged, feel it isn't working, feel it isn't worth it. While I know that Medi is a faster weight loss program than many, I'm still realistic in that I will have some weeks that aren't as good as the ones I've been having, and I'm preparing myself for that. Preparing myself to keep my chin up and keep going, and not to let the scale totally ruin my progress.

The problem is, one of the counselors at my clinic (who I have had 2 out of the 3 times I've gone in for my weekly visit) doesn't make me feel real good. I know she doesn't mean it, but I feel like she's belittling me, or is a bit condescending. I know she's new to Medi, because on my initial visit with all the testing, she was training that day. For example, today when I got on the scale and saw I lost another 3.2 pounds, I was thrilled. The lady who weighed me said "good job" and I was really happy with my loss. The counselor, however, pointed out that while the numbers on the scale went down, I went up in fat. I told her that I had noticed that but feel that everything evens out in the end, that I would go crazy if I analyzed water/fat every week, that I had followed the program and was in ketosis every day, my pants were definitely looser, so I wasn't worried. However, she kept saying "Let's try to get to the bottom of what the problem is." I didn't feel there WAS any problem, and I kept saying that. But she felt there was a problem with what I was doing, and she was trying to solve it. She asked about everything ("Are you drinking all your water?" "Yes" "Are you eating no more than 20-25 carbs?" "Yes" "Are you eating at least 500 protein cals. per day?" "Yes" and so on -- she was stumped because I was doing everything right.)

Then when she asked me about exercise, I told her that I was still walk/jogging about 4 days/week, and trying to increase the amount of jogging I do each time. She said I should try sprinting. Well, I know from experience (I used to be a marathon runner, 40 pounds ago, LOL) that sprinting is the quickest way for me to get injured. I told her this, that I didn't want to sprint until I had lost more weight, as I was afraid of injury especially now that I'm over 40 years old (this counselor looks to be about 22 years old and 100 pounds, LOL), and I almost felt scolded when she said that if I don't do something else, my body will get used to my exericse. At that point I just shut up. I didn't point out (again) the fact that I'm increasing my jogging each time and going for longer each week, and had told her that I am starting to tackle some hills once a week. I just felt she was finding all the wrong stuff, and not encouraging me with how well I thought I was doing.

Am I overreacting? The lady I had last week was FANTASTIC! We chatted about jogging, she gave me a few pointers, she asked about my goals and told me I was well on my way, keep up the great work, etc. I left there feeling so great; today I left feeling frustrated and discouraged, and discouragement is the fastest way to failure for me. I really don't know what to do. I can't change the time I go to the clinic, as I have to go after work, and this gal seemed to be the only one there today.

Thoughts? Am I just cranky?

Helene

Last edited by heleneval; 03-29-2011 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

"Am I overreacting? The lady I had last week was FANTASTIC! We chatted about jogging, she gave me a few pointers, she asked about my goals and told me I was well on my way, keep up the great work, etc. I left there feeling so great; today I left feeling frustrated and discouraged, and discouragement is the fastest way to failure for me. I really don't know what to do. I can't change the time I go to the clinic, as I have to go after work, and this gal seemed to be the only one there today.

Thoughts? Am I just cranky?"

Helene, consider yourself lucky that someone is spending time talking to you, looking at your stats, thinking. I was always rushed, given pills and shots, nobody talked to me unless I had a question and to be honest I never receive any useful answers. Those fat % are fluctiating so I would not worry if they come up in one week but got down the next. May be this counselor, being new, kind of hurt your feelings, but don't feel discouraged, follow your diet and see what happens next week.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #687
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ForHisGlory
Stats: 212/200/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 03/22/11
Hey Enigma, We are both south floridians. Yoohoo! I have heard of the nutrametrix. in fact, my very good friend is a rep and i have a whole closet full of opc-3 (its a bff perk). MANY people swear by it. I have no discipline for taking anything daily...i know, how am i doing this diet with all the pills? Its frustrating. So the effects of opc-3 i dont know personally, but i would definately try it out for yourself as so many people have said great things about it. Not sure if it is sold nationally or just in so/flo. so others on this site may or may not have heard of it. Let me know if you try it and like it. Good Luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Helene- If this counselor is not working for you, quietly ask the receptionist if you can see the counselor from last week that made you feel good. Weight loss is 90%emotional and 10%science for me. I know what I am supposed to eat and have know for a long time. I know the ins and outs of the diet, I know the difference between protein and carbs. It sounds like you are like me and need the person who is going to motivate you, not pick apart what you did or didn't do right without asking. I don't have a number weight goal as much as a size or body feeling goal. The counselors shouldn't try to be more focused on the numbers than you are. If you are happy with your loss, they should be too. It's okay to mention it but if it's not stressing you, it shouldn't stress them. You are paying them a lot of money to help you in this journey, be a happy customer. There is one counselor I don't feel like I get much from at my clinic and I am getting ready to request to not have her. She tends to talk about herself a lot and can't remember who I am even though I have seen her several times, have talked to her several times, and even did clinical time for NP school in the medi clinic.

I had a great loss this week! I am down 5.2. I was on spring break, had little stress, got to the gym 3 times for really hard workouts and feel great. Now it's time to break through this mental obstacle (lowest adult weight ever) and hit my goal.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Mary, I've noticed losing in weird places, too. I have some shoes that feel better and one pair that will fall off when I cross a leg! LOL And my fingers -- thank goodness -- I'm wearing my wedding ring again for the first time in a year and a half!
As for the loose skin -- I found something that has worked for me. I have waited to say anything, to see if it worked . . . but I really think it has. Mary Kay Vitamin C Serum and their toning lotion. (No, I don't sell it, but my friend who inspired me to do Medi does!) I thought the skin on my neck and stomach was looking like a half-shedded snake for awhile, and now it's looking normal again! (Been using the lotions faithfully for about a month, month and a half.)
Mary, I don't know how you do it without the AS/Fat burners. You rock! And I'm grateful that we all have others to keep plugging along with! Thanks for all your good observations.

Lins, thanks for pointing that out -- I think I have that 2 good weeks/2 bad weeks pattern, too. Might be hormones. I know the TOM really messes me up. And good point -- I need to keep hearing/saying to myself -- that I'm in it for the long-haul, and only look at the big picture.

LBeetle, I still have those same "low" times of day -- you were right on the money on 3 and 10 p.m.! That's neat that we have such close stats! Congrats on making partner and losing 20 pounds. Isn't it awesome not to say, "I need to lose 20 pounds (when I really meant 40)" But to be able to say, "I've LOST 20 pounds!"? LOVE it!

Heleneval, that makes sense about muscle taking up less room than fat. It's certainly feels tighter to "wear." LOL

At Christmastime I was depressed when I had to buy a size 12 pair of jeans. (I've very short and small-boned, BTW But I sure wasn't looking it!) And for my b-day dear hubby took me shopping and I bought a pair of size 8's. By the next weekend I still hadn't worn them, when I tried them on I could tell I would be "out-shrinking" too soon for the money.So, I took them back to get 6's and walked out with 4's. That's just a miracle to me! And that was after a week with a .8 weight loss. Go figure.

Thanks for all your input and encouragement. Truly you are a HUGE (but ever-shrinking, LOL) reason Medi is so successful for many of us!
~Roni
Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Trish- I would definitely get a second opinion about your bp. I hope that changing back to your normal generic helps. They didn't even do any lab work? What was their explanation for the palpitations? I would have them check your thyroid, electrolytes, and even an ekg if the palpitations are persistent. I also agree with Deb that you should definitely get back on your vitamin and fish oil regime.
Closed Thread