Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaLoser View Post
I have other issues developing rather than losing weight if I get PMS.
HA! So true, Wichita Feel free to share any guy-related frustrations!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Had an excellent day yesterday and my legs are killing me this morning from last night's work out. I'm so motivated and excited, I can't control myself!
It feels so good to finally see things coming together
I have to come up with a mini goal for the month of March.........

~K
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
I have other issues developing rather than losing weight if I get PMS.
You're funny
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

So i had my weigh in on monday and I lost 8.6 pounds! So stoked about that because last week was definitely rough. When I went in for my weigh-in my blood pressure had sky-rocketed because I was so worried I was going to have to do week 1 again because I had somehow kicked myself out of ketosis the day before.

Thank god they didnt. Im not sure I would've reacted with any kind of grace

For March, I am hoping to drop 15-20 pounds. Does that sound reasonable or am I being greedy?

Good luck to us all!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
So i had my weigh in on monday and I lost 8.6 pounds! So stoked about that because last week was definitely rough. When I went in for my weigh-in my blood pressure had sky-rocketed because I was so worried I was going to have to do week 1 again because I had somehow kicked myself out of ketosis the day before.

For March, I am hoping to drop 15-20 pounds. Does that sound reasonable or am I being greedy?

Good luck to us all!

I think 15-20 lbs is a reasonable amount of weight to lose providing any unforeseen obstacles. I am in week three and I weighed my self today and I am 3 lbs more that my last weigh in. Oh I hope it is just water weight LOL.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

What do I do with someone who is always harassing me about what I am putting in my mouth. I love my sister and she has done a great job on MWL having lost 46.5 lbs in 5 months. That is all well and good, but I have to lose at lease 100 lbs.

She insists that I should just follow the menu ( mostly week 1) and not try all the recipes out there for the Acute stage. She told me that I won't lose weight fast enough that way and that diets are not supposed to taste good, so stick to the papers (weekly menus, etc.) they give you and be done with it.

The thing is, she seems to be able to live on turkey bacon and egg whites, deli ham, turkey and greek yogurt. Since she is in wellness, I know she is eating a some low carb english muffins with low carb peanut butter sometimes and pretty much thats it.

I can't live like that. I have to feed our mom and my hubby. So I make a medi friendly meal for dinner with added calories for them as sides. I don't think thats such a big thing. Maybe I won't lose weight really fast, but I don't want to get sick either or pump myself up with so many vitamins and live on protein bars forever either.

Sorry I am whining, I want to lose the weight, but I want to eat too! Can have it both ways????
Old 03-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Baysidegal- as long as you are eating Medi-approved foods, and staying within your calorie range you will find success on Medi. Some people need variety, some people do fine with eating basically the same thing. You have to do what works for you. I did a little bit of both. Sometimes I would just eat the same thing pretty much everyday, but then some days I would really crave something so I would try to make it Medi friendly. I lost 45lbs in 18weeks, so I think I did pretty good. Everyone is different, you HAVE to do what you are comfortable with. So either ignore your sister, or sit down and explain that to her.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Baysidegal- as long as you are eating Medi-approved foods, and staying within your calorie range you will find success on Medi. Some people need variety, some people do fine with eating basically the same thing. You have to do what works for you. I did a little bit of both. Sometimes I would just eat the same thing pretty much everyday, but then some days I would really crave something so I would try to make it Medi friendly. I lost 45lbs in 18weeks, so I think I did pretty good. Everyone is different, you HAVE to do what you are comfortable with. So either ignore your sister, or sit down and explain that to her.
I agree totally with Lins.......I had just over 100 lb to lose as well (I'm STILL working on losing the last 20 pounds), and I have done it both ways.....eating the same thing over and over (because it's what I LIKE) as well as adding in the medi friendly recipes......that's what they are there for! I have NEVER eaten protein bars, but will have an occasional protein shake. I'm NOT a fan of eating what the main LCF boards call "frankenfoods", so if cooking for your family is what works for you then I'd say "pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES, and tell your sister that this is what you're doing, because this is what works for you, and your family" I'm SO glad (and impressed) that your sister has done so well on Medi, and has gotten you started. She will be a GREAT asset, but you are not your sister, so do what works for you, and be proud of your decisions, and accomplishments too!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
What do I do with someone who is always harassing me about what I am putting in my mouth. I love my sister and she has done a great job on MWL having lost 46.5 lbs in 5 months. That is all well and good, but I have to lose at lease 100 lbs.

She insists that I should just follow the menu ( mostly week 1) and not try all the recipes out there for the Acute stage. She told me that I won't lose weight fast enough that way and that diets are not supposed to taste good, so stick to the papers (weekly menus, etc.) they give you and be done with it.

