Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #571
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heleneval
Stats: 177/158.8/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 9, 2011
Hi everyone,
I don't post here much, but I read it religiously...every single day. I just had my 2nd week weigh-in, and after losing 9 pounds the first week, I was preparing for a much smaller number the 2nd week. I was thinking 1-2 pounds. I was floored when I found I lost 4.2 pounds! Total weight loss for 2 weeks is 13.2. WOW! And according to the BMI calculator, I am now in the "overweight" range instead of "obese." Funny, I never thought of myself obese. LOL.

Lins, I am like you in that I run...or at least I used to before I gained all this weight. I have run 5 marathons and 22 half marathons. My last race was 2 years ago -- a half. Even then I was overweight by about 20 pounds, but right now with even more weight on me, just jogging is a struggle. My goal is to get back in running shape and get back out to what I love so much -- running races!

Like many of you have said, I also keep my foods simple, even though I'm a newbie and it's only been 2 weeks on Medi. So far I haven't even desired any bars or shakes or anything like that. My "treat" is the new Philly cream cheese cooking spreads. Have you seen them? The flavor I got is 55 calories and 2.5 carbs in 1/8 cup (half of a serving, but PLENTY for my piece of chicken!) and it is so delicious that I feel like I'm having a gourmet meal.

The only time in the 2 weeks I've felt like I might get out of control was when I walked through the Easter aisle at Target. Easter candy has always been my favorite, and I had this overwhelming desire to binge! I was even telling myself that being overweight wasn't so bad, the candy gives me so much pleasure, etc etc etc. Luckily I walked away!

Best to everyone!

Helene

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneval View Post
Hi everyone,
I don't post here much, but I read it religiously...every single day. I just had my 2nd week weigh-in, and after losing 9 pounds the first week, I was preparing for a much smaller number the 2nd week. I was thinking 1-2 pounds. I was floored when I found I lost 4.2 pounds! Total weight loss for 2 weeks is 13.2. WOW! And according to the BMI calculator, I am now in the "overweight" range instead of "obese." Funny, I never thought of myself obese. LOL.
Best to everyone!

Helene
Wow! That's awesome!!! I was just telling a friend that my immediate goal is to work "up" to being "overweight." Too funny! Great job on the quick weight loss! This was what I needed to see this morning to get me out on my walk!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneval View Post
Hi everyone,
That is AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
I weighed in yesterday and was down 3 pounds.... putting me at 49.8 total pounds lost. So close to 50! .2lbs?? seriously? hang on, let me use the bathroom again and I will give you those .2lbs... :-D
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #575
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
Start Date: January 2011
Hi everyone. Its been a few days since I been here. been a little busy.
I weighed in on Monday. 5 lbs. lost. I was shocked cause didn't think I lost that much. I have lost 35 lbs. now since Jan. 5 more to go and I can treat myself to some new slacks and hopefully a new size.
Little trouble with my blood pressure tho. Seen family Dr today and he increased a med by half a pill.
Like some of you I am tired of the same things to eat. What are some of the things you all eat in a day. I try to plan out what I am going to eat but I don't sometimes and like others I then grab what I can from fridge in morning on way to work.
Trying to get some ideas from the recipe posts.
Anyway I love this diet and best I have done and why didn't I find this sooner.
Have a great day. See you around, Hugs,lynn
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #576
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
Start Date: January 2011
Thanks Kristine, I checked it out and got my bars coming. I will look forward to trying them.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Toodles -

I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I fix the same things over and over again. A friend recently got me hooked on the DLIFE website. They have alot of recipes that are broken down based on carbs. A lot of them are medi friendly. Made a chili earlier in the week that was awesome from the website. I would encourage you to take a visit.
Diabetic Recipes

On another note, I am really bummed. Had to change my appointment on Friday due to a work conflict. Now I can't get in until next Wednesday.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles View Post
Hi everyone. Its been a few days since I been here. been a little busy.
I weighed in on Monday. 5 lbs. lost. I was shocked cause didn't think I lost that much. I have lost 35 lbs. now since Jan. 5 more to go and I can treat myself to some new slacks and hopefully a new size.
Little trouble with my blood pressure tho. Seen family Dr today and he increased a med by half a pill.
Like some of you I am tired of the same things to eat. What are some of the things you all eat in a day. I try to plan out what I am going to eat but I don't sometimes and like others I then grab what I can from fridge in morning on way to work.
Anyway I love this diet and best I have done and why didn't I find this sooner.
Have a great day. See you around, Hugs,lynn
probably the best place to look for good ideas of what others eat in a day is the thread about energy in and energy out.
Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise)
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Just got back from the store and found those Power Crunch Bars....oh I can see those being dangerous...triple chocolate is too good.