The thing is, she seems to be able to live on turkey bacon and egg whites, deli ham, turkey and greek yogurt. Since she is in wellness, I know she is eating a some low carb english muffins with low carb peanut butter sometimes and pretty much thats it.

I can't live like that. I have to feed our mom and my hubby. So I make a medi friendly meal for dinner with added calories for them as sides. I don't think thats such a big thing. Maybe I won't lose weight really fast, but I don't want to get sick either or pump myself up with so many vitamins and live on protein bars forever either.

Sorry I am whining, I want to lose the weight, but I want to eat too! Can have it both ways????
You know, I totally know what you mean. I am still in the Acute phase and I was encouraged by my clinic to try to mix it up as much as possible--within the limits of the program. They KNOW it's boring to eat the same thing day in and day out and that for some people, this might lead to them falling off the wagon. So, they (and this site) have lots of very creative ideas for staying on the plan during Acute. So, I'd follow the advice of the program and your clinic--every client is different and you are not your sister.

If you look at some of my earlier posts, I was exactly where you are--desperately trying to figure out a way to make this work and so very worried that I would want to have something really sticky, gooey, sweet to eat, or a nice big bowl of chips and guacamole sometime down the line. That really is out of the question for now, but it's not the end of variety entirely. Again, I would do what the clinic suggests and follow your own path to success!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I agree totally with Lins.......I had just over 100 lb to lose as well (I'm STILL working on losing the last 20 pounds), and I have done it both ways.....eating the same thing over and over (because it's what I LIKE) as well as adding in the medi friendly recipes......that's what they are there for! I have NEVER eaten protein bars, but will have an occasional protein shake. I'm NOT a fan of eating what the main LCF boards call "frankenfoods", so if cooking for your family is what works for you then I'd say "pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES, and tell your sister that this is what you're doing, because this is what works for you, and your family" I'm SO glad (and impressed) that your sister has done so well on Medi, and has gotten you started. She will be a GREAT asset, but you are not your sister, so do what works for you, and be proud of your decisions, and accomplishments too!
Thanks Mary and Lins, I feel better already. You're right, I am NOT my sister LOL. She has a stressful and busy job (stock market) and works 12 hour days. I get to run over to her house nightly to feed Mom.
since Mom is elderly, she doesn't eat much, but I want it to be good for her too. My sister is helping me pay for MWL, so I think she feels that I am not entirely committed if I stray over to Medi friendly recipes instead of staying on the hard core route. I will get this straightened out with her. It can't hurt to yell back at her once in a while LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
You know, I totally know what you mean. I am still in the Acute phase and I was encouraged by my clinic to try to mix it up as much as possible--within the limits of the program. They KNOW it's boring to eat the same thing day in and day out and that for some people, this might lead to them falling off the wagon. So, they (and this site) have lots of very creative ideas for staying on the plan during Acute. So, I'd follow the advice of the program and your clinic--every client is different and you are not your sister.

If you look at some of my earlier posts, I was exactly where you are--desperately trying to figure out a way to make this work and so very worried that I would want to have something really sticky, gooey, sweet to eat, or a nice big bowl of chips and guacamole sometime down the line. That really is out of the question for now, but it's not the end of variety entirely. Again, I would do what the clinic suggests and follow your own path to success!!!
Thanks chocolatefan. I need all the inspiration I can get. I really want to succeed with this diet and if I make a few bad choices along the way so be it!
I can always fall back to some of the week 1 meals when I need to.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post

I am of the opinion that this is a lifestyle change rather than a diet, and I need to be able to do this for the rest of my life. So, I think she is putting unreasonable limits on herself and you. I say go for what feels right to you and tell her you appreciate her help and concern but everyone has their own path to reach their goal. and uhmm... backoff
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am of the opinion that this is a lifestyle change rather than a diet, and I need to be able to do this for the rest of my life. So, I think she is putting unreasonable limits on herself and you. I say go for what feels right to you and tell her you appreciate her help and concern but everyone has their own path to reach their goal. and uhmm... backoff
LOL, TELLING my sister would cause total chaos, but I do agree!!! Hopefully after a few more weigh-ins she will backoff and see that I am actually doing it and it will make HER feel a lot better. I just think I need to handle her more gently than most people.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Yikes...

This has been a tough week and it's only Wednesday Had to eat lunch off the salad bar yesterday. I was terrified Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but I've gotten used to weighing & measuring foods. I made my best effort, and only had MEDI friendly veggies and a small serving of tuna. I hope I did ok. My dog was really sick this week ( she's like my child, had her longer than my husband ) so between dealing with her, and my insane work schedule, I've had some problems keeping track of my water and diary. I know I had an extra fat serving probably once or twice this week, because I was really feeling hungry. The scale will tell the tale tomorrow I guess that's why I'm so nervous, about what seems like not the end of the world So, I'm trying to drink as much water as humanely possible today
I've been very OCD about everything single thing I have put in my mouth since starting MEDI. I passed on ordering chinese delivery last night, because although it seems like some options would be ok, I'm not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions for MEDI friendly Chinese options?

BTW my goal for March is to stay on plan, and to try to experiment with more recipes. I'm hooked on Susie's crustless pizza makes me realize that the best part of pizza is the part that I can have! YaY! I'm waiting on my Netrition order to arrive, so I will start experimenting with my Davinci syrups then.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-02-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WichitaLoser
Stats: 281/271/200
Start Date: February 17, 2011
Quote:

Good luck to us all!
GREEDY??? Greed is good! I heard that in a movie....
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Swirveegirl - I find there are some weeks where everything comes together so easily and some weeks that are very hard. When I'm struggling, I just keep writing everything down and cut myself some slack when I need it. Dining out can be tricky, but when I start to get crazed about whether I've had a little too much chicken, shrimp or veggies, I try to remind myself of what I would have been choosing to put on my plate before Medi. That keeps it in perspective for me.

When I asked my clinic about Chinese food they suggested chicken or beef teriyaki sticks or even a chicken wing. I've gone that route a couple of times and it worked out fine.

Hope your dog is feeling better
Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/27/10
Question --- I know there is at least 1 Medi employee on here, and maybe others know too -- what are the qualifications for the consultants who meet with you after weigh-in?

The reason that I'm asking is that the Receptionist at my center is now doing consultations. I was under the understanding that the consultants were "part of the medical team".

I remarked to her "ok, you're doing consults now?" and she said that she had just "learned the Medi way" from working there.

I had a less than stellar appointment yesterday because of this (the way she lectured me about some things completely rubbed me wrong), so I am just trying to get some insight. Maybe I was under the wrong impression and that the "medical people" are on standby if we need them, but the receptionist can perform my consultation if they're shorthanded.

I really like this girl, but I left yesterday with such an "ugh" feeling that I don't want to go back. And we all know that's not good!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
I had my weigh in this morning and I was .2 away from the 20 pound mark!! Ugh... if only I had not had that water on the way in! ;o) .2 is close enough to round up in my eyes though!! My goal for the month of March is to get to the gym an extra day every week. My life is so chaotic, I really have to FORCE myself to take some "me time".
Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Swirveegirl - I find there are some weeks where everything comes together so easily and some weeks that are very hard. When I'm struggling, I just keep writing everything down and cut myself some slack when I need it. Dining out can be tricky, but when I start to get crazed about whether I've had a little too much chicken, shrimp or veggies, I try to remind myself of what I would have been choosing to put on my plate before Medi. That keeps it in perspective for me.

When I asked my clinic about Chinese food they suggested chicken or beef teriyaki sticks or even a chicken wing. I've gone that route a couple of times and it worked out fine.

Hope your dog is feeling better
Thanks a lot for your reply. You have a very valid point, I know exactly what I would have put on my plate before anything carb laden, fried, full of fat and saucy (General Tso's) I think I'm being a little hard on myself, people that know me the best always say that's a big problem of mine.
I will take your advice, because your stats prove that it works

Congrats Kelly! That's really wonderful.
Not Giselle, I understand how you feel about this. I found myself thinking the same thing, actually after my initial visit. I really have no idea what the credentials are for the "counselors". At this time, I have no complaints because all of my experiences have been positive, but as a RN I really am curious about the education, training, and standards that the counselors have.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-02-2011 at 10:08 AM..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hey Swirveegrl, I had chinese last Friday and had Shredded Beef, not sure if that is an option where you are. Basically veggies and some beef stirfryed with hoisin (I think). I was TOTALLY retaining water after that though and had to drink tons Sat and Sun, also had a headache (I think from too much sodium). But it was SOoooo worth it! I was able to eat out with my fam. and not feel deprived!
I am also curious to find out what the counselors education is. I assumed they were Rn's or NP's I think mine is an NP, but maybe all of them aren't?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
KellyinVenice, ahhaha! I can so relate to kicking myself for drinking liquids before weigh in. I have a 45 min drive to clinic and have to have my coffee. 20 oz venti half caf americano....that's 1 1/4 lbs!!! If I hadn't had that I would have lost 15lbs in 4 weeks!! I am always tempted to subtract that, but who am I kidding (although, I subtract it in my head!). You are doing great!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Hey Mary,

Where in SC do you live? I was born and raised in Sumter SC. I will be going there next weekend to check on my mom.