I also found these Balance Bars: Carb Well ..not bad -chocolate peanut butter.
And found these shakes: Pure Protein (cookies and Creme) only 120 calories 1g fat, 2g (or 1 if you do net) carbs, 3g fiber, 23 protein.

They look way better than the Atkins shake, nutrition wise. I'll let you know how they taste soon.

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-23-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles View Post
I typically always have string cheese, hard boiled eggs, medi protein bars, turkey pepperoni, laughing cow cheese, or pickle or jalapeno snack packs on hand for quick snacks. They are all either already individually packaged or can easily be put into a ziploc baggie. I would have to say that string cheese really is my number one snack. I really ought to buy stock in it...

Lunches are almost always leftovers from the night before (today I had 3oz shredded pork that I made in the crockpot yesterday, with walden farms spicy bbq sauce poured over). I typically only cook formyself (or my boyfriend if he is over) so it is easy to always have leftovers. On days when I don't have leftovers on hand I will take a prepackaged chicken breast out of the freezer (purdue even has some that are alreayd seasoned) and throw it in the oven. It takes about 22 minutes to cooked from frozen so I throw it in the oven right before I get in the shower and by the time I am dried off enough I can take it out of the oven. Then it goes into a tupperware to bring to work. On days when i feel like putting a little more effort into it I will take cheese sticks and split them lengthwise and roll them in deli meat with some spicy mustard. one cheese stick and one serving of deli meat make a surprising amount of these little roll-ups.

Basically I try to make sure I always have some sort of meat defrosted every week so that if i find I am out of leftovers I have something ready to go. (I have a stockpile of it in my freezer).

Bacon is always a go to breakfast or quick snack. The bacon I have is 3 slices for 70 calories (and I make sure to sop up the grease). I known to cook up some bacon at 10pm because I am itching for a snack and at least bacon is protein.

I keep my journal online now (I kept it in the one medi gave me for the first month or so, but got irritated and stopped using it because it was too small and I can't write legibly). everyonce in a while I will go back through the online one it to get some ideas. I also type some of my recipes into my posts so that I know they are saved somewhere (even if I have to page through to figure out where)

Weekdays are easy to plan because I know I am in one place for at least 10 hours. Weekends... I typically throw a medi bar and a cheese stick or two in my purse just in case I am stranded.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Charlie- You are doing awesome! Thanks for sharing your strategies. Hearing how other people manage this WOE is very helpful.

Kristine- I have had Quest bars. They are delicious, especially if you microwave them for a few seconds, like a cookie. I ran them by my clinic and they said they were a little high in fat for Medi but could be an occasional snack. I have celiac so I can't eat the Medi bars because they don't gaurantee them to be gluten free while Quest bars are. I love peanutbutter but actually prefer the almond variety of Quest. However, I have found them to be a huge trigger food for me and can no longer buy them so I caution you. I love that they are very high in fiber and don't have sugar alcohol. I hope they work for you.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Treats..no

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Charlie- You are doing awesome! Thanks for sharing your strategies. Hearing how other people manage this WOE is very helpful.

Kristine- I have had Quest bars. They are delicious, especially if you microwave them for a few seconds, like a cookie. I ran them by my clinic and they said they were a little high in fat for Medi but could be an occasional snack. I have celiac so I can't eat the Medi bars because they don't gaurantee them to be gluten free while Quest bars are. I love peanutbutter but actually prefer the almond variety of Quest. However, I have found them to be a huge trigger food for me and can no longer buy them so I caution you. I love that they are very high in fiber and don't have sugar alcohol. I hope they work for you.
HI Ericak44,

Thanks for letting me know you tried the bars. You can get two free on their website to try. I already know that I can't allow myself treats. I could see things getting a little out of hand- especially with those power crunch bars....oh so delicious. But I can see almond butter satisfying some of my cravings....although I can say I haven't had much and I don't want to start craving things once I eat a yummie chocolate bar.