Betty
Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
Start Date: January 2011
I made it! Grandaughter and I walked 10 laps last night at indoor walking place. I was pretty tired when we got done and grandaughter didn't even break a sweat but then she is only 12. anyway we made it and my knee is pretty sore today but I could still walk outside taking my pugs out for potty break.
Good luck with goals. Hugs,Lynn in Ohio
Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

For those of you on AS, how do you make yourself eat when you aren't hungry? I had a couple days where I looked up and realized I hadn't eaten the total I am required to eat. Same this week. So, are AS a potential sabotage to the effort when I go off of them? I mean...I am accustomed to having something assuage my appetite and don't want to go haywire when I no longer have them.

What say you.....?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
For those of you on AS, how do you make yourself eat when you aren't hungry? I had a couple days where I looked up and realized I hadn't eaten the total I am required to eat. Same this week. So, are AS a potential sabotage to the effort when I go off of them? I mean...I am accustomed to having something assuage my appetite and don't want to go haywire when I no longer have them.

What say you.....?
I went down to only 2 doses a day because of this very reason last time I did this. I hated force feeding myself, which is exactly what it feels like im doing when im not hungry. I started out with 2 this time and I get faint hints of being hungry now at the proper times--enough to let me know its time to eat and im eating because I am hungry . (Though, last night we had dinner at 5:30pm and I was starving when i was in bed at 10:30! ) Maybe see if they will lower your dosage? Not getting your cals will start to burn muscle instead of fat, I was told
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
Start Date: 02/02/2011
Quote:

What say you.....?
I had the same problem. There were days when I literally had to force myself to eat just to reach 500 calories. I started taking 1/2 a pill instead so that I would be hungry at the right times. I am heading into my 5th week and have settled on a schedule that really works for me. I take 1 pill between breakfast and lunch and that keeps the hunger away until dinner. If I know I am going to have a late dinner, then I will take one between lunch and dinner. Today I did not take one at all, I have had my required calories and don't feel hungry at all. Everyone is different and for me the AS pills were just too strong. Since I have changed things up I have no problem eating the right amounts and I feel a MILLION times better. Also, it is a good feeling to know that I should not face any major struggles when I go off the AS pills all together.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

I'm going to start saving mine and sell them on the street. What's the going rate for these beauties?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
I'm going to start saving mine and sell them on the street. What's the going rate for these beauties?
Lol! I have a bottle full of them in the cabinet! I found myself so not hungry when I took 3 AS that I truly wanted to throw up when force feeding myself. After a few weeks into acute, I went to 2 AS/day (on my own decision, as my clinic told me not to....which explains all the extra pills I have because my prescription stayed the same). I would take one in the late morning (10:00 ish) and then another in the afternoon (2:00 ish). I then found myself forgetting to take the morning one and weaned myself down to 1 AS. My hungry time (and still is!) is during the afternoon from 3-5 pm....and that's when the AS needed to help me out. I now know that's my tough time and I try to plan out my snacks so that have something more filling around 3:00 to get me until we eat around 6.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
So I am surviving day 2 of back on the wagon week 1. My calories were perfect yesterday and I feel in control of my eating which is the most important thing I need to learn through this lifestyle change.

I am envious of all of you taking fewer AS because you have to force yourself to eat. I was at the point where I had a tolerance to the AS and didn't feel like they were doing anything. I weaned off for 3 week, ate on the verge of pre-medi (probably not the best choice) and now have started back to 3/day. I have more energy and I have been able to stay compliance with the diet.

Last night I ran 3 miles. I am running the Broad St. run in Philadelphia in early May and need to be able to finish 10. I have to start somewhere so running will be my main mode of exercise for the month. Hopefully that will get me to goal.

Baysidegal- I agree with everyone else. You need to use Medi to adjust your lifestyle how it works for you. We all have similar eating issues that got us over weight in the first place, but managing the lifestyle may be a little different for others. I am thankful that I know how to cook and I am not afraid to alter recipes to lower the carbs and fat and make them medi friendly. I know people who have lost eating the same thing every day but that is not me.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
To get a job!! Also, like a lot of others (back in the February thread)... I'm so obsessive about food & weighing since I hit maintenance. Each daily weight variance affects my mood... if I have too many calories (or fat, or carbs, or cholesterol, or SODIUM for God's sake) I worry... if I don't reach my 1200 calorie daily goal, I worry about "starvation mode!" Oh, then if I don't get all of my exercise in each day, I also worry. SO, one of my goals is to maintain 120 and below by just doing the right things, and to fret less. Okay, add me to ya'll's prayer lists! :blush:
My goal for March is not to gain while recuperating from foot surgery and not being able to exercise and being home-bound. The challenge I cannot weigh myself (cannot put weight on my foot) so it is a guessing game at this point.
Closed Thread