Oh you might want to try the Cocochia bars I mentioned in a previous post. You'll have to read the ingredients and see if it is something you can stomach, seeds might be problematic for you.
Good luck!
Kristine

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-23-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Old 03-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Power Crunch Bars

At my last weigh-in I was told that there was "a little too much sugar" in the Power Crunch Bars. I asked what I could have instead of the medi bars because I just dont like them at all and are overpriced IMHO. My counselor said the Power Protein bars would be best and maybe the Atkins bars.

I love those Power Crunch bars, I am so bummed plus I bought like 3 boxes of those things dangit! Oh well, that will teach to buy stuff before I get it approved by the clinic.

Im leery of the Power Protein bars because they have a disclaimer about uhm... "gastrointestinal discomfort" and I brought that up to my counselor, but he said if you only have 1 or 2 a day you should be fine, its the sugar alcohol that causes it. Plus they seem like a lot of calories... 310 for the one I looked at! So I guess I will be going with the Atkins bars.

Anyway, sorry to babble, guess I'm off to buy more bars now
Old 03-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #584
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Tricia - I actually love the power crunch bars as well. I prefer them due to how "clean" the ingredients are in them compared to other bars out there. The carb to protein ratio is really good as well - I will have to ask my clinic what they think of them - the peanut butter fudge tastes like a peanut butter cup-o-heaven to me

holly
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #585
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Everyone can get a free Quest bar sample if you go to the link in the message I posted earlier (page 19). Might be something to try out that is FREE!- they are low in carb.
Thanks for this - placed my "free order"

holly
Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thanks everyone for the support. I know its only 2 lbs (1.6 as of this morning) and DH was of the "so what, not a big deal....it's just 2 lbs" type of thinking. But I know all too well how 2 lbs becomes 4, then 10, then 15....and so on! We start moving into the new house Monday,it will be a slow move since we don't close on our current house until mid-April...and I cant wait for life to feel "normal" again!

I think it was Lins who said she does best on days where her food is all planned out for the day, and then doesn't deviate from that. I completely agree! There have been days where I knew I wasn't going anywhere, but I "pack" my food for meals and snacks....saves me from standing in the kitchen and staring into the cabinet looking for something that satisfies my craving!

Tonight I was planning on cooking a teriyaki chicken stir fry....but forgot to defrost the chicken. Kept struggling all day to figure out I was going to make,then decided since I had all the vegetables I would just buy some chicken on the way home. Stopped at the store and got rotisserie chicken instead....I still sauteed it with a little low-sodium teriyaki with the veggies, it was so good and so easy. Will definitely do it again!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
At my last weigh-in I was told that there was "a little too much sugar" in the Power Crunch Bars. I asked what I could have instead of the medi bars because I just dont like them at all and are overpriced IMHO. My counselor said the Power Protein bars would be best and maybe the Atkins bars.

I love those Power Crunch bars, I am so bummed plus I bought like 3 boxes of those things dangit! Oh well, that will teach to buy stuff before I get it approved by the clinic.

And yet just another example of how all clinics differ and why we all need to check with our own.....my counselor had told me they were fine (because of the protein/carb ratio) and actually said she had eaten them too. This board is a GREAT source of information/ideas/suggestions....but before anyone follows what they read here it is always best to check with your clinic!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #588
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hey everyone! I hope the week has been going well. I had my one month weigh in and I'm so excited! Another 3.8lbs down for a total of 17.8lbs in a month! I can't believe it. I am now at the lowest weight I have been in over 4 years and have finally gone down a pant size. However, the cravings seem to be a little harder to handle this week then usual. All I've been thinking about is something salty and crunchy. Oh and of course chocolate. I just ate a chocolate medi bar so hopefully that will hold me over. Congrats on all the weight losses this week. Thanks Charlie for the food tips. They were very helpful. Have a great week everyone
Old 03-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Great tips on the food prep and thanks for the info on bars. I have been trying a few different bars and love the atkins endulge. It's 130 calories and 2 net carbs for the caramel nut chew, but these posts just reminded me that I never ran them by the clinic, so I'm going to this week. For those who are fans of the atkins bars, they are on sale at Walmart, at least around this area.

Barb
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Where do you buy the power crunch bars?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Where do you buy the power crunch bars?
I got mine from Amazon, but Keri said they were cheaper at Vitamin Shoppe. They are a better deal when you buy a box vs. Individual bars.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
Tricia - I actually love the power crunch bars as well. I prefer them due to how "clean" the ingredients are in them compared to other bars out there. The carb to protein ratio is really good as well - I will have to ask my clinic what they think of them - the peanut butter fudge tastes like a peanut butter cup-o-heaven to me

holly
Yes! It's like I'm cheating, except that I'm not! I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, so these suckers were perfect. Sigh. My husband is doing me the grand favor of eating them for me. Gee thanks honey
Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I want to try them before I buy a whole box, so I was wondering where I could get them locally.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Had a great moment tonight. I bought some clothes 4 weeks ago from oldnavy and there was a pair of jeans that I needed to return because I could barely get them on, let alone zip them up. I never got around to returning them so I decided to try them on...

They fit! And were actually so loose in the waist area they look weird! I win!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I want to try them before I buy a whole box, so I was wondering where I could get them locally.
Ah! Well I did a quick google search and it looks like Walgreens and Rite-Aid carry them. You have one of those around you? If not, maybe GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or something similar might also
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #596
Junior LCF Member

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Had a great moment tonight. I bought some clothes 4 weeks ago from oldnavy, and there was a pair of jeans that I needed to return because I could barely get them on, let alone zip them up. I never got around to returning them so I decided to try them on...

They fit! And were actually so loose in the waist area they look weird! I win!!!
Congrats to you! I am looking forward to those "unexpected" finds in my closet soon

holly
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I started chewing alot of gum and/or TicTac's when I had a craving and didn't want to eat, per advice from my clinic. But now I find that I am chewing gum almost constantly, I really didn't pay attention to the cal/carb info. until last night, but to my surprise I found I could get up to 10 - 15 carbs a day depending on what I was chewing. Boy did I feel dumb! So no more gum for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
Start Date: February, 2011
I go to the same clinic as Keri, and they say not to eat the power crunch bars because of the sugar content. The only bar I have found that is acceptable (besides Medi) is an Atkins bar I found at Walgreens. I will check on exactly which one it is and get back to everyone with the stats.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #599
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leslie1436
Stats: 5'2" 152/140/116
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 02/19/2011
good morning everyone...
well i was having a great week, eating on plan and working out with no problems. then i woke up yesterday morning with a painful swollen throat. went to the doctor and i have strep (again).

so of course i am on antibiotics the next 10 days. has anyone noticed a decrease in their weightloss because of taking antibiotics? just want to be prepared...

i was very proud of myself though. usually when i get a sore throat the only thing i want is a chocolate milkshake, always makes me feel better. but yesterday i just had some frozen sugar free chocolate pudding instead
Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

OH feel better Leslie! Drink decaf lemon ginger tea or peppermint to soothe your throat!

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY! I got to work out in the morning before work, because we had a two hour delay. I really like working out in the am, but can't normally do it. So I did my run came home and happy to report my weight is back to losing- yippie! (No more off plan planned cheat day- I'll just increase on plan calories if needed). I am surprised I lost because I was having some shrimp, so delicious, for two days and miscalculated the calories for it- so I was eating more than 500....which I suppose with my working out was okay.

Those of you in Florida can get this seasoning that I LOVE! Everglade Heat (The red bottle). It's so good, in moderation, on shrimp and meats and poultry. I highly recommend it and it isn't very hot.

Since I worked out this morning and won't have a workout after work I am treating myself to a massage...ahhhhh can't wait!

Tricia- I think you mentioned about the power bars sugar alcohol causing stomach trouble....I had a few bites of one yesterday and I noticed some bloating. Could be the reason? Which really those are too good to have right now. I will have to wait till I have lost more before I get a treat like that...or IF at all.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Closed Thread